Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

+38
counterpoint
krraju82
rajaclan
baroque
Shank
crimson king
MH
Drunkenmunk
irir123
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
D22_Malar
vicks
fring151
Punnaimaran
endrum_raja
Usha
raghav316
kamalaakarsh
rajkumarc
skr
writeface
Sakalakala Vallavar
groucho070
Wizzy
mythila
sagi
kiru
SenthilVinu
sheepChase
plum
Bala (Karthik)
Admin
Raaga_Suresh
app_engine
jaiganesh
V_S
kv
42 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1 - Page 15 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

Post  Usha Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Thank u app...........   DM writings ku naan fan agiten.........

Instrumentation... ellarum ezhudhi padichu iruken........ Ivaroda style......... Really Nice......... ivaroda writings ai padichutu
paatai kaekanam......... 

IR paatai kaeka katru kodukum one Great Fan.......

Usha

Back to top Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1 - Page 15 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

Post  Usha Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:11 pm

Athamaga rathinamae  - Chinna vaathiyar.....

Fiiiiiiiinest Recording..... kaadhuku kashtam kodukadha alavuku.......... pleasing the ears so much........

Lovely chorus...........  as usual. IR's Beats.......... 

http://shakthi.fm/ta/player/play/sf436ba39

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:42 pm

Usha wrote:Thank u app...........   DM writings ku naan fan agiten.........

Instrumentation... ellarum ezhudhi padichu iruken........ Ivaroda style......... Really Nice......... ivaroda writings ai padichutu
paatai kaekanam......... 

IR paatai kaeka katru kodukum one Great Fan.......
Thank you. Glad that I'm able to translate my rasanai with a fair degree of success Smile
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:01 pm

DM,

Welcome...... inga dhan ungaloda blog ai therinjinden....... unamiyai sollren. unga blog.. padika arambicha podhu,
romba perusa irukae nu thonithu. ana porumaiya padika arambichen........... ethanai vishayam.. parthu parthu solli
irukeenga....... Really Great.......porumaiya.  porupa ezhudhi irukeenga.............. naan dhan thanks sollanam.

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:44 am

The song is not leaving the loop. Adding one final pointer before moving on (which did not strike while writing the post).

The song we all have heard. At 40 seconds in the first pallavi, there is a rhythm guitar strum followed by the bass strum. It goes 1,2 (rhythm guitar), 1,2 (bass), 1,2 (RG), 1,2 (B), 1,2 (RG), 1,2 (B), 1,2 (RG), 1,2 (B): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI4-U-TDR_U#t=40s

Now at 2 minutes 43 seconds, in the second interlude, the very same pattern recurs. 1,2 (RG), 1,2 (B), 1,2 (RG), 1,2 (B). So far so good. But then, 1,2 (RG), chorus: thaa, 1,2 (RG), chorus: thaa, Chorus (thaa ra thaa ra thaa ra) and 1,2 (RG) together in a counterpoint. What a fool I was just to skim at the surface at the rhythm-bass/chorus counterpoint in the post!

At 2 minutes, 55 seconds, after the chorus is done for the first time in that interlude: 1,2 (RG), 1,2 (B), 1,2 (RG), 1,2 (B). Same pattern. But then, 1,2,1,2,1,2,1 (RG) cascading down. Freaking brilliant! Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI4-U-TDR_U#t=2m43s

What we first hear is an idea. He stabs the knife in first to make an impact. He then takes it up and down to let it sink. There is no going for the jugular right at the start. The idea is let to sink and then he develops that idea with a chorus first and with different combinations of guitars. In the second interlude in the song at 2:55-3:00, the idea climaxes. I'm lost for further words.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:

What we first hear is an idea. He stabs the knife in first to make an impact. He then takes it up and down to let it sink. There is no going for the jugular right at the start. The idea is let to sink and then he develops that idea with a chorus first and with different combinations of guitars. In the second interlude in the song at 2:55-3:00, the idea climaxes. I'm lost for further words.
IR in music ai vaarthaiyil....  really nice to read DM.............
ipadi ellam solla theriyamal....... radio vil... matumae kaetu sandhosha patta paatu idhu ellam......... sterio kuda kedaiyadhu. Mono only........ IR ku edho oru nambikai irundhu iruku......... Sterio vil.. ellaum kaepanga nu..  adha nenachu than record seidhu
irukar.......

apadi gavanithal....... Ipodhu varum IR paatum.. edho oru technology manasil nenachu record seidhu irukar.. andha technology varum andru..  ipodhu kaekum paatu... Instrumentation ai. romba nanraga kaetpom. apodhum namaku niraiya acharyam kedaikum......... adhu dhan IR. adhanala dhan avar Music God............

Garjanai. indha padathu paatu elllamae  .. something Great dhan................

Usha

Back to top Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1 - Page 15 Empty Song in 3 notes

Post  MH Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:26 pm

Hello, big thanks to all for sharing all the info n views of Ilayarja sir music. recently i have heard this 3 note song in Raja sir concert, is this song there  in any of his movie/album?

