Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerts of Raaja

+42
raagakann
counterpoint
irir123
nambik
V_S
irfan123
soco_sri
ank
panniapurathar
baroque
mayilSK
mythila
crimson king
ravinat
Drunkenmunk
fring151
Usha
vicks
D22_Malar
mavurundai
layman10
sheepChase
Raaga_Suresh
jaiganesh
rajkumarc
Sanjeevi
Karthikeyan
writeface
groucho070
Sakalakala Vallavar
SenthilVinu
equanimus
kiru
Admin
kameshratnam
Wizzy
kv
skr
Bala (Karthik)
plum
app_engine
sagi
46 posters

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down

Concerts of Raaja - Page 4 Empty Re: Concerts of Raaja

Post  plum Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:24 am

Humility mafia which talks about a certain MD being more human should listen to all this. interviewkku kooda kaasu kEtkum(unless it is a promotional interview for himself or a film he is associated with him) avaru apdiyE ulaga maga nallavaru. paNam paththi perusA kavalai padAma kalaikkAga kolai kooda pNnuvEnnu irukkaRa IR lesser human beingA?

manasAtchi irukkAdA ungaLukkellAm?

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:50 pm

I get reminded of SKV's twitlonger (which he posted recently here), that too for a national cause, oke oka song'ku. Wink
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:46 pm

@dagalti pissed off with self-slaagification of u no who in tuyitter. Sad situationla happy song pOttEngaradhellAm oru perumaiyAnnu kEkkaRAR

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:45 pm

rOjA -not rAjA - for fun

நாட்டுக்கே அட்வைஸ் பண்ணும் செல்வமணி, வீட்டுக்கு அட்வைஸ் பண்ணவில்லையா என்று சர்ச்சையை சிலர் ஃபேஸ்புக்கில் கிளப்பிவிட, அது பற்றிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது.

“யார் யாரையோ துக்கம் கடைபிடிக்க வற்புறுத்தும் செல்வமணி, இந்த கொடுமை தாங்காமல், மனைவிக்கு எதிராக வீட்டில் உண்ணாவிரதம் இருக்கிறாரோ?” என்றும் கேட்கிறது அந்த ஃபேஸ்புக் விவாதம்.

செல்வமணி வட்டாரங்களில் விசாரித்தபோது, “அப்படி ஒரு சர்ச்சை அடிபடுவது எங்களுக்கும் தெரியும். ஆனால், அதற்காக மாதம் முழுவதும் சும்மா இருக்க முடியுமா? நவம்பர் மாதத்தில் கனடாவில் துப்பாக்கி, போடாபோடி எல்லாம் ரிலீஸ் ஆகவில்லையா? அதை பார்த்தவர்களில் முக்கால்வாசி பேர் ஈழத்தமிழர்தானே” என்கிறார்கள்.

“அப்படியானால், இளையராஜாவின் “ஜனனி ஜனனி”யை விட போடாபோடியில் சிம்புவின் “போட்டுதாக்கு டன்டனக்கா… வாடி பொண்டாட்டி கலாசலா” சோக பீலிங் கொடுக்கிறதா?” என்று கேட்டபோது, செல்வமணி தரப்பில் இருந்து வந்த பதில், “இளையராஜா ஈழத் தமிழருக்கான என்ன செய்தார்?” என்பது!

ஒருவேளை ஈழத் தமிழருக்கு சிம்பு நிறைய செய்திருக்கிறாரோ, என்னவோ!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Nerd wrote:Vasanth yesterday and PVasu/SanthanaBarathi/Suressh Krishna today.

Vasanth, I thought was a little restrained on *his* association with Raaja but was eloquent while talking about the Raaja-effect on makkaL. And kELadi kaNmaNi songs in 30 mins? AreYouFinKiddingMe. Bigger bomb coming up -

On today's episode, PVasu was the best. Some really interesting anecdotes shared by him and SB. And panneer pushpangaL was a freebie. Raaja did it for free. OMFGAreYouFinKiddingME? Panneer PushpangaL, YES!! Even if you give millions to other MDs can they match the output?!

Thanks Vijay TV, this has been real good (of course with some reservations) and hope they finish off with Gautham.

கோபிய எதுக்கு வரச்சொன்னாங்க! Mad

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:43 pm

^ @2.58 Gobi: beautiful director Suresh kisna :roflmax: Surya's bug is officially epidemic
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:42 pm

Thanks Nerd and Bala for sharing this episode. Really liked P Vasu's narration on POvOmaa OorkOlam song. Raja could have left it and made music for the presented visuals, but he goes further beyond (even in his busiest schedules) and demands more visuals to give the complete feel to the audience and also to express the feeling of a girl who is experiencing the world outside her for the first time. I desperately want to watch this scene now. This will happen only to a composer who values/understands cinema and his music deeply. The way we hear the tweets nowadays, "almost finishing the bgm", "doing climax bgm" etc will only show them how desperate they are to complete this headache called BGM with no clue on what they are doing.

