Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA"

+15
[μsic]மாபியா
crimson king
BC
vss1902
al_gates
counterpoint
mythila
IsaiRasigan
jaiganesh
ravinat
Drunkenmunk
ank
Usha
app_engine
raagakann
19 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

Any TN hits from "rAman adbullA"?

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Vote_lcap43%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Vote_lcap29%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Vote_lcap14%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Vote_lcap14%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Empty song missing

Post  BC Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:58 am

app_engine, 2 songs are missing from the 1983 movie list:

1.  Movie "Aayiram Nilave Vaa".  That song is "Gangai Aatril Nindru Kondu" (PS solo).  Honey-flowing-into-ears - this is one such song!  It was a regular of AIR and Ceylon Radio list, even several years after the movie was released.  I see that you have not yet included this song in the IR-PS thread too.  Didn't anybody think this is a GEM of PS-IR?

2. Movie "Anandha Kummi"  The song is "Thaamarai Kodi" (SPB solo).  More popular than the other song (Oomai nenjin) you have added to the hit list.  SPB's trademark expressions are a delight to the ears.  Kindly ignore the silly choreography and dance!

Regarding movie Satya - please go ahead and add "Ingeyum Angeyum" song to the hit list.  I cannot forgive them enough for removing this gem of a song from the album and adding another stupid song to the list.  Commercial factor, as usual, won over aesthetics.

Shenbagame Shenbagame movie: Vaasalile Poosanipoo is definitely a hit.  Manja podi and Veluthu kattikadaa are less popular ones.

Last edited by BC on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:22 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : typo, missed info)

BC

Back to top Go down

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Empty Re: Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA"

Post  app_engine Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:19 pm

BC sir,
Actually those two songs (gangai AtRil of 1000 nilavE vA & thAmaraikkodi of Anandhakkummi) are already part of the "hit list".

thAmaraikkodi is #532 in our listing & gangai AtRil is #534 in our list, please refer the corresponding post(s).

For those years, I did have two categories (of super hits and hits) and these two songs came in the second category Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Empty Not just hits

Post  BC Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:40 am

OMG Exclamation   Just noticed the sub-category on page-4.  Never knew it was super-hits, moderate hits and so on!  app_engine sir, naan sir illai, madam.  Sad that many (at least more than 50%) IR songs were wasted like vizhalukku iraitha neer.

BC

Back to top Go down

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Empty Re: Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA"

Post  app_engine Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:36 pm

BC wrote:app_engine sir, naan sir illai, madam.  

Embarassed

Sorry for the wrong assumption!

Agree - many of IR's songs proved to be vizhalukku iRaiththa neer, as for as those movies were concerned. However, the audio alone reigns supreme in most cases.

From what I observe (and also hear from friends visiting TN, especially the south part of it) that those tracks play in functions / vehicles / FMs etc. even now. That way, the music lives on & in many cases, people recall the names of such movies only because of IR songs Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:43 pm

Adding the hits of that grAmarAjan movie...

#971 vAsalilE poosaNippoo (SJ-SPB duet, sheNbagamE sheNbagamE)
Lovely duet song in the "IR-Folk V2" genre - thoroughly enjoyable! After a long night's bus travel from Palakkad to Madurai and then catching a bus for Virudhunagar in the morning, how refreshing this song was in that bus! (It was sometime in late 90's). I can't describe the joy this song gives each time you listen!

#972 manjappodi thEykkayilE (SPB solo, sheNbagamE sheNbagamE)
This song, like the one above, got covered in the IR-SPB thread of the mayyam.com too & I've recently analyzed a little bit as to the dates of this one and its Telugu equivalent as to how this could be the original (and the Vamsi movie song a remake)...

