Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rajini and Kamal appreciation thread.

+22
Drunkenmunk
vicks
crimson king
dilbert
HonestRaj
Michael AF
kid_glove
equanimus
Kaaling
Cinemarasigan
Hamid
V_S
sagi
Wizzy
Sakalakala Vallavar
CF
Bala (Karthik)
jaiganesh
plum
app_engine
groucho070
26 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Rajini and Kamal appreciation thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: Rajini and Kamal appreciation thread.

Post  app_engine Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:11 am

Rajini under pressure to sign-up for next movie, to release his daughter's film

dinamaNi wrote:
கோச்சடையான் படத்தின் வெளியீட்டு தேதியே இன்னும் உறுதி செய்யப்படாத நிலையில், தன் அடுத்தப் படத்தை உடனே துவங்குகிறார் ரஜினி.

காரணம், கோச்சடையான் வெளியீட்டிற்கு முன்பாக அந்தப் படத்திற்காக ஆரம்ப முதலீடு செய்த ஈராஸ் நிறுவனத்துக்கு ரூ.50 கோடி வழங்க வேண்டுமாம்.

அதை வழங்குவதற்காகவே உடனடியாய் புதிய படத்தில் நடிக்க ரஜினி ஒப்புக்கொண்டாராம்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Rajini and Kamal appreciation thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: Rajini and Kamal appreciation thread.

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:25 pm

lingA

சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் ரஜினிகாந்த் நடிக்கும் அடுத்த படத்திற்கு 'லிங்கா' என பெயர் வைக்கப்படுள்ளது. ரஜினியின் பிஆர்ஓ ரியாஸ் அகமது இதை அதிகாரப்பூர்வமாக அறிவித்துள்ளார். ரஜினி நடிக்கும் புதிய படத்துக்கு 'லிங்கா' என பெயர் சூட்டப்பட்டிருப்பதாக ஒன்இந்தியா நேற்றே செய்தி வெளியிட்டது ஆனால் இச்செய்தி ரஜினி தரப்பிலிருந்து அதிகாரப்பூர்வமாக இன்று உறுதிப்படுத்தப்பட்டுள்ளது

Please refer the last post...pAvam Rajinikanth, to be under such pressure Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  counterpoint Fri May 02, 2014 7:46 am

He has made a lot of money for himself at the expense of his fans and now he wants his daughter to make money as well. If at all there is any "pressure" he has brought it on himself. It is his choice. No room for any sympathies here.

I think both the actors in question, have been appreciated for much more than what they have offered us, especially in recent times. Viswaroopam becoming a hit due to sympathy factor being the latest case in point.

counterpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sun May 11, 2014 7:09 am

So heard Rajni is in twitter now  Laughing . People who fall for his humility and publicity gimmicks at the time of new releases are about ten times more naive/contemptible than those who fall for Rahman's.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sun May 11, 2014 10:02 am

fring151 wrote:So heard Rajni is in twitter now  Laughing . People who fall for his humility and publicity gimmicks at the time of new releases are about ten times more naive/contemptible than those who fall for Rahman's.
Oh his bio reads Superstar's official twitter account and his ID itself is @superstarrajini Humility icon. NOT. And the first few hrs had his handle auto tweeting every follower (some 10,000 in 5 hrs) with a Kochadaiiyaan poster. Sound has essentially reduced her dad to a Kochadaiiyaan bot. And if he has to come on twitter to promote the film, can't imagine how the film will suck. However, the backlash prompted the managers of the account to delete all spam tweets.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sun May 11, 2014 9:15 pm

