Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA"

+15
[μsic]மாபியா
crimson king
BC
vss1902
al_gates
counterpoint
mythila
IsaiRasigan
jaiganesh
ravinat
Drunkenmunk
ank
Usha
app_engine
raagakann
19 posters

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

Any TN hits from "rAman adbullA"?

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 14 Vote_lcap0%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 14 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 14 Vote_lcap43%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 14 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 14 Vote_lcap0%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 14 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 14 Vote_lcap29%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 14 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 14 Vote_lcap14%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 14 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 14 Vote_lcap14%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 14 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 14 Empty Re: Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA"

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:12 pm

Adding hits from 'thenRal sudum"

#1149 oru rAjA en pinnOdu vandhAn (KSC-SPS duet, thenRal sudum)

What a lovely rhythm delight! This song and TN buses are made for each other Smile

#1150 dhoori dhoori (SJ with kids & PS solo - two versions, thenRal sudum)

Simple song with a catchy pallavi melody

#1151 kaNNammA kaNNammA (IR solo, thenRal sudum)
Lovely song that will haunt you for days after just one listen

Next poll for the album "thiruppu munai" (I remember this was one of the echo cassettes that very rarely got played in my system those days Embarassed  - IIRC, there was a "theme music" track in that - for some reason I wasn't much attracted to this album when it arrived). Let us hear from TN-ers :

oru nAl ninaivithu Mano / K.S.Chithra
iLamai ithu iNainthidum pOthu Mano / K.S.Chithra
adi yE puLLai yennenna angE irukku Mano / K.S.Chithra / Sunandha
ammAnnA summA illaidA ilaiyaRaaja

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 14 Empty Re: Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA"

Post  BC Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:43 am

Voted for Oru naal & Ammaannaa.  Both are hits.  The other 2 are never heard before.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:19 am

Adding those two hits :

#1152 oru nAL ninaividhu (KSC-Mano duet, thiruppu munai)
Fast paced duet with the rhythm by some new toy that IR got at this time (which got deployed in many songs, like 'iraNdum onROdu onRu sErndhadhu' of paNakkAran). For some reason, I didn't develop affinity to this song unlike the others orchestrated with this toy.

#1153 ammAnnA summA illadA (IR solo, thiruppu munai)
Famous number for which I developed affinity only much later. pAdal varigaL also rAsA Smile

I see "udhayam" in the list as the next album. As the director is Ram Gopal Varma I suspect this was a "Telugu dubbing" movie / album. Unlike idhayaththai thirudAdhE, I have never heard any of these songs before (i.e. the Thamizh ones).

Can someone confirm if the songs got played anywhere in TN outside of the theaters? If so, we can have a poll. If not, I will host poll for the next movie in the list.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:47 pm

Udhayam ... cable period.tamil version kaetu iruken.... mudhalil tamizhil dhan kaeten. piragu dhan video parthu telugu dubbing
endru therindhu konden..... adhanal poll vaikalam......

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:57 pm

Let us keep Udhayam out of the way for now Embarassed

At the minimum, it was not a salangai oli / sippikkuL muththu / idhayaththai thirudAdhE kind of overwhelmingly popular music that demands inclusion in our list.

I do hear some support - but it is not overwhelming one. It is possible the movie was a hit in big cities but I definitely didn't hear much noise in towns / villages / Kerala Wink

And, moving on to the next album that needs a poll for some songs (while I'm familiar with some).

vAthiyAr veettuppiLLai

sAru yAru namma ooru [Title Song] ilaiyaRaaja / Chorus
maNamAlaiyum manjaLum soodi S.P.Balasubramaniam
sikkunnu izhukuthu chittAnj chinukku S.P.Balasubramaniam / K.S.Chithra
thaiyarE thaiyaRe thaiyaA Malaysia Vasudevan
oru poonjchOlai ALAnathE S.P.Balasubramaniam / K.S.Chithra / Chorus
vAzhkkaiyilai kashtam vanthu [nEthu penjcha mazhaiyilE] S.P.Balasubramaniam
aNNanai vittu oru kalyANamA S.P.Balasubramaniam

Last edited by app_engine on Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:21 am; edited 3 times in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:17 am

app_engine wrote:Adding those two hits :

#1152 oru nAL ninaividhu (KSC-Mano duet, thiruppu munai)
Fast paced duet with the rhythm by some new toy that IR got at this time (which got deployed in many songs, like 'iraNdum onROdu onRu sErndhadhu' of paNakkAran). For some reason, I didn't develop affinity to this song unlike the others orchestrated with this toy.