The next movie that needs a poll is "theerthakkaraiyinilE" (directed by Manivannan) - and a couple of songs are quite familiar to me. I simply love the funny singing of IR that "உஷாரய்யா உஷாரு ஓரஞ்சாரம் உஷாரு" number Smile

kotti kidakuthu selvangaL bhoomiyilE K.S.Chithra
ushAr iyA ushAru OranjchAram ushAru ilaiyaRaaja / Gangai Amaran / Chorus
vizhiyil puthu kavitha padithEn Mano / K.S.Chithra
theerthakarai OrathilE thenpothigai sArathilE S.P.Balasubramaniam
thEichuvida pOREn S.P.Sailaja
Asai kiLiyE Asai kiLiyE nAn aLLi koLLa Mano

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:38 pm

Going by the consensus, it seems only one song was a hit from that album. Let us document it and move on Smile

#973 vizhiyil pudhukkavidhai padiththEn (KSC-Mano duet, theerththakkaraiyinilE)
This thaka-thakita number became familiar to me only in internet era (can't for sure say if I've heard it those days on buses or not). However, others seem to feel this was popular inside TN.

The songs 'ushArayyA ushAru' & 'theerththakkarai oRaththilE' seemed to have reached some people but may not be truly "hit" songs that got played over and over on multiple media.

Moving on to the next album -theRkaththikkaLLan - which I'm quite familiar with & three songs were definite hits across TN & also Palakkad, other songs need poll :

vAdA vAdA yen rAsA [Title Song] ilaiyaRaaja
rAdhA azhaikiRAL kAdhal rAgam isaikkiRAL S.Janaki
pottu vachchu pArkkapORen [yE yeththanaiyO cinemavil] S.P.Balasubramaniam
indhiran kettathu pombalaiyaLE K.S.Chithra / Chorus
kaNNukkuLLE thookkam pOchu S.Janaki
thillA tAngu tAngu adi yenga pochu wrongu Malaysia Vasudevan / K.S.Chithra

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:45 pm

#974 rAdhA azhaikkiRAL (SJ solo, theRkaththikkaLLan)
What a sweet song! This song should have been the "test number" for recording centers those days (as a "demonstration" number, with very sophisticated arrangements & awesome recording). Super hit song!

#975 pottu vachchu pAkkappOREn (SPB solo, theRkaththikkaLLan)
Definition of a "peppy" number and frequently heard on teakkadais & buses.

#976 thillA tAngu tAngu (KSC-MV duet, theRkaththikkaLLan)
Another song that I've heard on buses and tea shops frequently those days - enjoyable number!

With that Vijayakanth movie done, let us move on to the next kaLLan & a poll - uLLam kavarndha kaLvan.

I guess only one song sounds familiar if I look at the listing - that kAlang kArththAlE...I need to listen to others.

poonthendRal pOgum pAthai pOgalAm K.S.Chithra
yen manasai paRikoduthu P.Jayachandran
idhukkuthAnA unmEla AsaipattEn Malaysia Vasudevan
kAlang kAthAlE oru pAdam kEtpEnE [kuyil koova thuyil paRanthu] K.J.Yesudas / K.S.Chithra
nAdirukkum nilamaiyilE pAttu romba thEvai P.Jayachandran
thEnE senthEnE mAnE ponmAnE S.P.Balasubramaniam

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:27 pm

Though this "uLLam kavarndha kaLvan" is such a sweet and melodious album, only one song is familiar to me (kAlangAththAlE oru vElai illAmE). Rest of the songs are good but for whatever reason, they got washed off in the big flood of songs that IR himself for pouring out in that time period Embarassed

http://mio.to/album/Ullam+Kavarntha+Kalvan+%281987%29

Let us add that to the hit list and move on to next album.

