Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

+38
counterpoint
krraju82
rajaclan
baroque
Shank
crimson king
MH
Drunkenmunk
irir123
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
D22_Malar
vicks
fring151
Punnaimaran
endrum_raja
Usha
raghav316
kamalaakarsh
rajkumarc
skr
writeface
Sakalakala Vallavar
groucho070
Wizzy
mythila
sagi
kiru
SenthilVinu
sheepChase
plum
Bala (Karthik)
Admin
Raaga_Suresh
app_engine
jaiganesh
V_S
kv
42 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1 - Page 11 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

Post  plum Sat May 11, 2013 6:30 am

nAnE oru semi TMS hater dhAn and not a fan of andhapurathil oru maharani etc but for this song and this situation, TMS is awesome. There is the characteristic open-mouthed gaNeerness(inappopriate) at moments but I cant imagine this in Balu or Jesu's voice.

plum

Back to top Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1 - Page 11 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

Post  app_engine Sat May 11, 2013 6:37 am

50-lum desire varum is pure TMS territory Smile I love it (but love the interludes much more).
IR-TMS combo bestest is 'endhan pon vaNNamE' - can't imagine others in that song!
But not a big fan of nEramidhu singing Embarassed Love the prelude & interludes though!
nEramidhu was one of the reasons for IR-TMS breakup IIRC...rAsA himself was not happy I think...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Sun May 12, 2013 5:32 am

TMS hater laam illeenga. BW vera, color vera. Btw, not even sure I liked the tune. It's like the tune was for TMS. Same goes for 50-lum. "Raaja, that was very un-dude like"

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Mon May 13, 2013 5:08 am

Bala (Karthik) wrote:TMS hater laam illeenga. BW vera, color vera. Btw, not even sure I liked the tune. It's like the tune was for TMS. Same goes for 50-lum. "Raaja, that was very un-dude like"

hmm.. my fav singers are PBS, PS then and later KJY, Chitra. But I still liked nEramidhu. Inspite of some of our preferences and inclinations TMS is a legend. Yes, IR has created the tune specifically for Sivaji/TMS. But there are nice curves in the tune and at times TMS picks up at a low level and goes smooth...especially the point mentioned by Jai - nee peRRA piLLaiyin.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon May 13, 2013 3:49 pm

kiru wrote:
Bala (Karthik) wrote:Neramidhu didn't work at all, thanks in no small measure to TMS and PS. Liked Mazhai Varuvadhu

Kiru
I had the same question. Shanugapriya illaiyo? Or is it?

Bala, I cannot identify raagams. Whenever I see a similarity I post here or consult my xls file. Apparently, thakida thathimi from salangai oLi is shanmugapriya. I am not sure I can see the similarity between the two, even though tune has been set in very similar style (in terms of note progression).
BTW, whats your point about nEramithu ?

kiru and Bala... ragam.. Natabhairavi......

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Tue May 14, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks Usha, will give a listen to some songs in this raagam for a while.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue May 14, 2013 1:00 pm

kiru,
Vel ramanan chart.. mazhai varuvadhu.. NataBhairavi nu sollalai..... vera oru friend sonnar......

vel Chart il irukum Natabhairavi.. IR songs... as below.......

