Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

+38
counterpoint
krraju82
rajaclan
baroque
Shank
crimson king
MH
Drunkenmunk
irir123
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
D22_Malar
vicks
fring151
Punnaimaran
endrum_raja
Usha
raghav316
kamalaakarsh
rajkumarc
skr
writeface
Sakalakala Vallavar
groucho070
Wizzy
mythila
sagi
kiru
SenthilVinu
sheepChase
plum
Bala (Karthik)
Admin
Raaga_Suresh
app_engine
jaiganesh
V_S
kv
42 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1 - Page 14 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

Post  writeface Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:53 am

This song from "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" is a must listen!! 

https://soundcloud.com/raja4ever/hires-aedhaedhojannmatthin

Gokul

writeface

Back to top Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1 - Page 14 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

Post  kiru Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:33 am

writeface wrote:This song from "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" is a must listen!! 

https://soundcloud.com/raja4ever/hires-aedhaedhojannmatthin

Gokul
 One can just listen to the pallavi and be done with listening to any music in the world.. The subtle use of a male chorus which lurks in the shadows in the beginning, gone for in the middle and starts just a line before the anupallavi and peaks in the end .. what a touch.The heart rending effect is done by now.... Awesome. Thanks Gokul

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  vicks Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:11 am

stumbled across this stunner of a song:
https://soundcloud.com/nagsnathan/nillatha-vennila_very-rare-2

as usual, cut from the movie Embarassed

vicks

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Thanks Gokul for reminding the TTLS song, a personal favorite of mine among IR's post 2000 works, like both KJY's and SheelaMony's versions. A really heart rending song as aptly pointed out by Kiru, the effect produced by that male chorus is stunning cheers 

Vicks - Thanks a ton for the Nillatha Vennila song from Aanazhagan, easily the find of the year for me cheers

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:49 pm

Thanks to @kavi_rt on twitter got to listen to this album for the first time. Kavi had linked 'panpadum thamaraiye'. What a song it is !! Then I heard the album and it has so many more super songs. 

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/album/T0002830.html

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:28 pm

rajkumarc wrote:Thanks Gokul for reminding the TTLS song, a personal favorite of mine among IR's post 2000 works, like both KJY's and SheelaMony's versions. A really heart rending song as aptly pointed out by Kiru, the effect produced by that male chorus is stunning cheers 

Vicks - Thanks a ton for the Nillatha Vennila song from Aanazhagan, easily the find of the year for me cheers
KJY sounds 'aged' in the tamil version (I think he was not is good health during that time) and Sheela Mony pales in comparison to Chitra in the malayalam version (I went back and listened to the tamil version wondering how I missed it earlier) BTW, more and more IR goes to Hungary, the better should be your audio system to reproduce the songs. As you are aware, classical music lovers in USA/Europe really go to concerts to listen to electronically unamplified acoustic pleasure. Only in live concerts, IR's listeners are getting an idea of the grandeur/scale of his orchestration. (tidbit - listen/watch Megha trailers - IR almost conducts while singing. this is going to be an awesome album.. for sure.. NEPV version 2.0 or 5.0 :-) )

(I think IR should buy a flat in Hungary :-) )

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:34 pm

kiru wrote:KJY sounds 'aged' in the tamil version (I think he was not is good health during that time) and Sheela Mony pales in comparison to Chitra in the malayalam version (I went back and listened to the tamil version wondering how I missed it earlier)
Never knew Chitra sang the Malayalam version, should get to that first, thanks Kiru. As for KJY, his later show his age but somehow there is a warmth in his voice that I love and I tend to ignore the age factor Smile. I preferred KJY's rendition of En Iniye Pon Nilave in the Chennai concert to Karthik's rendition of the same in NJ concert even though the latter sang it wonderfully.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Last Saturday I was listening to UthirpookkaL background score hosted by IR Mafias (thanks a  lot to them). It was an emotional breakdown. The score, the songs all were running continuously inside me even when I could not get a chance after that to listen to them again during the weekend. Of all the songs, this one is knocking me to the core even after two hectic days. The main reason being Maestro's unadulterated voice and singing as a mother.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:34 pm

Nice share of 'yEh, indha poongAththu thAlAtta' of UP!

mikka nanRi, V_Sji!

Interesting to see that GA is credited for this song on a separate slide in the titles Smile

This way, GA gets the unique credit of being associated with Mahendran in all his four good-great-successful movies!

muLLum malarum - rAman ANdAlum & niththam niththam

uthirippookkaL - yEh indhappoongAththu thAlAtta (had I known before, this would have made into his top 100)

nenjaththaikkiLLAdhE - uRavenum, yE thenRalE and Embarassed mummy pEru mAri

Johny - oru iniya manadhu, senO ritA, Asaiya kAththula, kAtRil endhan geetham

Fantastic record!