#1153 ammAnnA summA illadA (IR solo, thiruppu munai)
Famous number for which I developed affinity only much later. pAdal varigaL also rAsA Smile

I see "udhayam" in the list as the next album. As the director is Ram Gopal Varma I suspect this was a "Telugu dubbing" movie / album. Unlike idhayaththai thirudAdhE, I have never heard any of these songs before (i.e. the Thamizh ones).

Can someone confirm if the songs got played anywhere in TN outside of the theaters? If so, we can have a poll. If not, I will host poll for the next movie in the list.

Udhayam is not a smash-hit album like it was in AP.  But definitely, Aadalgalo and Idhu neeyum naanum are surely hits.

BC

Usha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:21 am

Let me add hits of "vetRi vizhA" that does not need a poll, to keep the job running...

#1154 mARugO mARugO (KSC-SPB with chorus, vetRi vizhA)

KSC matching SPB in speed, energy and fun! Definition of a "racy" song! That fast paced rhythm which comes in like a flood is outrageous goose bumpy stuff!

#1155 vAnam enna keezhirukku (MV-SPB duet, vetRi vizhA)
Terrific song - rock'n'roll, IR style, something that he gave to KH between puthu mAppiLLaikku and rumbumbum, just more sophisticated - possibly because of Pratap Wink

#1156 seevi sinukkeduththu (SJ-MV duet, vetRi vizhA)

themmAngu with western wind instruments (because Prabhu runs a "band") - while making sure IR's favorite shehnAi has its prominent space!

#1157 poongAtRu un pEr solla (KSC-SPB duet, vetRi vizhA)

Classic rhythm arrangement with his new toys, inimitable IR style with a lovely melody and sweet breezy interludes / decent pAdal varigaL - all for Kamal-Amala combo.

#1158 thaththOm thaLAngu thaththOm  

Once again very innovative, fantastic rhythm arrangements / guitar hooks and what not - besides SJ's phenomenal singing with SPB!

What a fantastic album that vetRi vizhA is - to this day very popular!

app_engine

Usha likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:15 pm

Multiple sources confirm vAthiyAr veettuppiLLai album being a wholesale hit, except the title song.

When I was posting the IR-SPB hits, I talked about only 4 of them in the mayyam.com and unfortunately did not include the "vAzhkkaiyilE kashtam" song as I was personally not familiar with it. OTOH, the remaining 4 SPB songs were quite well-known to me and I had some interesting nostalgia tales in the posts for those songs.

If someone has access to that old forum, you can check these posts:

aNNanai vittu oru kalyANamA:
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB&s=4e6f51759e576e5cf485a7f9af608bfa&p=826347&viewfull=1#post826347

Incident of a crazy guy who refused to marry the girl on the wedding day - my brother was at their wedding and I met this couple later in our home Laughing  Let me reproduce a portion here :

app_engine on mayyam wrote:
It's not unusual for relatively dark TN boys to joLLufy relatively fair KL girls and get married. That way, this bride's elder sis / chEchi got married to a TN-er. Our groom saw the chEchi and agreed to the proposal to marry her younger sis it seems. He never saw / met the girl. Wedding was planned, invitations distributed (our family got one and my brother was sent). Wedding was in the girl's home and all crowd were there on the day and the groom's group arrived. My thambi too reached just about the same time. This was when the mAppiLLai actually saw the girl - who was not fair as her chEchi but very dark skinned - and was shocked and refused to sit in the maNappandhal, ran to upstairs of the building

There was total chaos and my brother watched the whole comedy scene. Finally, after the boy got convinced "somehow", the marriage took place.

sikkunnu izhukkudhu chittAn chinukku

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB&p=826825&viewfull=1#post826825
(story of my two co-workers who were roommates with a lot of comedy happening between them)

hEy oru poonjOlai ALAnadhE
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB&p=828185&viewfull=1#post828185
(story of one of "match-making" that I was involved in, resulting in a happy marriage)

maNamAlaiyum manjaLum soodi

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB&p=828256&viewfull=1#post828256
(story of a relative whose marriage ran into serious problem because of his paranoia - then got stabilized due to medical help)