It seems they abruptly cut when P Vasu was speaking, trademark of Gopi and Vijay TV. Twisted Evil I thought the episode was too short for three of them.
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:39 am

Wizzy wrote:^ @2.58 Gobi: beautiful director Suresh kisna :roflmax: Surya's bug is officially epidemic
LOL!! Equa சொல்லும் "ஒரு அளகான அப்பா"
"அளகுன்னா அளகு, அப்படி ஒரு அளகு" Laughing

BTW, Suresh Krisnna podhuva clueless-a thaan iruppaaru but he actually (and cetagorically) denied that Valaiyosai was from Nothing But Wind LOL!

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:35 am

Bala (Karthik) wrote:BTW, Suresh Krisnna podhuva clueless-a thaan iruppaaru but he actually (and cetagorically) denied that Valaiyosai was from Nothing But Wind LOL!
Was it? I didn't know that.

Admin
Admin

https://ilayaraja.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Continuation of Vasu, SB, SK episode

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Madhumitha has not been in the best of forms singing in these episodes but she is fantasticool, she seems to be a big fan. Ponnu pinra (especially the matter Raaja episode)

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:50 pm

S.P Muthuraman episode (parablade)

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Pardon if this has been posted already. Sriman solra madhiri (shaking) "Emotion da machaan!"

"Enakku Piditha Paadal" (Darbari Kaanada is not one of my favorite raagams but this one is ay beauty)
Yugendhran is super!

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Bala (Karthik) wrote:Madhumitha has not been in the best of forms singing in these episodes but she is fantasticool, she seems to be a big fan. Ponnu pinra (especially the matter Raaja episode)

ipsi embed paNNi post paNNA pArkka mudiyudhu. YOutube links are banned
SPB episode idhE mAdhir embed paNNi kodungo punniyama pogum

BTW, Madhumitha and her sister Charulatha Mani are top fans of sir only.
Charulatha's raga series in Mtrd Mahavishnu refers to IR extensively. appappO kadamaiyEnnu Rahman songs paththi solvAnga. tonelEyE oru dispassion theriyin Smile

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:44 pm

Did you guys catch Beautiful Director Suresh Krissna suppressing a "fuckin" between "unbelievable" when he talks about the Indiran Chandiran composing?
"Situation sonnavunE laalijonnu aarambichuttar...namma situation solRachEyE composing nadandhirujju..un..fhu...ah..unbelievable lol!"

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Vasu was very sincere and effective in conveying his points. Points to note:
1. Vasu about IR's enjoying aNNan comedy in Walter Vetrivel Smile
2. Vasu comparing IR to Sivaji with precise reference to Sivaji's confession to Vasu once about "nAn EdhO veettula prepare paNNi vandhurukkEnnu ninaichuppAnga but apdillaam illaippA." being IR's attribute too.

Suresh Krissna had nothing much to say but did highlight how IR's ability to catch the theme of the movie was unparalleled and the genius required to do so.

moththathula, industry people realise IR for exactly what he is but general public maddhila indha nuanced appreciation iruppadhillai and yaarrum solvadhillai.

Even Vasu made references to speed and quality with speed but there was no effective emphasis. adhaiyellAm indha rock-skulled tamizhagathin chella kural thedum publicku konar notes pOttA dhan puriyum.

Long way to go before IR's genius is properly notated in Tamizh kooRUm nallulagam

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Plum, SPB's epdisode here:

V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:04 am

After IR started doing concerts I have been regularly watching them online or TV. I feel my appreciation for music has grown watching the concerts, even though I have had a decent stereo and/or headphone systems for quite a long time. Looks like I am able to hear all the instruments and vocals much better maybe because of some visual cues. No wonder, real music lovers love to go to concerts. Even the mediocre singing and playing in TV shows like the ones linked above seem to highlight the nuances of IR's composing. I am also now able to hear/appreciate the differences between different composers this way. I see lots of young MDs, including Rahman's nephew, doing some impressive work. One thing that stands out though, with these new MDs, I like the tune and singing but some thing seems missing. On further analyses, I realize these songs do not have the intricate/elaborate orchestration and instrumental inter-play like in IR's songs. To give an analogy (that too borrowed from IR :-) it is like eating a sandwich or "tiffen" versus a full-course meal. Listening to an IR song seems to give me a "fuller" feeling versus other MD's songs, however good the singing or tune is.
Love to hear from you all how these concerts have impacted you.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  equanimus Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:03 pm

Bala (Karthik) wrote:
Wizzy wrote:^ @2.58 Gobi: beautiful director Suresh kisna :roflmax: Surya's bug is officially epidemic
LOL!! Equa சொல்லும் "ஒரு அளகான அப்பா"
"அளகுன்னா அளகு, அப்படி ஒரு அளகு" Laughing

BTW, Suresh Krisnna podhuva clueless-a thaan iruppaaru but he actually (and cetagorically) denied that Valaiyosai was from Nothing But Wind LOL!
இவ்வளவு சொல்றீகளே (read like "என்னையச் சொல்றீகளே..." from பிதாமகன்), கொஞ்சம் ஐ.டீ.யையும் பகிர்ந்துக்குடறது (அப்படே கொஞ்சம் ட்வீட்டவும் செய்யறது)...

equanimus

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:08 am

Got an opportunity to watch the Director Vasanth / Actress Rekha episode of 'idhayam thotta isaignAni' yesterday.

