Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

+28
BC
pgramss
sudhakarg
raagakann
Usha
kiru
kameshratnam
Shank
nanjilaan
Raaga_Suresh
jaiganesh
rajkumarc
kamalaakarsh
irfan123
irir123
rajaclan
Drunkenmunk
Wizzy
Hmm
crimson king
ravinat
IsaiRasigan
panniapurathar
V_S
mythila
ank
Sakalakala Vallavar
app_engine
32 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 Empty Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  app_engine Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:30 pm

SPB recommended MV for sevvanthippoo mudichcha sellakkA

I don’t fear competition. I was supposed to sing all the songs for 16 Vayathiniley (1977), but I wasn’t too well that year. I remember Bharathirajaa and Ilayaraja being livid with me but I asked Raja to use Malaysia Vasudevan for Sevvandhi Poomudicha Chinnakka — Vasu was a singer in my troupe then!

Last edited by app_engine on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:11 pm

http://contrarianworld.blogspot.in/2016/10/blog-post_23.html

who is this contrarian world ஜந்து?!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  app_engine Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:47 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:http://contrarianworld.blogspot.in/2016/10/blog-post_23.html

who is this contrarian world ஜந்து?!

Laughing
rotfl

Didn't even waste time to read this very long post, as he doesn't have much beyond a few repeated statements about IR and his fans. 

One needs to spend only a 5-10 second scroll of this nonsense to see that!

Anyways, if you had seen this other thread, I think I've included him in the "துஷ்.கண்.தூர.விலகு" list Smile

https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t248-topic

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:31 pm

எனக்கு நிறைய சொல்லணும்னு தோணுது. i mean, inspite of him and his writing are purely விஷத்தில் தோய்த்து எடுக்கப்பட்ட எழுத்து, or simply him and his thoughts itself are source of விஷம், i feel some points shall be considered to counter. but good one thing iam seeing is, he, is clearly pissed of about the popularity and success, raja's concerts are giving! he is hating the cheering crowd! LOL LOL
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  ank Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Irritating to read it....however, whoever the personality - be it Bharathi, Gandhi, Beethoven or even Sankarachariyars - there are always distractors who hate them and try to belittle them for whatever their personal reasons are.

I have come to realize that listening tastes in music are personal and for me Ilaiyaraaja's music is the one that stimulates me like no other music.   And if it comes to listening to someone's opinion, I would rather listen to TVG's opinion on IR who I think captured the essence of IR's music in that while many can compose in a raga, IR is the one who seems to have the knack of knowing and bringing out the jeevan in the raaga.  He says that he has studied the music of the last 200 years when he stated that.  

And listening to those people in those Manam interviews - the impact that IR has created is across a large number of people across various generations that has not been paralleled, despite attempts by these distractors to make comparisons with people who have contributed significantly less.

ank

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:38 am

That seems like a very personal/vicious attack on IR. I dont think that person has any tenderness/kindness in his heart. Even if you have listened to one song of IR and liked it, would it not be difficult to attack him like this ? But I dont think IR gives a damn.. he has been through all kinds of criticisms and attack and keeps doing his stuff. TN public are not just worshipping IR, they support all new MDs. IR has a durability/emotional impact if not the artistic value that even people in different age groups respect him. The author of this article is a self-anointed intellectual who thinks IR fans are not knowledgeable. We have to let him wallow in his ignorance. (He even takes a dig at the NRIs - that they are where they are either by fate or skill.. this shows his life's achievements/successes :-) very sorry for him )

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:06 am

http://contrarianworld.blogspot.in/2016/10/blog-post_23.html

Not even one comments till now! இதுக்குப்பேர் தான் சைலெண்ட் செருப்படி!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:21 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:http://contrarianworld.blogspot.in/2016/10/blog-post_23.html

Suriyanai parthu Naay kuraitha kadhai.. idhu dhan...... idhai purindhu kolla arivu ilai avaruku................

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:56 pm

A couple of years back he chose to take this "shock-to-get-attention" thingy, calling HTNI-NBW as trash.

Well, IRFs did comment / respond and tried to engage in a dialog with him. It proved futile as the guy is with an attention-seeking agenda and not really interested in getting reasoned with.

From time to time, he keeps coming back with the EXACTLY SAME stuff. Well, even in his subsequent tries (should I say "repeat-tu"), he did get some attention.
(I remember Crimson King posting a lot of relevant stuff but that fellow wasn't interested in any such because that is not his purpose in life).

Looks like even that is gone now Laughing 

I'm happy that IRF's are coming of age - refusing to waste time with such fellows.

Let us focus our energy on appreciating what we're privileged to witness in our own lifetime!