#977 kAlangAththAlE oru vElai illAmE (KSC-KJY duet, uLLam kavarndha kaLvan)
Played frequently on buses and a lovely duet with some mild mischief Smile

Next poll is for an album whose name I've not heard about those days Embarassed "vAzhga vaLarga" - let us add a poll.

chittu kuruvi pAru kattukaLum yEthu [Title Song] ilaiyaRaaja / Chorus
aduppai mozhugi arumbarumbA kOlamittu [Bit] Chorus
eesuwaranE eesuwaranE pombalaiyai yennathukku thalaiyil vaithAi ilaiyaRaaja / Malaysia Vasudevan
thooNdAmaNi viLakku thooNdAma ninnu yeriyum K.S.Chithra / Chorus
nEththu varai yArOda nee irunthAlum Mano / S.Janaki
mooNu vELai sORu pOdalAm S.Janaki
appOthu nallathangA iLangkodiyum [Bit] K.S.Chithra
karumbAlE villai katti K.Veeramani / Krishnamoorthy / Saibaba / B.S.Sasireka
thannandhthani mayilAga B.S.Sasireka
nerunji poo pookkum ???

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:16 am

app_engine, I voted for "Thoondamani vilakku" song.  I know that this one was quite common in AIR back those days.  That's how I knew about this song and many other hidden gems of IR.  I never knew which movie it belonged to or who were the actors.  All I know it is a good pathos song sung by K.S. Chitra.  It is in my playlist.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:31 pm

nanRi BC, for that information - something I didn't see and only a person who lived in TN could confirm Smile

This is precisely why we are having polls for years 1986 and after (when I was no longer in TN).

Adding that song to our hit history :
#978 thooNdAmaNi viLakku thooNdAma ninneriyum (KSC with chorus, vAzhga vaLarga)
Very sweet song, it's possible I've heard this song when the album came out but became more familiar only in the "raajafm.com" era, that is most recent time period!

Adding all the songs of the super hit album "vElaikkAran" without poll (as the popularity reached even outside TN)

#979 vElai illAdhavan thAn (Mano with chorus, vElaikkAran)
This title song got played everywhere - even though I wasn't a fan of this number those days Embarassed

#980 vA vA vA vA kaNNA vA (KSC-Mano duet, vElaikkAran)
What a terrific sweet number! Though I have not liked Mano in this number those days, per recent "post-Toronto-concert resolve", I'm not going to write too bad about him Laughing Of course, KSC is fantastic!

#981 enakkuthththA un uyirai enakkuththA (BSS solo, vElaikkAran)
Guitar special and a personal favorite! I simply love the anupallavi portion that ends in a very sweet manner. (Song not picturized on Rajini-Amala but Pallavi-Sarathbabu, interesting)

#982 mAmanukku mylAppooru dhAn (MV and chorus, vElaikkAran)
Fun song and very popular on public address systems

#983 thOttaththila pAththi katti (SPS-SPB & chorus, vElaikkAran)
Terrific rhythm and energy, SPB adds a lot of charm to this number. Needless to say patti-thotti hit!

#984 peththu eduththava thAn (MV solo, vElaikkAran)
Need to once again remind people that those were the days when pathos songs enjoyed same popularity as fun songs, dappAnguththu, love duets etc. I've heard this song everywhere in that time period!

That completes the year 1987. I guess there's a statistics post I do after completion of each year. Since it's a very long time from the time I completed a prior year, let me dig into the previous pages, find out what needs to be posted and do that one! After which we can repeat the process for 1988 Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:49 pm

Looks like I didn't do any statistics / summary kind of post for 1986 Embarassed

Well, let me try to add one at this point of time. This should help understand the kind of hit mazhai that IR was showering upon TN those days Smile

Look at the summary so far :

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 9 Captur16

No explanation necessary Smile

Let ANY COMPOSER from ANY COUNTRY or ANY ERA compete with this kind of numbers!

This is only TFM! Also, we have a lot more highly productive years to cover yet Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:11 pm

The first film listed for 1988 (alphabetically) is dharmaththin thalaivan. Having seen the terrific reception of the songs in B'lore first hand, I don't think it needs a poll (reception of the songs couldn't be any behind inside TN).