Easily the second best after the SPB one, IMO! (Ofcourse astonished to hear about that '30min music in 30min' thingy!)

Like every MSV fan who used to argue with me those days, he too made an error - of calling 'pOy vA nadhi alaiyE' as a MSV song Laughing (It was by KVM and it was / is very common for most MSVF's to make such kind of errors! I used to ridicule them during my +2 days..."unga ALu music edhu, vERa ALu music edhunnE ungaLukku identify paNNa mudiyalaiyE")

I liked the "almost" informal chat format - truths or half-truths, most of the talking appeared to come from the heart & didn't look like pre-determined / rehearsed! They even "cross-talked" like typical Indian conversation Laughing

And RekhavukkuL ippadi oru rasigaiyA Shocked (I'm sure she talked from the heart and not "acted" Laughing Why? In "acting", she can either be an azhumoonji or "forced-by-BR-or-other-director-trying-to-smile-moonji". That's all! Here, she was all natural Shocked smiling, laughing and all - which means, she wasn't acting!)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  SenthilVinu Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:44 am

kiru wrote: Looks like I am able to hear all the instruments and vocals much better maybe because of some visual cues. No wonder, real music lovers love to go to concerts. Even the mediocre singing and playing in TV shows like the ones linked above seem to highlight the nuances of IR's composing.

Touche! I feel like Raja music in CD's as a caged lion! With full orchestra in live you really see the full force in action. I was never blown away by "Kanmani anbodu kadhalan" song from Guna. "Paartha Vizhi" was my top pick. After hearing the orchestral version of "Kanmani anbodu" as part Raja medley during NEPV launch, I just could not stop listening to Kanmani Anbodu. I was finally able to catch its intricacies and appreciate it like others, who appreciated from the beginning. Now I can see the song in so many different ways including a waltz type song.

Yes. a full orchestra live in a nice acoustic hall is the best way to listen to Raja songs.

kiru wrote: I see lots of young MDs, including Rahman's nephew, doing some impressive work. One thing that stands out though, with these new MDs, I like the tune and singing but some thing seems missing.

In my opinion, they all have very interesting ideas but they are not following through the idea to fruition, lack thematic unity (things hang here and there) and sometimes even stray away from that idea (extraneous elements).

Whereas Raja's biggest strength is milking everything in an idea until there is nothing left to explore, presenting it in the right framework and creating a unity.

The unity is an extremely important factor. As an artist one should know what shouldn't be there to create a sculpture from a stone. If you sculpted one part differently from the other part or leave a part not sculpted, it will give an incomplete feeling. In music, it is not seen but felt and we all can feel it. We feel the speciality in Raja's composition consciously or unconsciously.

Last edited by SenthilVinu on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:12 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)

SenthilVinu

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:59 am

SenthilVinu wrote:Whereas Raja's biggest strengthen is milking everything in a idea he started with until there is nothing left to explore, presenting it in the right framework and creating a unity.

The unity is extremely important factor. As an artist one should know what shouldn't be there to create a sculpture from a stone. If you sculpted one part differently from the other part or leave a part not sculpted, it will give an incomplete feeling. In music, it is not see but felt and we all can feel it. We feel the speciality in Raja's composition consciously or unconsciously.

Very well said Senthil! Yes, the "completeness" is very important. The completeness is also because the way Maestro structures the tune and orchestration like no other. There is no randomness or vagueness or ambiguity in his compositions. It is very strict, we cannot take one note out or insert one note in. Same-way we cannot replace any instrument with the one played by Maestro. We cannot extend any instrument further beyond its time and place. Even the loudness and tone is perfectly controlled. By saying all the above, it obviously will run in our minds that how he creates so much music with this much strict template. It is all by perfect design. That's the awesomeness of a composer and his creations, well finished!.
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:46 am

@Senthil - surprisingly IR himself used the stone/sculpture analogy once
@V_S - you are right about the right choice of instruments. I want to add though that the strings and chorus/harmony seem to be interchangeable. One more thing you note "loudness" - this was the case all the time. Sometime during the emergence of the synths things went awry. I think one of the reasons people complained about synths in IRs music (including mysefl). Now, even with synths we are back in 'perfect balance' territory again.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:42 am

Coimbatore Concert! Looks like its from the same Event Management Co that did "Be with Me"

Concerts of Raaja - Page 4 A9k6JicCUAA0ve5
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:55 am

All Idhayam Thotta Isaignani episodes -pls ember here please. uteeb isnt accessible for now.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next