Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

+33
kameshratnam
soco_sri
mythila
crimson king
Wizzy
Shank
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
Sakalakala Vallavar
Manoj Raj
Kr
d22_malarr
ank
kamalaakarsh
irfan123
இசை
AbhiMusiq
vicks
panniapurathar
irir123
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
groucho070
prakash
V_S
plum
writeface
sagi
fring151
Raaga_Suresh
counterpoint
Balu
kiru
vaticanscientist
37 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:45 pm

PC Sriram's interview where he briefly mentions IR

இயக்குநர் பால்கி எனது நீண்ட கால நண்பர். கர்நாடகத்தில் பிறந்த தமிழர், இளையராஜா ரசிகர் வேறு. அவருக்குத் தமிழ் தெரியும் என்பதால், ஏதாவது சந்தேகம் இருந்தால் கேட்டுக்கொள்வேன். ஒரு காட்சியில் இருவர் பேசிக்கொள்ளும்போது அதில் ஒளிப்பதிவாளர் லயித்திருந்தால்தான் ஒளிக்கு அர்த்தம் இருக்கும். அதனால் எனக்கு மொழி முக்கியமாகிவிடுகிறது. எனக்கு இந்தி தெரியாது என்றாலும் அவர்கள் என்ன பேசப் போகிறார்கள் என்று தெரிந்துவிடும்.

The article opens with an idiotic intro, however  Shocked

Looks like the immature interviewer never heard of names like Balu Mahendra and Ashok Kumar who were nationally recognized much before PCS.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:55 pm

GITAM graduation ceremony

VISAKHAPATNAM: APART from the excitement of receiving their degrees, clicking selfies of the proud moments, the graduating students have something more to look forward to on their convocation day at the GITAM university here on Saturday.

It’s none other than the legendary music composer of the South Indian cinema Ilayaraaja who has captured the fascinations of generartions.The students were excited to meet the doyen composer since they came to know that the varsity would confer him with a Doctor of Letters on the convocation day.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:59 pm

Chandrasekar, iLaya nilA guitarist

Why did Ilayaraja choose C sharp minor scale for the song ‘ Ilaiya nila pozigiradhu ’ fromPayanangal Mudivadhillai ? 

Recently, R. Chandrasekhar (aka guitar/keyboard Chandrasekhar)explained, “Ilayaraja is an ace guitarist. As a composer he wanted to highlight the guitar’s beauty.”

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  writeface Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:55 pm

M.I.A Maya Arulprakasam samples Ilaiyaraaja (again) the "kookkoo" bit from Oru Kili uruguthu for the "bird song" song in her upcoming album.

writeface

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Sivamani

Sivamani says music maestro Ilayaraja is his spiritual guru. “Initially, I was just a substitute in Ilayaraja’s group. But after realising my potential, he took me in,” he says. The opening he got helped him to forge fruitful relationships with a lot of music composers in both Tamil and Malayalam film industry including T. Rajendhar, Sam Joseph and Sankar Ganesh.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:21 pm

"பிரசாத் ஸ்டூடியோவுக்கே வந்து அவார்டு குடுக்கிறோம்" அப்டீன்னு சொன்னா சுதாரிச்சுக்க வேண்டாமோ, ராசா?

2016ல் ஒரே ஒரு ஆளுடன் நியூயார்க்கில் தொடங்கி இன்று இன்னும் சிலரைச் சென்னையில்  சேர்த்திருக்கும் ஒரு கோட்-சூட் பேர்வழி Smile

ராசாவுக்கு "அவார்ட்" கொடுத்ததாக ட்விட்டரில் கண்டதும் "யாரப்பா அது" என்று வலையில் தேடிய பொழுது கண்டது :

http://rocheston.com/

rotfl3

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:36 pm

digression
From the retweets of Kameshratnam sir, I can see that the "distinguished" awardees by Rocheston include itisprashanth rotfl
end-digression

ஏனப்பா ராசாவுக்கு இப்படி ஒரு சோதனை?

