Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்!

+26
thiruvizha
sid_316
equanimus
nasc
Michael AF
Joe
HonestRaj
balaji.r
kid_glove
Sanjeevi
mythila
Kaaling
Hamid
Cinemarasigan
jaiganesh
app_engine
Wizzy
V_S
groucho070
CF
plum
Karthikeyan
sagi
Bala (Karthik)
Sakalakala Vallavar
30 posters

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்! - Page 3 Empty Re: உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்!

Post  Wizzy Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 am

As CF says don't think the DTH release will eat into the theater viewing public, if anything it would increase
FDFS audience, with DTH taking the stream to places which doesn't have simultaneous release or to peeps who abhor going to theaters for various reasons.

I would take it a step further and syndicate the title after its initial exclusive run. By this way he can realize the maximum of profit which comes with exclusivity and air space/more viewers with syndication. This is godsent for smaller movies whose release gets pushed around owing to lack of theaters or sheer thuggery of distributors, hopefully this also breaks the jinx and brings in the Hallmark movie model here.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்! - Page 3 Empty Re: உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்!

Post  CF Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:18 am

plum wrote: the point you made about DTH release getting extra viewers like your family - this needs a wider airing.

Oh,you read that there?Now am wondering why I edited that part out here Surprised

It's a fact right,a DTH/DVD/TV release is only for people who are unlikely to get out of their homes.

Considering the cost of a family going out to a movie these days,these guys are deprived of a larger audience which is a cash loss.

The College going kids,FDFS fans will continue to visit the theatres-DTH,DVD or TV.

My only grouse is KH has been talking all this for a long time now but for reasons which he has never explained has not taken the jump.

Now too,things are murky but somebody like the South head of UTV talking about it brings hope that it is true.

Hope he does not get pressurized to backdown to the goons who run the show.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:40 pm

http://www.cablesankaronline.com/2012/12/031212.html

விஸ்வரூபம் படத்தை வெளியாகும் நாள் அன்றே டிடிஎச் ஒளிபரப்பில் ஒரு நாள் மட்டும் ப்ரீமியம் விலையில் வெளியிட கமல் முடிவெடுத்திருப்பதாய் ஒரு செய்தி வலம் வருகிறது. இது உண்மையாக இருக்கும் பட்சத்தில் மீண்டும் கமல் ஒரு புதிய வியாபார யுக்தியை தமிழ் சினிமாவிற்கு அறிமுகப்படுத்துவதாய் அமையும். வழக்கம் போல விநியோகஸ்தர்கள் இதனை எதிர்க்கிறார்கள் என்று கேள்வி. சாட்டிலைட் மற்றும் கேபிள் டிவி ஒளிபரப்பை தடை செய்ய வேண்டும் என்று சினிமாக்காரர்கள் எல்லாரும் ஊர்வலம் போன போது, “இது டெக்னாலஜியின் வளர்ச்சி அதனால் அதனுடன் சேர்ந்து வளர கற்றுக் கொள்ள வேண்டும்” என்று சொன்னதற்காக கருங்காலி என்று பட்டம் கொடுத்தார்கள். ஆனால் இன்றைக்கு படமெடுப்பதே சாட்டிலைட் தொலைக்காட்சிக்காக என்றாகிவிட்ட நிலை இருக்கிறது. படம் வெளியான ஒரே வாரத்தில் தமிழில் முதன் முதலாய் கமலின் நாயகன் படம் ஒரிஜினல் வீடியோ கேசட் வெளியானது. படமும் வெற்றி, கேசட்டும் வெற்றிகரமாக விற்றது. அது போல தமிழ் சினிமாவில் வெளிநாட்டு எப்.எம்.எஸ் மார்க்கெட்டை யூரோப், ஏசியா, மிடில் ஈஸ்ட் என்று தனித்தனியே பெரிய பட்ஜெட் படங்களுக்கான மார்க்கெட்டை கண்டுபிடித்து விற்பனை செய்ய ஆரம்பித்ததும் கமல் தான். இப்படி பல விஷயங்களுக்கு முன்னோடியாய் திகழும் கமலை இன்று பலர் திட்டினாலும் பிற்காலத்தில் நிச்சயம் வாழ்த்துவார்கள். படம் வெளியான ரெண்டாவது வாரத்தில் சாட்டிலைட் உரிமத்தை விற்ற பெருமை பிரமிட் நடராஜனுக்கே உண்டு. ஆனால் அன்றைய நிலையில் தயாரிப்பாளர்கள் எல்லாம் வீடு தேடி வந்து ப்ரச்சனை செய்தார்கள் என்று சொல்வார்கள். ஆனால் இன்று அதுதான் பல தயாரிப்பாளர்களின் முதலீட்டில் அறுபது முதல் எழுபது சதவிகித வருமானத்தையே தரும் விஷயமாய் ஆகிவிட்டது.
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:51 pm

basically something like 'legalising prostitution'... no?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:41 pm

2040 wrote:basically something like 'legalising prostitution'... no?

