Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerts of Raaja

+42
raagakann
counterpoint
irir123
nambik
V_S
irfan123
soco_sri
ank
panniapurathar
baroque
mayilSK
mythila
crimson king
ravinat
Drunkenmunk
fring151
Usha
vicks
D22_Malar
mavurundai
layman10
sheepChase
Raaga_Suresh
jaiganesh
rajkumarc
Sanjeevi
Karthikeyan
writeface
groucho070
Sakalakala Vallavar
SenthilVinu
equanimus
kiru
Admin
kameshratnam
Wizzy
kv
skr
Bala (Karthik)
plum
app_engine
sagi
46 posters

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down

Concerts of Raaja - Page 5 Empty Re: Concerts of Raaja

Post  SenthilVinu Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:51 pm

[quote="V_S"]
SenthilVinu wrote:

Very well said Senthil! Yes, the "completeness" is very important. The completeness is also because the way Maestro structures the tune and orchestration like no other. There is no randomness or vagueness or ambiguity in his compositions. It is very strict, we cannot take one note out or insert one note in. Same-way we cannot replace any instrument with the one played by Maestro. We cannot extend any instrument further beyond its time and place. Even the loudness and tone is perfectly controlled. By saying all the above, it obviously will run in our minds that how he creates so much music with this much strict template. It is all by perfect design. That's the awesomeness of a composer and his creations, well finished!.

Couldn't have said better. "Completeness" and design are good words to use here. Makes me remember MSV's words. During some Telugu function, Raja remarked how MSV sometimes tunes and seeks opinions from postmans, teaboys(to show MSV's humbleness) Contrasts that with his approach and says "I don't do that" (depreciating him in a way for his arrogance). MSV immediately grabs the mic and says "That's because, unlike me, you don't have any doubt in your music" :LAUGHTER Smile

kiru wrote:@Senthil - surprisingly IR himself used the stone/sculpture analogy once. I want to add though that the strings and chorus/harmony seem to be interchangeable.

Agree on chorus and strings but Raja has precise reasons for the usage of chorus instead of strings and vice versa.

The analogy is so basic in all arts. For example, a film is made in the editing room. Shooting is just preparation to edit. In editing room, if you know what to leave out, you are well on your way to find out the right sequence of images and the right narrative to tell the story.

SenthilVinu

Back to top Go down

Post  SenthilVinu Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:22 am

Raja concert in Toronto in Feb? May be the North American tour is on?

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/1000492DBB8FB65B?artistid=1786580&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=5

SenthilVinu

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:02 am

My wife was updating me about the Yuvan concert here, Yuvan Live @ KLIMF 2012, who's coming and all that, reading from updates from her friends in Facebook. First, she confirmed Kamal is coming. And then...

Mrs. Grouch: Ooooh....guess what. Someone important to you also coming?
Grouch: Eastwood?
Mrs. Grouch: Don't play. From Indian film.
Grouch: Who?
Mrs. Grouch: Your favourite composer!

This morning, I was driving to work, and used to take this highway, and you'd pass by this huge billboard promoting the Yuvan concert. Usually, it's just him up there with the rockstar pose. This morning, there he was, behind Yuvan, resplendent with his white suit. My Monday blues immediately vanished.
Check out the site
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:45 am

Listened to both pieces of Kadal. I think it should be wise for Mani to put this title card before starting the film, "long time ago in a galaxy far, far away."

ARR doing a pastiche of Banana Boat Song...geez, very sad. I mean, it, I really love his 90s/early 00s works, but this...
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:48 pm

plum wrote:Vasu was very sincere and effective in conveying his points.
I have been very critical of Vasu in the past. But regretting now. Sure, he made many bad movies, and apparently raped originals into ruined remakes. But listening to this....oh well...
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Yes, Vasu pesaradha kekkarakku nalla irukku

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:02 pm

Bala, SPM being parablade, not sure you are being critical. But, I yam always lauv this old man. One uniting factor for my household, retired-80s hardcorefanatic Kamal fan and current terroristrajinifan. Avar ennA pEsunAlum, vEEtula unity-thAn.
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:45 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Ilayarajas-live-concert-rescheduled/articleshow/17557516.cms

The Trinity Events Team has announced that the anticipated South Asian Grand Musical Event, 'Engeyum Eppothum Raja' Show (Maestro Live in Concert) by 'Isaignani' Dr. Ilayaraja and more than 100 artists, has been rescheduled to February 16, 2013 at Rogers Centre.

cheers

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:49 am

In these i. t. isaignani episodes, I liked SPB's comment - "he is embodiment of some... perfection". ..("avanukkE adhu eppadi varuthunu theriyadhunu ninaikkErEn") .. It did not look like he is praising or appreciating... but just an observation.. He also referred to him as an 'entity' if I am not mistaken.
I think people who worked close to him are completely aware that he is a genius (even if they dont like his personality) . As pointed out here, kEladi kanmani was composed in 30 minutes.. !!! To quite a knowledgeable people I think his bad songs or his lack of current market dominance does not matter. A fact is a fact - he is a genius. It does not change over time.
(BTW, many of these personalities, seem to have a good command over the English language (like Vasanth and SPB) and seem to be well-read)