அடுத்தாப்டி இப்டி யாராச்சும் வந்தா, சுதாரிச்சிக்குங்கோன்னு யாராச்சும் ராசாவுக்குச் சொன்னா நல்லது.

வரட்டும், பாக்கட்டும், பேசட்டும், படமெல்லாம் எடுத்துக்கட்டும்  - ஆனா பிரசாந்து மாதிரி லெவல் அவார்டெல்லாம் ராசாவுக்குக் கொடுத்து அவமானப்படுத்தனுமா?

அவங்க விளம்பரத்துக்கு ராசா படம் போடணும்னா மலபார் ஜுவல்லேழ்ஸ் மாதிரி செலவு பண்ணினா ஒத்துக்கலாம். 

இப்படி நைஸா "நியூயார்க்"குன்னு சொல்லி ராசா உதவியாளர் யாரையோ ஏய்ச்சுட்டாங்களே!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 38 Empty Sharreth shares his experience with Raaja sir (Thaarai Thappattai song)

Post  Manoj Raj Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:03 pm

Sharreth shares his experience with Raaja sir (Thaarai Thappattai song)

from 41:36  rabbit LOL LOL LOL

Manoj Raj

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:19 pm

Thanks Manoj Raj for sharing. It is always delight to hear Sharreth speak about Maestro. Yes, it should be overwhelming and honor for him to accept such prestigious moments from Maestro, who rarely appreciates. Coming to the song, Janaki's one of her best. The way the composition flows we can hear how the wind gushing through every possible space to broadcast its arrival, I can feel the wind gushing over (and in ) me whenever I listen to the song, not just because of the starting wind sounds, but the way Maestro made sure that feel is consistent and throughout the song through its melody and arrangements. I can also feel taking it to the scintillating megha chhaye aadhi raat of SDB which also falls in the same raagam, but it was shot in broad daylight  Surprised May be Maestro wanted to give a totally different interpretation of SDB's composition, but look at what he came up with. Like taking a small seed and blowing out into a giant tree of mind-blowing proportions, which is only Maestro possible.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:14 pm

Not directly about IR but connected news

Singer Thiruvudaiyan dies in accident

திரைப்படத்தில் முதன்முதலாக, கமல்ஹாசன் நடித்து இளையராஜா இசை அமைத்த விருமாண்டி படத்தில் "கருமாத்தூர் காட்டுக்குள்ளே ஒரு காலத்தில்' என்ற பாடலை பாடினார்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:18 pm

old news unknown to me

This link talks about a dropped movie in which IR was to act Embarassed
(That too with a story based on the murder case in which MKT & NSK got arrested Laughing )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:38 pm

Is this part of any movie?

http://tamilsnow.com/?p=93218

There's a song embedded in the above page, sung by Thiruvudaiyan who recently died in an accident and about SL refugees, claims music by IR.

The actual soundcloud link for the song is this:
https://soundcloud.com/ravisubramaniyan/ethanaiyo

This says recorded in 2008 Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:45 pm

http://www.dinamalarnellai.com/cinema/news/14186

Please read Pratap Pothen's comments about IR in the above link Smile 

ராஜா ஒரு நல்ல கிடாரிஸ்ட்! – பிரதாப் போத்தன்
தமிழ் சினிமா, ராஜாவை தன் பொக்­கி­ஷ­மாக்­கிக் கொண்­ட­தில் அதிர்ஷ்­டம் செய்­தி­ருந்­தா­லும், கிட்­டத்­தட்ட அவ­ரைக் கொண்­டா­டி­ய­தில் மலை­யாள சினி­மா­வுக்­கும், மலை­யாள இயக்­கு­நர்­க­ளுக்­கும் பெரும் பங்கு உண்டு. அவ­ரது இசைக்­காக, மலை­யா­ளத்­தில் இருந்து வந்து தமி­ழில் படம் இயக்­கி­ய­வர்­க­ளில் ஒரு­வர் பிர­தாப் போத்­தன். மலை­யா­ளத்­தில் ராஜா இசை­யி­லும், சிவாஜி நடிப்­பி­லும் ‘ஒரு யாத்­ரா­மொழி’ என்­கிற கம்­பீ­ர­மான காவி­யத்­தைக் கொடுத்த லக்கி மேன். ‘அழி­யாத கோலங்­கள்’ தொடங்கி ‘ஈர விழிக் காவி­யங்­கள்’, ‘மூடு­பனி’ என ராஜா­வின் இசைக்கு கிடார் தூக்கி நடித்­த­வர். ராஜா­வு­ட­னான தன் அனு­பவ நினை­வு­களை பகிர்ந்து கொள்­கி­றார்.