No. DTH is not meant just for stopping piracy. Why shud DTH operators spend 50C just to stop piracy which i none of their business?? DTH release is a way to make money from the immovables those who won't and can't go to theaters for various reasons.

In yesteryears, esp during Naayagan itself, the Tape was released on day 1 of the theatrical release. Now the same idea on a different medium, DTH which is technically advanced in many counts.
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:46 pm

CF wrote:
Nerd,

As far as a DTH release facilitating High resolution piracy,I feel in 2012,even without a DTH premiere,prints are going to float around,so why bother.In fact he should take this to the logical end and release original DVD's at a reasonable cost a week after theatrical release.
No, I think you really do not know the market w.r.to this. On the day of the release or on the next day illegal prints will be out in the Internet/VCD market. But the print will be horrible since it will be shot by a digital camera. So only about 5% of illegal watchers watch these prints. Then they release a TC (TeleCine, copying digitally from the reels / print) rip about 7-8 days after the release. The print will still be horrible but it will be watchable. So around 25% of the thiruttu VCDians settle for this. Then after a month or so, the Malaysian (Economy) DVDs will start coming out. More than decent prints will be out in the Internet and in thiruttu VCD stores. This is the print most people choose to watch. Which is about 95% of illegal watchers. Some folks (many of my friends) still wait to watch it in HQ-DVD prints, which will be released say 2 months after the theatrical release. To give some context, pizza which was released last month, the economy DVD was out sometime last week. So that 'more than decent' print is circulating in the Internet and in the VCD market. Only very few (who are oblivious to thiruttu watching)will go to theaters or spend money to watch that movie on PPV now.

With Viswaroopam, if DTH can be pirated, you are releasing HQ-DVD Rips which means even the 5% who wait for such prints can watch it the day of the release. I will watch it in big screens since it is a Kamal film but say if it happened for a maattraan, which I saw it in big screen btw, I would not have bothered. Same is the case with millions of people, I can tell you.

Sorry about the long post, but if piracy can be controlled (refer to Sakala's post) this will be a #megawin, otherwise it will be a disaster. But Kamal would have done his research Smile

Last edited by Nerd on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:01 pm

I have 2 contrasting points wrt piracy.

Yes you can track down the DTH connection but by the time the prints wud have gone viral. Also whats use in catching a person, he anyways won't be returning the loss amount!!! Also, i have other doubts like, what if the pirater combines prints from multiple DTH copies?? And also is DTC connections being location tracked?? There is no way if someone had moved to unknown location, from the address given in the DTH application. Also, i guess there are no ID proof taken along with DTH connection i guess.

The contrasting info is, how is all this managed in HW and BW where DTH PPV releases are already functional! Though they are releasing atleast after 1 month, still, some ppl wud have tried to rip it. How was those scenarios handled
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Nerd,
Thanks.

I really did not know all this.I prefer not watching a film than watching it on illegal prints/downloads(No offence meant at all Smile )

So what you are saying is that a DTH might ensure that 100 % of illegal watchers will have access to high quality cinema from Day 1 while now the time lag is about 2 months.

So there is a chance now that X % from about the 70 % who wait for a good print might end up watching the movie in theatre after reading/hearing good reports.That might get nullified.

But look at this the other way,there is, say ,a Y % of people who will never go to the theatre nor watch it in illegal downloads nor on TV(timing,ad breaks,on special occasions when there will be other work).

This section waits for an original DVD release which unfortunately in Tamil is not happening in a big way.

I am one of that Y % (excl a Kamal film)and am sure that this % is higher than the X % of 70 % who might go to the theatre instead of waiting for High resolution rips

So,KH is taking a gamble that he will still end up covering more # of people without impacting the theatre occupancy(based on how it is received).

