Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recent News on Raaja (news about new films/albums, articles etc)

+13
crimson king
jaiganesh
ravinat
fring151
Raaga_Suresh
groucho070
Sakalakala Vallavar
SenthilVinu
V_S
plum
app_engine
skr
kamalaakarsh
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Recent News on Raaja (news about new films/albums, articles etc) - Page 2 Empty Re: Recent News on Raaja (news about new films/albums, articles etc)

Post  app_engine Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:59 pm

kamalaakarsh wrote:Kamal Haasan turns singer for Ilayaraja at 30 minute’s notice: http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/kamal-haasan-turns-singer-for-ilayaraja-at-30-minutes-notice-625685.html

This is an old news.. about Happi recording and all. Why is it being raked up now, when the film is almost shelved(so i assume)? Or does this news bit now mean that the film is being readied for a release now? I hope its true!

Love this portion :

When contacted, Kamal brushed off the feat as part of just another day’s work. “My respect for certain people goes beyond the work place. Shivaji Ganesan, K. Balachander and Ilayaraja are to me, idols. And if they call, I run. As simple as that,” said Kamal. The multi-faceted artist lets out an interesting self-observation.

“Somehow I find it much easier to connect with male artists. If you see the Kathak performance in ‘Vishwaroopam‘, you’d see how closely I’ve observed and imbibed Pandit Birju Maharaj’s style. This wouldn’t have been possible with a female dancer. Likwise in music, though I deeply admire MS Subbulakshmi, Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle, it’s (Mangalampalli) Balamuralikrishna that I idolise,” he said.

cheers

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Recent News on Raaja (news about new films/albums, articles etc) - Page 2 Empty Re: Recent News on Raaja (news about new films/albums, articles etc)

Post  app_engine Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:25 pm

kamalaakarsh wrote: Why is it being raked up now, when the film is almost shelved(so i assume)?

Looks like something is cooking.

IBNlive also reporting the same...actually the contents are DITTO...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Thanks aakarsh and app for sharing about this much awaited film. I am longing for this film's music for years. Hope it releases soon. Kamalji's words are truly moving.

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:30 pm

app_engine wrote:
kamalaakarsh wrote: Why is it being raked up now, when the film is almost shelved(so i assume)?

Looks like something is cooking.

IBNlive also reporting the same...actually the contents are DITTO...

Thats because cnn ibn and firstpost belong to same media house - Network 18.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:26 pm

Baba Sehgal posted this: https://twitter.com/OnlyBabaSehgal/status/326985093874843648/photo/1

So I assume Baba Sehgal is singing for Raaja for RudramaDevi.

And I dont know how to react!!! Embarassed
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:05 pm

Kamal,

Interesting photo. Did Baba really sing or he was just there with SPB and took the photo Smile Anyway it will interesting to hear if he had indeed sung. Can't imagine him being part of an historical score. Nice to see that SPB is one of the singers. Now I am intrigued about Rudramadevi.

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:01 am

Raaga_Suresh wrote:Kamal,

Interesting photo. Did Baba really sing or he was just there with SPB and took the photo Smile Anyway it will interesting to hear if he had indeed sung. Can't imagine him being part of an historical score. Nice to see that SPB is one of the singers. Now I am intrigued about Rudramadevi.

Suresh,

Baba Sehgal is now a Telugu singer. Most of these mass masala crop films have 1 song (just 1, not more - formula you see) - the hero's introduction song or something of that sort -by Baba Sehgal. He started with Pavan Kalyan's Jalsa I think and since then, he has been singing in films of NTR, Allu Arjun, Pavan Kalyan etc. One song becomes a hit and then it becomes a formula. I hear that in Rudrama Devi, he is also acting. I dont know if he is ONLY acting or if he acting & singing.

But given HIS recent hits in Telugu, I wont be surprised if he is singing too (Raaja already gave me a shocker by roping in R.P.Patnaik, when RP was ruling the industry with his mass songs). Crying or Very sad
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:40 pm

And also, Kailash Kher is singing for Raaja: https://twitter.com/Kailashkher/status/327399632445517824/photo/1

(got this via another twitter contact)
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:41 am

The film for which Kailash Kher is singing is called Lagori. I've been told that it is a Kannada film.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:57 am

Ilayathalam is leaving no stone unturned to... well what can i say...

Some of their posts/comments:

On Janaki: Please do list out the songs these singers have sung for other composers versus Maestro. How many of them are still evergreen hits. Please try removing " Annakkkili, adi aathaadi," and other timeless classics from her career. What will be left back of her other songs will be what her real self will be.

Please do list out the songs as we can further prove Maestro's greatness. Only with arguments can we come up to a conclusion with who is greater. God vs the people who preach His faith. We are not in anyway criticizing anyone. We only tell the truth about Maestro's Music.

On rumour about IR teaming up with ARR to compose a promotional song for 100 years of cinema: 

Our point was to prove that Maestro needs no one, be it another music director, singer, actor, director or producer to show his greatness. He already is the one and only. Name any other film composer for whose music animals like elephants would cross the river each morning and hear his song from a nearby village and leave back to where they came from.
- Ilayathalam

let the same musicians play for other music directors and get the same name and respect they had got from Maestro. Name any other music director's collaboration with a famous musician and name an evergreen song out of it. Maestro challenged Dhanraj Master when he refused to teach Maestro. What he said was that he will come back and throw the medal on his( Dhanraj Master's) face and sure he did. Finally, why did Panchu sir did not produce any other famous music director ??

Maestro just confirmed that working with another music director for 100 years of cinema is a rumor.

