Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

+33
kameshratnam
soco_sri
mythila
crimson king
Wizzy
Shank
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
Sakalakala Vallavar
Manoj Raj
Kr
d22_malarr
ank
kamalaakarsh
irfan123
இசை
AbhiMusiq
vicks
panniapurathar
irir123
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
groucho070
prakash
V_S
plum
writeface
sagi
fring151
Raaga_Suresh
counterpoint
Balu
kiru
vaticanscientist
37 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 14 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

Post  app_engine Fri May 01, 2015 8:11 pm

ArAdhanai songs featured in the indhu paper series

ஒரு குங்குமச் செங்கமலம் & இளம்பனித்துளி விழும் நேரம்

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 14 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

Post  app_engine Fri May 01, 2015 8:14 pm

app_engine wrote: ArAdhanai songs featured in the indhu paper series

ஒரு குங்குமச் செங்கமலம் & இளம்பனித்துளி விழும் நேரம்

BTW, my post on both these songs in the VM thread a couple of years back:
https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t96p45-ilayaraja-vairamuthu-combo-checks-balances-last-entry-198-198#6765

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sat May 02, 2015 4:21 am

app_engine wrote: Kamesh sir's tweet

ஒய்ஜிஎம் நாடகமெல்லாம்...பேஷா, க்ஷேமமா இருங்கோ!
Chief guest dhAnE? nAn ennamO avar nAdagathukku isai nu nenachu bayandhuttEn,,,

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue May 05, 2015 8:28 pm

rAsA liked EdhO mOgam on screen it seems

1979-ல் ஆரம்பித்து 2001 வரைக்கும் லெனின் சார்கூட இருந்திருக்கேன். அவரைப்பத்தி நான் வாழ்க்கையில் நினைக்காத நாளே கிடையாது. கோழிகூவுது படத்தில் ஏதோ மோகம் ஏதோ தாகம் பாட்டு. லெனின் சார் என்னைப் பண்ணச் சொல்லிட்டுப் போயிட்டார். மாண்டேஜ் ஷாட்ஸ் நிறைந்த பாட்டு அது. அதை இளையராஜா சார் பார்த்துட்டு ரொம்ப நல்லா இருக்கேன்னு 
சொன்னார். லெனின் சார் உடனே சொன்னார்: அது விஜயன் பண்ணதுன்னு! இந்த மாதிரி நிறைய எனக்கு கிரெடிட் கொடுத்ததைச் சொல்லாம். 

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue May 05, 2015 8:44 pm

சான்ஸ் குடுங்க ராசா

You are doing playback for films. How do you choose a song? Is it the lyrics or the music director?

There are no standardised parameters. Besides, I have no compulsion to sing for films. If Ilayaraja were to ask me to sing for him, I would say yes instinctively because of the deep admiration I harbour for his genius and that is owing to the music he has created. Also when I am asked to sing a film song, I would like to believe that the composer knows why it is being offered to me. I usually request the composer to send the track before saying yes or no. My debut as a playback singer happened in a very important film called Water, directed by Deepa Mehta. I sang Vaishnava Jana Toh with my father, Pt. Ajoy Chakraborty. I was 20 then. Recently, I sang for Madhuri Dixit in Soumik Sen's Gulaab Gang. Besides Bengali, I have also done playback in three Tamil films.

However, I must concede that I am extremely choosy about lyrics — I once even asked a composer to change the first line of the antara because I was not comfortable uttering a particular word. My parameters are stringent.

இசையில் தொடங்குதம்மா Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed May 06, 2015 5:30 pm

rAsA is officially on twitter (possibly managed by some PRO people):

https://twitter.com/ilaiyaraaja

Followed this handle for kadamai's sake, though not expecting any great thing to happen Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Wed May 06, 2015 8:48 pm

EdhO mogamA? App, have you seen? enna solla silarukku siladhu sila nErathula pudichirukku avLo dhAn

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu May 07, 2015 11:18 pm

Singer Karthik has made rAjA as rAjAji Laughing 

you learn humbleness from Rahman Sir and discipline from Ilayarajaji

rotfl

ஆக, இவங்க கிட்டயெல்லாம் சங்கீதம் படிக்க முடியாதுன்னு சொல்ல வரார்...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri May 08, 2015 11:37 pm