MH

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Welcome to the forum Easwar!

Smile

To my knowledge, the 3 note song isn't part of any album.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Podhigai channel.... ipodhu...  IR programe with TVG, Mano, embar kannan and..... Miruthanga player.. oru chinna
portion vechanga..............    

Other Language..  Nativity patri.... TVG..... sonnar. Language ivar katru kondar. Singers ai paada vaikalam. anal.. andha nativity... epadi seiya mudiyum.. ipadi....... idhu dhan Ivar ............  sonnadhum.. IR in mugathil oru chinna siripu...... kid madhiiri.

apodhu IR  sonnar. "Shiv padam. Ram Gopal varma..  IR ai  kaetu kondar.. Lyric iruku.. adhuku tune senju thanga nu. nanaum
sari nu sonnen.. lyric thandhanga...... Dhimi dhimi  nu start achu......   enaku hindi theiryadhu. artham kaeten......
RAm sonnar.   -   vandhadhum  maari pochu.   (enaku sariyaga theriyavilai. audio quality is too poor.) ipadi arambichu 
irundhadhu.... naan sonnen. ipadi nalla ialiyae.......... vaazhkai pochu ithana naala.. ana.. oruthar vandhadhum... maari ponadhu.. ipadi irundha nalla irukumae nu.........  adhuku Ram keatar..  adhu epadi music la varum endru. IR sirikarar.........

aparam paatu ipadi arambichadhu nu sonnar....

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:59 pm

1. Jaiganesh Vazhkudai ‏[ltr]@JVazhkudai[/ltr]1m
    @sagittarian82 Today morning drive - Kaadhal Panpaadu - what a rock sirji? inimael evanavadhu naanga dhaan rocka kondaandhoam appdi ipdinnaa
    Expand

•  Delete 
    •  Favorite 
    •  More

[color][font]

• Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1 - Page 15 B2492532e6b213573db447beb7fd927f_normalJaiganesh Vazhkudai ‏[ltr]@JVazhkudai[/ltr]now
    @sagittarian82 And then follow up had to be kanavil midhakkum - naan dhars aaiytaen. I had immediate chakra openings ( :-) ) and dissolution
    Expand
    [/font][/color]

• jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:01 pm

Usha wrote:Podhigai channel.... ipodhu...  IR programe with TVG, Mano, embar kannan and..... Miruthanga player.. oru chinna
    portion vechanga..............    

Other Language..  Nativity patri.... TVG..... sonnar. Language ivar katru kondar. Singers ai paada vaikalam. anal.. andha nativity... epadi seiya mudiyum.. ipadi....... idhu dhan Ivar ............  sonnadhum.. IR in mugathil oru chinna siripu...... kid madhiiri.

apodhu IR  sonnar. "Shiv padam. Ram Gopal varma..  IR ai  kaetu kondar.. Lyric iruku.. adhuku tune senju thanga nu. nanaum
    sari nu sonnen.. lyric thandhanga...... Dhimi dhimi  nu start achu......   enaku hindi theiryadhu. artham kaeten......
    RAm sonnar.   -   vandhadhum  maari pochu.   (enaku sariyaga theriyavilai. audio quality is too poor.) ipadi arambichu 
    irundhadhu.... naan sonnen. ipadi nalla ialiyae.......... vaazhkai pochu ithana naala.. ana.. oruthar vandhadhum... maari ponadhu.. ipadi irundha nalla irukumae nu.........  adhuku Ram keatar..  adhu epadi music la varum endru. IR sirikarar.........

aparam paatu ipadi arambichadhu nu sonnar....
    yaa - dheemi dheemi si zindagi main is the song. but my daughter loves to sing from 'badli yeh hawa' - it reflects the situ better and a fantastic lead up - and shreya's husky rendering - harini - learn - this is what is is called husky rendering - not blowing air into the mike..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Jaiganesh,

Thanks for the response.....  unga ponnu...... oru Perfectionist nu nenaiakren..

Shreya........... Always  Great dhanae.........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Thanks to Nerd , 
    I got the Raaja Rare CDs and it is one helluva trip.
    Today morning's delight is the rock erotica 'Artharaathiri maamaa'
    The Electric guitar belting out in classic rock style is a delight - This is
    top notch classic rock and the drumming is stupendous. This is not the 
    stupid amit trivedi pretend rock - This is ROCK solid ROCK.
    And the usage of Sax and trumpets in the interlude is so unique and delightful.
    It is so inconvenient that I was driving my car in morning traffic - the urge to go park it in the side and 
    start swinging was so uncontrollable. Hell no I am not going to play this at work- Since 
    it cannot be played with kids around (thanks to versatile SJanaki and chorus) - I have to 
    reserve it for the evening car ride. Damn badass this Raaja phlow.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:58 pm