Lol. It is so obvious he's not there to interact with fans. People who worship this man for his supposed humility piss me off much worse than those who adore ARR for the same quality. At least ARR fans, thanks to their love humanity instructions from above don't go around picking physical fights and channel their anger in youtube comments, coming up with extremely vulgar, yet amusing, but equally unoriginal abuses in Tamil. I know a person who imitates Rajni's every mannerism and this annoys his wife no end. And she dare not question him, or else....For every RK fanatic, I would rather have 100 maniacs. but to be fair, I'd any day take 1000 Rajni fanatics over 1 thala or thalapathy fan. Anyone who is a fanatic of thala or thalapathy (again a fucking humility icon) is a bonafide worthless human being and a waste of oxygen.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Mon May 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Need to get something off my chest here. I am no fan of his humility or 'most' of his post-Annamalai works. My favorite film post Annamalai are the ones with Shankar. And on the off-screen activities I am a fan of the guy who gave interviews like I can't sleep without a woman and the one who used to smoke ciggies on press conferences and the one who raised his voice during the 96 elections. Having put this disclaimer..

Publicity gimmicks at the time of a new release - It has just happened for the last two films. Enthiran and this one. Enthiran I am sure he was arm-twisted by Sun TV but this he had no choice. His worst creation ever, the daughter devil, who already put him under so much pressure(remember the ocher studio, goa fiasco) wudnt let him go. Anyway I am not even trying to rationalize this, he deserves this just for not being able to say 'no' to the daughter and for accepting to act in a film produced by the sun group. And also in one of the interviews leading to Koch he said he dint like what he saw in the first 10 mins of the film and also the fact that they are making a MoCap out of him, who is still alive. Should we file this under fake humility also, I don't know.

For Sivaji the boss, which had a much bigger hype than Enthiran, he did not come out in the open to promote it. Prove me wrong. And I don't remember his interviews / publicity stunts for Chandramukhi or Baba. I am sure everybody would agree that he did not promote his 90s films. So 2 film promotions out of the 20 (taking just the last 20 years) and aint we extrapolating?

One sect calls his political dialogues in his films (which was last seen in Baba? and that was a colossal flop) as promotional drivers, but those were *in* the film. And if those people think his 'opening' or whatever is strictly because of the political stunts, I will have to respectfully disagree. I, for one do not even care what he does with his personal life. And I was a card-holding field activity fan. Sure, it may have had an impact in the B and C centers, but he still gets full-house in multiplexes.

Fake humility etc. - I don't think he wears jibba and comes out bald on public to advertise himself as a 'humility icon' its just that he feels 'at home'. If people really fall for those, the fault is on them, not on him, who AFAIK does not do this on purpose. All he earns with this to allow rediff commentors to post yet another racial remark on his personality.

Anyway - this Kochadaiiyaan is easily the lowest point in his career. What all has he do to sell this film. Give an interview (which is quite normal for any actor, even Kamalahaasan, his closest competitor in terms of collections), appear in twitter (Haasan appeared in facebook around VRoopam times, no?), announce his next film (again many actors do this). But Rajini doing this is what caught the attention of others. Like I mentioned in twitter, the lowest point in my 30+ years as a fan. Eventhough I retired as a fan after Enthiran, this is the final nail in the coffin.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon May 12, 2014 7:20 pm

Why is it proving so hard to release Kochaidiyan, though?  Is it the price they are asking from the distributors?   I mean, even total dud films like RG ka yuck or Snowman's latest get the opportunity to tank in style at the theaters so why not Kochadiyan.  I don't mind it so much if he has to come to twitter to push his work.  Don't many smaller, struggling artists do it to make a living?  It's high time superstars got cut down to size.  There's no reason why somebody who just happens to be good at acting and winning a large audience should become enormously larger than life icon.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Mon May 12, 2014 8:25 pm

Nerd wrote:If people really fall for those, the fault is on them, not on him

My diatribe, if you read it again, is strictly against those morons. And unfortunately, there are just way too many of them. They claim to like Rajni as much for his humility as for his on screen acting. I certainly don't think Rajni appears in public the way he does to be perceived as a humility icon, and needless to say, I don't judge him for promoting Koch or Sivaij. Even IR comes out to promote, in his own un-media savvy way, his new soundtracks and films..also concerts for KR etc, so... I won't judge people for promoting their business interests, nothing wrong. Oh, of course Kamal is notorious for kicking up controversies * before his film releases. The drama before Vroopam release..."I will leave India", fans offering to bail him out..ppppahhhhh. Even though I might have genuinely sympathised with him if he had indeed risked going bankrupt as opposed to trying to stir up a sympathy wave, all these "fans" offering to donate to bail him out. mudila.

