Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc.

+16
Drunkenmunk
writeface
sheepChase
sid_316
Kaaling
groucho070
kid_glove
plum
V_S
Bala (Karthik)
jaiganesh
Michael AF
Admin
app_engine
sagi
20 posters

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 14 Empty Re: Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc.

Post  Wizzy Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:42 pm

lydia - ricin was cool... and yes, that explanation to her was unnecessary.. wondering how he managed to mix ricin into the sugar sachet.. the one which shes gonna pick... sorry i stop my nitpicking Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 14 Icon_smile 
as Walt points out Lydia is procedural/almost mechanic in doing things, she visits that restaurant on a particular day/sits in the same table/takes Stevia. with Walt always scheming, he might have came in early and sneaked in the ricin Smile 

The finale did not really do justice to the awesomeness of the show
-Vince was basically checking off a lot of boxes one by one
-And every single scene in the finale (save for the one with the family) was to appease the fans. Playing to the gallery.

agree that finale was tad neat/tidy. but not doing justifiable? were you expected much darker ending? like Jeese getting to pull
the trigger on Walt/Walt family being hurt due to some of Walt's actions/Walt repenting it?
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 14 Empty Re: Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc.

Post  2040 Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:21 pm

luckily got a chance to rewatch season 5... three eps done... without a boring a scene..
just cant this out of my mind..

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:20 pm

It makes perfect sense for Lydia to call Todd to check on whether Walt is taken care of or not. 

Lydia is a nagging bitch. When it comes to leaving no loose ends she even nags mike to get rid of all the 9 witnesses in s5. When Mike refuses she even puts a hit on mike. Mike thinks against killing her(again a half measure) and joins walt which ultimately leads to his demise.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:14 pm

Wizzy wrote:agree that finale was tad neat/tidy. but not doing justifiable? were you expected much darker ending? like Jeese getting to pull
the trigger on Walt/Walt family being hurt due to some of Walt's actions/Walt repenting it?
More than anything I guess I was expecting them to throw in a surprise or two. The money laundering part was a surprise, true but they almost killed it by introducing Badger/Pete right after. I mean yeah, it was too cool for fans (read us) but wasn't quite effective.

So yeah, that one event after the other, and them happening without any hiccups did not work for me. I wouldnt have minded if they had stretched this to two episodes with some smart (saayans, anyone?) scenes. Take Gus' death for example, till the last minute until we hear a different sound from the bell, we dint know what was going to happen. I mean THAT was missing.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  dilbert Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:31 pm

Michael AF wrote:
Nerd wrote:
As for Homeland, it was OK the first season, the first half of 2nd was really good, after that it fizzled out. It's almost a spoof show now. Don't even get into the plausibility angle, the writing has been really bad. And save for Saul, the acting leaves a lot to be desired too. Wonder how the fuck it won so many Emmys.
Finally somebody who speaks English
You mean Tamilish? Plausiblity OH MY Plausiblity you guys are funny bunch ! Laughing  

I can understand why few tamil speaking wannabbe whites praise BB (including me) it reminds of old Vikraman movies illa?

dilbert

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:34 am

dilbert wrote:
Michael AF wrote:
Nerd wrote:
As for Homeland, it was OK the first season, the first half of 2nd was really good, after that it fizzled out. It's almost a spoof show now. Don't even get into the plausibility angle, the writing has been really bad. And save for Saul, the acting leaves a lot to be desired too. Wonder how the fuck it won so many Emmys.
Finally somebody who speaks English
You mean Tamilish? Plausiblity OH MY Plausiblity you guys are funny bunch ! Laughing  

I can understand why few tamil speaking wannabbe whites praise BB (including me) it reminds of old Vikraman movies illa?
Uncle Jack/Gus fit right in Smile 

if you guys are into Homeland, check out 'The Americans' on FX, Reagon era/Cold war/KGB couple in DC with FBI as their neighbor. actually it reminds me more of BB in so many ways. me got sucked into this show with Fleetwood Mac's Tusk in the pilot
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:59 am

Nerd wrote:
Wizzy wrote:agree that finale was tad neat/tidy. but not doing justifiable? were you expected much darker ending? like Jeese getting to pull
More than anything I guess I was expecting them to throw in a surprise or two. The money laundering part was a surprise, true but they almost killed it by introducing Badger/Pete right after. I mean yeah, it was too cool for fans (read us) but wasn't quite effective.

So yeah, that one event after the other, and them happening without any hiccups did not work for me. I wouldnt have minded if they had stretched this to two episodes with some smart (saayans, anyone?) scenes. Take Gus' death for example, till the last minute until we hear a different sound from the bell, we dint know what was going to happen. I mean THAT was missing.
concur they have set the standards so high, my other gripe was after so much that transpired WW/Jeese with Walt even going as far as setting up a hit out on Jeese but there is no closure as such to their relationship in the finale.  guess when the dust settles we might warm up to the finale.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:22 am

I've heard about "The Americans" series. Should watch it.

Any good community pages in fb for tracking tv shows????. Any recommendations from anybody?
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:08 pm

The pilot is good. Very Happy
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:23 pm

ABC has betrayal going on. Extra marital affairs, infedility blah bllah blah but the trailer was nice.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  dilbert Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:19 am

Michael AF wrote:I've heard about "The Americans" series. Should watch it.

