Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

+38
counterpoint
krraju82
rajaclan
baroque
Shank
crimson king
MH
Drunkenmunk
irir123
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
D22_Malar
vicks
fring151
Punnaimaran
endrum_raja
Usha
raghav316
kamalaakarsh
rajkumarc
skr
writeface
Sakalakala Vallavar
groucho070
Wizzy
mythila
sagi
kiru
SenthilVinu
sheepChase
plum
Bala (Karthik)
Admin
Raaga_Suresh
app_engine
jaiganesh
V_S
kv
42 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

Post  V_S Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:54 am

plum wrote:
I used to think Rahman gets appreciated for exactly what he is - but looks like he is also saddled with fans who have no idea of what he is but appreciate him for political reasons(VM-ku vaazhvu koduththar ivaru namma deivampA, Rajavai commercialA azhichAr ivaru namma deivampA).
plum, Wonderfully put! There is a subtle (but sea of) difference between blind following and hard-core following which is the reason for all this. Both are mutually exclusive! Smile
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

Post  Wizzy Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:43 am

V_S wrote:
plum wrote:
I used to think Rahman gets appreciated for exactly what he is - but looks like he is also saddled with fans who have no idea of what he is but appreciate him for political reasons(VM-ku vaazhvu koduththar ivaru namma deivampA, Rajavai commercialA azhichAr ivaru namma deivampA).
plum, Wonderfully put! There is a subtle (but sea of) difference between blind following and hard-core following which is the reason for all this. Both are mutually exclusive! Smile

tad perturbed by VM/AR fans brotherhood in scratching each other's back given VM/AR history, they weren't even on speaking terms briefly after KK audio launch where VM quipped that his lyrics couldn't breathe in these days of electronic music. After that incident AR hasn't worked much with him other than being forced to (Mani Saar/Sangar ventures) even for BR's KKS he opted for bunch of newbies and VM as he always does took cheap shots @ AR during Majnu audio launch.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:57 am

Listening to "Ayyayo Anandhame" for the first time. Superb! continue-a kettutrukken
This is so Raaja-sh cheers

Last edited by Bala (Karthik) on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:58 am

Wizzy wrote: even for BR's KKS he opted for bunch of newbies and VM as he always does took cheap shots @ AR during Majnu audio launch.
What happened in the Majnu launch?

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:58 am

I've come to realize that Harichar > Karthik

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:05 am

Bala (Karthik) wrote:I've come to realize that Harichar > Karthik
athE. Saw him singing some TMS songs without mimicking voice. Totally bowled over.
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:49 am

Bala (Karthik) wrote:
Wizzy wrote: even for BR's KKS he opted for bunch of newbies and VM as he always does took cheap shots @ AR during Majnu audio launch.
What happened in the Majnu launch?

he went on a ego trip, stating how he had nudged powerful directors to cast AR to being left stranded and on how this movie(Majnu) will kick start a new phase in TFM and it will silence any storms that may come its way,have reasons to believe that this entire rant came about with him drunk so make out how you may Very Happy
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:14 pm

plum wrote:Meanwhile, note that Rahman fans are claiming - based on Agi Akilan's assertion - that no one has integrated music, lyrics and sandham like Rahman has lol!

Ignorance and false propogandakku oru aLavE illaiyA?

Having said that, without Kannadasan, it is hard to imagine MSV having such perfect compositions-vs-lyrics marriage. The thing with IR is he has educated himself on Tamil poetry, literature and grammar. MSV's is more of kELvi gnAnam with Kannadasan, Vaali.

indha nuance ellAm makkaLukku puriyaRadhE kedaiyAdhu...

arumayaana inference plum...

one hubber whom u don have good terms(u know who) with, who is a big fan of someone you dont like(VM) posts her individual opinion about ARR out of sheer love... and nobody even quoted that/responded to that... - and u speculate it as 'note that Rahman fans are claiming' and calling it a propaganda of rahman fans... and collective ignorance of rahman fans...

eeru to paen to perumalam...

enakku satthiyaama propaganda'na ennanu therila...

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:40 pm

SS - Note that I rebuke even IR fans for being just fans of his "melody". I am an extremist.

In this case, apdiyA patta sendiments generalA (tuyitterla kooda) express AgaRadhAla dhAn sonnEn. (andha hubber dhAn ulagamA? quite oddly, these days, nAnum tuyitter ground ellAm suthi pArthuttu dhAn irukkEn...)

Again, note that what I am saying is Rahmanukkum nuanced-A avarai purinjukittu pArAttaRa fans illai. This is in contradiction to my earlier belief(based on characters like Maddy) that he had fans who were in line with his "I will change the Dholak/Tabla model; I will bring in the western pop idiom" philosophy. Looks like those are the exceptions based on my recent samples of Rahman fans I have been seeing.

As for the Rahman Forum *there*, sorry to say, uruppadiyA Rahman isaiyai ArAindhu oru postum nAn pAkkaRadhillai - mostly political stuff dhAn. For example, Kadal pAttu MTV-la andhavuNE "Dei GAutam idhu dhAndA music"-nu commentu.

idhu enna? ungALu oscar awardE vAngittAru - oru Gautam Menon vaaila vadai suttadhukkE ivLo kaazhppu and waiting for first opportunity to say this.

