Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Watched

+25
baroque
fring151
dilbert
Drunkenmunk
balaji.r
Sridhar
mythila
Joe
radiochandra
writeface
HonestRaj
suresh2
Karthikeyan
groucho070
V_S
jaiganesh
Sakalakala Vallavar
app_engine
Bala (Karthik)
Admin
plum
Michael AF
kid_glove
sagi
29 posters

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Recently Watched - Page 7 Empty Re: Recently Watched

Post  HonestRaj Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:56 pm

Nerd wrote:ARM has saved the best for the last. Howlarious climax - unlock pannittu adidaa paakkalaam it seems.

thumara malik mera hath.. [something something].. dar aanera... andha bayam irukkattum da.. lol!
HonestRaj
HonestRaj

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Anybody - You dhaane en Bun vasandham?

Anybody?

Naan paakura madhiri illa Laughing ippodhaikku Smile
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  HonestRaj Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:05 pm

related thread'la post pannirukkangale..
jai, plum, bala
HonestRaj
HonestRaj

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:07 pm

HonestRaj wrote:
Nerd wrote:ARM has saved the best for the last. Howlarious climax - unlock pannittu adidaa paakkalaam it seems.

thumara malik mera hath.. [something something].. dar aanera... andha bayam irukkattum da.. lol!
Yeah andha dialock was bloody hilarious. Ramana-la 00s Vijayakanth kitta irunthE subtle expressions vaangina murugadoss-aa idhu. Anyway with VJ on board can't expect anything better.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:17 pm

I listened to that dialog in a soundcloud cuttings. Hilarity alacrity and magnanimity. Wtf

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:38 pm

idhula "ennamA indhi pEsi irukkAruppA; dubbing theatrela, sound recording indhi kArangaLe sollittAngappA, Salman Khan* kooda ivLO nallA indhi pEsinadhillai" reactions vERa lol!

* ivaingaLukku indhila salman khan rangekku dhAn theriyin...adhanAla dilip kumar-nu andha edaththula poda mudiyAdhu

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:44 am

Saw Kumki @ Cuddalore Krishnalayaa..

Festive atmosphere .. Elephant inside the theatre premises .. VikramPrabhu fansclub banners lol!

Prabu Solomon is a director who takes his chances seriously.. he has put in a lot of hard work in this movie.. antha Jog falls scene ellaam well thought out and well executed.. very good response in the theatre.. elephant elephant (Marudanaaayagam falls scene theatre-la paathaa eppidi irukkumnu yosichen :sigh: ) .. climax is good .. cheers

The movie follows commercial-class movie format.. thats the grouse I have with this movie.. Thambi Ramaiah is intolerable at places.. though he acts well, he is aping Vadivelu in almost all the scenes and his character is tooooo predictable.. Ramanarayanan movie range-kku one or two scenes .. BGM is loud and jarring in the first half atleast.. thats all about the negatives..

louuu scenes are good at places but lacks depth and too naive at times..

the movie does connect emotionally with the audience.. graphics are good enough..

Vikram Prabhu deserves praise.. very believable as a yaanai-paagan.. he emotes decently too..

now coming to the songs.. Imman thambi kalakkittaaru.. this guy is a Don Bosco pass out.. but the songs are in superb sync with the situation and milieu .. antha climax tribal song none of the songs are waste.. lyrics

definitely the movie is going to be a big success.. flower Very Happy

my mother who is a big Sivaji/prabhu fan simply loved it... Smile

PS: itha antha over hyped saturn direct pannirunthuchunaa, evvalavu periya disaster aayirukkumnu nenachaale nadunguthu saami .. Twisted Evil
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:48 am

Thambi Ramaiyah overstayed his welcome. Saw Saattai, decent flick, but he was untolerable.
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:38 pm

Completed the balance of mARRAn...

As shiny & dumb as thuppAkki but got rejected by general public (despite the fact that Surya is 100 times more tolerable than Vijay). May be thuppAkki had better looking villain. Whatever...TN taste is baffling Laughing

One thing definitely missing from the prior ventures of KVA that I've seen (kO / ayan) is the "dhrOhi" element and the impact that could have had on the audience. KVA had traded that suspense thingy for the conjoined twin business and that possibly proved to be a very costly mistake!

The movie should have had only a dumb Surya to begin with (and possibly added the twin business in a max 10 minute flashback), keeping the audience oblivious to the treacherous nature of the villain - revealing it only prior to the last 20 minutes or so - say, in the flash back.

That way - despite the childish plot of kalappadam, which wasn't worse in "novelty" than the kaLLakkadaththal of ayan or arasiyal kaLLaththanam of kO and good enough for a masAlA for today's TN - the movie could have made a greater impact.

Possibly KVA was bored with his dhrOgi stuff and wanted to change the format...failed miserably in keeping the audience interest.

Next time he'll be careful Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:27 pm

me too saw Maattraan yesterday..

actually a decent masala movie..

last 10 mins are a total laugh riot. .. Laughing there are unintentionally funny scenes here and there.. absolutely no suspense or magic in the plot .. but fairly engrossing..

surya has done a decent job..

but the highlight of the movie is surely Kajal Agarwal..

whaaattay figure !!!!!!! she too has a decent role to play in the movie..
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Karthikeyan wrote: absolutely no suspense

I think that was the key USP for kO & ayan (IMO).

At the minimum, that was the most talked about thing and the differentiating factor from other run of the mill masAlAs.

Rest are all intact in this movie too (pAttu, fighttu, quick changes of scenes aka "racy" etc).