Edit: To be fair, they were almost certainly not intentional, but they certainly did help mediocre films like Dasa and slightly above average ones like VRoopam run for longer and rake up more moolah than they otherwise would have, so maybe Kamal didn't mind it so much after all  Razz

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue May 13, 2014 3:49 am

crimson king wrote:Why is it proving so hard to release Kochaidiyan, though?  Is it the price they are asking from the distributors?  
No, it seems Sound owes 40C to oriental bank and is unable to settle them. So the bank has got a stay order from the court. Now, 40C is not such a big amount for Rajini you would think, but he is trying to not interfere, as in, not settle it from his own pocket.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue May 13, 2014 6:18 am

I can understand frint's visceral hate of the rajini image from 90s. I can also understand Nerd's measured distaste and nuanced breakup of the mis-steps.

For me, the Rajni charm died with Maappillai - whence I figured that the image was manufactured and there wasn't much beyond what had already been offered until then.

And then with Annamalai, and the political punches, it was clear that the man had succumbed to fleecing his fans to make his living.
The peak was when he advised Chiranjeevi in early 00s - apparently privately but the latter, who has zero ounces of self-awareness leaked it out - of how to incorporate "safe" political punches in his movies which will keep the fans appetised but the heroes can get away with not doing anything overtly political even after it.

At some stage, I wonder if Rajni said to his conscience(hopefully better looking than how KB visualized it in Moondru mudichu) "I am not a man like this sir"

As Nerd points out, the man who threatened to beat up reporters if they dared attend his marriage and take a photograph - that man was positively loveable off-screen. He died long before Annamalai. It's just that a lot of us realised it after Annamalai - some of us kind of realised it earlier but didn't fully consciously recognise it until Annamalai.

I think it's not the daughter newly exploiting him - his family has been doing that ever since marriage. Parasites like YGM, RAvi Raghavendar etc have been at it for decades. It is not just that  - the brahminist media's attitude towards him before and after the marriage  is worth studying. He has been sort of brahminized - it is ok for Anirudh and others to take pride in his legacy because he has been succesful and the family has a part in manufacturing that image since 80s.
I wonder if it was some sort of honey trap for him into marriage. How come of all people a relative of YGM managed to trap him ?
At some point, Rajni moved from the rebel prince to conformist King. 

I think the conservative forces - even discounting my conspiracy theory- might have preferred to co-opt him than let him emerge naturally in his mass hero avatar. He was sanitised for the consumption of elites

It is all some sort of tragedy. It is an achievement that he retains an ounce of sanity amidst all this

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Tue May 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Plum, fair argument. Though I can hardly get myself to feel sorry for Rajni - he's been showered with (disproportionate) love and affection by the gullible masses of TN for his perceived image and has got his fair share of professional and national honours to boot - well, if he has lost his identity and been made to wear a cloak in the process, too bad, I think he has got more than decent compensation in the bargain. I think people in TN must learn to put their lives before that of actors. Gounder sums this up pretty aptly.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue May 13, 2014 1:39 pm

fring151 wrote:
This is uploaded by P_R (dagalti). Read the description, for it is so awesome Razz
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Wed May 14, 2014 5:28 am

Lol! Pretty spot on. Omakuchi is totally hilarious.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  counterpoint Wed May 14, 2014 11:18 am

I cannot but any of the arguments that certain forces did this or that to Rajni. He was in charge of his own career and life. Unless some political bigwig, behind the scenes, twisted his arm into doing things a certain way(which we are not privy to anyways and cannot pass a judgement on) there is nothing about him or what he does that deserves our empathy.Nobody apparently put a gun to his head and asked him to act in a  specific way.He made his own choices and it seems like he has enjoyed and continues to enjoy the benefits of those choices to the full extent.

counterpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Wed May 14, 2014 8:32 pm

Agreed. There are so many people in this world deserving of sympathies. Why waste it on a rich, popular superstar of limited talent?

