Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

+33
kameshratnam
soco_sri
mythila
crimson king
Wizzy
Shank
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
Sakalakala Vallavar
Manoj Raj
Kr
d22_malarr
ank
kamalaakarsh
irfan123
இசை
AbhiMusiq
vicks
panniapurathar
irir123
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
groucho070
prakash
V_S
plum
writeface
sagi
fring151
Raaga_Suresh
counterpoint
Balu
kiru
vaticanscientist
37 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 20 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:21 pm

tik-tik-tik on indhu paper's next installment

இசைக் கருவிகளில் நிகழ்த்திய பரிசோதனைகளுக்கு நிகராக ஜானகியின் குரலில் வெவ்வேறு ஒலிகளைக் கொண்டுவந்தவர் இளையராஜா. இளையராஜாவின் கற்பனை வடிவங்களை உள்வாங்கிக்கொள்ளும் திறன் ஜானகியிடமும், ஜானகியின் பன்முகத் தன்மையை உணர்ந்துகொள்ளும் திறன் இளையராஜாவிடமும் இருந்தது. இருவரின் இந்தப் பரஸ்பரப் புரிதல் தமிழர்களின் ரசனைக்கு ராஜ விருந்து படைத்தது.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 20 Empty raja in usa

Post  jaiganesh Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:33 pm

http://rajainusa.com

அடி வயித்தக்கலக்குதே ராமா!!
நடந்தா நல்லாருக்கும்.. ஆனா நடக்குமா?
ராஜ் திருச்செல்வனை நம்பி..

"மண்ணுக்குதிரயிலே அந்த மன்னவன் ஏறுவானா?
 இந்தச்சின்னவன் ஏறுவானா?"

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 20 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:02 pm

jaiganesh wrote:http://rajainusa.com

அடி வயித்தக்கலக்குதே ராமா!!
நடந்தா நல்லாருக்கும்.. ஆனா நடக்குமா?
ராஜ் திருச்செல்வனை நம்பி..

"மண்ணுக்குதிரயிலே அந்த மன்னவன் ஏறுவானா?
 இந்தச்சின்னவன் ஏறுவானா?"

Can't access that link from work (blocked) but this one adds authenticity:

http://www.dolbytheatre.com/events/details.php?id=155

:fingers crossed:

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:40 pm

If he is indeed coming [which I very much doubt given the recent illness etc.] it won't be a one-off. He will certainly do more than one concert in North America.

If IF true - I think we all ought to meet up  bounce

LA - I am not sure. With a super expensive flight ticket getting added to the budget.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:15 pm

Rest of the legs not confirmed.. this one for sure is confirmed..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:45 pm

I wish Raja gives priority to his health rather than accepting these concerts that demand a hectic tour and rehearsals.

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:59 pm

mythila wrote:I wish Raja gives priority to his health rather than accepting these concerts that demand a hectic tour and rehearsals.

True, but at this point of time of his life, this instrumental work - i.e. if genuine, with a Hollywood symphony orchestra, for a worthy movie - is probably better for him / his health - than visiting Prasad daily and work for Madurai themed movies for weeks and months, getting poorly paid etc...often for never-releasing ones. 

அவரால ரெஸ்ட் எடுத்துக்கிட்டு உட்கார்ந்திருக்க முடியாது. இங்கே தயாரிப்பாளர் சங்கம் மற்றும் ரசிகர் மன்றம் என்ற பெயரில் சுற்றி இருப்போர் - இன்னும் கொஞ்சம் மேடைப்பேச்சு, ராயல்டி விவகாரம், அதிகாப்பூர்வ இணையத்தளம் என்றெல்லாம் வேறு இழுப்பார்கள். அப்படியாக, ரெகார்டிங் இல்லாத நாட்களிலும் அவருக்கு வேலை / அலைச்சல் வைப்பதை கவனிக்கிறோம்.

அதை விட, இசைப்பணி - அதிலும் சிம்பனி ஆர்க்கெஸ்ட்ராவுக்கு எழுதுவது போன்ற சவாலான ஒன்று - அவருக்கு ஆரோக்கியம் தரும் என்றே தோன்றுகிறது.

என்ன, உருப்படியான ஆட்களோடு வேலை செய்ய வேண்டும். 

ஆயிரம் விமர்சனங்கள் இருந்தாலும், திருவாசகம் வெளியே வந்தது. 

அதன் முதலீடு, வருமானம், அது இது என்று பலரும் பலவிதமாக விமர்சித்தாலும், திருவாளர் பொதுஜனத்துக்கு ஒரு இசைப்பொக்கிஷம் கிடைத்தது என்பது வரலாற்று உண்மை.

அது போல, வெளி வரும் ஒன்றுக்காக உழைத்தால் அவருக்கு நிறைவாக இருக்கும் என்று தோன்றுகிறது.

Last edited by app_engine on Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:15 pm

Agree completely. Instead of wasting precious effort in poosaris /narikuravas and involving in dynamics behind these intellectual rights issue,
any musical pursuit that kindles his creativity, that befits his vast knowledge
is most welcome.
Recently "Swapnam" gave such an elevating experience.

