Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maestro's magic in Neethaane En Ponvasantham

+19
raajarasigan
kid_glove
sheepChase
sid_316
jaiganesh
Cinemarasigan
Karthikeyan
Wizzy
Sanjeevi
CF
Bala (Karthik)
HonestRaj
plum
V_S
Sakalakala Vallavar
app_engine
groucho070
sagi
23 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Maestro's magic in Neethaane En Ponvasantham - Page 13 Empty Re: Maestro's magic in Neethaane En Ponvasantham

Post  V_S Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:51 am

plum wrote:yEs V_S. andha forumla post-Oda top right-la oru chinna button irukkum. adhula "Copy Shortcut"-nu oru option irukkum. adhai apdiyE linkA use paNNalAm..

There are two ways to do it. One is to restore the RE :<post title> header which we removed/disabled earlier from every post. If we put that back, we could get the URL of the post directly, by right-clicking and copying the link. Look-wise that is not that welcoming. Second one is to get a post number/id which you now see for every post. I am trying to get the link/URL to that number. I have added a javascript code (from main forum), still it is not working as expected. Queried now, should get response soon. If the second option does not work, then we have to re-enable the post title header, but we can rename the header.

Last edited by V_S on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Maestro's magic in Neethaane En Ponvasantham - Page 13 Empty Re: Maestro's magic in Neethaane En Ponvasantham

Post  V_S Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:13 am

At last I could make it. From all the initial reviews, I even thought, this film would not even have a decent story line and only music carries the movie forward (which is also true), but in the end, it was a wonderful experience. Even from BR's review and comments, I thought, they are 'just in love' and not more than that. Everything proved me false. This will remain as one of the best love classics, despite few shortcomings. What a movie! But honest, Nerd, App, plum, Jai all expressed nicely, I have nothing much to add, but I am thoroughly impressed with the story line and the way Gautham narrated it. Very close to real. I never felt the screenplay was slow, it went very fast for a love movie. The dialogues were casual and not laborious and dramatic.

Right from my school days, I was a big fan of love movies. I still remember when my school friends saw PayaNangaL Mudivathillai and told me to watch it. I asked them, what kind of film is that and they said it is a love story. To be honest, I don't even know at that time what that is. That was the first film which defined love for me and rang a bell in me. Very Happy All that infatuation started during that time. When I followed it up with Darling Darling Darling, Salangai Oli, Mudhal Mariyaathai KadalOra KavithagaL the feeling beautifully blossomed on me. During college years Varusham 16, Idhayathai ThirdaathE, Idhayam kind of movies proved how powerful love is. DDLJ, Parades, AlaipaayuthE, Azhagi, Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya, KSY took me to total different perspective of love. It's been a 30 year long journey with historic indian cinema with love never fading away. There are numerous love-based movies, but many didn't quite age well. Every movie I mentioned above has a lasting impact in me and with Neethaane En Pon Vasantham it has only increased that feeling in me. Since it focuses love right from their school days till their 30s, it is very special as it was a nostalgic trip down for me, in fact it should be for everyone.

Gautham has a special style of narration and he knows where to tap us. Many times we would have seen the boy going to attend his lover's wedding (to someone else), here it is interesting to see when the reverse happens. Just this aspect of the film, took this film to greater heights to me. How some petty issues causes a huge break-up is brilliantly done by Gautham. I loved the way Varun always puts the blame on her for their break-ups without realizing that the main cause for the break-up is only him. Another interesting aspect Gautham makes is, the girl loves more than the boy, that she accepts that it is her mistake for their break-up, even though it is actually not. I love his film-making. Apart from real characters, the terrace which also acts as a separate character and a special role in the film is again one of Gautham's best touch.