Adding the songs to our hit-list:
#1159 maNamAlaiyum manjaLum soodi (SPB solo, vAthiyAr veettuppiLLai)
Sweet and melodious - this song has become a wedding special since its arrival in TN marriages

#1160 sikkunnu izhukkudhu chittAnchinukku (KSC-SPB duet, vAthiyAr veettuppiLLai)

I love that "ennAngadA dEi" - KSC was getting into a different mode here Smile

#1161 thaiyArE thaiyArE (MV solo, vAthiyAr veettuppiLLai)
Fun themmAngu, TN-ers confirm this was a big hit for this "100th film of Sathyaraj"

#1162 oru poonjOlai ALanadhE (KSC-SPB duet, vAthiyAr veettuppiLLai)

Lovely song with delectable rhythm arrangements

#1163 vAzhkkaiyilE kashtam vandhu (SPB solo, vAthiyAr veettuppiLLai)

Interesting "pathos" song, not familiar before but realize now (and why) this was popular in TN

#1164 aNNanai vittu oru kalyANamA (SPB solo, vAthiyAr veettuppiLLai)

Another very sweet number and I am surprised this is the only song with million plus hits for the video on YT - the movie itself has many YT's and together they have more than a million views. The movie too must have been popular when it arrived.

app_engine

BC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:44 pm

Summary / Statistics of IR's TFM hits, at the end of the calendar year 1989 :

YearCat A (Super Hits)Cat B (Hits)Cat C (Moderate Hits)Year Total
19815438N/A92
19827733N/A110
19835624N/A80
19846235N/A97
198510727N/A134
19867737N/A114
19876825N/A93
19884713N/A60
19898634N/A120
Total so far760334701164

That 1989 was a very successful year, going by the testimony of TN-ers but still a few numbers less compared to 1985.

Let us see what the 90's will add to the numbers. (I'm sure the first 4 years had 100's of hits).

app_engine

BC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:13 pm

Into the 90's now.

I'm starting with an album unfamiliar to me - "amman kOvil thiruvizhA". Even the song that supposedly has 3 versions didn't involuntarily fall on my ears Embarassed

Anyways, let us have the poll for TN-ers :

madhurai oyilAttamthAn Malaysia Vasudevan / K.S.Chithra / Chorus
nAn sonnAl (3 versions) Mano, S.Janaki & IR
vAsamuLLa vetti vEru [mAnjchOlai kiLiyirukku] ilaiyaRaaja
dheivam thantha vAzhvukku yellAm ilaiyaRaaja
thEsamuthu mAriyammA Malaysia Vasudevan / K.S.Chithra / Chorus

Listen to the songs here:
https://mio.to/album/Amman+Kovil+Thiruvizha+%281990%29

As I play these, every one of them sound new to me - most songs are quite nice but just that they've never reached me before.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:28 am

Voted for Naan sonnaal and Maanjolai.  Sure that both were played a lot on Radio.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:45 am

Most people on twitter too agree with the opinion of BC here and let us add those two songs to our list Smile

#1165 nAn sonnAl (IR solo, SJ-Mano duet, SJ pathos 3 versions, amman kOvil thiruvizhA)
Sweet song with a pleasant melody and the pathos one must be situational as most of those are.

#1166 mAnjOlai kiLiyirukku (IR solo, amman kOvil thiruvizhA)
Maestro sings with a lot of enjoyment (ருசிச்சு ரசிச்சு அனுபவிச்சுப் பாடுகிறார்)

I'll go ahead and all all songs from next 3 super hit albums which won't need a poll for their immense popularity years beyond their release Smile  See them below:

#1167 pAttukkuppAttu something (Yuvan / Bavadharani / Hari / Prabhu / Prem / Vaishnavi / Pavithra / Sathya / Chorus, anjali)

I got this cassette living in a home full of bachelors in the middle of a neighborhood of all co-workers, whose children used to spend a lot of time with them. No need to say all anjali songs (besides vetRi vizhA songs) were very popular and got played all the time!

#1168 motta mAdi (same set of singers as above, anjali)
This was obviously the most popular song of the album with every one (at the time of arrival) - and, what a song!

