Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Singer - Singers of the future

+12
kiru
crimson king
Usha
Kr
rajkumarc
Drunkenmunk
fring151
jaiganesh
vicks
app_engine
sagi
V_S
16 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Super Singer - Singers of the future - Page 3 Empty Re: Super Singer - Singers of the future

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:10 pm

Nerd wrote: Btw was this round some kind of a joke? No ARR song and except one Harris song all the post 90s songs were Raaja's !! In super singer !!
Watched the episode with two Guna songs and was surprised (typically, the TV channels project 90's as "ARR-in-IR-out-era" and this was so out of place)!

Don't know what was the reason / strategy confused

It's possible they got some adverse feedback (sliding TRP?) from their "western" / "college" / "drink" rounds and wanted to do some damage control.

Or, somebody really felt remorse (highly unlikely, after all these are businessmen).

Or, they may be planning the next round to be ARR-VM special Wink

In any case, the kaLLa gumbal judges have earned enough bad name and will find it difficult to erase from the minds of people who watched this program!

They hardly did anything good (so far) to singers, singing or music, via this program!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Super Singer - Singers of the future - Page 3 Empty Re: Super Singer - Singers of the future

Post  V_S Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:04 am

I was watching today's episode, main highlight was pichchai paaththiram song, not for the singer, but the song itself. Reminded me of Ravi Shankar's performance in Hariyudan Naan. Ravi's performance was also just ok, but remembered his involvement and he almost broke down when singing. I felt the tempo in Ravi's singing was very slow compared to the original. In that aspect Shenbagaraj's performance was better.

When I tried to search for Hariyudan Naan video, more than the song, I got this one where Sharreth sir was explaining the nuances of Thumbi Vaa after Bhargavi's performance. Sharreth sings and explains (with his usual humor) where she was at fault. After this, you can never make such a mistake again. So effective. Really missing Hariyudan Naan, especially Sharreth sir's comments. 

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:49 pm

Some gObi masAlA fun stuff in SS4: (during that Vaali special week, he was on screen everyday and was spilling out Vaali stuff that we read day to day on the net)...

-வாலி 1958"களில்" தொடங்கி...!
1958 is only one know? From when did it become 58's Laughing

-புகாரில் பிறந்த கோவலன் "கண்ணகியின்" புகாரினால் இறந்தான்!
Great understanding of silambu!

I love nitpicking Wink

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:46 pm

app_engine wrote:Some gObi masAlA fun stuff in SS4: (during that Vaali special week, he was on screen everyday and was spilling out Vaali stuff that we read day to day on the net)...

-வாலி 1958"களில்" தொடங்கி...!
1958 is only one know? From when did it become 58's Laughing

-புகாரில் பிறந்த கோவலன் "கண்ணகியின்" புகாரினால் இறந்தான்!
Great understanding of silambu!

I love nitpicking Wink
not kannagi's pugaar - porkollanin pugaar.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:51 pm

jaiganesh wrote:
sArE, didn't you notice I was nitpicking gObiyEttan?

He said, pugAr by Mrs Kovalan Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:09 pm

nalla vELa Vaali illa. Vaali simply said "புகாரில் பிறந்தான். புகாரில் இறந்தான்." Sabaa dei GObi!
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:02 am

Again, Vijay TV will adlib, (mis)use IR's iconic songs without mentioning his name. nalla nadathunga da. Kalyani ragam nu solla theriyudhu. IR pEra solli avaR compose senjadhu nu formal hat tip'a kANOm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bia8WoYcNuQ
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Kr Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:36 am

Drunkenmunk wrote:heAgain, Vijay TV will adlib, (mis)use IR's iconic songs without mentioning his name. nalla nadathunga da. Kalyani ragam nu solla theriyudhu. IR pEra solli avaR compose senjadhu nu formal hat tip'a kANOm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bia8WoYcNuQ
Srinivas. Sujatha and Unni Krishnan disappoint me - They are such ARR worshippers - Its repulsive how they go ga-ga over medeipcre songs....

Kr

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:10 am

Welcome to the forum Smile
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:23 pm

app_engine wrote:
jaiganesh wrote:
sArE, didn't you notice I was nitpicking gObiyEttan?

He said, pugAr by Mrs Kovalan Smile
sorry. 
Goabee aatrum mozhiththondukku aLavillai.
Oru pakkam englisha nostalogy maadhiri pudhu word kandu pidichu kolradhu, innoru pakkam thamizha indha maadhiri nasukkaradhunnu - oru periya maambalam mosquito aaittaar avar..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Watching this week's SS4 mainly for SPB and I guess SJ will be joining as well soon. Sai Vignesh did render Vizhigal Meeno remarkably well and SPB as usual was wholesome in his praise of the singer's performance. SPB never fails to appreciate IR's genius at any given opportunity and here he did mention IR's expertise in presenting Kalyani raaga which is so different from any other composer's presentation. I don't think VijayTV or the other judges not mentioning IR's name can do anything about it, loving this and expecting more Very Happy

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:33 pm

rajkumar,
 Thank u. thedindu irundhen. link kidaikalai. neenga kodutha topic parthu thedi kandu pidichu.kaetu sandhosha patten.......

