Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்!

+26
thiruvizha
sid_316
equanimus
nasc
Michael AF
Joe
HonestRaj
balaji.r
kid_glove
Sanjeevi
mythila
Kaaling
Hamid
Cinemarasigan
jaiganesh
app_engine
Wizzy
V_S
groucho070
CF
plum
Karthikeyan
sagi
Bala (Karthik)
Sakalakala Vallavar
30 posters

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்! - Page 2 Empty Re: உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்!

Post  Karthikeyan Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:31 pm

I don't think Kamal is backing out .. this is going to work !
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்! - Page 2 Empty Re: உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்!

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:23 am

http://www.gulte.com/movienews/13019/Siddharths-fitting-reply-to-Mega-Heros-PR
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:43 am

Who the hell is this: "PR of mega heroes" - Golti dastards, ozhungaave ezhudha maattaanga

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:56 am

I have this book, published in early 90s (in fact it was 1990, if I can recall, goodam buried in one of those piles), where the author interviews Scorcese, Spielberg and Lucas on the future of movies where they discuss High-Def TV and how movies will be broadcasted straight to audiences' homes via satellite.

Totally with Plum here. Break the myth, show who's da boss. We have some sort of preliminary here, with our Astro First and Astro Best channels in our satellite. Foreign films take a bit of time, but local Malay films go straight to home on release date (maybe a week delay), and the fee is not that exorbitant either.
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Come on, Kamal, show them how you have always been ahead. DTH is not harmful to big screen. Sure, going to Thirupathi is awesome, but don't they pray at home first, lifelong, before desiring the real thing in a big temple. Your metaphor...hmmm....is it analogy?...adavidungappa...people will still go to big screen. They are fucking scared! Plum, more comments please....
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:22 pm

grouch - I am not an expert on Market Dynamics and I have no field contacts like Bala or Anbar. But sitting here with no background, it is effing obvious to me that this model will work for quality content. And Bala for example quoted my post and said his contact Narasimhan said similar things. What sickens me is that despite no knowledge of these dynamics, I could predict how our distributor network will react. mothathula, it is all doomed. indha tamil cinema industry uruppadAma dhAN pOga pOgudhu.

My dream is Rajini-Kamal get together and suttu thallify a seriss of quickies with screenplays suiting their age and playing on their relationship dynamics. A sort of go back to the 70s - Rajini-Kamal were a significant pair who ushered in meaningful cinema in Tamil using their charisma and dynamism to support good film makers. Then, Rajini settled for less and created a monster which is bloody being milked by Youth Commander like fellers with zero charisma and talent. Rajini owes it to Kamal and TF to change the face of Tamil Cinema again...But unfortunately he is saddled with thennaiya pethA eLanIru daughters who will milk his image to the last paisa.

Well, as I speculated earlier, wait for 2019 and the Vijay-25 programme in Vijay TV wherein Ajith kisses Vijay and Tamizh filmdom thiRandhufies to hail the great actor and star Vijay...this is what is written for Tamil film fans.
Meanwhile, Ranbir Kapoor will be a thespian and Shahid Kapoor the greatest actor India has ever seen, possibly with an Oscar apiece.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Plum gaaru, nice thoughts. eppadi sir ippadi ellam ezhutha mudiyudhu. :paaraattukkaL:
I have only one question. Will this not lead to more piracy compared to what we are seeing now already? That too a very clear print (not even cam print) would be available the very first day.
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:57 pm

i dont know - I dont have enough knowledge to analyse how best to make this work. Maybe, inimE, thiruttu DVDum producer-E copy pOttu vithuttA piracy proceeds directA producerukku pOyidumO?

( dei mAdhavA epdidA unakku mattum ipdiyellAm idea varudhu...ennamo pOda

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:01 pm

plum wrote:Maybe, inimE, thiruttu DVDum producer-E copy pOttu vithuttA piracy proceeds directA producerukku pOyidumO?
lol!
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:08 pm

Kamal has always been a pioneer hasn't he. Overseas releases, wide releases ellaam avar koNdu vandhadhu dhaanE. But I really don't understand how can he sell it to such an exorbitant amount. I mean 50 C, really? And I read somewhere that PPV are ads-free. How the hell will they make money then? And they really can't charge anything more than say Rs.300 per view right?!