If the economics is working,I feel it's a gamble worth taking.

More importantly,this will change the rules of the game for the better.Small films will get a breather and a big film will have one more stream to cover it's cost/make money.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:13 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:
2040 wrote:basically something like 'legalising prostitution'... no?

No. DTH is not meant just for stopping piracy. Why shud DTH operators spend 50C just to stop piracy which i none of their business?? DTH release is a way to make money from the immovables those who won't and can't go to theaters for various reasons.

In yesteryears, esp during Naayagan itself, the Tape was released on day 1 of the theatrical release. Now the same idea on a different medium, DTH which is technically advanced in many counts.

neither legalising prostitution is only to control such illegal activities...
it is a money making industry by itself...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:23 pm

CF wrote:Nerd,
Thanks.

I really did not know all this.

yes, Nerd's post clarified many things i didn't know, means, how the piracy market works...
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:10 pm

plum wrote:Nerd - you may want to edit your post. Long shot dhaan but edhukku vambu?
(I will delete this post after you edit)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by plum on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edhirigaL jAakkiradhai!)

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Plum, done Surprised

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Nerd,
Excellent post, exactly you read my mind. That was my biggest concern and the reason for my earlier post. Yes, with Kamal, he would have already studied this.
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:32 am

For Viswaroopam Audio launch Entry Pass, click the below link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFlaZ1VEOFhBWFlTdi04eFlhc1dUYWc6MQ

fill the above form and to avail both Entry Pass & Audio CD as well as Talaivar Darisinam
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:53 am

It is confirmed that Kamal Haasan and his Raj Kamal Film International
(RKFI) will directly release his magnum opus Viswaroopam in theatres.
RKFI has now started booking theaters in Tamil Nadu for Vishwaroopam
which will be the big Pongal release on January 11.

A few days back there were rumours that Kamal had tied up with a major
DTH player to have a simultaneous release in theaters and on television.

The Tamil Nadu theater organisations is said to have protested and the plan was quietly shelved.

A veteran distributor is helping RKFI to get good screens. Viswaroopam has already been censored with an UA certificate.

The promotions for the film will start from December 7 when the audio of
the film will be launched in three key cities in Tamil Nadu.

http://www.sify.com/movies/rkfi-to-m...fmRwebicb.html

Karthi,

Pls confirm the news that DTH premiere has been dropped.

If he is directly handling the release,logically he should not have problems implementing his idea,right?

Also,who is the veteran distributor who is helping him?Aascar?

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:32 am

Oscar is taking NSC it seems.

Premier will be in L.A.

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:36 am

B(K),
Any news on the DTH thing?

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 am

DTH seems to be on...

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:28 pm

Amazon link for buying Sound tracks, available from Dec 7th
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vishwaroopam-Tamil/dp/B00AHRZQ1Y/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354690556&sr=301-1

Waiting for Flipkart Flyte link
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Bala (Karthik) wrote:Oscar is taking NSC it seems.

Premier will be in L.A.

Bala (Karthik) wrote:DTH seems to be on...

Good!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Hmmm!

Probably some vested interest hellbent on spreading the news that it's off or maybe it's really dropped(Sad if it's true).

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:03 pm

DTH is ON! Kamal met producers and clarified, it seems they agreed!

Dhananjayan Govind ‏@Dhananjayang
The DTH premiere will be done through a new technology whereby it is encripted & cannot be recorded by anyone. Producers unanimously support
Expand
5m Dhananjayan Govind ‏@Dhananjayang
Kamal Sir's plan is the DTH premiere shall happen 8 hours prior to the film's release in theatres.1st ever plan in World for such a premiere
Expand
7m Dhananjayan Govind ‏@Dhananjayang
Kamal sir met Producers & chamber officials & explained his plan for #Viswaroopam's Direct to Home Premiere plan thro DTH operators:-)
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:07 pm

தக்காளதோளி இப்போ பேசுங்கடா moviecrow நாய்களா

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Fantastic news though I fail to understand how meeting producers will help him.Chumma presentation vena kuddukkalam and he can tell how this is another means of covering cost b4 release.

To remove apprehensions,Nyayama theatre owners-a dhaan meet pannanum.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:16 pm

one thing i am not clear...

how is it not possible to record the movie when playing in the tv... they say encrypted and all... but still... if i am not wrong, a normal VCR connected to the tv can record whatever plays in the tv right??

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum