Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc.

+16
Drunkenmunk
writeface
sheepChase
sid_316
Kaaling
groucho070
kid_glove
plum
V_S
Bala (Karthik)
jaiganesh
Michael AF
Admin
app_engine
sagi
20 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 13 Empty Re: Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc.

Post  2040 Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:27 am

what vince has in mind...
http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/vince-gilligan-on-writing-breaking-bad-finale.html

Back to top Go down

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 13 Empty Re: Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc.

Post  Michael AF Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:00 pm

Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:13 am

Ok, since the series is winding down. let's jot down some of our top favorite(s) from this series over all seasons. - I am putting the list to 3 so that it could be absolutely tough but you guys make the list as long as possible Cool 

I am stating the categories below

1) Favorite 3 action scenes - The Toughest
2) Top 3 Best episodes - Again Tough
3)) Top 3 Jesse's bitch moments
4) Who do you think shouldn't have been killed off in the series?
5) Top Heisenberg moments 
6) Top 5 Saul's quotes
7) Most irritating moments from Skyler(Men only section Laughing ) Like shutp, shutup..... 
Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 13 559837_10151912155142722_1002143359_n

Cool  Your pick of scientific killing methods from Walter
9) Best Villains - 
10) Best season(s) - For simpler reasons, let count this season(2013) as 6 and last season as 5(2012)- Your suggestions please 
11)  Top shocking scenes - let's say for eg (Gus cutting victor's throat; stuff like that)
12) Turning points of the series 
13) Best Director from the crew of directors 
14) Favorite Quotes 

Add some more categories if you guys like!. This is like a hw exercise lol!
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Whoa! Too soon for a retrospective. I ll take a rain check.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:51 am

Yo ippo illati marandhuruvom ya !! rotfl2 

Ok let me do my favorites

Action scenes 

One minute - Hank/Tuco cousins parking lot shootout. The best by a country mile. That 1 minute tension and the following shootout. Cinema, take a note. 
Breaking in to the police evidence room and destroying evidence - Season 5 episode 1. cool4 
Dead Freight - Train heist  cheers . Meticulous planning and near perfect execution.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:42 am

Fuck this shit man. Could have watched it by now if in US.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:55 am

I thought the destroying evidence by use of a magnet thingy was highly implausible and contrived. One of the weak moments of the series for me actually...

The Hank/cousins shootout was epic. Agree.

Gus, Mike and Jesse in Mexico - One of the best.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:14 am

Not giving away spoilers. but let me say I was quite impressed with the way the ending was conceived and executed the clap , particularly since the series was always going to be tough to wrap up with so many loose ends and storylines to tie up - The money, Hank and Gomez's bodies, Jesse's fate and retribution, the Neo-Nazis, Gretchen and Elliot. Vince manages to do it all convincingly in 45 mins without it appearing rushed or excessively contrived and far-fetched. noteworthy 

P.S:  There is a cameo reapperance by Badger and Skinny which is really rotfl2

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:30 pm

Watched "EPIC" at child's school PTA evening...(open air with temp in 65-70 and me in shorts, sitting on a blanket on grass)...

Reminded many of (similar) Disney animation movies but such graphics are always a pleasure to watch Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:31 am

Another great episode!. Another great season, unfortunately this is the end. 

[[[[[ SPOILERS GALORE - DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE LAST EPISODE]]]]]]]]

Walter my man 🙇. Breaking in and entering, ordering a job and threatening like a boss. Is there any criminal activity that you cannot do??? When he pointed the finger to the outside, I never expected to show laser snipers pointing at the couple, rotfl. lol. The bgm during the scene then, Indian meesic directors, take a note Cool 

Finally somebody died by ricin - Thank you very much Lydia.
Todd - You got what you deserved. This kid is good. 
Jesse Pinkman - You still need Walter to save your punk ass. His acting is amazing. Kid should go places. Keep it up Young man.
Walter shooting Jack in the head while he is still talking - When you come to kill, you just kill. Notes from Class BB - 101. 

Finally, what I wanted Walter dying on his own ways. Still manipulating Jesse to kill him even at the last episode, hahaha. His family getting 9 Million Dollars. Dying in a place where he always loved the chemistry lab, which is ofcourse.
Skinny Pete and Badger Very Happy 

So long Breaking Bad crew, Vince Gilligan Cool and everybody else who worked on this amazing piece of art. My personal apologies if I missed anybody. You are going into my heart as the equivalent of the Godfather in TV series(es) or above.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  dilbert Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:32 am

With great expectation saw the Season 3 of Homeland ... God what have they got themselves into awful start to a TV series, which could been easily one of the best of our times.