#1169 vAnam namakku veedhi (ditto singers, anjali)
Not as popular as "motta mAdi" but got played everywhere as the echo cassette itself was a big seller

#1170 anjali anjali anjali (same set of singers, anjali)
Best song of the album, IMO, with traditional IR strings / bass guitar and terrific drum work and a melting melody!

#1171 iravu nilavu ulagai rasikka (SJ and chorus, anjali)
Fast paced SJ special with terrific orchestration, though not in the same class as "rOjAppoo Adi vandhadhu" but still lovable

#1172 vEgam vEgam pOgum pOgum (Usha Uthup solo, anjali)
Fast paced and very modernistic song - trendy not just for the time of arrival, even to this day!

#1173 rAththiri nEraththil (SPB solo, anjali)
Remember covering this song in the IR-SPB series in the hub, hit song but didn't shine as much as the kids' songs in this album

#1174 idhazh engum muththukkaL (SJ-MV duet, athisayappiRavi)

Fantastic rhythm concoction made by IR, special for Panju sir I think and a personal favorite. (I simply love the way SJ sings "உதட்டுத்தேனைக்கொஞ்சம்" the second time, with an extra sangathi, in the saraNam)

#1175 unnai pArththa nEram (KSC-MV duet, athisayappiRavi)
KSC's voice was perhaps the sweetest in this song. Also, one of IR's sweetest interludes before the second saraNam!

#1176 annakkiLiyE sorNakkiLiyE (MV solo, athisayappiRavi)
Fun song and was played thru-out TN in the usual channels of IR (teakkadai, buses, functions)

#1177 singAri pyAri pyAri (SJ-MV duet, athisayappiRavi)
Another delectable rhythm concoction, one more special by IR for Panju sir!

#1178 thAnandhana kummi kotti (SJ-MV duet, athisayappiRavi)

Sweet nAdan themmAngu, IR's fort and he always delivers top class numbers in this genre!

#1179 pAttukkuppAttu edukkavA (KSC-MV duet, athisayappiRavi)
Another rhythm special, though not that much of a favorite for me - song was popular nevertheless Smile

#1180 yAru pOttadhu thAru rOdu thAn (SJ, Yuvan and chorus, chathriyan)
Though relatively less popular compared to the other two songs of the album, this one too was popular as the movie was a mega hit

#1181 poottukkAL pOttAlum (SJ solo, chathriyan)
Fantastic #IR_Waltz

#1182 mAlaiyil yArO manadhOdu pEsa (SL solo, chathriyan)
Need I say this song was / is popular? Definition of an "ever-green" number Smile

Well, with those three albums covered, I can relax a bit and throw a poll for the next one - this one too had super hit songs but I'm not very sure about "ALL" the songs.

eeramAna rOjAvE

adichAchu lucky prize Mano / Arunmozhi / Chorus
athO mEga oorvalam Mano / Sunandha
kalakalakkum maNi Osai Mano / S.Janaki / Chorus
vA vA anbE / thenRal kAtRE K.J.Yesudas / S.Janaki
vaNNa poongAvanam K.S.Chithra / Chorus
kalyANa tharagarE Malaysia Vasudevan / Mano / S.N.Surendar / Dheeban Chakaravarthy

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:16 pm

cable kaalam... ella paatum.. including kalyana tharagare paatum kaetu iruken.

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:49 pm

app_engine wrote:Well, with those three albums covered, I can relax a bit and throw a poll for the next one - this one too had super hit songs but I'm not very sure about "ALL" the songs.

eeramAna rOjAvE

adichAchu lucky prize Mano / Arunmozhi / Chorus
athO mEga oorvalam Mano / Sunandha
kalakalakkum maNi Osai Mano / S.Janaki / Chorus
vA vA anbE / thenRal kAtRE K.J.Yesudas / S.Janaki
vaNNa poongAvanam K.S.Chithra / Chorus
kalyANa tharagarE Malaysia Vasudevan / Mano / S.N.Surendar / Dheeban Chakaravarthy

I had to check thrice, if I read the movie name (for poll) as "Eeramaana Rojaave".  Please send the album to where it belongs, along with the previous ones: Anjali, Adhisaya Piravi and Chatriyan!  All are smash hits; NO polling required.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:48 am

BC wrote:
I had to check thrice, if I read the movie name (for poll) as "Eeramaana Rojaave".  Please send the album to where it belongs, along with the previous ones: Anjali, Adhisaya Piravi and Chatriyan!  All are smash hits; NO polling required.