When it comes to picturization, Saaindhu Saaindhu and Satru Munbu is gorgeous on screen. Couldn't have put better, except in Saaindhu Saaindhu he could have reduced so many kisses, which looked so artificial. Next comes EnnOdu Vaa Vaa, especially for those million dollar expressions from Samantha. Mudhal Murai is too heavy for the film and Pengal Yendral was unnecessary as the previous scene to it already establishes that. Vaanam mellla was nicely done. When we start soaking in a song, Gautham immediately cuts it which kind of annoyed me from enjoying it fully. I think Gautham wanted to take the narration forward with the song (rather than songs acting as a filler), may be that's the reason, he interrupts. I loved the cuts when Varun and Nithya meets for the first time in the college, Varun's father calling from Australia (Gautham showing symbolically how his father's much awaited trip to Singapore was finally fulfilled), Varun conveying his unwillingness to marry that girl (with no dialogues).

I really loved the climax scene. Starting with Nithya entering the marriage hall till she leaves, that is film's one of biggest strength. During their conversations past midnight, they recap their wonderful days with Nithya doing most of the talking again proving how much she loves her. On the other hand, Varun was very harsh in saying, 'I hate you', but we have to applaud Gautham for hiding the inner meaning in that. Lots of applause to Gautham for that. During their whole conversation they never talk about love, which I really liked it. That subdued and quiet environment/neighborhood, is very apt for their mood, with Satru Munbu I could not ask for better. One of the best movie in terms of climax.

I didn't miss much background score, as the songs itself provided that narrative support what bgm had to do. Still it would have been better with a fresh theme music at-least.

Never thought Samantha can act this well. Shocked I was overwhelmed with every minute expressions of her.
-Her face gushing out 'red' when she sees Varun again at the tutorial.
-Spontaneous changing of expression when Varun says 'Neethaan vEnum'nu solli irukkanum'
-Million dollar expressions during EnnOdu Vaa Vaa song, every second of it.
-When Varun says he is engaged, darling of embarrasment shown in her face.
-When her sister gets married and she congratulates her while weeping inside. Beautiful, you lady!
-The whole marriage reception scene and the climax. That's the ultimate moment for me in the entire film with satru munbu in the background.
-The best one is when she weeps in her bedroom and her mother consoles her.
-When Varun explains the history to Nithya's father and Nithya's acting listening to him from upstairs.
-And many more...

Definitely there are some flaws. One which immediately comes to my mind is when Varun does not disclose about his family to Nithya even when he was moving away from her. Same way Varun meets Nithya's family only during the end does not go well and not believable. When Nithya expresses her love to Varun. Jeeva's acting there, horrible. Is this the way you reciprocate your love? Stone-deaf acting. Jeeva did this kind of stone-deaf acting many time in the film. He could have emoted little better. Santhanam was very good, except the love happening between him and that girl was so forced.

I really loved the film and planning to watch again, especially for Maestro's music, non-dramatic story-telling, Samantha's acting and expressions and the climax scene. Another reason to love this film is after almost two days since I watched this film, the film, characters, music all revolve around me even during sleep which happened to only few love films mentioned above. So this will remain as a classic to me. Very Happy
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:58 am

Super kit aalbam seems getting sold, clubbed along with NEPV!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQHEVEI/

கடல் ஆல்பத்த http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQHEVEI/ … … நீஎபொவ’த்த காட்டிதான் கொஞ்சமாச்சும் விற்க முடியுதாம்!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Sweet post, V_Sji...romba romantic mood-kku pOyitteenga pOlirukku Laughing

Luckylook blog has a lavishingly-praising-post today on NEPV (quite late in the game)...but most of the commenters there reflect the negativity that happened with TN public:

http://www.luckylookonline.com/2013/01/blog-post_4.html

முன்னெப்போதும் இல்லாத அளவுக்கு ராஜாவின் இசையை மட்டுமே பிரதானமாக நம்பி இப்படம் எடுக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. ராஜாவின் நண்பர்கள் அவருடைய இசையில் படமெடுத்திருக்கிறார்கள். ராஜாவே சொந்தமாக படம் எடுத்திருக்கிறார். ஆனால் இதுவரை எந்த இயக்குனரும் தன்னுடைய ஈகோவை சுத்தமாக விட்டுக் கொடுத்து, அவருக்கு தந்திராத மிகப்பெரிய இடத்தை, கவுரவத்தை நீ.எ.பொ.வ.வில் கவுதம் தந்திருக்கிறார். நாடி, நரம்பெல்லாம் ராஜாவின் இசைவெறி ஏறிப்போன ஒரு ரசிகனால் மட்டுமே இப்படிப்பட்ட படத்தை கொடுக்க முடியும். படத்தின் டைட்டிலே ராஜாவுக்கு செய்யப்பட்டிருக்கும் tributeதான் எனும்போது, மேலும் விளக்கி விளங்கிக்கொள்ள ஏதுமில்லை.
once again thank you gautham!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:Super kit aalbam seems getting sold, clubbed along with NEPV!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQHEVEI/