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Sat May 24, 2014 6:24 pm

Never gave a rat's ass about Rajini the person. Always in awe as an actor, and he was bloody awesome back in days. I don't gave a damn if he is simple, gave millions to the poor or helped to book a flight to Israel for the Pope.

But there is lots of truth in some argument here. I don't like the Superstar moniker...I hardly use it for him. He is much more than that. The direction he took brought out the worst amongst some young film fans expectation, hence the tala and talabathi fiasco. The animation is perfect for the image not the talent. The talent needs proper cinema...I am still waiting for it...yeppa varumooo, ippo varumooo, asai porantha, appa varumooo....oh well....

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one." - Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood in Dead Pool)
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Mon May 26, 2014 10:00 am

http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/election-2014/rajinikanth-to-skip-narendra-modi-s-swearing-in-amid-row-over-lankan-president-530730?pfrom=home-topstories

"Rajinikanth's decision to give the event a miss comes amid political protests in Tamil Nadu over the invitation to Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa. The 63-year-old actor has, however, said he will be in Hyderabad on a film shoot."

If he had an ounce of integrity, he would state at least the purported reason, viz, his moral outrage at inviting an alleged mass murderer of tamils to the coronation ceremony. Obviously he can't state the real reason which is....Koch. But note he fights shy of giving even the ostensible reason. Because then he might fall out of favour with Modi and who knows when he might need to pull some strings there. And even if he didn't really care about Ilangai tamils (which might well be the case), he can't afford to attend a function which Jaya is boycotting as that would entail the very serious danger of getting into her bad books. The man exists to look after his own interests, period. Not unlike VM for example. Not that I have anything against that per-se, but I despise the fact that so many cretins continue to think of him as some unimpeachable do-gooder. 

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  counterpoint Mon May 26, 2014 10:29 am

I actually thought that since Kochadaiyaan got released successfully Rajni might take the calculated risk to attend Modi's ceremony. But then Amma's risk>Modi's risk for him or so it looks like. Ah, the plight of our superstars, who have to kiss a different butt every 5 years(and Madam's is an all-pervading one in that sense)

counterpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue May 27, 2014 8:29 am

I actually thought that since Kochadaiyaan got released successfully Rajni might take the calculated risk to attend Modi's ceremony. But then Amma's risk>Modi's risk for him or so it looks like
why would he risk it? given all his financials were on the line.
has anyone in this phorum conjured up the courage to watch the movie?
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:03 am

Wifey, hardcore Rajini fan...still wishy washy...."I want to see real Appa (her appa is Rajini)...not in pixel"...and my three year old seem to agree by not responding. Before the flick vanishes of our theatres...maybe....maybe.....

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one." - Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood in Dead Pool)
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:23 pm

Looks like the only 2 in the industry with some spine and sensibility are raaja and ajith for giving that horrendous vijay awards function a miss.Rajini would defly come to the fu ction for sound's sake next year 4 sure..heard from my FIL about some great rajini stories from the past.pullaikuttingalukkaaga manushan evlo thannai thaechchikka vendi irukku..hmmm.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:33 pm

jaiganesh wrote: raaja
The rate in which people around him are pushing him to stoop down (e.g. to attend akila-ulaga-rasigar-manRa meeting etc), the day may not be too far when he lands in vijay tv studio for a super singer program
Embarassed

Hope it does not happen Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 pm

app_engine wrote:
jaiganesh wrote: raaja
The rate in which people around him are pushing him to stoop down (e.g. to attend akila-ulaga-rasigar-manRa meeting etc), the day may not be too far when he lands in vijay tv studio for a super singer program
Embarassed

Hope it does not happen Embarassed

he will pass through this one also.. lets wait and watch...

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:14 pm

Kamal's birthday. Some sort of instinct made me put this song in Facebook:

groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next