Everyone told the same in twitter too Smile

The album is on #IR_Official_YT with decent audio quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgBpI8hJK4E

Let us add all songs of this super hit album to our list :

#1183 adichAchchu lucky prize (Arun mozhi / Mano with chorus, eeramAna rOjAvE)
This song is known to me only from raajafm and which is why I had to have the poll Embarassed Despite the singers, the song has since become a big personal favorite - what terrific orchestration, especially the drum work!

#1184 adhO mEga oorvalam (Sunanda-Mano duet, eeramAna rOjAvE)

Very popular but relatively slow and kind of lazy number - not that much of a fav for me

#1185 kalakalakkum maNi Osai (SJ-Mano duet, eeramAna rOjAvE)
Another very popular number that is "just ok" in my personal books (and hence does not get repeated much)

#1186 vA vA anbE poojai uNdu (SJ-KJY duet, happy, eeramAna rOjAvE)

Fantastic, fantastic number! (Based on discussions of other songs with similar notes that got categorized as "sivaranjani" rAgam, I identified the rAgam myself Smile ) I think SAR or Deva made a similar song later on.

#1187 thenRal kAtrE konjam nillu (SJ-KJY duet, pathos, eeramAna rOjAvE)

Only occasionally I add two songs that have the same tune with separate serial numbers in this thread (e.g. mAnguyilE solo and duet) and I think this song deserves such place here - what a lovely melody, great singing and fantastic orchestration!

#1188 vaNNappoongAvanam (KSC with chorus, eeramAna rOjAvE)

Another great personal favorite - one more KSC song in the same style as vAn mEgam, ammAdi AthAdi thEn mottu...

#1189 kalyANa tharagarE (SNS/Mano/DC/MV, eeramAna rOjAvE)
Fun song with multiple singers, this is another song not much familiar to me before internet era

With that album covered, we can move on to the next poll - this one for "en arugil nee irundhAl'

pAdu pAtteduthu Adu kAleduthu jolly Mano / Uma Ramanan / Chorus
indhira sundhariE sontham yendRu koLLa vA ilaiyaRaaja / S.Janaki
oru kaNamAhilum unatharuL pArvai Arunmozhi
nilavE nee varavENdum ilaiyaRaaja
udhayam neeyE ulagam neeyE S.Janaki
Oh unnAlE nAn peNNAnEnE Mano / Uma Ramanan

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:56 am

Interesting to see the 'en arugil nee irundhAl' album in #IR_Official_YT :

I'm sure I've heard the 'O unnAlE nAn' song many times during bus travels Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZw7_GUk3lg

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:13 am

While I am familiar with all the songs in the album (radio mostly. The songs used to popular in OLiyum Oliyum too.), I am confused where to draw the line between hit and not-so-much ones.  I actually wanted to vote for Udhayam neeye and Oru kanam too, but ended up voting for the most-popular ones in the album: O unnaale naan and Indhira sundhariye.  Even Paadu paateduthu could be dubbed as moderate hit.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose S Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:24 pm

app_engine wrote:Adding hits from 'thenRal sudum"

#1149 oru rAjA en pinnOdu vandhAn (KSC-SPS duet, thenRal sudum)

What a lovely rhythm delight! This song and TN buses are made for each other Smile

#1150 dhoori dhoori (SJ with kids & PS solo - two versions, thenRal sudum)

Simple song with a catchy pallavi melody

#1151 kaNNammA kaNNammA (IR solo, thenRal sudum)
Lovely song that will haunt you for days after just one listen

Was Aathaadi Alli Kodi song not popular then. I recently discovered it (after hearing the cover by violinvicky) and found it amazing.

Jose S

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:07 pm

Jose S wrote:

Was Aathaadi Alli Kodi song not popular then. I recently discovered it (after hearing the cover by violinvicky) and found it amazing.

Yes, that is the observation of people who lived in TN those days Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:05 am

Back in this thread, after a gap of few months...this has happened multiple times for this thread, let us see how much fuel I have in this run...

