Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

+28
BC
pgramss
sudhakarg
raagakann
Usha
kiru
kameshratnam
Shank
nanjilaan
Raaga_Suresh
jaiganesh
rajkumarc
kamalaakarsh
irfan123
irir123
rajaclan
Drunkenmunk
Wizzy
Hmm
crimson king
ravinat
IsaiRasigan
panniapurathar
V_S
mythila
ank
Sakalakala Vallavar
app_engine
32 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 - Page 12 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  app_engine Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:24 pm

In an earlier post, I asked the question about this Achille Forler and now I got the answer, thanks to SKV Smile

app_engine wrote:@raaga_suresh shared this link on twitter:
https://spicyip.com/2017/03/the-ilayaraja-spb-copyright-dispute-why-the-big-fuss.html

Smile

BTW, who is this Achille Forler who goes to every site / article and comment that IR should employ a good US lawyer?

Of course, he appears to be knowledgeable on this topic and KR / Pradeep / IR-team members should contact such people for consultancy!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 - Page 12 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  app_engine Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:30 pm

அற்புதமான இசையை எழுதி உருவாக்கும் ஒரு உன்னதக்கலைஞன் தன்னுடைய உரிமைக்காக எப்படியெல்லாம் அல்லாட வேண்டியிருக்கிறது என்பதைப்பார்க்கையில் கண்ணீர் வருகிறது Sad

அது மட்டுமல்ல, அதற்கான முயற்சியில் என்னவெல்லாம் பேச்சுக்கேட்க வேண்டியிருக்கிறது - கண்ட கண்ட உதவாக்கரைகள் எல்லாம் வாய்க்கு வந்தபடி பேசுவதும் கைக்கு வந்தபடி எழுதுவதும்...

எப்படிப்பட்ட நாற்றம் பிடித்த இழிவான சமுதாயத்தில் நாம் வாழ்கிறோம் என்று எண்ணவைக்கும் நிகழ்வுகள் இவை!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Malayalam MDs seem to be the sole group in that state supporting IR:
http://www.manoramanews.com/news/entertainment/2017/03/28/bijibal-support-ilayaraja.html

Well, they have come out open in support, which is nice - unlike TN MD fellows who are playing hide and seek!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:18 pm

app_engine wrote:In an earlier post, I asked the question about this Achille Forler and now I got the answer, thanks to SKV Smile

app_engine wrote:@raaga_suresh shared this link on twitter:
https://spicyip.com/2017/03/the-ilayaraja-spb-copyright-dispute-why-the-big-fuss.html

Smile

BTW, who is this Achille Forler who goes to every site / article and comment that IR should employ a good US lawyer?

Of course, he appears to be knowledgeable on this topic and KR / Pradeep / IR-team members should contact such people for consultancy!

One of the biggest weaknesses of IR is administration. The Hindu article shows that he still does not have his ducks in a row. There is not much teeth to his court order in reality. Even if he won a case, there appears no simple way to implement the law.

As all of us know, there is no authoritative database of his works, its ownership and proper registration into databases which are considered references. Unfortunately, he did not run his music like an enterprise. I am not sure, if he has enough supporting documentation and records to push his claim further.

This was my fear about IR being able to see a logical end to this dispute.

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:40 pm

ravinat wrote:

One of the biggest weaknesses of IR is administration. The Hindu article shows that he still does not have his ducks in a row. There is not much teeth to his court order in reality. Even if he won a case, there appears no simple way to implement the law.

As all of us know, there is no authoritative database of his works, its ownership and proper registration into databases which are considered references. Unfortunately, he did not run his music like an enterprise. I am not sure, if he has enough supporting documentation and records to push his claim further.

This is exactly what I also have been thinking. After all the apparent legal-bounds (IR side), are there any loose ends and loopholes which will defeat his case? if there are, then it means Raaja will be losing the case legally and also he will be losing his friendship (or did he, already?). 

On a related note - did anyone check the comment on this page where a facebook comment by Mrs. Seetha Ratnkar was quoted- https://spicyip.com/2017/03/the-ilayaraja-spb-copyright-dispute-why-the-big-fuss.html#comment-73548

"a patriotic song JAYA JAYA JAYA PRIYA BHARATHA which was composed by my mother VINJAMURI ANASUYA DEVI in 1936 for a college function in
Kakinada. The lyrics were written by my great uncle Padmabhushan Devulapalli Krishna Sastri. On further probing and information received from friends I found out that it was originally used by Ilaya Raja in a film titled RAKSHASUDU. Neither was permission taken to use the tune nor was any royalty paid. Worse still, not even an acknowledgement was made and when you search YouTube for the song, it comes up as his music and sung by S. Janaki. I am going to upload the old mono recording of the song by my mother and aunt recorded many , many years ago. Our family remained silent because we did not know how to fight this injustice but I feel it is time to make this information public now as my mother is 97 years old and it will mean a lot to her to be acknowledged for her creative work by the gentleman who strongly advocates intellectual property rights. I wonder who gave him the right to use her tune ??? Not my mother!!!
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:32 pm

kamalaakarsh wrote:
JAYA JAYA JAYA PRIYA BHARATHA

Doesn't matter who did it - if the rights were violated, it is definitely wrong! If it was IR who had to pay compensation, he has to do it!