IMHO, simply from a "human-achievement" point of view, the IR-phenomenon is nothing short of a miracle - something people get to read only in purANams and story books but never see in their own lifetime(s)!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:48 pm

Reading ank's observation on TVG remarking about IR's carnatic /classical prowess, I wish to share my rather funny experience on similar lines, but with an iR adversory and not an ally like TVG.
He is HMV Raghu or Raghunandhan,  a gentle old man in his 70's , a failed film music director who moved to semi classical devotional composition as films did not work for him. I happened to meet him at a marriage reception of a relative. When the evening katcheri was going on, my relative introduced Raghu sir as a famous film music director, legendary recording engineer @HMV, music critic a la subbudu, with several classical compositions to his credit with likes of MSS, DKP, MLV, Sudha R, Bombay Jayashree singing for him. I shot him a straight question on what films he held the md baton. To my surprise, I noticed him reply in a very sheepish tone, a list of few obscure movies with Kanchi KamAtchi alone catching my attention. I exclaimed, "OMG!! I love particularly the VJ vocal gymnastics nunber in Kanchi K starting with "AAna... kAnA....". Now it was his turn to be surprised. He pulled his chair close to me and said "unakku andha sangeetha saraswathy kadaaksham konjam irukku. That is why indha pAttu gnyAbagam irukku." My next obvious question was why he did not grow as TFM MD even after an astonishing/amazing composition like the above mentioned. Heaving a sigh, his "enga, andha IR vandhu dhAn en pozhappa keduthuttAnE. Avan Arambathula romba bhavyamA dhAn irundhAn. AnA success changed him to agambAvi etc.

Well, the Eka vachanam was his derogatory ref to IR, btw.
I inserted my matter of factly comments like "but his music is standing the test of times...".Now came the clincher from the horse's mouth "avan oruthan dhAn andha 72 mELa kartha rAgangaLa master paNNi irukkAn. avanuKKu rAga lakshanangaL, mathematics of rAgA ellAm athupadi . andha thala ganam dhAn avanukku azhiva koduthadhu blah blah. I wanted this accreditation only. I did not care much about his rant on his garvi character assassination. I allowed him to vent his frustration. avar pAvam romba bAdhikka pattu irukkAr, with IR success, professionally.

For some info on HMV Raghu:
Hindu article on HMV Raghu's recording experience with M.S.S

http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/music/recording-a-legend/article671631.ece

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:59 pm

app_engine wrote:simply from a "human-achievement" point of view, the IR-phenomenon is nothing short of a miracle - something people get to read only in purANams and story books but never see in their own lifetime(s)!
Wow! Profound thought! Well said!! the clap

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:18 pm

Pratap Pothen sharing some profound thoughts of Rajiv Menon

twitter ubayam Wink

ரஹ்மான் மீது கொள்ளைப்பிரியம் இருக்கலாம், அதற்காக ராசாவையும் கீபோர்டு என்று சொல்லலாமோ?

குறைந்தது ஆர்மோனியப்பெட்டி என்றாவது சொல்ல வேண்டியது தானே கல்யாணி புத்திரா?

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Singeetham Srinivasa Rao Interview

You considered bringing Satyajit Ray on board for Pushpak as a music director?

That was just a thought. We didn’t approach him. For Pushpak, I wanted someone who would work according to my commands rather than someone like Ilaiyaraja who would want to compose music according to their liking. That approach wouldn’t work in a movie like Pushpak for which I had particular music in mind. I knew where to start the music, where to stop it, and the texture of the music. The control had to be with me. So I thought of roping in someone like Ray who would be able to give a freshness to the music. Being a filmmaker himself, he would understand what I wanted from him. Finally SL Vaidyanathan did the music.

There are music directors who want to ‘talk’ through their work. I don’t agree with that. He can talk through a personal album or a concert. He shouldn’t voice himself through a film. A film belongs to its director. Music is only a part of the film. A music director should talk through the director. Although Pushpak was a movie without any dialogues, sound was an element in it. The ambience sound and music were critical to the story telling.
The violin segment at the beginning of Raja Parvai – did you plan it that way after you listened to Ilaiyaraja’s composition?

Yes, we shot the scene after Raja gave us the music. That was a special piece. Similarly, for the Urvashi-Kamal portion in MMKR, what I had visualised was a slapstick song with 20 widows, led by SN Lakshmi, doing lalala lalala in the background. When Raja gave me “Sundari Neeyum”, I had to rethink. It was a beautiful piece. So we shot a slow-mo romantic piece. It was shot in 48 frames instead of 24 frames.