(Of course, GA had written for other Mahendran movies too but they are not the director's best IMHO)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:39 pm

app_engine wrote:
uthirippookkaL - yEh indhappoongAththu thAlAtta (had I known before, this would have made into his top 100)
Please complete the thread with #101 Smile and rename the title as 101 top songs of GA Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:41 pm

V_S wrote:
app_engine wrote:
Please complete the thread with #101 :)and rename the title as 101 top songs of GA Smile
Good idea Smile

It'll also give an opportunity to muse on that great movie Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:13 pm

Thanks V_S for posting about Uthiri Pookal title song. Listening to this song always brings out an inexplicable feeling of sadness mainly because it makes me replay the various movie scenes in mind. In addition to Maestro's rustic voice the way the song ends with that melancholic female voice humming along with visuals focusing on a fabulous sunset, it's all a precursor to the heart rending events that unfold in the movie.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:24 pm

Have been listening to Artha Raathiri from Urangaatha Ninaivugal non-stop over the weekend. This was from IR's Rare Collections CD with great audio quality. 

This is a perfect song to listen full blast on a nice audio system (of course not with family around due to the erotic nature of the song). Fantastic prelude with male vocals by DrKalyan I guess and the interludes were outstanding especially the 2nd one. Amazing rendition by SJ and can't think of anyone else capable of doing justice to this genre. Overall a terrific song that I discovered only lately.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:25 am

rajkumarc wrote:In addition to Maestro's rustic voice the way the song ends with that melancholic female voice humming along with visuals focusing on a fabulous sunset, it's all a precursor to the heart rending events that unfold in the movie.
Oh! I missed that female humming. I rewinded again and again and even watched the first part of the movie, but could not get that piece. Can you please explain where it is?

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:21 am

Found the female humming. Smile  Wonderful extension to the song. I have it in my collection, but it is not in the movie I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:24 am

V_S wrote:Found the female humming. Smile  Wonderful extension to the song. I have it in my collection, but it is not in the movie I believe.
Yeah, I was going to send you the audio clip. I remember seeing it in the visuals in my DVD copy of the movie. The video clip from Columbia Pictures is probably missing it.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:30 pm

rajkumarc wrote:
V_S wrote:Found the female humming. Smile  Wonderful extension to the song. I have it in my collection, but it is not in the movie I believe.
Yeah, I was going to send you the audio clip. I remember seeing it in the visuals in my DVD copy of the movie. The video clip from Columbia Pictures is probably missing it.
Maybe it was just my imagination relating the humming to the visuals. I didn't find that humming in my DVD copy either. Sorry VS Sad

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:51 pm

No problem, may be it's not in the film version. I have the version, will share it tonight. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:12 pm

Hear this song on "stereo" in the following link before watching the "mono" one on youtube below:

vetta veLi pottalilE MP3 link from a new site called tamilmusica.org

Watch the Vijayakanth fun on youtube (especially his 'dhidukkidal' in the 2nd interlude is LOL):

What an effort by rAsA for a masAlA movie, nalla nAL (1984) Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:45 pm

app,
  IR's Reallity.. idhula Ghost kuda  ozhunga , porupa than paadum. Discipline........... kanna pinna nu alaiyadhu..........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:25 am

Usha wrote:app,
  IR's Reallity.. idhula Ghost kuda  ozhunga , porupa than paadum. Discipline........... kanna pinna nu alaiyadhu..........
I like this comment :-)

Nothing big can be achieved without discipline. Young people might work hard in fits and bouts, but you need to work hard in an organized way. KJY in his felicitation function mentioned Raja's music did not happen easily. He worked so hard, learning WCM, carnatic etc even while working as a MD. I dont mean to sermonize, this is a note to my self as well.

(@app - yes very good recording in that movie. Is that cello ? that is the only thing that sounded weird)

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:17 pm

kiru,
 Thank u....... indha list il.. inum oru paatu.

vaadagai veedidhu........ VJ and Mano. Paadatha theneekal

enna oru discipliine....... to the core...........  very very Great one..........

thathara  thathara...... enna oru chorus....... always haunting. lovely one..........

Beats....  Laya Raja........

Instrumentaton.................. Reallly Great.........

http://www.raaga.com/player4/?id=265649&mode=100&rand=0.6230749292299151

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Today listening to this lovely :

http://www.sylvianism.com/2013/09/05/projekt-ilaiyaraaja-220365-vaanampadi/

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Raaga_Suresh wrote:Today listening to this lovely :

http://www.sylvianism.com/2013/09/05/projekt-ilaiyaraaja-220365-vaanampadi/
naan adha pathi exactly oru maasam mundhi ezhudhinEn Smile

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/2013/08/05/74-as-the-bird-flies/
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:48 pm

Not to be missed song & blog post:
oru ooril oru maharANi

the clap

கிட்டார் கர்ஜனை!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next