I believe he will agree, if the claim is substantiated.

Not like some hypocrites who will try to put up a humble / honest / straight forward face in public but do all kinds of scheming behind the scenes Smile

In case IR acts rude to any such truthful claims, we shouldn't and won't defend him either Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:36 pm

kamalaakarsh wrote:
ravinat wrote:

This is exactly what I also have been thinking. After all the apparent legal-bounds (IR side), are there any loose ends and loopholes which will defeat his case? if there are, then it means Raaja will be losing the case legally and also he will be losing his friendship (or did he, already?). 

On a related note - did anyone check the comment on this page where a facebook comment by Mrs. Seetha Ratnkar was quoted- https://spicyip.com/2017/03/the-ilayaraja-spb-copyright-dispute-why-the-big-fuss.html#comment-73548

"a patriotic song JAYA JAYA JAYA PRIYA BHARATHA which was composed by my mother VINJAMURI ANASUYA DEVI in 1936 for a college function in
Kakinada. The lyrics were written by my great uncle Padmabhushan Devulapalli Krishna Sastri. On further probing and information received from friends I found out that it was originally used by Ilaya Raja in a film titled RAKSHASUDU. Neither was permission taken to use the tune nor was any royalty paid. Worse still, not even an acknowledgement was made and when you search YouTube for the song, it comes up as his music and sung by S. Janaki. I am going to upload the old mono recording of the song by my mother and aunt recorded many , many years ago. Our family remained silent because we did not know how to fight this injustice but I feel it is time to make this information public now as my mother is 97 years old and it will mean a lot to her to be acknowledged for her creative work by the gentleman who strongly advocates intellectual property rights. I wonder who gave him the right to use her tune ??? Not my mother!!!
Yes Kamal. The song is very popular in Telugu land, as you'd be aware. The film credits the lyricist and the rights are with HMV Saregama (Jai told me this). So their legal claim is weak there though they do have a moral claim. I'm quite sure if the matter is brought to Raaja's notice, he'd be glad to give them a cheque if they own the legal claim over royalty. I have not seen Raaja claim ownership over this song. He just says all songs he has created are his and he owns their copyright.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:18 pm

IR, I think, will face challenges on certain albums for which companies like HMV Saregama hold rights. Earlier, I was told, we could not release re-mastered versions of his songs, because Oriental Records had the rights to publish on CDs. I think that is why he is going after other mediums like radio/TV/phones/live performances.
It is also possible certain producers might challenge Raja because they paid him upfront and were the ones who sold the rights to other publishers. But I think he has been successful in letting AgiMusic publish first and then pull him off Spotify.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:23 pm

There might also be a time limit for which you can hold the copyrights. I think it is probably 30 years. For eg. Sony has lost the rights to the CD technology.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:31 pm

kiru wrote:There might also be a time limit for which you can hold the copyrights. I think it is probably 30 years. For eg. Sony has lost the rights to the CD technology.

From what I read / heard from the discussions related to the latest row, it appears the music writer holds it for his lifetime plus 60 years after iRappu (for the progeny to get the benefits from the property).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:06 pm

எதிர்க்கட்சி என்று கள்ள மௌனம் வழியே நிரூபிக்கும் கூட்டம்

‘‘இசையமைப்பாளருக்கான காப்புரிமை பற்றி இப்போது பரவலாகப் பேசுகிறார்கள். அதைப் பற்றி உங்களின் கருத்து என்ன?’’ என்றதும், ‘‘எங்கே இன்னும் கேட்கவில்லை என நினைத்தேன்’' என்று சிரித்தவர், ‘‘அந்தச் சட்ட விதிகள் என்ன சொல்கின்றன என்று ரிசர்ச் செய்து பார்க்க வேண்டும். அவற்றைப் பற்றி எனக்கு ஒன்றுமே தெரியாது. பாடச் சொன்னால், வாசிக்கச் சொன்னால் நான்பாட்டுக்கு வாசித்துவிட்டு வந்துடுவேன். டாக்ஸ், ராயல்டி மாதிரியான கணக்குவழக்குகளைப் பற்றியெல்லாம் கேட்டால், எனக்குத் தலைசுற்ற ஆரம்பித்துவிடும். எல்லாவற்றையும் என் மனைவிதான் கவனிக்கிறார்’’ என்றபடி சிரிக்கிறார்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:32 pm