After Broncos butchering Dog fighter , Ended up watching all hyped up Finale of Breaking Bad. Really not sure what they hype was all about ,Old guy on the run always hide's is drug money in some magic place for where it re-appears like a genie in the bottle and dies telling a lie about money to his wife in order to help his crippled son. Settles his scores with his enemies. And accidentally dies in the end. Question

dilbert

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:54 am

{spoilers galore}

Ozymandias was the real finale, the last 2 looks more and more like an epilogue. Grats to VG stringing us along like puppets all along and hitting all the high points needed to bring closure even though we more or less knew what was gonna happen. after all the gloom/loom, tad surprised that the supposed finale was almost celebratory/uplifting. I'm glad that they kept the finale with Walt finding a crafty way to handle the M60, him holding M60 and taking down Neo-Nazis would have made for a great telly but too pungent even for BB.

- Walt showing Elliot/Gretchen who was the boss thumbsup 
- Woodworking highschool Jeese, would have been great if they had a flashback of Jeese being Walt's student in the highschool.
- Stevia/Ricin, saw it coming.
- Jeese finally managing to come out of Walt's grips..refuses to kill and just walks away.
- Walt dropping truth bomb and owning up that he was a terrible person and did the things because he enjoyed doing it.
- Everyone dies and Walt goes on his own terms/Jeese racing off to NFS and is free with Walt taking the fall for the blue meth cook so         the legacy stays with him just like he wanted it. the clap 
- Whattay final adieu with him dying in the lab,a fitting end to one of the GOAT shows applause 
  thank god there was no ambiguous ending like 'The Sopranos'.

my gripes

- AMC should have let them have one more season, final season 5b seemed cramped/rushed.
- wish we had longer Walt/Jeese scene(s) in the finale and they talked more.
- call to Lydia was really unnecessary.
- Huell been hung out to dry Neutral 
- all said and done, this episode was not a patch on 'Face Off' which was the pinnacle of BB writing. may be it got
  to do with Neo-Nazis being a major downgrade wrt Gus.
- BB's song selection were always been top-notch but the final song was a big meh , wtf was that.

any guesses on that 3 min alternative ending that is coming in with the blueray/dvd set in Nov.??

if only BB was on HBO it would have made it a complete show, with the pantheon of GOAT shows I would rate.

1.The Wire(season 4 is the best ever telly, overall very well written)
2.Breaking Bad(superficially fun show which ended on a safe/neat note)
3.The Shield(best finale ever but BB S5 overall trumps S7 of The Shield)
4.The Sopranos(ending spoils it, overall a good show)
5.Deadwood/Six feet under/Oz/Rome(HBO dope which ought to be consumed)

Last edited by Wizzy on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:56 am

P.S:  There is a cameo reapperance by Badger and Skinny which is really Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 13 3325497835
"Isn't this like morally wrong?" rotfl4
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:02 am

behind the scenes-all seasons https://imgur.com/a/LZHG3
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:30 am

dilbert wrote:With great expectation saw the Season 3 of Homeland ... God what have they got themselves into awful start to a TV series, which could been easily one of the best of our times.

After Broncos butchering Dog fighter , Ended up watching all hyped up Finale of Breaking Bad. Really not sure what they hype was all about ,Old guy on the run always hide's is drug money in some magic place for where it re-appears like a genie in the bottle and dies telling a lie about money to his wife in order to help his crippled son. Settles his scores with his enemies. And accidentally dies in the end. Question
Yeah sure Homeland best of our times  my ass. Al qaeda chief entering the country and doing an mass assasination @ end of s2. The only place where homeland outshines other series is the content of the show(drone strikes, iran-us-israel relations etc etc). Other than that homeland is one stinking baloney when it comes to plausibility.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  dilbert Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:50 pm

Not needed

Last edited by dilbert on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

dilbert

Back to top Go down

Post  dilbert Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Yes Homeland is a fictional stretch compare to a chemistry teacher making millions under the nose of DEA / FBI / USBE

dilbert

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:25 pm

idhu dhaandaa climax...

lydia - ricin was cool... and yes, that explanation to her was unnecessary.. wondering how he managed to mix ricin into the sugar sachet.. the one which shes gonna pick... sorry i stop my nitpicking Smile

getting the greymatter guys to do the job was good... but not very convincing.. cant be sure if they would go to the DEA as well after they know walt is dead... there could have been a few more giving back dialogues from walt to put them in the right place...

