Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerts of Raaja

+42
raagakann
counterpoint
irir123
nambik
V_S
irfan123
soco_sri
ank
panniapurathar
baroque
mayilSK
mythila
crimson king
ravinat
Drunkenmunk
fring151
Usha
vicks
D22_Malar
mavurundai
layman10
sheepChase
Raaga_Suresh
jaiganesh
rajkumarc
Sanjeevi
Karthikeyan
writeface
groucho070
Sakalakala Vallavar
SenthilVinu
equanimus
kiru
Admin
kameshratnam
Wizzy
kv
skr
Bala (Karthik)
plum
app_engine
sagi
46 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Concerts of Raaja - Page 14 Empty Re: Concerts of Raaja

Post  sagi Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:46 am

Bhosle's version coincides with Amar's:

Kiruji - Like I said earlier I have no problems with Raaja not acknowledging the greatness of a SPB or a SJ. But what's baffling is his 'uncharacteristic' adulation for Bhosle / Hariharan.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:03 am

Nerd wrote:Bhosle's version coincides with Amar's:

"ee gAnA jab mein gAyA thA, thab mein kAmp rahE ti kyonki first time mEin nE mahAn, great MD Ilayaraja nE bulAya thA..."
(When I sang this song, I trembled because it was first time great MD Ilayaraja invited me)

I want to know what exactly GA said Smile

Here Ashaji confirms it was the great MD IR who "invited" her (and not the film director GA, she doesn't talk about him).

Obviously, there is no mention of 'enga ooru kAdhalappaththi'...however, this particular moment is all about sheNbagamE and she perhaps highlighted it.

IR too mentioned that GA wanted EOPK song at the time when rAsA called her for enga ooru kAdhal thingy...

...and perhaps sheNbagamE got accommodated during the "same trip from Mumbai" Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:09 am

Nerd wrote:But why praise Aasaji and Hurryji to the hilt? Especially Hurryji. He even clapped when he was performing at Canada.

Maybe Hari impressed him with his gnaanam and all during the rehearsals.  I was not happy with Hari's performances of Isaiyil Thodanguthamma and Rasathi Unnai (esp the latter, should have just called PJ instead).

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:57 am

All said and done, I won't be surprised if IR's words in this show turn out to be fodder for kAri, contrA, (Ag)NAni etc. Idhu pOdhume avangaLukku.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:17 pm

fring151 wrote:All said and done, I won't be surprised if IR's words in this show turn out to be fodder for kAri, contrA, (Ag)NAni etc. Idhu pOdhume avangaLukku.

So far a complete silence from the gumbal.  Maybe they are waiting for him to get better before they resume their favourite pastime.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:52 pm

Not from 'that' gumbal but from a facebook celebrity (I don't know him, saw this being linked in twitter)
https://www.facebook.com/suresh.kannan.1806/posts/10202745930442359

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:55 pm

Nerd wrote:Not from 'that' gumbal but from a facebook celebrity (I don't know him, saw this being linked in twitter)

Lol. indha aaLa quote seyyara alavukku worth'aa nu nenachukittu irundhEn, neenga postitteenga. Typical reactions in comments also range inside that myopic "arrogant due to the many "I" references" view. Best is the comment by Raja Vin (Sicmafia from our forum)  rotfl

Typically best serious response from Plum:

https://twitter.com/nom_d_plum/status/424225326068011008
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Too lengthy, too much negative energy, not going to waste my time.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Sure CK. I waste my energy on these things so that you don't have to. You focus on the positive things. karuthukurangugaLai nAn pArthu koLgiREn

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:22 pm

lol, karuthukurnangugal, too good! Razz

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:06 pm

drunkenmunk wrote:Best is the comment by Raja Vin (Sicmafia from our forum)  Concerts of Raaja - Page 14 1070224359

What DM, adha copy-paste pannAma vittA eppdi.

"குடியரசு நாட்டில் இளையராஜா என திமிர்பிடித்த கர்வ ஆணவத்துடன் வைத்துக்கொண்டுள்ள தன் பெயரை முதலில் இளையகுடிமகன் என மாற்றிக்கொள்ளட்டும்...மற்ற பேச்செல்லாம் அப்புறம்!"

runninglol 

But I am actually impressed by most of the comments. SudharchittAnga namma makkaLum OraLavukku this "arrogance propaganda" nonsense.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Nerd wrote:Not from 'that' gumbal but from a facebook celebrity (I don't know him, saw this being linked in twitter)

Per today's thirukkuRaL, that FB-poster has no "aRivu" & so no "adakkam" by extension :
https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t118p135-123#12962