KVA terribly miscalculated that the conjoined biz can thrill the audience (i.e. than such suspense).

BTW, the heroine is no better than Tamanna. Gets fail mark IMO. I think the same one appeared in thuppAkki too.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:03 pm

app_engine wrote:
Karthikeyan wrote: absolutely no suspense

I think that was the key USP for kO & ayan (IMO).

At the minimum, that was the most talked about thing and the differentiating factor from other run of the mill masAlAs.

Rest are all intact in this movie too (pAttu, fighttu, quick changes of scenes aka "racy" etc).

KVA terribly miscalculated that the conjoined biz can thrill the audience (i.e. than such suspense).

BTW, the heroine is no better than Tamanna. Gets fail mark IMO. I think the same one appeared in thuppAkki too.
conjoined twins were doing ok actually.. this movie's first half did actually get good reports..

this twins concept hiked up the budget .. all for showing that the Daddy character was ready to experiment with his own child's life..

ithula, oruthan nadulaye out vera.. big miscalculation indeed..
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:11 pm

Karthikeyan wrote:
ithula, oruthan nadulaye out vera..

That's why the whole thing should have been in a 10 min flash back.

That way, he could have had both suspense & conjoined...

I think KVA is a smart guy and will wake up for the next film (provided he learnt his lesson, albeit in a hard way).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:55 pm

app_engine wrote:Completed the balance of mARRAn...

As shiny & dumb as thuppAkki but got rejected by general public

maattraan ellaam kaaviyam in comparison with the mokka thuppaakki. Except the first 15 and the last 15, certainly watchable mattraan was.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:58 pm

she too has a decent role to play in the movi

indha mAdhiri Vijay/Surya masala padangaLLa heroineum "decent" role play paNNinA appuRam ennaththai pAkkuRadhu? indecent proposal paNNungayya!

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:18 pm

itha solliyea aaganum.. kaajal Agarwal avvalavu alagu..

Laughing
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Well, nice figure, being tall is an added advantage. But moonjila rendu load roller Erina maadhiri irukku..

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:56 pm

I was expecting such a comment...

P_R, angE wrote:
oru mAdhiri sumArA nallAvE irunch.
I was expecting another twist - KV Anandan pazhakkappaduththittaapla. So the Dad in the end was funny.

indha padaththai edhukku makkaL thittunaanga.
Suriyar romba nallAvE paNNiyirundhaaplayE. Double act graphical ellAm superzhb

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:14 pm

He has a point though. Suryar padaththai namma payava kaNNa moodikittu thittidaRadhu. appuRAmA dhAn yosikkaRadhE. thittu-worthyAvE irundhAlum namma payava adhaiyellAm yOsichu thittaRadhillai. thittaNumnu thittaRadhu dhAn.

NEPV also same problem.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Ajith's stunt in which he got injured.

Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:27 pm

vishnu_dir 31 mins 57 secs ago Twitter
Guys this is what he did the very next day, first shot in the morning. Tis shows how safer is & care we take. twitter.yfrog.com/5ifcsbm...

Read more at http://twitter.yfrog.com/5ifcsbmjuuvlljlmngafpmjez#3yQtrFC7BPomhWoD.99
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Malayalam Superstar of 70s Jayan died filming this helicopter stunt

AF - reminded of this when I saw your post.

Apparently, the director okayed the second take, which is what you see in the clip, but Jayan wanted a more perfect take, of which you just see the crash in the last.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Nerd wrote:
app_engine wrote:Completed the balance of mARRAn...

As shiny & dumb as thuppAkki but got rejected by general public

maattraan ellaam kaaviyam in comparison with the mokka thuppaakki. Except the first 15 and the last 15, certainly watchable mattraan was.

saw this last week in yeetteep. ippo than phul movie potturaaingaLe. As u say, its surely well ahead of Cap-Thuppaakki. I, after reading many -ve reviews and also having a serious dislike in KVA's pattern( i somehow dislike all his movies) watched with negative expectation but surya excelled in ferfaamans. Not just film kaattifying with the dual role. Movie also well engaging.

I differ from karthi, till certain time, atleast till that russian phigar dies, i was clueless who the villain is.

And Kajal geek cyclops she looks much "Jollifyable" in this film than thuppakki!

Last edited by Sakalakala Vallavar on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:10 pm

There was that saambu-mavan type sincere sigaamani who tries to correct Kajal. Whenever he talks to Kajal, the BGM bit by Karris is a Direct lift from Dasavatharam lol! Mudiyala! Dei ithukkaadaa unakku moonu hummur caaru?! Twisted Evil
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:57 pm

kumki... above average... for the story, backdrop and the actors... the tribal gramam looks believable... nalla pannirukkaanga...

i think this guy is a bala wannabe giving negative climoxes... aah ooh'naa kattukkulla poi padam edukkuraar... the village, set pieces and stuff, heavily inspired from aravaan... including the heroine character and the hero coming from a foreign land... but it was gripping a bit with too much buildup for 'komban' who did not stand up to his image in the climax... both the hero and the heroini did well... and thambi ramaiya started well and was getting irritating towards the end... i liked him in mynaa...

bgm was adequate for the visuals but the songs were a bit monotonous for me... that kerangura folk melody which we listened in aadukalam... ayyayyo, yaathae etc., all the songs followed the same pattern and hence a bit boring for me...

ellaam nalla pannittu kadasi graphicsla konjam kOttai vittuttaanga... if they cannot afford to do a realistic animation, they should have atleast planned to have the climax in dark... so that the animation would not have looked so obvious due to contrasting lightings...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next