''பாலு­ம­கேந்­தி­ரா­வின் படங்­க­ளில் பெரும்­பா­லும் நானும் இருப்­பேன். ‘மூடு­பனி’ வாய்ப்­பும் அப்­ப­டித்­தான் அமைந்­தது. படத்­துக்கு இது­தான்  இசை, இப்­ப­டித்­தான் இருக்­கும் என எது­வும் எனக்­குத் தெரி­யவே தெரி­யாது. ஜேசு­தாஸ் அண்ணா, தான் பாடி முடிச்­ச­தும், ஸ்டூடி­யோ­வுக்கு என்­னைக் கூப்­பிட்டு, ‘பாட்­டைக் கேளு’ன்னு சொன்­னார். அந்த கிடார் பகு­தி­க­ளைக் கேட்ட நொடி தொடங்கி கொண்­டாட துவங்­கிட்­டேன். பாலு­ம­கேந்­திரா படங்­க­ளில் நானும் பெரும்­பா­லும் ஒரு பாட­லி­லா­வது கிடா­ரைக் கையில் வைத்­துக் கொண்­டி­ருப்­பேன். ராஜா ஒரு நல்ல கிடா­ரிஸ்ட் என்­ப­தால், ‘முடிந்­த­வரை படத்­தில் ராஜா­வின் கிடார் போர்­ஷன்­க­ளுக்கு நாம ஜஸ்­டிஸ் செய்­ய­ணும்’ என்­கிற கார­ணத்­தால், பார்த்து பார்த்து நடித்­தி­ருப்­பேன். பாலு­ம­கேந்­தி­ரா­வும் ராஜா­வும் இசை கம்­போ­ஸிங்­கிற்­காக அமர்­வதே ஓர் அழகு. என் முதல் பட­மான ‘மீண்­டும் ஒரு காதல் கதை’­யின் கதையை சொன்ன போது, ‘குழந்தை மன­சுக்கு நடு­வில் காதலா? குழந்தை மனசு எப்­படி இருக்­கும்?’ என யோசித்­துக் கொண்டே டியூன் போட்­டுக்­கொ­டுத்­தார். ‘அதி­காலை நேரமே….’ பாடல் டியூன் அப்­ப­டித்­தான் உரு­வா­னது. ஆயி­ரம் படங்­க­ளுக்கு ராஜா இசை­ய­மைத்­தி­ருப்­பது எல்­லாம் ஒரு புறம் இருந்­தா­லும், இந்த உல­கில் இசை இருக்­கிற வரை­யில் என்­றென்­றைக்­கும் ராஜா எனக்கு என் இனிய பொன் நிலா­தான்” என்­கி­றார் பிர­தாப் போத்­தன்.
This is related to one of my pet theories that this Pratap fellow could have been a guitarist (as all the movies he acted / directed had some thookkal guitar stuff by IR). Well, I'm happy to be DISPROVED Laughing

Here Pratap says he wanted to do justice to "IR the guitarist" Smile

Either way, what a nice combo - IR-Guitar (& well, Pratap)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:43 pm

Guitar Prasanna.. Ilaiya Nila .. so sweet.....kadavul madhiri naalu kai irundhal. full piece um vasichu irupar......

https://www.facebook.com/guitarprasanna/videos/vb.7536103955/10154375563233956/?type=2&theater

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:24 pm

In spite of industry campaign against IR

பின்னணி இசை...?