அறிவறிந்து = "நான் இன்று, இந்தப்பொழுதில், இன்ன நிலையில் தான் இருக்கிறேன் என்று அறிவது"

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:

Lol. indha aaLa quote seyyara alavukku worth'aa nu nenachukittu irundhEn, neenga postitteenga. Typical reactions in comments also range inside that myopic "arrogant due to the many "I" references" view. Best is the comment by Raja Vin (Sicmafia from our forum)  rotfl

Typically best serious response from Plum:

https://twitter.com/nom_d_plum/status/424225326068011008

Like Plum's response. I had a suspicion that SJ comment would create some issues. But basically it was Raja getting annoyed.. because the question implied that the songs recorded by Raja have some input/improvisations from the singers which is not the case with him unlike other MDs. The young woman knows about the singing part but she thought the non-singing part was SJ's imagination which kind of irked Raja.
But I dont know who Suresh Kannan is and what he does - has he worked with high IQ individuals .. I might not be one :-( but I do have worked with high IQ individuals in the s/w industry. Raja's arrogance is nothing !!!!
(typical comment from my project lead - 'entha madaiyan intha code ezhudhinathu .. our mgr - 'yO saththamaa solladhE .. naan thaan' - proj lead 'sorry' with a laugh' This is very similar to the interactions between rAja and SPB etc).
SPB is also a smart guy.. he does not have a problem .. only people like Suresh Kannan get worked up on these.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:11 pm

regarding software.. should see how these guys wall up and become inaccessible. Even for big executives.
And when there is a hackathon or a codefest -they will open up only to collect your wows and appreciations.
Compared to that Raaja is humility personified.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:25 pm

jaiganesh wrote:regarding software.. should see how these guys wall up and become inaccessible. Even for big executives.
And when there is a hackathon or a codefest -they will open up only to collect your wows and appreciations.
Jai, I know .. I know.. too much of mediocrity in the movie industry ..and anything goes in the name of creativity .. nobody understands the structure/rigor that goes into WCM notating straight from the head .. rAja is very scientific ..methodical.. even though he will deny everything and say it is all spontaneous :-)

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:13 am

kiru wrote:
jaiganesh wrote:regarding software.. should see how these guys wall up and become inaccessible. Even for big executives.
Jai, I know .. I know.. too much of mediocrity in the movie industry ..and anything goes in the name of creativity .. nobody understands the structure/rigor that goes into WCM notating straight from the head .. rAja is very scientific ..methodical.. even though he will deny everything and say it is all spontaneous  :-)
We have to accept what Raaja says - it is spontaneous - He has strived and perfected himself over the years through a tremendous sadhakam.
He has found a spout in himself and is able to tap it - but as you have said it - it is his knowledge and preparation that helps him translate those ideas into a notation - and that is convenient to him.
for ignoramuses and their fans - it is irritating. I celebrate him for his hard work and knowledge and the ability to quickly translate a raw idea in a musical notation form.
As kamal said in that photo exhibition press meet - He is constantly improving his faculty in many spheres simultaneously and that is why his music too is lively. 
We need to learn how he keeps himself a learning machine even at this ripe age.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:23 am

@Jai - of course he is spontaneous. But what I was trying to say is he has trained himself in theory and he keeps applying the theory rigorously over and over again that it almost becomes second nature. This not only goes for composing the tune within the swaras of a raagam but also writing harmony lines for the main tune. The knowledge of raagams and harmony theory is something he uses rigorously with out resorting to trial and error. This is how I interpret your own point "strived and perfected" over the years. Actually, I was inspired to say this because of a point made by rjay (of tfmpage) to elaborate "genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration".

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:01 am

He has found a spout in himself and is able to tap it - but as you have said it - it is his knowledge and preparation that helps him translate those ideas into a notation - and that is convenient to him.
for ignoramuses and their fans - it is irritating. I celebrate him for his hard work and knowledge and the ability to quickly translate a raw idea in a musical notation form.

Actually, I was inspired to say this because of a point made by rjay (of tfmpage) to elaborate "genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration".

I don't believe 10,000hr rule but for a guy who took up formal training in music at the age of 28 and to make debut in TFM 5 yrs later is quite remarkable. always wondered what would Raaja been had he come to Sennai as a teen started at early-mid twenties like other successful MDs do.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:17 am

Wizzy wrote:

Actually, I was inspired to say this because of a point made by rjay (of tfmpage) to elaborate "genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration".

I don't believe 10,000hr rule but for a guy who took up formal training in music at the age of 28 and to make debut in TFM 5 yrs later is quite remarkable. always wondered what would Raaja been had he come to Sennai as a teen started at early-mid twenties like other successful MDs do.