So, adding all of them to the hit-list :

#985 then madhurai vaigai nathi (PS-MV-SPB in the happy version, MV had a pathos version as well, dharmaththin thalaivan)
Evergreen super hit song, Rajini is quite stylish in this number on-screen Smile

#986 muththamizhkkaviyE varuga (KSC-KJY duet, dharmaththin thalaivan)
Lovely song with an exquisite melody! Big hit without question, everywhere!

#987 veLLimaNi kiNNaththilE (KSC-MV-Mano group song, dharmaththin thalaivan)
Relatively less popular of this album (IMO), northie-style number, possibly the first song for Kushbu in TF - I think her debut movie in TN.

#988 oththadi oththadi OramA oththadi (Sunandha-MV duet, dharmaththin thalaivan)
patti-thotti hit, janaranjaga number, some funny singing by MV

#989 yAru yAru indhakkizhavan yAru (MV-Mano with chorus group song, dharmaththin thalaivan)
Another funny song, with some nice rhythm arrangements - needless to say it got played everywhere when the movie came out

The next movie will need a poll, I'm familiar with only one song - manadhilE oru pAttu (thAyam onnu) - I did cover it in the IR-SPB thread of the hub those days:
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB&p=812314&viewfull=1#post812314

manathilE oru pAttu [Duet & a female solo] S.P.Balasubramaniam / P.Susheela
kotti kidakku guNdu malli poovu K.S.Chithra
rAthiri poothathu kAttu rOjA Jikki / Chorus
pOgAthE sAru nAn potta puLLa pAru Mano / K.S.Chithra
nAnE un kAdhali kAdhal nAyagi Mano / K.S.Chithra / P.Susheela / Swarnalatha

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:00 am

app_engine wrote:
Let ANY COMPOSER from ANY COUNTRY or ANY ERA compete with this kind of numbers! This is only TFM! Also, we have a lot more highly productive years to cover yet Smile

doublethumbsup

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:05 am

Manadhile oru paattu is of course a terrific duet and a soulful composition.  SPB & PS both together sound very soothing. 

Other songs: Kotti kidakku, Naane un and Raathiri poothadhu may not be as popular as that one BUT they are AIR & Ceylon Radio numbers.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:31 pm

Adding one song from manadhilE oru pAttu (while others had some radio time, as mentioned by BC, they could not be called "hits" in the regular 80's IR standards, per otherwise responses)...

#990 manadhilE oru pAttu (PS-SPB duet & also a PS solo, thAyam onnu)
Very sweet melody and lovely orchestration. Per Plum, this was an Arjun-Seetha number on screen (while other songs had different girls with Arjun). Never knew anything about the movie or album but the song reached me in Palakkad Smile

The next album is en bommukkutty ammAvukku.  While some songs I know were super hits (uyirE uyirin oLiyE, bommukkutty ammAvukku, kuyilE kuyilE kuyilakkA, E chiththira chittukkaL were all well-known songs), I'm not sure about the reach of others. Actually, I've heard them for the first time when I watched the movie on DVD in the new millennium Embarassed

So, a poll in necessary - for their reach inside TN.

kaNNe navamaNiyE ilaiyaRaaja
yE chithira chittukaL K.S.Chithra / Chorus
uyirE uyirin oLiyE K.J.Yesudas / K.S.Chithra
kuyilE kuyilE kuyilakka K.J.Yesudas / K.S.Chithra / Bavadharani
paththaraimAthu chithira poNNE S.P.Balasubramaniam / Malaysia Vasudevan
yaiyaiyaiyaiyaiyA ilaiyaRaaja / K.S.Chithra / Yuvan
bommukutti ammAvukku ArarO K.J.Yesudas
nallOrgaL unnai pArAtta vENdum K.S.Chithra
kAlellAm nOguthadi ilaiyaRaaja

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:43 am

Back to this exercise - after a break Smile

Going by the votes as well as my personal experience, let us include 4 songs from that super bommukkutty album.