Natabhairavi | S R2 G2 M1 P D1 N2 S | S N2 D1 P M1 G2 R2 S
Natabhairavi Aa Devarilli Maaguvaa - Boomi Geetha (Kannada)
Natabhairavi Aazha Kadalil Thediya Muthu - Sattam En Kaiyil
Natabhairavi Aaraaro Paattu Paada - Pondaatti Thevai (what a gem)
Natabhairavi Aasaiya Kathula Thoodhu Vittu Johny
Natabhairavi Aathu Metula Gramathu Athiyaayam
Natabhairavi Aattin karayorathe Rasathanthram (Malayalam)
Natabhairavi Andhi Mazhai Megam Nayagan
Natabhairavi Azhaghi Vara Soru Thara Uliyin Osai
Natabhairavi Bavani Varugira Ponnar Sankar
Natabhairavi En Iniya Pon Nilaave Moodupani
Natabhairavi Endhan Kannil Yezhulangal Guru
Natabhairavi Engirundho Ilamkuyilin Brahma (Charanam touches Ni3, a typical IR move !)
Natabhairavi Hey I Love You Unnai Naan Sandhithen (music far ahead of its times)
Natabhairavi Hey Indhira Oorvasiya Aduthaathu Albert
Natabhairavi Ilamaikor Vegam Undu Oru Naal Oru Kanavu
Natabhairavi Ilampani Thuli Vizhum Neram Aaradhanai (trace touches of Ni3)
Natabhairavi Indha Kadal Seiyum Velai Kangalin Vaarthaigal
Natabhairavi Kaalai Nera Raagamae Raasave Unna Nambi
Natabhairavi Kaatukili Kaatukili Karagaatakari
Natabhairavi Kaatule Kambangaatile Raajakumaran (a casually set sweet tune)
Natabhairavi Kaadhal Neethaana Time
Natabhairavi Kannae Navamaniye Unna Kaanaama En Bommukutty Ammaavukku
Natabhairavi Kannan Vandhu Paadugindraan Rettai Vaal Kuruvi
Natabhairavi Kuyile Kuyile Kuyilakka En Bommukutty Ammaavukku
Natabhairavi Maama Un Ponna Kodu Rajadhi Raaja
Natabhairavi Madai Thiranthu Nizhalgal
Natabhairavi Manadaase Hakkiyaagi Nammura Mandaara Hoove (Kannada)
Natabhairavi Mandram Vandha Thendrallukku Mouna Ragam (touches Ni3 and D2)
Natabhairavi Maniye Mani Kuyile Nadodi Thendral
Natabhairavi Muthirai Ippodhu Kuthidu Thappaadhu Uzhaipaali
Natabhairavi Neramidhu Neramidhu Nenjiloru Paatezhudha Rishimoolam
Natabhairavi Oh Butterfly Butterfly Meera (touches D2 in charanams)
Natabhairavi Oorellam Samiyaga Deiva Vaaku
Natabhairavi Oorurangum Nerathil Kanna Unai Thedugiren
Natabhairavi Oru Naal Dhevadhai
Natabhairavi Panam Mattum Vazhkaiya Solla Marandha Kadhai
Natabhairavi Pani Vizhum Iravu Mouna Ragam
Natabhairavi Pudhu Rootula Thaan Meera
Natabhairavi Putham Pudhu Kalai Alaigal Oiyvathilai
Natabhairavi Raaku Muthu Raaku Yejamaan
Natabhairavi Sangeetha Megam Udhaya Geedham
Natabhairavi Sheeradi Nadhanin - Baba Pugazh Maalai
Natabhairavi Sola Ilankuyilae Azhaga Tholirangum Kaviriyae Annanukku Je
Natabhairavi Solli Vidu Vellinilavae Amaidhi Padai
Natabhairavi Thalaattu Maari Ponadhe Unnai Naan Sandhithen
Natabhairavi Then Madurai Vaigai Nadhi Dharmathin Thalaivan
Natabhairavi Then Paandi Seemayilae Nayagan
Natabhairavi Thulli Thirindhadhoru Endrum Anbudan (a staggeringly simple classic)
Natabhairavi Unna Nambi Nethiyilae Chittukkuruvi
Natabhairavi Vinnar Amudhe - Baba Pugazh Maalai
Natabhairavi Vizhiyilae Malarndhadhu - Bhuvana Oru Kelvikkuri (a classic song)

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Punnaimaran Wed May 15, 2013 10:41 am

Awesome post Plum.

Nice songs in RM and though I'm not particularly fond of the voice of TMS, I like the நேரமிது song in his voice the other being தில்லை அம்பல நடராஜா. My favourite pastime in my teens was to imagine the TMS songs and play them in my mind with SPB's or KJY's voice. Laughing But PS's voice in நேரமிது or any other number is என் செவிகளில் தேன் !!
Punnaimaran
Punnaimaran

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed May 22, 2013 6:06 pm

'sikkunnu izhukkudhu chittAnchinukku' of vAthiyAr veettuppiLLai, from the KSC CD given by V_Sji (I guess from the "finders keepers" kind of label)...

Once upon a time I included this song in the SPB-IR thread as #314 being a familiar hit based on bus listens. On that post, however, I didn't write much about the song at all - I was writing more of "interesting incidents in life" those days than about songs themselves Embarassed (BTW, that post should dispel the myth that TN-ers are humorless people as alleged by JeMo).

I've been listening to this a few times in car rides in the last few weeks and found some peculiarities...

a) Perhaps the #1 performance by KSC in the "mukkal-munagal" category

b) Perhaps the #last performance by SPB in the same category. (He appears to sneer at the lady, total disinterest etc, as if it were a song in which a 50 yr old man gets irritated with a vidalaippeN showing interest in him...just listen to his eLLal "ennAngadA dEi" in the end and compare it with the "high-enthu" versions of the same phrase by KSC)

c) I reiterate, rAsA would have composed it in 5 min Embarassed (melody / orch / everything) and recorded it in one morning session.

d) Despite all the above, I keep listening to the song repeatedly and like it Shocked That is the most peculiar thing about this song Smile

To listen to the song : http://thiraiisaipaadal.com/index.php?action=song&array=yes&id=4704

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu May 23, 2013 12:16 pm

app,
neenga kodutha link work agalai.. vera link la indha paatai kaeten.

http://shakthi.fm/ta/album/show/6dcf529f

super song...... lady voice yar nu theiryalaiyae.. KC ilainu thonaradhu.