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Bala (Karthik) wrote:Yugendhran is super!
SPBC, VY inherited their dads' voice. I think Yugendran missed it. Uniqueness of MV, I suppose. Met him once, in his white beard period, after heart surgery. Onniyum pEsa mudiyala, just asking about his health. Cheh! What a loss!
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:23 pm

kiru wrote:
(BTW, many of these personalities, seem to have a good command over the English language (like Vasanth and SPB) and seem to be well-read)

IIRC, SPB andhakkAlaththula irundha few engg seats'la idam kidaiththu padikka Arambiththavar. (Not sure if he had finished his engg. or had to drop out)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:13 pm

My day began with this video. Maestro's Coimbatore concert. Maestro first composed nila athu vaanathu mEla as a lullaby, can you ever imagine? I can't believe how he converted that song to a kuthu on the request of MR.
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Official Poster of "Isaigani Ilayaraja's Engeyum Eppothum Raja" Mega Musical Concert @ Rogers Centre 16 Feb 2013

Concerts of Raaja - Page 5 578037_264563983672025_1695525238_n
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  writeface Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:09 am

Thanks for the info. I am holding onto my tickets I bought for the San Jose concert. Hope he will show up there too.

Gokul

writeface

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:04 pm

is there any private concert happening today ?? my friend claims that he is in a private gathering of around 500 ppl with raja sir.. photo vera anuppirukkaan.. :scratching my head:
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanjeevi Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:33 pm

I think so. Raajavoda official facebook pakkathula irunthu sila peru thernthedukkappattu poyirukkiraargal

Sanjeevi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Concerts of Raaja - Page 5 36499_10151447883516802_2014906368_n
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:32 pm

This news report says 'engEyum eppOdhum' show @ Toronto, ON is rescheduled for Feb 16th :

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Engeyum-Eppodhum-Raja-on-Feb-16th/articleshow/18148125.cms

Engeyum Eppothum Raja a live concert featuring Indian Music legend Maestro Ilayaraja, which was previously cancelled due to unforeseen event is back on again. Trinity Events who are the main organizers of this event announced that the postponed show will take place on Feburary 16, 2013 at Toronto's Rogers Center.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:42 am

This blog talks about a concert at NJ

This is ‘Music’ quite literally, to the ears of particularly South Indian community in East Coast area. Come 23rd Feb 2013, and the prestigious Prudential Center Arena in Newark, NJ will play host to the Maiden Concert in the East Coast of the Maestro Ilayaraja.

cheers

Though I'm not very sure about driving there again within a month (been there only last week, to meet a close friend from India visiting his first grand child), would like to try Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  skr Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:10 am

App Sir ,
Poyittu Vaanga - SPB is also part of the concert and looks like it will be a great event with lots of artists participating..
We are expecting a lenghty post from you about the show Smile
Concerts of Raaja - Page 5 3495fuq

skr

Back to top Go down

Post  skr Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:14 am

Anil Srinivasan :
A dream about to be fulfilled. Navin Iyer and I present a tribute to the genius of Ilayaraja on the 15th of February at Music Academy. Very happy to feature singers Harini, Saindhavi and Rakesh Raghunathan and a great ensemble of musicians too. Ticket bookings have commenced at
http://www.ticketnew.com/OnlineTheatre/Theatre/DashBoardOnline.aspx?VenueID=Mjk0-248SS1vVwNg%3D#

skr

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:33 pm

About the NJ show

இளையராஜாவின் இந்த இசை நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு 100 டாலர் முதல் 500 டாலர் வரை கட்டணம் நிர்ணயிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்பிரமணியம், ஹரிஹரன், சித்ரா, மனோ உள்ளிட்டோர் கலந்து கொண்டு பாடவுள்ளனர். இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியைக் காண 18000 ரசிகர்கள் வரை வருவார்கள் என்று எதிர்பார்க்கப்படுகிறது.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:43 pm

SPB / KSC / HH / Yuvan in the NJ show

இளையராஜாவுடன் பிரபல பின்னணி பாடகர்கள் எஸ்.பி. பாலசுப்பிரமணியம், ஹரிஹரன், மனோ, கார்த்திக், விஜய் யேசுதாஸ், பாடகிகள் சித்ரா, சாதனா சர்கம், ஸ்வேதா மோகன் மற்றும் இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா, கார்த்திக் ராஜா ஆகியோர் கலந்து கொள்கின்றனர்.

As of now, it looks like I won't be able to drive Embarassed

However, there's still some last minute possibility...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:23 pm

rAsA in Toronto

கடந்த முறை போல் அல்லாது இந்த முறை இசைஞானி மிகுந்த சுறுசுறுப்புடன் , புன்முருவலுடனும் காணப்பட்டார். ரொறொன்ரோ பியர்சன் விமான நிலையத்தில் ஊடகங்களுக்கு பேட்டியளித்த இளையராஜா , கனடாவில் வந்திறங்கும் போது தன்னுடைய பிரபல பாடல்களில் ஒன்றான பனிவிழும் மலர் வனமே நினைவுக்கு வருவதாகக் கூறியதோடு ,

பனி விழும் மலர் வனம் நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு உங்கள் வரவே எங்களுக்கு வரம் எனவும் கூறி அசத்தினார்.

Interesting to see rAsA quoting Vairamuthu's varikaL Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:32 pm

ToI features a NEPV recording picture to report on the Toronto show

Maestro Ilaiyaraaja with Hungarian drummer Ferenc Nemeth in Angel Studios, London where he recorded the background score for Neethane En Ponvasantham

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next