கடல் ஆல்பத்த http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQHEVEI/ … … நீஎபொவ’த்த காட்டிதான் கொஞ்சமாச்சும் விற்க முடியுதாம்!

nInga solRA mAdhiriyum sollalAM lol!

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:48 am

V_S wrote:
plum wrote:yEs V_S. andha forumla post-Oda top right-la oru chinna button irukkum. adhula "Copy Shortcut"-nu oru option irukkum. adhai apdiyE linkA use paNNalAm..

There are two ways to do it. One is to restore the RE :<post title> header which we removed/disabled earlier from every post. If we put that back, we could get the URL of the post directly, by right-clicking and copying the link. Look-wise that is not that welcoming. Second one is to get a post number/id which you now see for every post. I am trying to get the link/URL to that number. I have added a javascript code (from main forum), still it is not working as expected. Queried now, should get response soon. If the second option does not work, then we have to re-enable the post title header, but we can rename the header.

At last I made it. Yahoo! Now we can see the link just above your avatar on every post, which is the URL of the post. Thanks for your patience. Smile
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:59 am

Thanks V_S for your persistent efforts.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:01 pm

அப்ப்டியே தேனில் நனைத்து எடுத்து சாப்டா எப்டி இருக்கும்?!

https://soundcloud.com/maruthi-nambi/saindhu-saindhu-guitar-full

&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw6ZFnFDWyQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKYsfD82uTE

Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 pm

plum wrote:Thanks V_S for your persistent efforts.

+1000

In whatever possible form, please have a backup of all your code V_Sji!

(Sorry for being a skeptic here, as this is not our own server, eppO vENA enna vENA nadakkalAm Embarassed )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:26 pm

Samantha is vikatan's best actress for last year. Namma padaththukku dhaan Very Happy

Twist ennannaa, best actor ilayathalapathi. adakkarumamE Twisted Evil

Sujatha used to give out this awards in his kattradhum pettradhum..

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:18 pm

Review by a (possible) pA mA ka activist

'படம் என்றால் அது மெசேஜ் சொல்ல வேண்டும். சமூக சீர்திருத்தத்திற்கு பாடுபட வேண்டும்' என்கிற எதிர்பார்ப்பெல்லாம் எனக்கு இல்லை. தவறான பழக்கங்களைத் திணிக்காத வகையில், ஆபாசத்தை அள்ளி வீசாத அளவுக்கு திரைப்படங்கள் இருந்தால் போதும்.

புதிய படங்கள் வெளிவரும்போது அவசரப்பட்டு பார்க்காமல், வலைப்பூ விமர்சனங்களையும் பத்திரிகை விமர்சனங்களையும் படித்துவிட்டு படம் பார்க்க போவது உண்டு. அந்தவகையில் 'நீதானே என் பொன்வசந்தம்' குறித்த வலைப்பூ விமர்சனங்களும் ஆனந்தவிகடன் விமர்சனமும் அப்படத்தை மோசமாகவே சித்தரித்திருந்தன. ஆனால், திரையில் படத்தைப் பார்த்தபோது அந்த விமர்சனங்கள்தான் மோசமாக தெரிந்தன.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Thanks plum and App.
app_engine wrote:
In whatever possible form, please have a backup of all your code V_Sji!

(Sorry for being a skeptic here, as this is not our own server, eppO vENA enna vENA nadakkalAm Embarassed )
You are absolutely right. I have taken the code backup now.