Also I have the same question as V_Sji - Is DTH, 100% piracy free? Otherwise even before the film hits the theaters, it will be all over the Internet with high definition print rips and that will affect the overseas market at least. And people instead of paying Rs.300 for PPV can buy the film for a mere Rs.30 in the VCD market. But I guess he is mainly targetting the naarth since they are well into PPV.

Selling satellite rights for 50C is a different matter since it comes with so many perks (Ads, multiple broadcasts etc.)

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Nerd, 50C is supposedly for 3 languages and also will include the later instances of PPV, which may be after, say 1 or 2 months. Assume that it somewhat impresses mainstream audiences, then the later PPV can be profitable. And i guess there will be ads but not like the ones we see in channels.

And wrt piracy, each and every DTH customer gonna get unique rumbers at unique places of screen at unique times and this apart, there shud be much more complicated, individual embedded stuff via sound and other things which will allow to track down the individual. So its still not possible to stop prints but can track down the person

Last edited by Sakalakala Vallavar on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:23 pm

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2012/12/why-this-fear-kollywood-165643.html

திருட்டு விசிடி பிரச்சினை

சினிமாக்காரர்களிடம் போய் உங்களது தலையாய பிரச்சினை என்ன என்று கேட்டால் ஒரே குரலில் ஒட்டுமொத்தமாக அவர்கள் கூக்குரலிடாத குறையாக சொல்வது திருட்டு விசிடி மற்றும் டிவிடி பிரச்சினையைத்தான். சரி இதை ஒழிக்க என்ன நடவடிக்கை என்று அவர்களிடம் அடுத்த கேள்வியைக் கேட்டால், அரசு உறுதியாக நடவடிக்கை எடுக்க வேண்டும் என்று சொல்வார்கள்.

சினிமாக்காரர்களே ஒழிக்கலாமே

ஆனால் உண்மையில் திருட்டு விசிடி-டிவிடியை ஒழிப்பது என்பது சினிமாக்கார்ரகளின் கையில்தான் உள்ளது என்பதை அவர்கள் புரிந்து கொள்வதில்லை அல்லது புரிந்து கொள்ள முயல்வதில்லை அல்லது முன்வருவதில்லை.

கமல் என்ன சொல்ல வர்ராருன்னா...!

திருட்டு டிவிடியைத் தடுக்க ஒரே நேரத்தில் திரையரங்குகளிலும், டிவி சேனல்களிலும் வெளியிட வேண்டும், டிவிடி, இன்டெர்நெட் ஒளிபரப்பு உரிமை தர வேண்டும் என்பது கமல்ஹாசன் நீண்ட நாட்களாகச் சொல்லி வரும் விஷயம். இதை இதுவரை திரையுலகைச் சேர்ந்த யாருமே ஆமோதித்ததும் இல்லை, கருத்துச் சொன்னதும் இல்லை. அதை விட்டு விட்டு எதற்கெடுத்தாலும் அரசையே அண்டி வருவதை ஒரு பாலிசியாகவே வைத்துள்ளனர்.

பிரச்சினை தீருமே!

தியேட்டருக்கு படம் வரும் அதேசமயத்தில் டிவி சேனல்களுக்கும் ரைட்ஸ் கொடுத்து ஒரே நேரத்தில் வெளியிடுவது, டிவிடி, இன்டர்நெட் உரிமைகளையும் ஹோல்சேலாக கொடுத்து விடுவது என்பது நிச்சயம் சினிமாவுக்கு ஆரோக்கியமான விஷயம்தான். இதனால் தயாரிப்பாளர்களுக்கு உரிய தொகை கிடைத்து விடும் என்பதோடு அத்தனை பேரும் ஒட்டுமொத்தமாக படத்தைப் பார்க்கும் வாய்ப்பும் அமைவதால், திருட்டு விசிடி, டிவிடிகளுக்கு வேலையில்லாமல் போகும் என்பதும் உள்ளடங்கியுள்ளது.

கமலை ஏற்க மனசில்லையோ?

கமல்ஹாசன், தான் இதுவரை சொல்லி மட்டுமே வந்த விஷயத்தை தற்போது தனது விஸ்வரூபம் மூலம் கையில் எடுத்திருப்பதாக தெரிகிறது. ஆனால் அதை ஏற்க சினிமாக்காரர்களுக்கும், தியேட்டர்காரர்களுக்கும் மனசில்லை என்று தெரிகிறது.

'ரிஸ்க்' எடுக்கத் துணிந்த கமல்

புதிய விஷயம் எப்போதுமே ஆரம்ப கட்ட சிக்கல்களையும், சிரமத்தையும் கொடுக்கத்தான் செய்யும். ஆனால் அதுவே ஒரு வெற்றியைப் பெற்று விட்டால் அதைக் கொண்டாடத் தொடங்கி விடலாம். கமல்ஹாசன் கிட்டத்தட்ட தனது மிகப் பெரிய படத்தையே அடகு வைத்து, பெரும் ரிஸ்க் எடுத்து களத்தில் இறக்கத் தயாராக இருக்கும்போது அதை வேடிக்கை பார்க்கக் கூட இவர்கள் தயாராக இல்லை என்பது போலவே எண்ணத் தோன்றுகிறது.

தைரியம் இல்லையே!

நிச்சயம் கமல்ஹாசனைத் தவிர வேறு யாருக்குமே இந்த அளவுக்கு ரிஸ்க் எடுக்கும் துணிச்சல் வராது என்பது ஒருபுறம் இருக்க அவர் செய்யப் போகும் முயற்சி எப்படி இருக்கும் என்பதைக் கூட உட்கார்ந்து கவனிக்க தைரியம் இல்லை என்பதை ஆச்சரியம்தான்.

டிவியையும் கமல்தான் பாராட்டினார்

இதே கமல்ஹாசன்தான் டிவியால் சினிமாவுக்கு ஒரு பாதிப்பும் இல்லை என்றார். அது உண்மையாகவும் உள்ளது. டிவி வந்ததால் சினிமாக்காரர்களுக்குத்தான் நிறைய லாபம் கிடைத்துள்ளது. அபரிமிதமான விளம்பரங்களையும், 'பில்டப்'களையும் செய்ய இன்று டிவியை விட்டால் வேறு மீடியாவே இல்லை. மேலும் ஓடாத குப்பைப் படங்களையும் கூட உச்சாணிக்குக் கொண்டு போய் விளம்பரம் செய்து ஓட வைக்க இன்று டிவிதான் சினிமாக்காரர்களுக்குப் பெருமளவில் உதவுகிறது.

'இன்டர்காம்' தயாரிப்பாளர்கள்!

கமல்ஹாசன் செய்யப் போகும் முயற்சியை சற்று விட்டுத்தான் பார்ப்போமே... துணிச்சலா சப்போர்ட் பண்ணுங்க சினி்மாக்காரர்களே... அது சரி 'இன்டர்நெட்' என்பதையே 'இன்டர்காம்' என்று சொல்லும் தயாரிப்பாளர்கள் பலரும் இருக்கும்போது கமல்ஹாசனை ஏற்க எப்படி இவர்களுக்கு மனம் வரும்...!

Thatstamil cheers
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Thanks sakala. That answered my question. Smile I knew Kamal would have thought about it, let's hope all the areas are covered.
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:53 pm

http://www.moviecrow.com/News/1652/kamal-haasan-backtracks-his-tv-release-plan Sad
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:00 pm

1. Shite! Sad
2. Where the hell is the contradiction da naaigala? This is the same bloody illogic that I was talking about earlier - Oscar is not the ultimate, HW is not the ultimate so Kamal must not lie down in the direction of America

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:04 pm

Just called up Karthi without realizing its past midnight there! I really should relax Embarassed

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Bala (Karthik) wrote:Just called up Karthi without realizing its past midnight there! I really should relax Embarassed

u can call me!! heehee! just that i can only listen and don't have any news from sources etc.. btw anga innum mid night aache!!! ok, can understand ur(our) pheelings
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:02 am

Bala (Karthik) wrote:Just called up Karthi without realizing its past midnight there! I really should relax Embarassed
hahahaha . Bala, just got to know from my mother that "night thookkathula nadanthu vanthu call panninen" .. but i seriously no memory of such an incident .. did it happen ??
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:04 am

plum wrote:
Well, as I speculated earlier, wait for 2019 and the Vijay-25 programme in Vijay TV wherein Ajith kisses Vijay and Tamizh filmdom thiRandhufies to hail the great actor and star Vijay...this is what is written for Tamil film fans.
Meanwhile, Ranbir Kapoor will be a thespian and Shahid Kapoor the greatest actor India has ever seen, possibly with an Oscar apiece.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing Laughing

hopefully this forum will be alive so that we can have the freedom to trash such incidents..

Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:09 am

btw, we cant trust idiots like Moviecrow.. lets wait and watch ..
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:33 am

things sorted out it seems.. no backout possible as per trade sources.. already distributors and theatre owners have signed up !!
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 am

www.emirates247.com/entertainment/films-music/kamal-haasan-starts-hollywood-film-with-barry-osborne-2012-12-04-1.485811

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 am

ithu nalla reach-aa illayaa Razz
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:39 am

Edited my Hubpost here Smile

As far I understand,

A DTH release will not impact the theatre going crowd.Why because,only
people who are in two minds/not interested about watching the film in
theatre(let's wait for reviews,time kedaicha paarkkalam)will watch it on
DTH/DVD.

The person who wants to watch it only in a theatre will def do it.

Thus,a DTH release is only adding to the # of people who will end up watching the film and not reducing it.

However it is clear that he will/already facing resistence from the distributor cartel which is politically
controlled and who in turn have control on all the major theatres(esp
single screen).

The move KH is planning is to by pass them for which he needs theatre
owner support.When they are themselves under the control of the
distributors,how will they stand behind him even if they want to.

All the cartel has to tell is,"one VR will not make a summer,next nee engitta dhaane varanum?"

This will catch up only when producers line up behind him and say we are
going to deal only with the theatres in future.That has hitches as many
start films depending on the money the distributor gives them,banks
loans are a dream.It's a vicious cycle.

Probably he will succeed if some big guns and the government support him and frankly I do not forsee that happening.

However,if he pulls this off it will be a small step in freeing the
industry from the clutches of the political cartel which is dominating
it.

Let's wait and watch as despite talking of a original DVD release simultaneously or within weeks of release to
beat piracy for many years now,he still has not been able to do
anything.

Nerd,

As far as a DTH release facilitating High resolution piracy,I feel in 2012,even without a DTH premiere,prints are going to float around,so why bother.In fact he should take this to the logical end and release original DVD's at a reasonable cost a week after theatrical release.

Karthi,
Good news.He should not backdown.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:36 am

Very good post, CF. You have caught the key dynamics - the point you made about DTH release getting extra viewers like your family - this needs a wider airing.

Thatstamil, indiaglitz mAdhir portal-gaLil ungaL karuththai padhivu paNNanum. andha site padikkaRA mAkkAnsla 100-la 5 pErukku nInga solRadhu maNdaila ERinA kooda namma oru vedhai vedhaichA mAdhiri Agum
Yes I know you have to stoop down to post in those sites but ulaga nanmai karudhi indha thyagathai nInga senjE AgaNum.
As Periyathevar says atleast namma future generationAvadhu pazham sAppidattum...

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum