Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

+33
kameshratnam
soco_sri
mythila
crimson king
Wizzy
Shank
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
Sakalakala Vallavar
Manoj Raj
Kr
d22_malarr
ank
kamalaakarsh
irfan123
இசை
AbhiMusiq
vicks
panniapurathar
irir123
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
groucho070
prakash
V_S
plum
writeface
sagi
fring151
Raaga_Suresh
counterpoint
Balu
kiru
vaticanscientist
37 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 40 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

Post  crimson king Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:14 pm

app_engine wrote:Link shared by @jvazhkudai (Jai Ganesh) in twitter:

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/cinema/film-music-reinvention-of-the-classical

T M Krishna wrote:
The sound of Ilayaraja’s music has played a major role in erasing his caste identity from social consciousness

Shocked

rotfl

And with that, TMK brings deconstruction, a deeply Western (and imo deeply destructive) concept to Indian music critique.  There are hundreds of example from not only IR's music but from HFM that I could cite to dispute his thesis.  Saawan ka Mahina or Jhumka Gira Re are classics just as much as Tu Jaha Jaha Chalega; who is TMK to say they are not? I listen to Hindi retro radio almost on a daily basis and have heard the first two songs referred to as classics frequently.  While I am all for subjectivity in music discussions, what is or isn't a classic is a relatively objective notion and if podhu makkal accept it as such, it is not for one individual, however learned he may be, to blindly ignore it so that he may form a thesis that agrees with his own conclusions.

And when this theory is stretched to encompass Nadeem Shravan in the definition of melody, it loses relevance because Nadeem Shravan never aspired for the rarefied classical heights in any case and clearly appealed to the LCD.   LCD to be clear only refers to the level of appreciation of the music; I grew up in urban middle class environs only and knew many who liked Nadeem and Anu Malik's mediocre hits at the time and who would probably regard it nostalgically as a better time for music.  I posit that there may not be a similar wave of nostalgia for the SEL/Vishal Shekar mould in Hindi or HJ in Tamil because there haven't really been new developments since then and the somewhat anglicised tone in our film music which was brought in by these MDs (or in furtherance of trends introduced by Rahman) has remained. In other words, a clean break from the earthiness (albeit a mediocre earthiness) of Nadeem/Deva which represented the last tenuous links to film music traditions.

I would be happy if concepts like deconstruction, critical theory or feminism (as per the full connotation of the term and not gender equality against which no right thinking person would have an objection) are restricted to the lib arts academia in India.  A developing nation with the world's largest congregation of the poor does not need social breakdown.  We have already had it once in Bengal and the experiment doesn't need to be spread to other parts of the nation. If I seem to rant on, it's because TMK's article is but a new wrinkle in a trend of importing these radical left concepts into India (see My Choice or I was raped videos for more examples of this trend). Preparing new frontiers perhaps in anticipation of a possible backlash in USA where these concepts have reached more 'advanced' levels...

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 40 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

Post  Usha Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:51 pm

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp5mtt

unmai........ thandam endru kuda solla kudadhu. namakku rasika mudiyalai. or rasika theriyalai....... or pidikalai. means.. andha frequency il
nam manasu ilai......

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:18 pm

V_S wrote:
Usha wrote:Evening Kaapi with Ilaiyaraaja  from violin vicky........

endha paatunu theriyalaiyae enaku...... Embarassed  Rolling Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSnqSnSishs

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0ERzxBw4ABM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for the link V_S. indha paatu kaetadhu ilai..  varanam ayiram from Keladi kanmani.

ana unga link.. anniki work achu. inniki vera madhiiri link aga iruku.. epadi parkanam.....

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:13 pm

Usha ji
here is the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ERzxBw4ABM

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:15 pm

And as usual another மண்ணாங்கட்டி article from TMK. It is better he continues his singing. This திடீர் over enthu அவர் உடம்புக்கும் நல்லதில்லை நம் உடம்புக்கும் நல்லதில்லை.

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:06 pm

V_S wrote:And as usual another மண்ணாங்கட்டி article from TMK. It is better he continues his singing. This திடீர் over enthu அவர் உடம்புக்கும் நல்லதில்லை நம் உடம்புக்கும் நல்லதில்லை.

His obsession with IR suggests that he is jealous of IR's talent for whatever reason.  Trying his best to disguise this with intellectual pyrotechnics but that's what it boils down to.  I am glad that IR had/has a much more holistic vision of music reaching far beyond TMK's narrow caste/class concerns.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:09 am

This is a highly mischievous and divisive article. These are the kind of people who give fodder to the fake "protectors of the oppressed" and their corrupt politics. IR has united people with his music and here this person comes dividing and analyzing people on caste lines. How more narrow-minded can one get ? Pathetic. V_S's denouncements are appropriate.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:06 am

kiru wrote: How more narrow-minded can one get ? Pathetic. V_S's denouncements are appropriate.

அட என்ன சார் நீங்க, "emergent leadership" அப்படீன்னு இவர்க்கு Magsaysay  விருது கொடுத்திருக்காங்க:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ramon_Magsaysay_Award_winners

Wink

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:22 am

app_engine wrote:
kiru wrote: How more narrow-minded can one get ? Pathetic. V_S's denouncements are appropriate.

அட என்ன சார் நீங்க, "emergent leadership" அப்படீன்னு இவர்க்கு Magsaysay  விருது கொடுத்திருக்காங்க:

Wink

Smile
I am dumbfounded and really disappointed that casteism is so deep rooted in our society, that it even afflicts the educated and the accomplished. America abolished the slavery and prospered. We never really got rid of the castes and still continue to suffer gently below the surface.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:47 pm

kiru wrote:
app_engine wrote:

Wink

Smile
I am dumbfounded and really disappointed that casteism is so deep rooted in our society, that it even afflicts the educated and the accomplished. America abolished the slavery and prospered. We never really got rid of the castes and still continue to suffer gently below the surface.

More than gently.  Soon after a news report highlighted how temples in Gujarat do not allow Dalits to enter, I spoke to Maharashtrian colleagues who have a base in rural Maharashtra and they said the situation is the same in Maharashtra.  If this is the state of affairs in the land of Ambedkar, it really is an indictment of our political class.  Today there are several leading politicians from the backward classes so what stops them from abolishing caste discrimination once and for all, in fact abolishing caste?  I originally used to write my name as first name followed by father's name but was forced to mention my caste as surname in the absence of any family name.  Why do we insist on surname?  Why do I need to know if the person I am talking to is a Yadav, Thakur, Patel or Chettiar?  Even these simple steps won't be taken by govt because politicians want to tap into caste politics for votes.  And then TMK has the temerity to taint IR's intentions with the colour of caste.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:43 pm

vElaikkAran songs were composed with KB and not SPM around, as per this account.

வா வா வா வா கண்ணா வா 
தா தா தா தா கவிதை தா 

Embarassed

(Me not a fan of such "repeat-the-word-to-fit-the-meter" business)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:15 pm

SPM carefully avoids controversy as to why IR wasn't part of "manidhan"

எங்களது பெரும்பாலான படங்களுக்கு இசையமைத்தவர் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா. இந்தப்படத்தில் இசையமைப்பாளர் சந்திரபோஸ் இணைந்தார். இனிமையாக இசையமைத்தார். 

This must have something to do with AVM fellows. That was in 1987.

I'm not sure what were the movies IR did for AVM thereafter...(one movie was 'ejamAn' in the 90's but did IR get to do any other movies for AVM in late 80's, after they gave "IR's room" in their studio to Chandrabose?)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  ank Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:51 pm

app_engine wrote: SPM carefully avoids controversy as to why IR wasn't part of "manidhan"

எங்களது பெரும்பாலான படங்களுக்கு இசையமைத்தவர் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா. இந்தப்படத்தில் இசையமைப்பாளர் சந்திரபோஸ் இணைந்தார். இனிமையாக இசையமைத்தார். 

This must have something to do with AVM fellows. That was in 1987.

I'm not sure what were the movies IR did for AVM thereafter...(one movie was 'ejamAn' in the 90's but did IR get to do any other movies for AVM in late 80's, after they gave "IR's room" in their studio to Chandrabose?)

In the mid 80s IR and AVM out regarding who owns the copyright for the albums - the production company vs music director. IR was the first one to have challenged the status quo.

ank

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:36 pm

Mavelikkara Rajesh

A huge “bhakthan” of music composer Ilayaraja, Rajesh, an A-top grade staff artiste of All India Radio, Thiruvananthapuram, who has accompanied various Carnatic greats such as Parasala Ponnammal, Madurai T.N. Seshagopalan, K.J. Yesudas, N. Ramani and Neyyattinkara Vasudevan, says it was the maestro’s music that inspired him to try his hand at music composing. “I don’t know any form of vocal music. I didn’t know the ABC of Western music or how to play the keyboard, yet I bought myself one. I started playing it by ear.”

When he decided to build a house in Thirumala, he asked the architect to design a music room for him on the first floor of his residence, far from the hub of the house. The room is spacious and well ventilated. The room is a laboratory for his experiments with music. A computer table holds his computer and speakers. There is a microphone on its stand and a pedestal fan beside the table. A clock and a few photo frames adorn the walls. He points to a photo on a wall. “Lyricist R.K. Damodaran knows I am a fan of Illayaraja and invited me to the recording of Siddique’s Friends in Chennai. That picture of Illayaraja and I was taken then.”

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:49 pm

Ponnadiyar book release

IR on stage with scientist Mayilsamy...

மயில்சாமி அண்ணாதுரை பேசும்போது, ‘பாரதிதாசனின் மாணவரான கவிஞர் பொன்னடியாரை, தமிழ் மாணவனாக நான் வணங்குகிறேன். இயல், இசை, நாடகம் ஆகிய முத்தமிழுடன் தமிழை அடுத்த தலைமுறைக்கு கொண்டு செல்ல அறிவியல் தமிழ் அவசியம் என்பதை நான் தொடர்ந்து கூறி வருகிறேன். பாரதியார், பாரதிதாசன், பொன்னடியார் போன்றவர்களால் குப்பனும், சுப்பனும் மட்டுமின்றி, என்னை போன்ற விஞ்ஞானிகளும் கவிதை எழுத முடிகிறது’ என்றார்.

இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜா, குமரி அனந்தன் ஆகியோர் வாழ்த்தி பேசினர். கவிஞர் பொன்னடியார் ஏற்புரை வழங்கினார்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:58 pm

vikatan article by @iparisal on KH singing

Lot of IR references, obviously Smile

இப்ப ரொம்பநாளைக்கப்பறம் ராஜாகூட கைகோர்த்திருக்கார் கமல். சப்பாணியா நடிச்ச படம் முதல் தொடங்கிய அவர்களின் பயணம், இந்த சபாஷ் நாயுடுல எப்படி இருக்கும்? அதுல கமல் எத்தனை பாட்டு பாடிருப்பார் என்று ஆவலோடு இருக்கிறேன். நிச்சயம் ஏமாற்ற மாட்டார்கள் இருவரும் என்று நினைக்கிறேன்.

-------

https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/viewtopic.forum?t=281

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40