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:30 am

Love theme from Mahanadhi. Acoustic guitar and Ilayaraja = Treat for the gods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSuSwpeS49Y

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:53 pm

sengaathu bhoomiyilE soundtrack on loop. Songs I love the most. sikkikichu sikkikichu, kaathiruppEn kaathiruppEn, en usuru ennai vittu pOnaalum, thiruvizha songs wonderful trip down memory lane. Nothing comes closer to en usuru ennai vittu pOnaalum in terms of oppaari. noteworthy That haunting non-rhythmic rhythm pattern, guitar, violins and singing squeezes our heart. kaathiruppEn kaathiruppEn a straight free-flowing melody significant to pouring out all emotions of a girl.
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/album/T0003050.html

sikkikichu a divine and innocent folk melody which brings us under palm/coconut trees and mango/banyan shades. First time seeing the video. I was thinking it was a duet of two couples as we can hear four singers, but surprisingly it is A duet which makes me think why Raja used four singers?

So soulful soundtrack so undeserving-ly lost in time.

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:13 pm

Chanced upon the songs from the Kannada film Bharjari Bete. Anywhere to listen to them in good quality? The songs have stunning bass score. High time somebody writes about Raaja's Kannada gems. I know a few songs from Telugu/Mal, many from Hindi but almost zero when it comes to his Kannada works.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Nerd wrote:Chanced upon the songs from the Kannada film Bharjari Bete. Anywhere to listen to them in good quality? The songs have stunning bass score. High time somebody writes about Raaja's Kannada gems. I know a few songs from Telugu/Mal, many from Hindi but almost zero when it comes to his Kannada works.
Raaja's early kannada works are of top most draw in his creativity - thanks to his guru bhakti to GKV - he rewarded every collaborator of GKV with some mighty scores and Shankar Nag was one such collaborator.. Also dig out Shikari and Nanna neenu gellalaare.. GEMS any way u look at them.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:46 am

Thanks Jai.

This --> http://t.co/nfaIV1AYvu

Is

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:22 am

Nerd wrote:Thanks Jai.

Nerd - Check out Janma Janma Anubandha as well - Yaava Shilpi & Tangalli are mind blowing compositions. Jai introduced them to me as well (Hub days I think) and I can never thank him enough Smile

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks bro. Mind-la vechikkiren Very Happy

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  writeface Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:54 pm

What a song!

Ingeyum Angeyum from Sathya

http://soundcloud.com/nagsnathan/ingeyum-angeyum_rare_ilayaraja

writeface

Back to top Go down

Post  writeface Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:45 pm

Lovely song.. Out of the blue I recalled this song..

writeface

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:52 am

writeface wrote:Lovely song.. Out of the blue I recalled this song..

Awesome.. a fun phrase for kids turned into a complete mature tune. People say the man does not teach or share his knowledge. He is always trying to teach us .. every song is a lesson, we are the ones not learning but always trying to only have fun with the song.
BTW, that soundcloud made me listen to 'naan undhan thaayaga vendum' .. what a song .. what lyrics .. that movie (ullaasa paravaigal) is musical blockbuster and a festival for bass lines !!!

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Om shivOham - Nannavanu. SPB, chorus, rhythm top class.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:24 pm

'வா வெளியே இளம் பூங்குயிலே' of pAdu nilAvE is often on repeat nowadays on the van, thanks to the terrific-sound-quality-CD given by V_Sji!

WOW, what a song!

That 'ma-ga-sa, ma-ga-sa' by KSC is the definition of palAchchuLai soaked in honey! That whole swara portion is a riot - with SPB & KSC making it sound so simple Smile

Lot of Embarassed feeling that this song didn't get featured in the SPB-IR series due to my "not-having-prior-experience" factor Embarassed

A song that I shouldn't have missed at the time it came out...The switch from tablA to drums in the second saraNam is so seamless and enjoyable and so is the first interlude with brass / strings! Actually, the whole song gets such a terrific effect due to strings in the appropriate places - an IR speciality!

(BTW, mike Mohan is atrocious in the video that I've checked out on youtube this morning. OTOH, Nadhiya is tolerable with her sOgamAna mugam).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:26 pm

App ji,
I think you have covered today's Rex clue (365RajaQuiz ) in GA thread. If not you might want to include, what a gem of a song. Looping continuously.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:26 pm

illeenga Embarassed

I've covered this in the SPB-IR series, however Wink

I have a small problem with the first word (not very big, minor - but still it's the very first word Embarassed) & that's why it may not fit well where we are highlighting the lyrical capabilities of GA Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Smile No problem. The charanam lines are well made by GA with some great word plays.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next