Any good community pages in fb for tracking tv shows????. Any recommendations from anybody?
Hey Michael , hope you didn't take my earlier comments personally ! Check out FX series called Bridge and American Horror Stories.
Both are pretty gripping

dilbert

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:53 am

dilbert wrote:
Michael AF wrote:I've heard about "The Americans" series. Should watch it.

Hey Michael , hope you didn't take my earlier comments personally ! Check out FX series called Bridge and American Horror Stories.
Both are pretty gripping
Hahaha Smile. Call me af man. It's the same af from hub. Laughing 

American horror story trailer paathen ya. Summa solla koodathu children being hung as photos in the room affraid . That was some imagery.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:38 am

Michael AF wrote:The pilot is good. Very Happy
KGB and their disguises the clap , spy genre is making a bit of comeback, Aaron Paul was to star in HBO's 'The Missionary' about KGB in 1960s Berlin which didn't get the greenlight hope some other network picks it up.

AHS- have seen whatever is up on Netflix, cheesy fun, from what I remember it was too goofy to be taken seriously, it was like sketch comedy at times, heard S2 is vastly superior to S1.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:59 pm

Yeah that's good stuff man. Keri Russell(Kadasiya MI-3 la paathathu ivalai) a solid female spy character. Philip, her husband nice. FBI - Counter intelligence officer as a neighbor. Woof, that's just throwing 2 tigers into a lion den to fight!!

What else you got?Cool
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:30 pm

^for an non-hbo show there is lot of skin show not that I'm complaining :noteeth: but FX is really pushing the boundaries with this show.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Episode 2 - The clock. Not bad Smile . Episode 3 now.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  dilbert Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:11 am

I resisted myself from not watching House of Cards. Finally ended up watching it  wow Kevin spacey is brilliant what an actor he is, Netflix literally kicked big networks in there faces with this series.Very well constructed show. It was like watching a 13+ hrs of stunning screenplay. Its always difficult to keep audiences engaged especially in a political drama , because most part when show dips in to political lingo people will loose interest. They managed to pull surprises in every installment.

Now I am eagerly waiting for Season 2

dilbert

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Ok, I am professing my love for Jennifer Lawrence. The lady's personality is just too good to resist. Smile

Sample this

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 14 528303_407980859327728_1501100459_n
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Yow AF phillysteak? Is that you in dwidder? edhukkuyyA poottu? Are you kinda tweeting military secrets? Laughing

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:32 am

Nerd wrote:Yow AF phillysteak? Is that you in dwidder? edhukkuyyA poottu? Are you kinda tweeting military secrets? Laughing
Yeah its the same steak from Philly Laughing 
Yo enakku twitter-la onnumae puriyalaya. Ellamae thalayai suthi mookai thodara madhiri irukku. Evan ya designer Evil or Very Mad 

Pootai edukanumna naan enna pannanum??. I asked siva on how to change the background also Embarassed
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:39 am

'The Walking Dead' season 4 premiere ratings enormous

Sunday’s zombie drama return delivered a huge 16.1 million viewers and an even-more-stunning 8.2 rating among adults 18-49. That’s up 30 percent in the demo from the show’s previous high (the season 3 finale).
The Walking Dead also once again has crushed the broadcast networks: This is the largest telecast of the fall in the adult demo, beating all entertainment shows. In fact, if you combine all the broadcast dramas that aired Sunday night — Once Upon a TimeRevengeBetrayalThe Good Wife and The Mentalist — they still don’t match The Walking Dead‘s demo rating.

AMC claims the hour also has topped all sports telecasts this fall. That would be a rather enormous accomplishment (last fall The Walking Dead “only” beat all entertainment shows, not including sports). And that claim certainly appears to be accurate, at least if you define “fall” as the official start of the broadcast season in late September — some broadcast pre-season NFL games were higher than an 8.2. Also, we’re told last night’s Cowboys vs. Redskins telecast on NBC could possibly top The Walking Dead when its final national ratings are released tomorrow. Still, the very fact a cable network series is even in close contention for this claim is pretty incredible, as well as the show continuing to beat all the other entertainment programs.
“Sincere thanks to the fans, who have welcomed The Walking Dead back for its fourth season with the highest-rated episode in the show’s history,” said AMC President Charlie Collier.
Post-episode chat show The Talking Dead also set a record with 5.1 million viewers, including 3.3 million in the demo. EW has a must-read post-premiere Q&A with creator Robert Kirkman here

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/14/the-walking-dead-returns-to-record-viewership/
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  kid_glove Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Netflix now for Only EUR7.99 a month. And with a free trial month. Wow.

kid_glove

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:50 am

vaaya kittu mani,kannaveri kannyans here unabashingly abuse Netflix free trail by switching their cc Mad 
what makes the Netflix deal even more sweet is you could access their library across various regions world over, if 'Sweden'
is the region for movies, north/south America is the region for tv shows. you may want to bookmark this site http://www.moreflicks.com/
with Netflix/Hulu+/Prime,  my d/l are almost nil except for Hbo/Canal+ exclusives.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:53 pm

all thanks to u wizzy..
i can access the site from all the regions now..
only grouse is, it looks like they are not revising their movie bank often.. some very good movies from the old are missing.. wish someone from their team takes the imdb top 250 seriously..

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:57 pm

Use to pay 9.99$ for Netflix. My sweet darling. It was the best thing that happened since youtube.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next