This is the sort of appreciation comments I see for Rahman. Maybe I dont know where to look for nuanced appreciation of Rahman. Do you know where I can?

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:42 pm

"who is a big fan of someone you dont like(VM) posts her individual opinion about ARR out of sheer love."

Ha ha andha fan-ai mattum nambiRAdhInga. VM ennikku kazhandukittu pORARO, annikkE andha fan-ku RAhman will be over-the-hill.

Agenda-based-la andha hubber-ai adichukka AL kedayAdhu. veeNAga nambi EMARa vENAm avLo dhAN solluvEn.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:05 pm

plum..

orae oru fan sonnadha quote panni - adha rahman fans'nu generalise panni, avanga propaganda panranga'nu sonnadhaala adha suttikkaata vaendiya kattaayatthula post pannaen...

and i really wonder what made u say not that nambify that fan etc., i am a proud fan of arr and i respect my fellow fans as well... that does not mean i respect them unconditionally for all their deeds/beliefs... avlo kooda valaraama illai Smile

apram, i dont assume responsibility to speak for or defend all the postings there... oru forumnaa naalu peru naalu vidhamaa pesuvaanga... ellaarumae naama edhirpaakkura maadhiridhaan pesuvaanganu solla mudiyaadhu...

matthapadi... unga opinions... neenga thodarunga... enakku edhu yaetthukka mudiyidho adha edutthukkuraen... edhu edhukkalikkidhO adha iggi'draen... (yov... forum'naalae adhaanae yaa)

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:06 pm

plum wrote:Agenda-based-la andha hubber-ai adichukka AL kedayAdhu.

+1

'learning jaazAm, pAkkalAm enna latchaNam' was the comment prior to NEPV release.

After release? no mooch - i.e. until recently Laughing

Now agenda started with the S-E-L song for KH, as, 'the best of the year UNTIL NOW'Amam Laughing

(i.e. until ARR's kadal alai pushes them to the shore, VR is one life boat to hang on to...after that, SEL / KH will obviously be ditched)

BTW, I listened to that Shankar Mahadevan + Kamal song with a "Hindustani" touch. OK song but far from being an extraordinarily impressive one i.e. regardless of some interesting word play, musically just average.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:48 pm

SS - forumnAle adhaanE! avan karuthu solvAn nAn thittuven, nAn karutthu solvEn ninga thittunga.
dhArALamA thittalAm contradict paNNalAM. oru post kooda delete Agadhu. Preetikku nAn guarantee. IgnorelAm paNNa vENAm Smile

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:05 pm

2040 - forget hub - there was this super special episode in Super singer junior - ARR fans were assembled - some of them I know from
the early days of ARR fans yahoo group - all they had to say was - manushan romba humble - divine etc.,
sari saniyan poi tholayattum - Jaya TV special programme - celebrities vallunargaLs - what specifics we learnt from that show? Zilch, nada.
this is a malaise - faluda ice cream nalla irndhch, SUNTV thirai vimarisanam endingla audience coming out of the theatre solrappala - "sooper saar" - Dei naadhaari yaendaa sooper? adhai solleenda - no mooch - thalaivar romba simbil and humbil...
is raat ki koi subaah nahi..
me mudi pichchings.
but when it comes to drag raaja down - enna oru mudivoda varraingappa?

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:13 pm

App,
Yaaru sir avanga, naan konjam weak. Embarassed pm please Smile
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:17 pm

yaenga... sariya vivarichu solla therila'nradhukkaaga avanga kanmooditthanamaa follow panraanganu sollida mudiyumaa... vaai pesa theriyaadhavanlaam music lover'a irukka koodaadha...

evlavo directors, actors, singers, musicians pakkam pakkamaa paesirukkaanga... why they like, whats special'nu... engal'la patthu peru patthu patthu point music'a alasi aarainju eludhuvaainga... ungal'la orutthanaavadhu music'a alasi eludhuvaana'nu kaetta enna parnadhu?? idhellaam oru panjaayatthu point'aave enakku padalai...

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:45 pm

2040 wrote:yaenga... sariya vivarichu solla therila'nradhukkaaga avanga kanmooditthanamaa follow panraanganu sollida mudiyumaa... vaai pesa theriyaadhavanlaam music lover'a irukka koodaadha...
SS,
We should not take it like that. Every one can write, I am certain of that. There are no exceptions. PERIOD. Especially if they are revolving around this internet world, I cannot accept they could not express themselves. If a composer has given you a whole new life and great moments, what stops you in giving him a small credit of appreciation by writing something in detail what you like, instead of issuing one-liners? Is he not worth it? So you (mean not you) just listen music for entertainment and to kill the time? We see great enthusiasm whenever any new album is released and then die out waiting for his next. Why? Many I see don't have any patience/passion to write about the music they like/love, more than their in-expressiveness.

V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:26 pm

SS - informed appreciationkum ordinary "only fossible"-kum vidhyAsam irukku illaiyA?