OK, nexttu...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:33 pm

Someone had quoted in twitter this youtube where KH says they could not afford IR because of budget limitations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2T75RZFh8o

Well, both could be correct - Singeetham would have wanted some ஆமாஞ்சாமி and it suited the producer's budget also Smile

Personally, I've never watched the movie so cannot comment on the score Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:54 pm

One more article that criticizes IR for போற்றிப்பாடடி பொன்னே

அந்தப் படத்தில் இடம்பெற்ற, சாதிப் பெருமையை உரக்கச் சொல்லும் ‘போற்றிப் பாடடி பொன்னே தேவர் காலடி மண்ணே’ என்ற பாடல் அதன் பின்னர் தென் தமிழகத்தில் ஒடுக்கப்பட்ட பிரிவினருக்கு எதிரான வன்மத்தை ஒருங்கிணைக்கப் பிரதானக் களம் அமைத்துக் கொடுத்ததாக ஒரு விமர்சனம் உண்டு. அந்தப் பாடலுக்கு இசையமைத்தவர் இளையராஜா என்ற உண்மை சிலருக்குக் கசக்கும்

As if this இழுக்கு were not enough, IR-KH combo has worked on another hymn for Pasumpon now Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:58 pm

symbol of culture Laughing Laughing 

திரைப்படங்கள் எடுக்கும்போது ஒருசில விஷயங்களை தவிர்க்க முடியாது. ஒரு வரலாற்று படத்தில் கோவில், மாட்டு வண்டி வருவது போலவும், மினிபஸ் காட்சியில் இளையராஜா பாடல் வருவது போல,

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:01 pm

One more new MD who claims IR as mAnaseega guru

இசையை எங்கே கற்றுக் கொண்டீர்கள்?

எனக்கு சின்ன வயதிலிருந்தே இசையைக் கற்றுக் கொடுத்தவர் இளையராஜா சார்தான். அவர் பாடல்களையே சுவாசமாக்கி வளர்ந்தவன் நான். அவர் பாடல்களைக் கேட்டுக் கேட்டு ஒவ்வொரு பாடமாக கற்றேன். என் மானசீக குரு,முதல் குரு எல்லாமே அவர்தான்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:04 pm

Vivek calls Anirudh a pearl from IR-ocean

Nice picture on that link.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:09 pm

article depicting IR as a சண்டைக்கோழி

பலரிடம் சண்டை போட்டுப்பிரிந்த லிஸ்டில் முதல் இடத்தில் இருப்பது யார் தெரியுமா?

BTW, @rajinirams has tweeted the nakkeeran GA article screenshots, where the thambi pulambifies IR not signing up bAshA movie and thus getting into Rajini's blacklist.

Info is mostly known but it includes GA's pulambal as to "had I been around with him at that time, I would have convinced aNNan to accept" thingy rotfl

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:54 pm

The Hindu says re-print of 2014 interview with Kamal, me reading for the first time

இளையராஜாவிற்கு பின்னால் எவ்வளவு கல்வி, கடின உழைப்பு இருக்கிறது தெரியுமா இவர்களுக்கு. 

நான் பார்த்து வியக்கிற உழைப்பாளி இளையராஜா. அந்த உழைப்பு இல்லாமல் வருபவர்கள் விழாவிட்டாலும், விழுந்தால் நன்றாக இருக்கும் என்று நினைக்கும் கூட்டத்தில் நானும் ஒருவன். 

அதில் நான் பொய் சொல்ல விரும்பவில்லை

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:41 pm

manasinakkarE - IR overruled by Sathyan Anthikkad

Jayaram says IR recorded 'cheNdakkoru koluNdadA' with his voice but Sathyan asked it to be sung by professional singer Smile

Sathyan AnthikkAd wrote:
pala pala saptham vannAl sari Agilla

rotfl

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:23 pm

Vikatan publishing someone's nostalgia

படம் வெளியாகி 25 வருடங்கள் முடிந்தாலும் இப்போதும் இனிக்கும் பாடல்கள் தந்த இளையராஜாவின் எவர்க்ரீன் ஹிட்ஸ், இவளொரு இளங்குருவி பாடல் எஸ் பி. பி-யின் வாய்ஸில் எங்கிருந்தோ இளங்குயிலின் இன்னிசை கேட்டு கண்விழித்தேன் என்று ரெண்டு லட்டு தந்தது. குஷ்புவுடனான வருது வருது இளங்காற்றும் சரி, பானுப்ரியாவுடனான ராத்திரி நேரம் ரயிலடி ஓரம் பாடலும் அப்போதும் இப்போதும் கேட்கக் கேட்க இனிமை, பார்க்கப் பார்க்க குளுமை.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:31 pm

amarsing at it again

https://mobile.twitter.com/rajinirams/status/796733948059467776
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Some people want to beat up IR under any context - now with this 500-1000 biz too IR gets kuttu while Rajini gets shottu

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:01 pm

Vamanan's article on B Vasantha

இளையராஜா இசையில் ‘தந்தனனம் என தாளம் வரும்’ என்று ஜென்சியுடன் பாடினார் வசந்தா (‘புதிய வார்ப்புகள்’).  ஆனால் அந்த வெற்றிப் பாடலுக்குப் பின்னும் வசந்தாவின் குரலில் சந்தன மல்லிகை வாசம் வரும் என்று இளையராஜா நினைக்கவில்லை போலும். ‘நல்லா பாடுறே, நல்லா பாடுறேன்னு சொல்லிச்
சொல்லி வாய்ப்புகள் வராமல் போச்சு’, என்று ஓர் அங்கலாய்ப்புத்தான் மிஞ்சியது.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next