இந்த லிஸ்ட்டுல ராசாவும்

"So many popular names from India, such as Ashok Amritraj, Vijay Amritraj, Bombay Jayashree, AR Rahman and Ilayaraja, are from Tamil Nadu. So it becomes imperative that we focus on our scripts and screenplays and constantly make them better, because the world is watching us. Most importantly, the Indian Diaspora - be it anywhere - has cinema engrained in it. Our living rooms and our days are incomplete without the television and movies," she says.

confused

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri May 08, 2015 11:47 pm

rAsA appreciated Sathya's BGM it seems

Happened to see a recent "sun singer" episode and this fellow claimed people will take lessons from the tik-tik-tik song 'nEtRu indha nEram' even after 100 years...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgDsvcR8NOE&t=1840s

இன்ன ஒரு நூறு வருஷம் தாண்டினாக்கூட...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri May 08, 2015 11:57 pm

indhu paper third installment

This time EVK Smile

படிக்க சுவாரஸ்யமா இருக்கோ இல்லையோ, எழுதுறது நம்மள்ள ஒரு ஆள் என்பதில் கொஞ்சமும் சந்தேகமேயில்லை :-)

முதல் பாகம்  : எனக்காகக்காத்திரு

ரெண்டாவது :  ஆராதனை 

& இப்போ ஈரவிழிக்காவியங்கள்!

வாழ்க!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat May 09, 2015 10:42 am

From Guitar Prasanna...... Ilaiya nila.. rehearsal.

https://www.facebook.com/7536103955/videos/vb.7536103955/10153194437328956/?type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/7536103955/videos/vb.7536103955/10153194388543956/?type=1&theater

Prasanna kuda irukum Ramesh Ramanathan... ennoda mama paiyan.......... Smile

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun May 10, 2015 4:26 pm

Usha wrote:From Guitar Prasanna...... Ilaiya nila.. rehearsal.

https://www.facebook.com/7536103955/videos/vb.7536103955/10153194437328956/?type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/7536103955/videos/vb.7536103955/10153194388543956/?type=1&theater

Prasanna kuda irukum Ramesh Ramanathan... ennoda mama paiyan.......... Smile

nanRi UshakkA, this is a nice share!

Smile

BTW, there's a report on The Hindu about a FM channel program on rAsA :
http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/salute-to-ilaiyaraaja/article7188356.ece

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue May 12, 2015 1:13 am

Just for Info

Further, scores of Tamil cinema industry professionals including musician Ilayaraja, actors Vijayashanthi and Prabhu and danseuse Padma Subramaniam among others extended their greetings to Jayalalithaa, the release said.

கவனிக்க வேண்டிய ஒன்று...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed May 13, 2015 8:02 pm

nostalgia of a person in huffington post

First the Inspiration

A few nights ago, I was nostalgic for some music from my younger years. On YouTube, I clicked a button and let the music fill the room. It brought back memories. I was at my grandparents home in a village on the banks of the river Cauvery, in the deep south of India. My grandparents had this gigantic swing, right inside the house. It was one of my favorite spots, with a gripping rope hanging from a sturdy beam. Pulling the rope, gave me propulsion like no other. I was having a ride of my life. In the background, my uncle was excited; he had purchased a new music cassette. He unwrapped it and loaded it in a tape recorder. It was an instrumental piece. The music permeated the room. I remember to this day, I stopped in my tracks, soaked in the music and slowly got back into the rhythm of the ride. Once the cassette rolled, I got up to check the name on the cover. It read, "How to name it?" by Ilaiyaraja.

Great music stirs even the hardest souls, the soothing bliss transcends man made boundaries. How to name it inspired me to think about how to say it. Can there be an elevation of conversations to stratospheric levels, just by the choice of words and how we say it? Here are some snippets from my journey, as a dad, at work and in life.

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri May 15, 2015 5:01 pm

IR and debut directors

தற்போதைய புதுமுக இயக்குனர்கள் இளையராஜாவை தங்கள் படங்களுக்கு இசையமைக்க வைக்க ஆசைப்பட்டாலும், ரொம்ப பெரிய இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜா. அவரிடம் எப்படி நாம் வேலை வாங்க முடியும் என்று பயந்து மற்ற இசையமைப்பாளர்களிடம் செல்கிறார்கள்.

அதேசமயம், தைரியமாக இளையராஜாவிடம் இசையமைக்க செல்பவர்கள், அவரிடம் சென்றதும் அவர் ஒரு டியூனை போட்டுக்காட்டியதும், அந்த டியூன் ஒருவேளை தங்களுக்கு பிடிக்கவில்லை என்றால் அதை இளையராஜாவிடம் சொல்ல முடியாமல் தடுமாறுகிறார்களாம்.

ஆனபோதும், அவர்களின் தடுமாற்றத்தை புரிந்து கொள்ளும் இளையராஜா, அதை காட்டிக்கொள்ளாமல், சரி வேற டியூன் போடுறேன் கேளுங்க என்று வெவ்வேறு டியூன்களை சரமாரியாக போட்டுக்காட்டுகிறாராம். இப்படியாக அவர்களின் கண்களில் திருப்தி தெரியும் வரை டியூன்களை போட்டுக்கொண்டேயிருக்கிறாராம்.

இளையராஜாவின் இந்த மனநிலையை அவரிடம் இசையமைக்க சென்று விட்டு திரும்பிய புதுமுக இயக்குனர்கள் வெளியில் வந்து அவரை பெருமையாக சொல்கிறார்கள். அதோடு, நாம் நினைத்த மாதிரி இல்லை இளையராஜா. ரொம்ப பெரிய ஆளாக இருந்தாலும், எளிமையாக, இனிமையாக பழகுகிறார். குறிப்பாக, டியூன் விசயத்தில் அவர் காம்பரமைஸ் ஆவதே இல்லை. நம்முடைய திருப்தியை மனதில் கொண்டே செயல்படுகிறார் என்கிறார்கள்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri May 15, 2015 5:25 pm

indhu pAper series part 4 (looks like it's a regular Friday column now)

உனக்கெனத்தானே இந்நேரமா - ஷைலஜான்னு சொல்லி சரளா பேரை விட்டுட்டாங்க.

கொஞ்சம் அபூர்வமான பாடகி என்ற விதத்தில் சொல்லி இருந்தால் நன்றாக இருந்திருக்கும்.

ஆளு நம்ம ஆள் தான், ஆனா நம்ம ஃ பாரம் / இழைகள் எல்லாம் படித்துப் பக்குவப்பட்டவர் அல்ல என்று நினைக்கிறேன் :-)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Fri May 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Thank you app for sharing that FM tribute to IR from "The Hindu". MD Bharadwaj's choice of "ennadi meenakshi" and KV.Anand's choice of "naanE naanA" are unexpected and surprising. Though narcissistic, Gautam menon's selection of "kaatrai konjam" also resonates with mine from NEPV Smile

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon May 18, 2015 6:57 am

endertainment'ukku - this post and some follow-up vAndhi by a NTF

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon May 18, 2015 8:40 am

app_engine wrote: endertainment'ukku - this post and some follow-up vAndhi by a NTF

Laughing
lol! Are they for real?!
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon May 18, 2015 4:29 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:
app_engine wrote: endertainment'ukku - this post and some follow-up vAndhi by a NTF

Laughing
lol! Are they for real?!

அதுக்கும் மேலே சார், அங்க அட்மின் ஆளே அப்படியெல்லாம் பேசப்போய் தானே நம்ம ஃபாரமே உருவாக வேண்டி வந்தது!

இணையம் முழுக்க இப்படி நிறைய மனப்பிறழ்வுக்கூட்டங்கள் இருக்கின்றன!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Mon May 18, 2015 6:01 pm

Laughing But really 'surprised' to Venkkiram saar defending those. Is this my memory or wasn't he really hypercritical of Raaja before? Saying Raaja / Raghu same same, I am good music lover, Raaja fans always going overboard with praises, I always support underdog etc.?

But if its just a case of 'நான் கரையேறிட்டேன்', I am happy.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon May 18, 2015 7:19 pm

Nerd wrote:Laughing But really 'surprised' to Venkkiram saar defending those. 

I think Venkkiram sir is the main vakkeel for IR there in recent years, as per my sampling that happens once in a while Smile

Even in earlier days, I don't remember him being very critical of rAsA (except once I took offence when he said both IR & VM had same veechchu / reechchu in TN - but I don't think his VM-adulation is at the same level as of that time, if one goes by his tweets in general).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon May 18, 2015 7:37 pm

இசையை ரசிக்க மொழி ஒரு தடை அல்ல

Ilaiyaraja’s tunes

At the mention of music and Tamil, I get reminded of Ilaiyaraja. I can’t pronounce the lyrics, but I can still keep humming the tunes of his songs that I have on my phone. In Pani Vizhum Malarvanam (she checks her phone to get the words right), he has used the notes so well that it appeals to foreign musicians as well. I think he is amazing!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed May 20, 2015 6:36 pm

LOL stuff

Flight goes faster it seems Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next