I think that the innate genius and creativity was always there, not to mention, his probably encyclopedic knowledge of folk music by that time. The formal training was probably needed to cover the gaps in his knowledge, particularly wrt theory and consolidate his kElvi gnanam. SPB said once that IR used to play the Dr. Zhivago theme on harmonium, chords and all, even before he started learning WCM. IR himself writes in one of his books (don't remember which, I have just read a couple of scanned chapters) that as soon as he hears a piece of music, he is immediately able to process the underlying ideas and concepts, which is probably why he is able to master so many genres seemingly effortlessly.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:23 am

Wizzy wrote:@mayilSK, neat job, was wanting to do something like this but gave up after 10 min  Smile 

does anyone remember the orchestra playing  'Azhagu Malar ada'?,just the ludes,
which concert was it?
Italy concert

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:51 pm

Madurai concert in a few days from now

IR wrote:
இது, நான் குணமான பிறகு பங்கேற்கும் முதல் இசை நிகழ்ச்சியாகும். இதில் நிறைய பாடல்கள் இடம்பெறும். இடையே நானும் எனது இசையில் அமைத்த பாடல்களை பாடுவேன். கனடா, மலேசியா, லண்டன், ஆஸ்திரேலியா என பல வெளிநாடுகளில் இருந்தும் ரசிகர்கள் நிறைய பேர் வருகிறார்கள். மக்களை மகிழ்ச்சிப் படுத்தவே இங்கு வந்துள்ளேன். ரெக்கார்டிங் தியேட்டரில் பாடும் போது சிறிதளவு கூட பிழைகள் ஏற்படாது. ஆனால் நேரடியாக பாடும் போது பிழைகள் ஏற்பட வாய்ப்பு உண்டு.

அது நிகழாத வண்ணமும், ரிக்காடிங் தியேட்டரில் இசையமைத்த பாடல்கள் போன்றும் இங்கு பாடுவதற்கான வேலைகள் நடந்து வருகின்றன. நான் தற்போது நல்ல உடல் ஆரோக்கியத்துடன் தான் இருக்கிறேன். இசையினால் எனக்கு சோர்வு வராது. எனவே மருத்துவமனையில் இருந்து வந்த பிறகு தொடர்ந்து இசையமைத்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறேன். இந்த நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு டைரக்டர்கள் பாலா, பிரகாஷ்ராஜ், பார்த்திபன், மிஸ்கின், பால்கி உள்ளிட்ட பலர் வருகிறார்கள். இதில் எனது பெயரில் உருவாக்கப்பட்டுள்ள கிளப் அறிமுக விழாவும் நடைபெறும்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:08 pm

This is all too much Embarassed

இளையராஜாவின் சங்கீதத் திருநாள் என்ற தலைப்பில் நடக்கும் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு ரூ 1 லட்சத்துக்கும் அதிகமாக விலைகொடுத்து டிக்கெட் வாங்குவோருக்கு இளையராஜாவே தன் கையால் டிக்கெட்டைத் தருவார் என அறிவிக்கப்பட்டிருந்தது.

இதைத் தொடர்ந்து, மதுரையைச் சேர்ந்த இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகர் ஒருவர் ரூ 2.5 லட்சம் கொடுத்து டிக்கெட் வாங்கியுள்ளார்

I don't know why such gimmicky promotions...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Interview to "The Hindu"

Ahead of his music concert “Rajavin Sangeetha Thirunal” on April 5, Music maestro Ilaiyaraja speaks to T. Saravanan

Music is a source of entertainment for some, income for others but for Maestro Ilaiyaraja it is “chaste and divine,” he says. “You may go to the temple for mental peace. But you may be distracted there and forget the purpose of your visit. But this does not happen when you hear good music. For as long as you are listening, the song just holds you and you feel energised and greatly relieved,” he says

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Concerts of Raaja - Page 14 Empty Times of India on Madurai concert

Post  panniapurathar Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:24 am

Here is a link to Madurai concert

"The Madurai audience, which is used to whistling and clapping, kept quiet throughout the programme except for applauding when Ilayaraja asked them to enjoy not just the music, but every instrument played. "Listen to each instrument and it will purify your blood and enhance your wellbeing," he said."

Post a comment
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/madurai/Ilayaraja-wows-Madurai/articleshow/33302548.cms

panniapurathar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:14 pm

Songs list from twitter

Interesting to see a couple of Vijayakanth numbers Wink
(muthu maNi mAlai & chinna maNikkuyilu)...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next