Thanks a lot..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovzUHlZdEaA#t=106

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:45 pm

Usha wrote: thedindu irundhen
UshAkkA,
No need to search anymore on youtube for these Thamizh channels. Sun TV / Vijay TV have their home pages Smile

https://www.youtube.com/user/Suntvtamizh
(kutti chuttees is a family fav ; it seems GA is now doing a "Sun singer" there)

https://www.youtube.com/user/STARVIJAY
(SS4 is typically on their home page, one of the few main programs of this channel)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:21 am

One thing which I didn't like in SPB episode is asking him (a guest) to give comments on the contestants and Srini and Sujatha overriding those comments. SPB even found many mistakes. Two main examples; Sai Vignesh got really nice comments from SPB, but Srini over-riding saying he needs to improve on the expression which goes totally against SPB's remarks. Same way SPB whole-heartedly appreciating Shenbagaraj's singing while Sujatha putting it down saying, it was good, but can be better. SPB even replied back that they are kids. If they do perfectly they would be in our seats, still Sujatha brushed his views aside saying 'whatever it is', so annoying to hear. Then why did you even invite SPB?

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:43 am

V_S wrote:One thing which I didn't like in SPB episode is asking him (a guest) to give comments on the contestants and Srini and Sujatha overriding those comments. SPB even found many mistakes. Two main examples; Sai Vignesh got really nice comments from SPB, but Srini over-riding saying he needs to improve on the expression which goes totally against SPB's remarks. Same way SPB whole-heartedly appreciating Shenbagaraj's singing while Sujatha putting it down saying, it was good, but can be better. SPB even replied back that they are kids. If they do perfectly they would be in our seats, still Sujatha brushed his views aside saying 'whatever it is', so annoying to hear. Then why did you even invite SPB?

TRP venumallO
oru sabha singer, oru muththipoana  moonjee , oru railway paadagar, oru boodham, rendu thathakka pithakka comperes appram 7, 8 chinna pasanga. indha setup thaniyaa jeyikka mudiyumaa?

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:29 am

laugh There was another embarrassing moment, all in this episode. They called Bombay Jayashree (not for music, for different purpose), but she was not even allowed to sit, one liner and exit. As if everyone was in a hurry to push her out. I don't know why they combined this eye donation, Bombay Jayashree (even she came for promoting eye donation), SPB all in this week. Are they running out of time?

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:04 am

Very sad that one of the most difficult song, maNNil intha kaadhal first saw itself on stage, but none appreciated the attempt, not even SPB sir. When SPB commented with just 'good', no one else opened their mouth too Shocked  Such a sad state of affairs for such a gorgeous composition to face such a humiliation. Excellent job Sarath Santhosh, just that effort itself deserves a huge applause. the clap Just imagine how much he would have practiced for the breath control alone. Thoroughly disappointed by their (non) responses.

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:52 pm

app,
 Thanks for info... and thanks for the links............

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:33 am

We have seen many singers taking stage and honors in Super Singer (and on TV), but this one is very very special. Two days of glittering moments through one and only Janaki amma. noteworthy I have never seen her explode the way she did for the past two days. The way she captured the whole audience, singers, judges onto her is nothing but amazing. She was humorous, she was emotional, she was appreciating, she was wishing and blessing every singer, she was teaching with tons of tips and nuances on how to bring expression to singing, how to be brave and not to be scared when singing. 
I was so touched when she recalled her golden days of recording when every one would be present as a family when the recording takes place and now it is being reduced to single person who comes and goes at any time for recording. She also recalled R Sudarsanam the one who introduced her voice, the musicians of Ilaiyaraaja fondly. Thank you so much for gifting those wonderful and memorable moments. Privileged to see one of the very last of singing legends, that the world will ever see.
All said and done, we got a real big treat of singers singing mostly Ilaiyaraaja's songs this week, yet the same old-fashioned mum when it comes to uttering his name. Kudos!

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:55 am

V_S wrote:Very sad that one of the most difficult song, maNNil intha kaadhal first saw itself on stage, but none appreciated the attempt, not even SPB sir. When SPB commented with just 'good', no one else opened their mouth too Shocked  Such a sad state of affairs for such a gorgeous composition to face such a humiliation. Excellent job Sarath Santhosh, just that effort itself deserves a huge applause. the clap Just imagine how much he would have practiced for the breath control alone. Thoroughly disappointed by their (non) responses.

I concur completely.  I thought Sarath Santhosh did a great job there.  Er, were they disappointed that he adjusted his breath so well without technology?  Sorry to insinuate such things but I too couldn't understand the total lack of enthusiasm for his performance.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:56 am

Janaki madam gave a clinic in singing (so did SPB for that matter).  This was a great week.  Sonia and Parvathy did exceptionally well yesterday.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:39 am

crimson king wrote:
V_S wrote:Very sad that one of the most difficult song, maNNil intha kaadhal first saw itself on stage, but none appreciated the attempt, not even SPB sir. When SPB commented with just 'good', no one else opened their mouth too Shocked  Such a sad state of affairs for such a gorgeous composition to face such a humiliation. Excellent job Sarath Santhosh, just that effort itself deserves a huge applause. the clap Just imagine how much he would have practiced for the breath control alone. Thoroughly disappointed by their (non) responses.
I concur completely.  I thought Sarath Santhosh did a great job there.  Er, were they disappointed that he adjusted his breath so well without technology?  Sorry to insinuate such things but I too couldn't understand the total lack of enthusiasm for his performance.
it was a joy to see sharath pretend guitaring while the orchestra (decent output this time around) played the interlude - that is real impact of live instrumental music - hard to get these days. dont know what instrument is playing most of the times.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:43 am

Absolutely.  It was good they brought an orchestra for this trip down memory lane.  Overall, the orchestra was pretty good though they did seem to change some passages etc.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:44 am

And, needless to say, the guitar arrangements in the first interlude of that song are brilliant.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:53 am

I havent heard many composers use the guitar in that kind of soft fashion much - have you heard of similar usage?

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next