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:26 pm

காற்றில் கலந்த இசை அடுத்த பாகம்

thanikkAttu rAjA (rAsAvE onna nAn & sandhanakkAtRE) Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:47 am

mythila wrote:Agree completely. Instead of wasting precious effort in poosaris /narikuravas and involving in dynamics behind these intellectual rights issue,
is most welcome.
I vehemently condemn the elitist undertones here.. 
Kida pusari magudi songs are a breeze and in no way beneath the misty eyed reverence you anoint for swapnam.
Raaja has been and always will be this guy who does this rope walking trick with all kinds of puristically delights on one end of the stick and 
earthy local tracks on the other end. If we can't accept it, then we will never find our peace with Raaja.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:17 pm

another hospital admit, but seems like for general checkup, he is stable, says the report!

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-tamilnadu/ilayaraja-cho-in-hospital/article7570660.ece
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:00 pm

1975 Thamizh movie "thennagkeetRu" had IR credited as thuNai isai Smile

L Vaidyanathan's name in on top and the "Raja" name below must refer to IR:

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 20 Thenna10

The MD was GKV and the album had a SPB-VJ duet that was popular on radios those days...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Nice find app. The song is "mANikka mAmaNi mAlaiyil" , a haunting melody. It used to be my mom's fav song then.

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:32 pm

jaiganesh wrote:
mythila wrote:Agree completely. Instead of wasting precious effort in poosaris /narikuravas and involving in dynamics behind these intellectual rights issue,
is most welcome.
I vehemently condemn the elitist undertones here.. 
Kida pusari magudi songs are a breeze and in no way beneath the misty eyed reverence you anoint for swapnam.
Raaja has been and always will be this guy who does this rope walking trick with all kinds of puristically delights on one end of the stick and 
earthy local tracks on the other end. If we can't accept it, then we will never find our peace with Raaja.

indha "vizhalukku iRaitha neer" mbAngaLE,  adhu maari dhaan indha pUsAri/maNikkuRavan/Love and Love Only ellAm.
Nobody knows when these "God forsaken" movies are gonna see the ligght of the day. Indha uppumA kambenikkellAm meesik pOttu odamba keduthukkardha vida ThiruvAsagam/swapnam maari timeless music paNNA nallA irukkumEnna oru Adhangam dhaan. idhula enga elitist podalangA ellAm vandhadhu, konjam pragmatism dhAnE vEnumgardhu?

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:20 pm

My tweet with the "Napoleon Sun TV link"

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Erikarai poonkatre from Violin vicky........

The rhythm pattern is challenging than I thought and made my double hand playing into more of a modest attempt in the end!! But thats the point of trying an Ilaiyaraaja song because its constantly helps you improve..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DertNfqlkLg

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:12 pm

THam thana thana  from Violin Vicky.......

Tone of the sound......... Perfect one......... Beautiful presentation....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seScIfhQEbs

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:15 pm

ilamai enum poonkatru...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enkv2clKz5I

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:17 pm

amazing performance from Violin vicky for marubadiyum bgm.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD5Q5ekZBXM

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:03 pm

avaL appadiththAn - kAtRil kalandha isai in indhu paper

விம்மிக் கொண்டிருக்கும் மனதை வருடிக் கொடுக்கும் மயிலிறகைப் போன்ற பாடல்களைக் கேட்கும்போது மனதின் பாரம் லேசாகி மிதக்கத் தொடங்கும். முள் குத்திய பாதத்தை வருடியபடி அதன் மெல்லிய வலியை ரசிப்பதைப் போல், வலி நிறைந்த நினைவுகளை ஆற்றுப்படுத்தும் தன்மை கொண்ட பாடல்களைக் கேட்டபடி அசைவற்று அமர்ந்திருப்பதும் தனி அனுபவம்தான். அப்படியான அனுபவத்தைத் தரும் பாடல் கங்கை அமரன் எழுதிய ‘உறவுகள் தொடர்கதை’.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:05 pm

rAsA with his son & d-i-l #4 (three of them thanks to YSR Wink )

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 20 Cnrd4j10

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:58 pm

amrutham gamaya group and IR

One recalls that the 'hawa nagila' word is briefly featured in my fav MDM song : 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjhLZ1xQNnQ (uttAlakkudi)

This is the cover version of 'hawa nagila' Israeli folk song by this amrutham gamaya (except the words, I don't think there's any connection between both songs) : 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7lGRirxV5g

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:09 pm

Justin Prabhakaran, MD of paNNaiyAr & Padmini car, is being careful Laughing 

Justin draws inspiration from several musicians. “My biggest inspirations in the industry are maestro Ilayaraja and A.R. Rahman. Each time I hear Chinna Thambi album I travel back in time. The music haunts me even today even though I was only six when it was released,” says the 29-year-old today.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:53 am

app_engine wrote: Justin Prabhakaran, MD of paNNaiyAr & Padmini car, is being careful Laughing 

Justin draws inspiration from several musicians. “My biggest inspirations in the industry are maestro Ilayaraja and A.R. Rahman. Each time I hear Chinna Thambi album I travel back in time. The music haunts me even today even though I was only six when it was released,” says the 29-year-old today.

What he means is - he buys his music equipment/electronics inspired by ARR (HJ said something like that) and his music composing is inspired by IR :-)

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:42 pm

kiru wrote:
app_engine wrote: Justin Prabhakaran, MD of paNNaiyAr & Padmini car, is being careful Laughing 

What he means is - he buys his music equipment/electronics inspired by ARR (HJ said something like that) and his music composing is inspired by IR :-)
Both app and kiru are really bad guys. A young MD is making a fashion statement - leave it alone guys ☺️

Raja is now part of the young MD's fashion statements - I am delighted

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next