jaiganesh wrote:Thanks to Nerd , 
    I got the Raaja Rare CDs and it is one helluva trip.
    Today morning's delight is the rock erotica 'Artharaathiri maamaa'
    The Electric guitar belting out in classic rock style is a delight - This is
    top notch classic rock and the drumming is stupendous. This is not the 
    stupid amit trivedi pretend rock - This is ROCK solid ROCK.
    And the usage of Sax and trumpets in the interlude is so unique and delightful.
    It is so inconvenient that I was driving my car in morning traffic - the urge to go park it in the side and 
    start swinging was so uncontrollable. Hell no I am not going to play this at work- Since 
    it cannot be played with kids around (thanks to versatile SJanaki and chorus) - I have to 
    reserve it for the evening car ride. Damn badass this Raaja phlow.
    Super post Jai applause . I enjoyed that song, it was a recent find for me and to hear that in nice quality was totally amazing. Fantastic music and fantastic rendition by SJ noteworthy.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  vicks Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:24 am

Mella Oornthu Oornthu from Nandalala: http://www.starmusiq.com/tamil_movie_songs_listen_download.asp?MovieId=58

First, this is one of the best sites I have found for Raja songs - almost every album they have online has amazing quality.

Mysskin's first movie with IR , and what a song - 'Mudhal Murai pogum payanathin inbam' - intha line in IR's voice literally gave me goosebumps. downloaded Onaiyum Aattukuttiyum BGM, kekkalamnu than paathen, but not able to come out of Nandalala. 

Actually let me add one more - Now looping on Oru Vaandu Koottam - love the 'Scottish' style 2nd interlude - The song takes me back to my childhood days- playing Kannamoochi (used to pronounce it as KannamBoochi Surprised ) ,Snakes & Ladders etc. with the 'pakathu veetu' kids, returning late from school after an intense session of 'catch and catch' and getting yelled at by mom for being 'irresponsible', being forced to join Paattu class and faking throat problems (Tonsils valikkudhu Very Happy ) to escape those 'Sa Pa Sa' lessons - thank you IR for taking me back to those simpler times.

vicks

Back to top Go down

Post  kv Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Was listening to rasmE ulfat by Madanmohan:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UxMW7klhq_U

It so naturally flowed into our man's 'ennullil engO':
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnZ2gPfkxoo&feature=player_detailpage
    kv
    kv

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:52 pm

IR's BGM, title score endru oru thread start seiyalam...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoyzaod0gNo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwnZ2DG-sO8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsrvOpbob-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Exv4MECE8

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:19 pm

kv wrote:Was listening to rasmE ulfat by Madanmohan:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UxMW7klhq_U

It so naturally flowed into our man's 'ennullil engO':
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnZ2gPfkxoo&feature=player_detailpage
    Yes, but the MadanMohan song has a ghazal like flavor and ennuLLil has a carnatic flavor... Are they equivalent raagams  ?

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:27 pm

kiru,
     rasm E Ulfat  - interludes.. Dharmavati madhiiri dhan iruku........ ennulae .. Dharmavathi dhanae...

Ghazal type.. Carnatic type... enna oru bhavam.......IR's Composition. always based on the Nativity and the character...

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:34 am

Eera Vizhi KaviyangaL was affecting me a lot. Hence wrote on En Ganam Indru ArangErum in the blog today. Also completed 4 months of daily writing Smile
    Drunkenmunk
    Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:11 am

Nice post DM. One of my favourites as well. No one could have sung this the way Raja has. And as usual, a vintage IR bass guitar trip all the way.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:13 am

Also interesting to see this song has more than 30k views on youtube now! Not great, but considering its obscurity, I would have expected only a couple of thousand. More people are waking up to EVK?

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:32 am

fring151 wrote:Also interesting to see this song has more than 30k views on youtube now! Not great, but considering its obscurity, I would have expected only a couple of thousand. More people are waking up to EVK?
    Precisely my thoughts too! Made me glad. Kadhal Panpadu and Kanavil Midhakkum (oh boy what a song! makes me weak on the knees to even think of that) have 9K and 6K hits only. Kind of interesting this song has touched a lot of them. I would have expected less than 10K for this too but surprisingly it has got 4 times the number of hits. Shows the kind of true pathos that wrenches the heart finds an audience everywhere. Also, no dislikes for En Ganam and Kanavil Midhakkum. Considering there are at least a couple of crackpots to dislike every IR song, this is interesting Smile Not that the likes in youtube matter, infested with trolls, as it is.
    Drunkenmunk
    Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:19 am

Lol. Last I checked, the Lajja BGM had zero dislikes and 100+likes. Looks like someone has crawled out of the woodwork to dislike that too. Smile 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeERcZt1LMw

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:13 pm

fring151 wrote:Lol. Last I checked, the Lajja BGM had zero dislikes and 100+likes. Looks like someone has crawled out of the woodwork to dislike that too. Smile 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeERcZt1LMw
    LOUUU choose panninavangala irukkum..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next