Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

+38
counterpoint
krraju82
rajaclan
baroque
Shank
crimson king
MH
Drunkenmunk
irir123
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
D22_Malar
vicks
fring151
Punnaimaran
endrum_raja
Usha
raghav316
kamalaakarsh
rajkumarc
skr
writeface
Sakalakala Vallavar
groucho070
Wizzy
mythila
sagi
kiru
SenthilVinu
sheepChase
plum
Bala (Karthik)
Admin
Raaga_Suresh
app_engine
jaiganesh
V_S
kv
42 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1 - Page 32 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

Post  app_engine Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:24 pm

crimson king wrote:That - mass appreciation of class - is not unique to TN though personal tastes may differ on the matter.  

True, of course!

I'm only looking thru my limited knowledge / rAsA bias ("prism") Smile

Music is obviously a big ocean (for a tiny particle like me to chronicle about) Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1 - Page 32 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

Post  kiru Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:20 pm

app_engine wrote:Nerd,
That "ARR / Deva / HJ / Anirudh"s of music world treat people with catchy Coke/Pepsi is definitely not disputed.

Which is pretty much the "world standard" anyways...nothing surprising.

It's not often that a community can be built to mass-appreciate something unique and of real class i.e. anywhere in the world.

Per my prism of history, it only rarely happens Embarassed 

OTOH, at most places and most of the times majority go after popular stuff that gives quick-satisfaction / instant-pleasure etc., without finer appreciation or overall uplift of arts & tastes leading to developing distinct stuff.

We had such a rare thing happening w.r.t. TFM, right from 60's, as a special entity of distinct class / artistry in the entire music world (i.e. of the whole world). That IMHO was a new Taj Mahal in the making. Such building got a tremendous boost when rAsA the maestro got the patronage of the existing "kings" to thoroughly uplift the masses in art appreciation.

Alas, vested interests played spoilsport there (ARR etc are pawns in the whole game) to doom that unique structure which is now destined to be among every glassy building in every downtown of the world...lost treasure IMHO. (Of course, I'm greedy for fine music while otherwise a very contented simpleton who settled for a jettA in place of a ruined civic recently Smile )

Historically, I want to blame it on kings - especially when artists of class DID exist.

Which is why picking on KB-MR-AVM and such...

I agree completely with this assessment with quite a bit of sadness in my heart.. "(one) among every glassy building in every downtown of the world" .. very very nice analogy .. everything looks nice, clean, high-tech but no individual character. app .. you have outdone your writings with this characterization of our current film music..

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:21 pm

nanRi kiru sir, for your kind words!

For now, to stay +ve, we'll keep periodically adding to our account rare ones such as NEPV, mEghA Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:01 am

Wonderful post app ji :the clap:and I totally concur with every word of yours. As kiru says, one of your best writings. I also have the same concerns since last 20 years. We have a rarest breed of human with gifted artistic skills like no other, still we fail to understand him even in our own state, leave alone the country and world. I am imagining, how much treasures we would have got by now if the situation would have remained same and not degraded like now.

Back to top Go down

Post  baroque Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:36 am

yeah...App_eng, fantastic post expressing your true feeling. Smile 
But I am not sad about it. May be little self-sufficient & realizing the reality, times have changed, I  crawl back to my beloved treasure trove.Very Happy
baroque
baroque

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:40 pm

mikka nanRi V_Sji & baroque!

As I continue to recover from the multiple shocks of last week (3 deaths, 2 hospitalizations, 1 accident of near / dear ones), there may be some more pulambal posts Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:00 pm

oh. sorry  to hear app...........  Irandhanvaga aanma santhi adaiyatum...

hospitalization people.  seekiram gunam agatum........

accident.. so sad.. epadi irukanga........  Pray to God.........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:10 pm

app - thukkamenna thuyaramenna ivar--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxqYneEqY0Q kitta sollu sollu

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:37 pm

app_engine wrote:mikka nanRi V_Sji & baroque!

As I continue to recover from the multiple shocks of last week (3 deaths, 2 hospitalizations, 1 accident of near / dear ones), there may be some more pulambal posts Embarassed
Very sorry to hear that.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:51 pm

App ji,
Very sorry to hear the sad news. As we chatted about it last week, I understand it is very difficult to come over it, but that's where our Maestro can help you bring out of deep sorrow and solace you like no other. Please take care.

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:36 pm

App boss, easy to say be strong. Adikkadi ingga vAngga, EthAchum post pannungga, manasukku Etho konjam AruthalA irukkum...easy, mate.

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one." - Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood in Dead Pool)
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Sorry to hear that App. Take care. As others have said, Raja's music will be a great healer and do continue with your wonderful posts in this forum.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:42 pm

nanRi V_Sji, groucho & rajkumarc!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:46 pm

App, really sorry to hear this.  Sad

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:25 pm

nanRi fring151 for the kind words!

Obviously nothing can be done about the deaths and mourning takes its time...all in one week was overwhelming.

...One thing +ve this week is appA got discharged from hospital and feels much better now.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  baroque Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:02 am

Sorry, App_eng! Take care..
baroque
baroque

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:07 am

nanRi baroque!

This morning 'cheeni kum hai' song was playing in the car and it was funny to see the 7 yr old happily singing along (she typically wants some latest-TFM-noise, glad this one resonates with her) Smile

Then I posted that twitter comment :

@shreyaghoshal singing in "Nellai Thamizh" :
தேக்கு லே, தேக்கு லே Laughing
#cheenikum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGG8ObpHEow …

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  baroque Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:00 am

inba is you, app_eng!   Smile

Disco Karaharapriya from early yrs Ilayaraja!

baroque
baroque

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:06 am

App 
May God give you strength

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Bala (Karthik) wrote:App 
May God give you strength

nanRi, Bala(Karthik) sir!

Gradually coming out of blues...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Appji very sorry to hear this. May Raaja be with you Very Happy

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:00 pm

nanRi Nerd sir!

ஊருல இருந்தா, கூட்டமாப்போயி ஒன்னோ ரெண்டோ நாள்ல புலம்பித்தீர்ப்போம்.

இப்போ நாள் கணக்கா போன் புலம்பல்கள் மூலம் வண்டி ஓடுது...

Of course, music is a major balm...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:34 pm

app_engine wrote:mikka nanRi V_Sji & baroque!

Not been a regular visitor here. Didn't know about this. Hope things are slowly getting better. Very sorry to hear this.

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:12 pm

En vaanilae orae vennila.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27WmXqtvtV0

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:32 pm

Raaga_Suresh wrote: Hope things are slowly getting better. Very sorry to hear this.

nanRi Sureshji, for the kind words!

Please also check my PM!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next