இளையராஜா சாரை பத்தி நிறைய சொன்னாங்க, அவர் எதையும் மாத்த மாட்டார், நாம சொல்றதை கேட்க மாட்டார்னு. ஆனா, நான் எதையும் நேர்ல அனுபவப்பட்டு தெரிஞ்சுக்கதான் விரும்புவேன். அதுதான் சரியா இருக்கும். அப்படித்தான் இளையராஜாவை சந்திச்சேன். ஒவ்வொரு சீனுக்கும் பின்னணி இசை அமைச்சிட்டு, எப்படியிருக்கு, நல்லாயிருக்கான்னு கேட்பார். இந்த த்ரில்லருக்கு அவர் சிறப்பான இசையை தந்திருக்கார்.

So, this statement "அவர் எதையும் மாத்த மாட்டார், நாம சொல்றதை கேட்க மாட்டார்னு" is the campaign that had been going on for many years in the industry. 

Obviously, this got started from "pudhu pudhu arthangaL" time period, by you know who.  Over a time period, that dangerous group had built a huge gumbal (which worked obviously to the advantage of a ton of other fellows - especially IR's many competitors and enemies, who failed to compete based on pure thiRamai those days).

What is surprising is such gumbal continues unabated even 25 years later Shocked

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:00 pm

app_engine wrote:In spite of industry campaign against IR

பின்னணி இசை...?

இளையராஜா சாரை பத்தி நிறைய சொன்னாங்க, அவர் எதையும் மாத்த மாட்டார், நாம சொல்றதை கேட்க மாட்டார்னு. ஆனா, நான் எதையும் நேர்ல அனுபவப்பட்டு தெரிஞ்சுக்கதான் விரும்புவேன். அதுதான் சரியா இருக்கும். அப்படித்தான் இளையராஜாவை சந்திச்சேன். ஒவ்வொரு சீனுக்கும் பின்னணி இசை அமைச்சிட்டு, எப்படியிருக்கு, நல்லாயிருக்கான்னு கேட்பார். இந்த த்ரில்லருக்கு அவர் சிறப்பான இசையை தந்திருக்கார்.

So, this statement "அவர் எதையும் மாத்த மாட்டார், நாம சொல்றதை கேட்க மாட்டார்னு" is the campaign that had been going on for many years in the industry. 

Obviously, this got started from "pudhu pudhu arthangaL" time period, by you know who.  Over a time period, that dangerous group had built a huge gumbal (which worked obviously to the advantage of a ton of other fellows - especially IR's many competitors and enemies, who failed to compete based on pure thiRamai those days).

What is surprising is such gumbal continues unabated even 25 years later Shocked

one of the gumbal already side swipping in neenga nallavara kettavara style. when everyone praised heaps about OA bgm he wrote article not mentioning anything about bgm. now for kutramae thandanai when whole crew and most say no one can do bgm like raja we see the comment..."elsewhere score is over dramatic. to get the true impression one should MUTE and watch the movie". only thing he likes about score is guitar that too he says that is in similarity to kakka muttai which also had guitar. Mr. Rangan has become over exper'tee than raja to judge him it seems. Next time raja should get appointment with him before scoring. Some people want extra publicity by bad publicity rangan is one of them belongs to the "kumbal" category. Evil or Very Mad

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:20 pm

Revathi's interview for mounaragam..... one ques.....

The songs were something else, weren’t they? Do you have a favourite?
That’s a real tough one. (Pause) Maybe ‘Mandram Vandha’? I remember when Raja sir and I were watching Cheeni Kum, and I noticed that he’d used the tune in the film. I asked him, “How could you give this song?” I was quite possessive about the songs.
Nice one......
https://sudhir-srinivasan.com/2016/09/03/revathi-divya-was-a-lot-like-me/

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Thirukovur Balaji Prasad Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:28 pm

A nice little piece of writing on the impact of the maestro's music:

Ilayaraja in the course of his more than thousand films has taken music in different forms to the least initiated common people including slumdwellers.