#991 E chiththriachchittukkaL (KSC solo with chorus, en bommukkutty ammAvukku)
Yet another thuLLal song for the chinnakkuyil from that time period, with usual chorus. The song was popular both in TN & KL

#992 uyirE uyirin oLiyE (KSC-KJY duet, en bommukkutty ammAvukku)
Somewhat emotional and situational but superb nevertheless. This is evergreen and popular to this day!

#993 kuyilE kuyilE kuyilakkA (Bhava-KSC-KJY family song, en bommukkutty ammAvukku)
The song also has solo version of KJY IIRC. Somewhat comical pallavi but the saraNam is terrific, as always for rAsA songs! Hit status is unquestionable Smile

#994 bommukkutty ammAvukku ArArO (KJY solo, en bommukkutty ammAvukku)
What a lovely song! Superb singing by KJY and a touching melody - terrific interludes - fantastic package! எத்தனை முறை கேட்டாலும் அலுக்காத பாடல்!

Our next album to be put up for poll is en purushan thAn enakku mattum thAn from this year.

I've heard a couple of songs on buses / radio - would like to know the status from people who lived in TN in 1988:

manathil orE oru poo poothathu P.Susheela
pArthavudan yEnga vaikkum jeansu S.P.Balasubramaniam
kAthu kAthu ootha kAthum veesuthE Mano / Lalitha Sagari
poo mudithu pottu vaitha vatta nilA P.Jayachandran / Sunandha
sAmigaLE sAmigaLE sontha kathai kELunga S.P.Balasubramaniam
pullaikooda pAda vaitha pullAngkuzhal P.Jayachandran
pattu pudavai uduthi pArammA S.P.Balasubramaniam

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:24 am

app_engine wrote:Back to this exercise - after a break
Smile

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:22 am

Only today I found out that EPT-EMT was a Vijayakanth movie Embarassed Another funny thing is it had Suhasini also (what a combo Laughing )

Anyways, as per the votes (and also my familiarity with the songs), three picks from this album! I'll have to leave out the 'pullaikkooda' song as I heard it for the first time only in raajafm.com and never before on buses / radio etc. Neither did it pull a lot of responses here or in twitter.

So, here you go:

#995 manadhil orE oru poo pooththadhu (PS solo, en purushan thAn enakku mattum thAn)
Nice melody but somewhat 70's styled song. Heard it many times when it arrived, every time only involuntarily!

#996 kAththu oodhakkAththu (Lalitha Sagari - Mano duet, en purushan thAn enakku mattum thAn)
Definitely very popular on buses! I never knew the name of the singer (before this thread exercise). Decent job by both singers, though it was too big a load to carry (considering the fact that SJ-MV used to do such numbers)

#997 poo mudiththuppottu vaiththa vatta nilA (Sunandha-JC duet, en purushan thAn enakku mattum thAn)
Singing combo of 'idhu oru kAdhal mayakkam' back in this song, doing a fine job! Excellent melody and terrific orch - very typical of later part of 80's - frequently heard on buses of course!

Next album in the list is en uyir kaNNammA - though I got familiar with the songs in recent times (misra chApu number and all), never heard these when the album supposedly came out. I'll let those lived in TN to pitch in...

yArai kEttu neer thAn mEgam sErnthathu K.S.Chithra
nAn thEdum dhEvathaiyE Malaysia Vasudevan
nAdOdi pAttugaL nAn padippEn S.P.Balasubramaniam
poompARaiyil pottu vachcha poongkuruvi ilaiyaRaaja

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:28 am

Poompaaraiyil is definitely a good one, familiar too. Other songs - Neutral.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:26 am

Need to include 'poompARaiyil' from that album, it looks like. Let us count that one here :

#998 poompARaiyil pottu vachcha poonguruvi (IR solo, en uyir kaNNammA)
I became familiar with this song only in the raajafm.com time period (i.e very recent). However, TN-ers are voting for it as well-known inside the state. Happy to take it Smile