Adding two songs from en arugil nee irunthAl which are voted to be hits by many Smile

#1190 O unnAlE nAn peN AnEnE (UR-Mano duet, en arugil nee irunthAl)
Very sweet number and quite familiar to many TN-ers of that time frame. The song is also widely available on internet!

#1191 pAdu pAtteduththu Adu (UR-Mano duet, en arugil nee irunthAl)
Another song picked by most people on the poll and twitter...

I need to add a poll for the next album "en pAdal unakkAga" (which is totally unknown to me Embarassed )

vAn mElE vaNNangaLMano / K.S.Chithra
dEvi dhurgA dEviMano / K.S.Chithra
ivan kaNgaLil kalantha iLam peNNEMano
keerthanA keerthanA [gAnam theernthu pOgumA]Mano
manasE pAdiyathEnMano / Chorus
vA vA kaNmaNi [manasukkuL mazhai vizha sethvaLE]Mano / K.S.Chithra / Chorus
Om…Om [nooRu roobAi nOttu kodu]Mano / K.S.Chithra
dheem dhirana dhirana dhiranAMano / Chorus

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:15 am

When I searched for this album in YT, this is what I get :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdXDEoGIgLI

VM and 1990 - has to be a "Telugu dubbing" album (or something like that) - no wonder I have no idea of its existence. 

I doubt we'll have any hit from this Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:26 pm

I don't think many people knew about the existence of that "en pAdal unakkAga".  Let us keep it aside and move on.

The next album in the spreadsheet for 1990 is for the BR-directed movie "en uyirththOzhan" - when he came back to IR for music!

kuyilukkuppam is one of my all-time-fav songs and I'm sure this was a TN hit, heard on buses those days. I've also heard 'E rAsAththi' in Palakkad itself.

Not sure about the other songs, however. Let us have a poll Smile

thambi nee nimirnthu pAradA [Title Song]ilaiyaRaaja
yE rAsAthi rOsA poo vA vAMalaysia Vasudevan / Chorus
kuyilu kuppam kuyilu kuppam gOpuram AnathennaMalaysia Vasudevan / K.S.Chithra / Chorus
machchi mannAru ilaiyaRaaja / K.S.Chithra

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:28 am

I am sure I have heard "Vaan mele" at least once.  As with many IR songs, I do not have a clue about the movie name or any other information.  Thanks for the album find.

In "En Uyir Thozan" movie, all the 3 songs are very popular (and hence, voted for them), except "Thambi nee" which could easily fall under moderate hits category.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:22 pm

As informed by TN-ers, adding all 4 songs of 'en uyirththOzhan' in the hits list (1 of them a "moderate" hit while the other 3 were super hits).

#1192 thambi nee nimirndhu pAradA (IR, en uyirththOzhan)
Title song - IR singing sentiment for this movie where BR came back to IR after choosing to go with other MD's for a few movies (because IR didn't want to work with VM and BR preferred the kavingar over MD)

#1193 E rAsAththi rOsAppoo (MV with chorus, en uyirththOzhan)
Nice voice harmony - written for a kavingar + con man character on-screen. (BR should have asked VM himself to act in this role - considering the #MeToo thingy - who knows whether he was the "inspiration" for the villain character Laughing )

#1194 kuyilukkuppam kuyilukkuppam (KSC-MV with chorus, en uyirththOzhan)
What a song! I love the fantastic interludes! Also, KSC at her peak!

#1195 machchi mannAru (KSC-IR duet, en uyirththOzhan)
Fun song and quite popular in TN as per locals Smile To me, this is familiar only after internet...

With that album covered, let us move to the next poll - for "en kitta mOdhAdhE"

ivan veera sooran - 2 versions
yEi mAmA unnaithAn ninnA AgAthA
oNNOda reNdeNNu [oNNoNNum reNdu]
sariyO sariyO nAn kAdhalithathu
kai veesammA kai veesu

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:19 am

Voted for all songs except Kai veesammaa.  Of course, Sariyo sariyo is the most popular.  

The other 3 are moderate hits, but I was surprised to see Hey maama having more number of views on YouTube than Sariyo sariyo!  Kai veesammaa is a pleasant number, but, sadly, not "popular".

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next