M60 - brilliant though it is too dramatic.. never saw it coming..

todd getting a low profile kill... i was wondering if he deserved a horrific ending, but later realized that ya, he was evil, ut not very ruthless... so its ok..

skyler chain smoking makes one understand that she does not give a shit about walt anyway..
would have loved it, if walt had a couple of hardhitting dialogues with flynn and skyler... (fucker that flynn is a nanriketta dhrogi i say, the most hated and unwanted character of the series for me)..

i thot, 'i did it for me, becos i was good at it' and all... thats not the real truth... maybe down the lane, he continued doing it for him... but he began doing it only for his family.. he started breaking bad only for his family and not becos it like it... that dialogue carried too much hurt and disappointment in it... a realization that he is a loser afterall...

i am still in the side that walt is not completely bad or evil... he killed only the bad people mostly.. and the exception when he killed some good ones on the way was only functional and just roadblock removal..

yes, i would have loved a bit of conversation between walt and jesse...

as someone said here, great work to get it all done in in a 50min episode without even rushing any of it... i would have personally loved it even longer... jus could not come into terms with it all ending.. also was expecting some montages in the end card... would have been good...

as a whole, it appears like from the beginning, the makers have had a clear idea of the path the story is taking, the twists, turns and the climax etc., well thought out... never seen anything like it..

and thanks to wizzy, af, kg for directing me towards this epic...

miss u BB..

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:08 pm

dilbert wrote:Yes Homeland is a fictional stretch compare to a chemistry teacher making millions under the nose of DEA / FBI / USBE
Oh yeah sleeper agent spending 8 years in captivity, comes back home, gains easy access to VP, works as a double agent, becomes a running mate for president. Pongga sir Very Happy
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:20 pm

on the other hand.. any dexter fans??
an example of how a climax should not be..

Back to top Go down

Post  dilbert Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:41 pm

Michael AF wrote:
dilbert wrote:Yes Homeland is a fictional stretch compare to a chemistry teacher making millions under the nose of DEA / FBI / USBE
Oh yeah sleeper agent spending 8 years in captivity, comes back home, gains easy access to VP, works as a double agent, becomes a running mate for president. Pongga sir Very Happy
Homeland is based on an Israeli TV show called  "Prisoners of War" which really got me in to watching american version in first place. Some of the events are based on real life and govt accounts of how they foiled some serious threats. Season 1 and Season 2 ending episodes were top notch. Not so sure about Season 3.

On the other hand comparing Breaking Bad to God Father is nothing more than Cult talk. Its like me trying to compare Rajini with Clint Eastwood.

dilbert

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:56 am

The finale did not really do justice to the awesomeness of the show
-Vince was basically checking off a lot of boxes one by one
-And every single scene in the finale (save for the one with the family) was to appease the fans. Playing to the gallery.
-That call from Lydia, really? Are we that dumb, Vince?
-Let's not get into the plausibility angle on how Walt could have planned all of this meticulously sitting in a place which cost $10000 for an hour of cards.

Now the positives:
-As always, brilliant choreography of the action setpiece
-Walt @ Skylar's, best scene of the finale, hands down
-That twist at Gretchen's dint see the money laundering part coming
-Last scene was a very nice touch. Walt basically dying at the lab after killing the blue meth once for all. Well may be not, the 2nd best is still out there. 

Would have been really nice (thamizh cinema) if Jesse were to find Badger/Skinny Pete at the back of his car. Among the ones I have seen, BB is the best. The writing/acting/execution/action choreography etc. Brilliant.

As for Homeland, it was OK the first season, the first half of 2nd was really good, after that it fizzled out. It's almost a spoof show now. Don't even get into the plausibility angle, the writing has been really bad. And save for Saul, the acting leaves a lot to be desired too. Wonder how the fuck it won so many Emmys.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  dilbert Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:55 am

Nerd bhai, it won on its own merit  just like any other show ! We need to see how the season 3 pans out ! 

" How the fuck it got it ? " " Only that FUCK knows how it got it ya ! cyclops

dilbert

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:19 am

dilbert wrote:
Michael AF wrote:
Homeland is based on an Israeli TV show called  "Prisoners of War" which really got me in to watching american version in first place. Some of the events are based on real life and govt accounts of how they foiled some serious threats. Season 1 and Season 2 ending episodes were top notch. Not so sure about Season 3.

On the other hand comparing Breaking Bad to God Father is nothing more than Cult talk. Its like me trying to compare Rajini with Clint Eastwood.
It's an opinion. NOt a fact. You can always disagree with it. 

When some even better new series comes in the future which is even better than BB or the wire, BB's position will be toppled from my opinion.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:26 am

Nerd wrote:
As for Homeland, it was OK the first season, the first half of 2nd was really good, after that it fizzled out. It's almost a spoof show now. Don't even get into the plausibility angle, the writing has been really bad. And save for Saul, the acting leaves a lot to be desired too. Wonder how the fuck it won so many Emmys.
Finally somebody who speaks English
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next