Moving on to the next album, which has the privilege of completing the "1000th" number in this hit history exercise Smile

enga ooru kAvakkAran - definitely has a few super hits (the PS solos are legendary) !

yenga ooru kAvalkArA [Title Song] ilaiyaRaaja
AsaiyilE pAthi katti P.Susheela Happy / Mano Pathos
thOppOram thottil katti P.Susheela
mAlai karukkalilE antha malligai thOttathilE Mano / P.Susheela / Chorus
arumbAgi mottAgi poovAgi Dheeban Chakaravarthy / P.Susheela
jivvu jivvu jivvu jivvunnu yERuthadi Mano / P.Susheela
srRuvANi thaNNi kudichu ilaiyaRaaja / Sunandha / S.P.Sailaja

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:11 am

Aasaiyile paathikatti definitely deserves a '1000' stamp!  My favourite in this album.  Other super-hits to moderate-hits include Arumbagi, Title song and Maalai karukkalile.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:13 am

As per BC's wish, let us give the #1000 spot to that great PS number 'Asaiyila pAththi katti' Smile

There're 4 super hit songs in this album, which need no qualifiers, let us list them for this thread!

#999 thOppOram thottil katti (PS solo, enga ooru kAvakkAran)
Phenomenal song - this one got introduced to me by a Palakkadan co-worker who talked a lot about this number just after coming back from his "official" France trip in a party! I've possibly heard this hundreds of times ever since!

#1000 Asaiyila pAththi katti (PS solo, there is also a Mano version, enga ooru kAvakkAran)
Legendary number! I've written a lot about this song in the PS thread! First post of those series is here :
https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t23p25-the-ir-ps-thread#1219
Smile
applause

#1001 arumbAgi mottAgippoovAgi (PS/DC duet, enga ooru kAvakkAran)
Sweet number that was quite popular those days on buses and other usual channels! 

#1002 mAlaikkarukkalilE andha malligal thOttaththilE (PS/Mano duet, enga ooru kAvakkAran)
A couple of years back Mano made it big in that enga ooru pAttukkAran movie with many hits. Surprisingly, this album with a similar title didn't have a predominant male voice but had PS doing most of the songs Smile

I need to search around for the jump drive that has the Excel sheet Embarassed  

Until then, the poll for next album must wait Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:13 am

Re-start
Embarassed
Embarassed

The next album to be polled is 'ennai peththa rAsA'.

Please pick if there had been any TN-hits from this album. The songs are:

yellArukkum nallavana pErai vAngaNum ilaiyaRaaja
sontham oNdRai thEdum annakiLi Mano / K.S.Chithra
Asai vachcha pEraiyellAm S.P.Sailaja / Chorus
malliyapoo kattililE [sollava kathaiya sollava] P.Susheela
peththa manasu suththathilum suththamadA ilaiyaRaaja
Love Love Love [AmbalaiyA latchchaNamA] [yellOraiyum pOlavE] Mano / T.S.Ragavendar / Sundarajan / Chorus

At least two songs are well-known to me, living in KL those days (sontham onRai thEdum & peththa manasu)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:13 pm

Since I'm not very familiar with all the songs of ennai peththa rAsA, tried to watch the youtubes and was in for a big Shocked with that 'malliyappoo kattililE' song Shocked

So, this lady Roobini has the distinction of having the great ammA PS doing mukkal-munagal for her Laughing

That way, she has the RARE DISTINCTION of having both "Ms Serious" KSC and "Ms Motherly" PS do mukkal-munagal for her (sivarAththiri & malliyappoo) - what a feat!

rAsAvin kuRumbugaL Smile rotfl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrh9mArmQHI

app_engine

Jose S likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:10 pm

I also voted for those two songs.  Others were not popular.  So good to see this thread back in action!

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next