SV Sekar ridicules Vishal's claim of a forthcoming IR event which "will earn 100 cr" Laughing :
http://www.indiaglitz.com/sv-sekar-lists-the-reasons-for-why-he-opposes-vishal-team-in-producers-council-elections-tamil-news-182420.html

They have claimed that they will earn Rs.100 crores with (a concert) by Ilaiyaraja. I don’t know how much it will earn. Recently a similar event was held in USA and the organised incurred losses to the tune of Rs.6 crores. Today the prospects of music shows have changed. Ilaiyaraja is a genius, no doubt. But we should also see the business prospects of today.

If you want to earn Rs.100 crore, the show has to collect Rs.150 crores. For that you have to make all stars including Ajith and Vijay to participate. Even then you cannot collect such a big amount with a singular show. You have to conduct some 30 shows across the world, there are chances of earning such a big amount. I don’t how these things are possible.

While I'm not a fan of SV Sekar's politics (horrible in general), he is possibly correct with numbers in the portion above Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:42 pm

Ilaiyarajavai Patri sollum nalla vaarthaigal...
Manadhuku evvalavu sandhosham.......

Writer S.Ramakrishnan..
.unmai...

http://linkis.com/www.youtube.com/aACr8

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:27 pm

After winning producer council election, vishal who never acted in any raja music, even before talking/initiating any thing about producers welfare, has instead, come to prasad studios! And says producers council will conduct a Tribute (which rest of the industry and especially Cine Music Assocation failed to do) in a very grand national scale.. Interesting.

He says they are initiating the process and says even he doesnt know how grand it will be. Hope it materializes in right way!

we can see parthiban and prakashraj here, they along with misskin(who was part of vishal camp in producers election and stood for செயலாளார் பதவி but didnt win)  wud hav influenced vishal to take this initiation!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:28 pm

New book on TFM MD's, up to IR it seems:
திரை இசைத்திலகங்கள்

If anyone in TN gets this and finds some "unknown" thuNukku regarding IR, please post here Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:43 pm

Hindu article unhappy over IR-SPB issue getting media importance

இளையராஜா - எஸ்.பி.பி. பஞ்சாயத்து எனில் பரபரப்புப் பற்றிக்கொள்கிறது. சினிமா கலைஞர் களின் அந்தரங்கம் எனில் பரபரப்பு இன்னும் இரு மடங்கு அதிக மாகிறது

Blame it on SPB who unnecessarily brought it to cover-up his son's business. If not for his FB idiocy, no one would have bothered about it. (Of course even now IR doesn't comment on media. If not for those ridiculous comments on SPB-FB page, most IRFs wouldn't have cared either).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:50 pm

Yuvan showing displeasure by cutting association with Venkat / Premji as per this gossip

சித்தப்பா பெரியப்பா பசங்களுக்கு நடுவுல இப்படியொரு அட்டாச்மென்ட்டா? என்று வியக்கிற அளவுக்கு ஒண்ணுக்குள் ஒண்ணாகிக் கிடப்பது யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா, வெங்கட்பிரபு பிரதர்ஸ்சுக்கு உண்டு!
இதில் வெங்ஸ் பிரதர்ஸ், பல நேரங்களில் ‘ட்ரிங்ஸ்’ பிரதர்களாகவும் இருப்பதால், “வேணாம்டா கெட்ட சகவாசம்” என்று பலமுறை யுவனுக்கு கடிவாளம் கூட போட்டிருக்கிறார்கள் வீட்டில்.

அதையும் உடைத்துக் கொண்டு கூட்டுப் பலகாரம் தின்றவர் யுவன். இந்த அன்பு மலர்களுக்குள்தான் இப்போது காட்டுத் தீயாக பரவிவிட்டது கசப்பு. இளையராஜா எஸ்.பி.பி பிரச்சனையில் எஸ்.பி.பி பக்கம் நின்று குரல் கொடுத்துவிட்டார் கங்கை அமரன். இதில் அப்செட் ஆன யுவன், பேச்சு வார்த்தையை முற்றிலும் நிறுத்திவிட்டாராம்.