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tracking-indian-communities/maestro-more-deserving-of-magsaysay/

Thirukovur Balaji Prasad

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Azhagam Perumal (director of dum dum dum & former assistant of MR) on IR:
http://www.dinamalarnellai.com/cinema/news/14629

This includes the "already-known-thuNukku" about sundari kaNNAl oru sEthi that SPB had shared before (of Bombay fellows giving standing ovation)...this fellow was part of MR's team then and happened to witness it.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:39 am

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0jJtdOXmGf6Ddm

My daughter sang in a Telugu contest arranged in relation to the upcoming Raaja telugu concert in San Jose..
Felt totally proud!! Listen to the initial hum by a guy in the audience.. They loved the song..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:51 pm

jaiganesh wrote:https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0jJtdOXmGf6Ddm

My daughter sang in a Telugu contest arranged in relation to the upcoming Raaja telugu concert in San Jose..
Felt totally proud!! Listen to the initial hum by a guy in the audience.. They loved the song..

அருமை & சிறப்பு!

இந்தக்குருவி பனங்காயை உருட்டி விளையாடத்தொடங்கி விட்டது.

தலையில் வைத்துக்கொள்ளும் நாள் தொலைவில் இல்லை - அருகில் தான் Smile

வாழ்த்துக்கள்!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:42 pm

thanks app..
got to know about the concert only with 5 days remaining..
telugu lyrics konjam kashtapattuchu.. but somehow with help of a telugu friend 
was able to get atleat 60% of it..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:46 am

Usha wrote:Revathi's interview for mounaragam..... one ques.....

The songs were something else, weren’t they? Do you have a favourite?
That’s a real tough one. (Pause) Maybe ‘Mandram Vandha’? I remember when Raja sir and I were watching Cheeni Kum, and I noticed that he’d used the tune in the film. I asked him, “How could you give this song?” I was quite possessive about the songs.
Nice one......
https://sudhir-srinivasan.com/2016/09/03/revathi-divya-was-a-lot-like-me/

I agree with Revathi.  I was damn angry when I found Mandram Vandha had been turned into Cheeni Kum (and that 'no problem' at the end of the line, yucky yuck) and even angrier with the light treatment and rendition.  Mandram Vandha was on a tape my mom had compiled which had assorted Raja classics (mostly SPB solos, yes!!!) and it was through repeatedly listening to that tape that I really had my eureka moment about IR's music.  I couldn't stand what Shreya Ghoshal had done to it (she's not to blame, IR must have wanted her to sing like that for the film situation). Then again, once I was trying to get an internet friend (a Bong) to listen to Ilayaraja and recommended Mandram Vandha.  He said it was nice, laidback and chilled out.  I was like, "Enna pa, nee andha paatadhan kettiya?" Shocked

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:55 am

Interesting passage in the interview where Revathi is trying to counsel Sudhir Srinivasan that not all arranged marriages these days are bad/forced while he is trying to push the Western feminist agenda.  From my own experience in courtship, it was the women who were far more decisive in saying no and prepared to wait it out.  Today's women are pretty independent and clear-thinking; has Sudhir actually talked to 20 something young women recently?

Also sad to see how much things have changed during that period in Hindi and Tamil cinema.  In Hindi cinema, Divya-type roles were only offered in parallel cinema in the 80s.  But these days, many or at least quite a few woman-centric films are being made in Bollywood. In Tamil somehow they don't want to think beyond imported Punjabi/Sindhi girls who are there for the looks (?) and I don't even find Hansika very pretty (acting kevalam) so wonder what she's there for.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:53 pm

jaiganesh wrote:thanks app..
got to know about the concert only with 5 days remaining..
telugu lyrics konjam kashtapattuchu.. but somehow with help of a telugu friend 
was able to get atleat 60% of it..

romba azhagana voice.. romba nalla renditiion......... indha paatin compositiion value...... kashtamana ondru.. dhairiyama try panni paadi iruka...
Hearty Wishes........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next