V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Seems like more and more people are getting into the NEPV groove slowly. Initially there were many reviews done in a hurry with some prejudice over the director/composer. It's good to hear mostly positive reviews lately, but AV/Kumudam/media should have thought twice before coming with some hurried/premature reviews. It might have helped the movie run better and even shut those bad-mouths. It is one of best films of this year and to me the very best and a classic.

Is the movie still running in India?
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:18 am

- Finally watched it, and liked it very much.
- Wife is nuts about it. Watched it continuously (our version of DTH, you get 48 hours to watch as much as possible). Urging me to get the DVD.
- Jiiva was surprisingly not annoying.
- Samantha, as everyone said, is good. But then considering the appalling qualities of performances other actresses are giving and been given support to, she's stands out.
- Like the way the songs are spread, most of which worked as background score.

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one." - Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood in Dead Pool)
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:23 am

groucho Smile

BTW, kuzhandhaippoNNu sondhakkuralil pEsi irukku...adhu paththi neenga onnum sollalai Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:40 am

ada AmA illa, dubbed actress pArthu pArthu pazhagi pOchu. Yes, in that case she gets extra marks. Really did well, I suspect she might end up in Bollywood. VidamAttanungga.

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one." - Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood in Dead Pool)
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:27 am

grouch,
Super!.Glad you liked it. Expecting a detail review'nga. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 am

Sorry, V_S, ippo ulla nilamayila time kidaikkarathu konjam apoorvam, that's why the short posts. I need check your latest on Sri Raama Rajyam and the posts in the NEPV. Let's see if I get some extra time, definitely. More than me, my wife should write a review. Even when the ads comes (promoting the DTH), she's totally hypnotised. I had to take care of our son on the first viewing, including making him sleep. She had extra viewing after that, and then the next day, she compromised and took care of the boy while I watched (missed half an hour of the middle section first time).

My only complaint: Gautham belting the original and the girls exclaiming that Jiiva (to me, meaning Gautham) sang very well!!!! That song is untouchable, vonly SPB. Twisted Evil

groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  balaji.r Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:48 pm

groucho070 wrote:-
- Like the way the songs are spread, most of which worked as background score.

Exactly. One of the best album in recent time.

balaji.r

Back to top Go down

Post  HonestRaj Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:44 am

Menon-Elred Tussle
"This is the part which I find most difficult to talk about. One of the biggest reasons Mr Elred holds as my 'mistake' in NEP, was this choice I made of a certain senior technician. The same technician who added value in terms of sale rights much higher than RS could have expected. The same technician because of whom there was a tremendous buzz to the movie. And more importantly, at the felicitation of this senior technician-where 100 foreign musicians were flown down for the function (which I spent for along with Jaya TV), Mr Elred came up on stage and spoke as well. But he has said to me directly, and to others that it was this very choice that he holds against me and wants me to pay for. Would anyone consider that a 'mistake'? And one that I must pay for so dearly?"

Read more at: http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/news/2013/gautham-menon-elred-controversy-105626.html#slide106964
HonestRaj
HonestRaj

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:51 am

I guess Gautam continues to be in trouble...

I saw two snippets here and there - that Surya has got out of "dhuruva * " & HJ is offering to do music for Gautam again (possibly wants to show off as "saviour", after other MD's allegedly put him in deep financial trouble)...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  dilbert Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:06 pm

app_engine wrote:I guess Gautam continues to be in trouble...

I saw two snippets here and there - that Surya has got out of "dhuruva * " & HJ is offering to do music for Gautam again (possibly wants to show off as "saviour", after other MD's allegedly put him in deep financial trouble)...

om ganeshaya namaha - break that coconut I say !! my first post rotfl 

Naannum Vandutean-na afro 

A Big shout out goes to all my homeboys !!

Grouchoboy,
App_engine
Nerd
Jaiganes
joe
plum - master
Bala within Parentheses karthik (hope maddy is doing good, convey my regards to her )
And others (not sure how many of'em are here)

dilbert

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:23 pm

Welcome to the forum, Dilbert!

Hope you'll enjoy the discussions here Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13