யுவனின் மியூசிக் கூடத்தில் பிரேம்ஜிக்கு பின்னணி இசையமைக்க வாய்ப்பளித்து வந்த யுவன், அதை மீண்டும் தொடர்வாரா என்பதுதான் இப்போதைய டவுட்!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:54 pm

தயாரிப்பாளர் சங்கம்

சொல்லுவதைச் செய்வார்களா என்று பொறுத்திருந்து பார்ப்போம் Wink

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:36 pm

IR attends Chandrahasan memorial, consoles Kamal:
http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/rajinikanth-consoles-kamal-haasan-with-a-hug-at-his-brother-chandra-haasans-memorial/

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:36 pm

"All is well" - series of FB posts by SPB
http://www.tamilwin.com/lifestyle/01/141944

நான் நலமுடன் இருக்கிறேன்: எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் தகவல்

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:31 am

Best Music Direction - Babu Padmanabha (Kannada film Allama)
ஆளாளுக்கு வாய் கிழிய பேசினாங்க, இப்போ என்னைய்யா ஆச்சு? கங்கை அமரனும்  ஜூரியும்  இப்போ மூஞ்சிய எங்க கொண்டு பொய் வெச்சுப்பாங்க? 10 பாட்டு போட்டாலும் ஒரே ஒரு பாட்டுக்குத்தான் அவார்டு என்கிற அசிங்கமான சமாளிப்பு வேற. என் இந்த டைம் மியூசிக் டைரக்ஷனுக்கு ஒரே ஒரு அவார்டு ? தனித்தனியா ஏன் ரெண்டு அவார்டு இல்ல? இதத்தானய்யா அவரு படிச்சு படிச்சு சொன்னாரு. http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/here-why-maestro-ilayaraja-skipped-national-film-awards-42713

Shameless awards and jury!!

Film Jukebox here for those who wish to listen. Good songs but not that great. It does not have any quality of film soul/ambience/songs!! You would be easily misguided that it is an devotional album. Not many know or understand the film soul and integrity nowadays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZw8pyFZ4Ow

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:15 am

http://newdhool.blogspot.in/2017/04/the-kings-treasuries-part-13.html

Nice write up from Saravanan........

Right from the opening humming, Jikki brings to life the myriad musings that the song evokes. How poignantly the longings of a love struck heart find portrayal in her caressing rendition! And Ilaiyaraja shows his class in style, for even as the lines are sung tenderly as they ought to be, he fills the interludes with hurried, suspense-filled moments as the angle shifts to the gang of the infuriated villagers marching towards Anu, while a lone flute brings us back to the pining girl waiting in the woods…

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:26 pm

V_S wrote:
Best Music Direction - Babu Padmanabha (Kannada film Allama)
ஆளாளுக்கு வாய் கிழிய பேசினாங்க, இப்போ என்னைய்யா ஆச்சு? கங்கை அமரனும்  ஜூரியும்  இப்போ மூஞ்சிய எங்க கொண்டு பொய் வெச்சுப்பாங்க? 10 பாட்டு போட்டாலும் ஒரே ஒரு பாட்டுக்குத்தான் அவார்டு என்கிற அசிங்கமான சமாளிப்பு வேற. என் இந்த டைம் மியூசிக் டைரக்ஷனுக்கு ஒரே ஒரு அவார்டு ? தனித்தனியா ஏன் ரெண்டு அவார்டு இல்ல? இதத்தானய்யா அவரு படிச்சு படிச்சு சொன்னாரு. http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/here-why-maestro-ilayaraja-skipped-national-film-awards-42713

Shameless awards and jury!!

Film Jukebox here for those who wish to listen. Good songs but not that great. It does not have any quality of film soul/ambience/songs!! You would be easily misguided that it is an devotional album. Not many know or understand the film soul and integrity nowadays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZw8pyFZ4Ow

they hav not removed best bgm category. instead they have given both to this MD. 50K for each award and this MD gets 1 lac for both awards.. we dunno how they will give next year
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  irir123 Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:51 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQz7iUUaWI0
irir123
irir123

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:16 pm

irir123 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQz7iUUaWI0

To me he appears genuine here (though other friends like rozavasanth feel he is lying).

That he got hurt (with vakkeel notice) and went ahead and posted in FB is also understandable (though it was immature to do that - but possibly puthrapAsam / necessity to save the upcoming shows made it mandatory).

However, the worst thing SPB did was to let crooks comment freely under his FB post - thus providing a platform for low-lives to bash IR. What's more, he even did "yes, yes" for some horrible comments.

That, clubbed with Charan's thimir interview / previous SPB speech on thookkuppOdal etc are things that make one question what this guy is truly inside Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next