Only fossible-nu solRachEvE En eppidinu sollaNumla?

Take this - "Nobody but ARR can integrate lyrics and music". Claim.

idhaiyE nAn claim paNNinA examplesOda, epdi integrate Achunnu solluvEn. verumnE claim paNNinA adhukku enna validity?

Vijay padam pArthuttu thalaivar supernu solRadhukkum indha mAdhiri appreciationkum enna difference sollunga?

And again, this is not an issue if you don't want to make emphatic claims(like that hubber). Emphatic claim paNdrachE backup paNNinA dhAn mariyAdhai kedaikkum

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:28 pm

idhE hubber dhAn Gounder Vulgar, Vivek decent apdinnu oru humour discussion pOttuttu, adhukku P_R 2 pakkam oru thesis ezhudhi prove paNNappuRam "be that as it may, gounder is vulgar, vivek is decent" apdinnu post pOttavanga.

I hate such intellectual dishonesty.

ivangaLai ellAm solla pOi rahman fans-nu generalise paNNi ungaLayum point paNdrA mAdhiri AgidudhungaRadhu vERa vishayam Smile

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Sorry, plum's last posts and the "logic of claiming without substantial evidence" about made me go to this site again. Smile
http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.com/search/label/ellam%20therinja%20ekambaram
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:18 pm

2040 wrote:yaenga... sariya vivarichu solla therila'nradhukkaaga avanga kanmooditthanamaa follow panraanganu sollida mudiyumaa... vaai pesa theriyaadhavanlaam music lover'a irukka koodaadha...

evlavo directors, actors, singers, musicians pakkam pakkamaa paesirukkaanga... why they like, whats special'nu... engal'la patthu peru patthu patthu point music'a alasi aarainju eludhuvaainga... ungal'la orutthanaavadhu music'a alasi eludhuvaana'nu kaetta enna parnadhu?? idhellaam oru panjaayatthu point'aave enakku padalai...

i disagree.. i would quote honest as example.
when he stands up for vijay kanth - many ppl initially said meh - but see how he has built up an appreciation thread for vijaykanth. It is frank and in some cases it is detailed - it paves way for Raaja fans to weave in and write something - it is wholesome - it is not bashing anyone else unnecessarily. I can say that by doing that Honest has become a better communicator - he didnt shirk saying 'naan sollalainna solradhukku onnum illaingaradhillai'. this lazy oor thinnaila okkandhu vambadikkara intellectual laziness of those characters sucks.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:19 pm

makkals...

ungalOda points puriyudhu... but yaen enkita solringanu dhaan puriyala...

its not like none of the fans speak musically... many write... express... short or long... as much as they feel like... neenga edutthukkitta samples'la adhigappadiyaa illai maybe... or comparably... idhukkellaam naan ennanu badhil solradhu... eludhuradhulaam thaanaa varanum... varravanga eludhuvaanga...

arogyamaana/constructive'aana vivaadham varanumnu nallennatthula sorlinga... adhellam sutthamaavae nadakkaama illai... ippo viduvom... remba ilukkurOm...

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:15 am

jaiganesh wrote:
i disagree.. i would quote honest as example.
when he stands up for vijay kanth - many ppl initially said meh - but see how he has built up an appreciation thread for vijaykanth. It is frank and in some cases it is detailed - it paves way for Raaja fans to weave in and write something - it is wholesome - it is not bashing anyone else unnecessarily. I can say that by doing that Honest has become a better communicator - he didnt shirk saying 'naan sollalainna solradhukku onnum illaingaradhillai'. this lazy oor thinnaila okkandhu vambadikkara intellectual laziness of those characters sucks.
Good point. How he turned people like me who, not only never bothered with Captain, but have been critical of him (dishonestly that is, for not having property watched Captain films at that point), into someone who managed to appreciate some elements of Captain's performance, thanks largely to Honest. He really lived up to his username.
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:55 pm

i agree...

honest was a one man army in promoting VK... single handedly... Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1 - Page 4 Notworthy

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:57 am

We are listening to various kinds of music daily, albums and songs are releasing daily. As Maestro says, music directors need not meet, they have to question and answer through their music. To me, I am still searching for answers to this wonderful piece of music all around. I have never been so moved listening to any piece of music as this one. With visuals it multiplies a lot. Maestro has used just one line of Sri Rama Lera (dheeramathiyai nyaaya pathiyai yelu raghupathiyai) and built this whole theme of 1:30 minute piece of music. If you find answers to this one, please let me know. I bet you can't.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/9/16/3348123/07-Ramas%20Last%20Glance.mp3

I have written in little detail about it here. I was reading my post today as suddenly this music struck me. When I read the last paragraph, without my knowledge, I could not control myself. I am posting it not to boast, only to share that precious moment with you all.
http://maestroworld.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/sri-rama-rajyam-ramas-last-glance/

Please don't miss watching the visuals as you hear the music. My night will be spent with this score and Sri Rama Lera (also included in that post). We may vanish, earth may vanish still the soul in that song (which is that 1:30 minute score) will sound as long as the last bit of ether is present.
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next