To know about what Maestro has accomplished try removing the 30+ years of his music and services to the industry (directors, actors, producers, distributors, singers, musicians and their families) from the 100 years of Indian cinema. Just one man to run the entire show for the longest period is unimaginable. No other film industry or no one in the entire world has achieved such a great feat.
It is Indian cinema which has to greatful to Maestro. It still has to recognize this genius. - Ilayathalam

----

It is one thing to declare that as a rumour or even politely decline (he has every right to decline) the offer. But posting such controversial stuff and such strong remarks, be it on Janaki or ARR or Dhanraj Master or anyone as such, on the "official page" (as promoted by them) of raaja.. is doing a great disservice to Raaja (to his personality and also to his brand). The statements neither look dignified nor civilized, for a social media platform of a great composer. The point here is not about any particular singer or composer here but writing such stuff about anyone for that matter. Unfortunate that people maintaining that page are talking in such irresponsible manner, not just fans who are stoking it more. And this... on a page that is touted to be the mouth-piece of Raaja. 

Also, while I agree that indian cinema has to be grateful to raaja, his own page clamouring for it (by writing a post like that) is very much out of sync with Raaja's personality. The media will have a feast to gorge on. 

And, ilayathalam & raaja fans there completely missed the point. It is NOT that raaja needs arr for fame. It is that the EVENT needs the fame of both these composers (its purely business). By even asking if raaja needs someone's fame, it is they (the page and the fans there) who dragged (pulled) down raaja's calibre and fame. Fans are not realizing it.

The idea of ilayathalam was to connect Raaja to people. But in reality, it is doing something else. 

My 2 cents!
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Kamalaakarsh,
I completely agree with you. The Ilayathalam posts you have mentioned are a disgrace. I doubt if the people maintaining that page have any musical or knowledge at all. They seem to be blind, misguided fans who don't know where IR's real greatness lies. I have said elsewhere and I repeat again that the maturity to appreciate other composers and singers seems to be sorely lacking in many IR fans. The same, of course can also be said of ARR fans. I agree that IR is probably the greatest mind to emerge from the country in the last 50 years and has not been recognized enough by people. What I fail to understand is the need to put down others in order to proclaim his greatness, particularly when there is so much to write about his genius and musical innovations which alone can convince people. These juvenile postings in the Ilayathalam page,  in my opinion are completely counter productive and will only feed unwanted media rumours and gossip, besides alienating a certain cross section of the TFM audience.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:41 pm

fring151 wrote:Kamalaakarsh,
I completely agree with you. The Ilayathalam posts you have mentioned are a disgrace. I doubt if the people maintaining that page have any musical or knowledge at all. They seem to be blind, misguided fans who don't know where IR's real greatness lies. I have said elsewhere and I repeat again that the maturity to appreciate other composers and singers seems to be sorely lacking in many IR fans. The same, of course can also be said of ARR fans. I agree that IR is probably the greatest mind to emerge from the country in the last 50 years and has not been recognized enough by people. What I fail to understand is the need to put down others in order to proclaim his greatness, particularly when there is so much to write about his genius and musical innovations which alone can convince people. These juvenile postings in the Ilayathalam page,  in my opinion are completely counter productive and will only feed unwanted media rumours and gossip, besides alienating a certain cross section of the TFM audience.

yes. It only shows that the page is managed by people who are as mature/level-headed as some of the raaja fans or arr fans who refused to grow up.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:38 pm

iLayathaLam = ഇളയ "കൊളം" Sad ("iLaya koLam")

In Malayalam, koLam not only means a body of water but also means spoilt / shabby job Sad

Official mouthpiece should simply stop with sharing news & rare information (like the youtubes they posted earlier).

Should never indulge in mudslinging IMHO (adhukuththAn nammellAm irukkOmE, enga kitta vidungappA) Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:19 am

Very glad to know that the lyricist for Rudrama Devi is Sirivennela Seetharama Sasthry. I dont know when he collaborated with Raaja last. Looking forward to this one.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:29 am

Massively disappointed that Balu Mahendra's next "Thalaimuragal" that has Raaja's score, does not have any songs.

Here is an article about it: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-tamilnadu/in-a-first-balu-mahendra-faces-the-camera/article5412487.ece

"When asked what one could expect of his collaboration with Ilaiyaraja for this film, which incidentally does not have any songs, he asked “What else can you expect from two creators who are self aware.” After a pause, he added “the same magic of course.”"
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:16 pm

Aakarsh

Interesting. 

Are the directors trying to reposition Raja as the new BGM only force? BM did veedu without songs if my memory serves me right. If this development is what I have theorised here, it is not a good one. While folks like me will be thrilled with great BGMs, the general listener will move further away from Raja.

Hope it is the alarmist in me speaking and these sort of assignments (OAK,TM) are just exceptions.

I am greedy on two opposite directions,I suppose - I want him to be very popular and also deliver outstanding bgms simultaneously :-)

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:40 pm

ravinat wrote:Aakarsh

Interesting. 

Are the directors trying to reposition Raja as the new BGM only force? BM did veedu without songs if my memory serves me right. If this development is what I have theorised here, it is not a good one. While folks like me will be thrilled with great BGMs, the general listener will move further away from Raja.

Hope it is the alarmist in me speaking and these sort of assignments (OAK,TM) are just exceptions.

I am greedy on two opposite directions,I suppose - I want him to be very popular and also deliver outstanding bgms simultaneously :-)
Popular he already is. Sometimes I shudder to think how I may perceive him if is songs become popular amongst the current musical lot - I might not look upon it in a complimentary sense.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:11 am

ravinat wrote:Aakarsh

Interesting. 

I am also very much disappointed that this film does not have songs. The initial promo was so misleading. Disappointing because BM-IR is such a brilliant combination. I care a hoot if the film was by any other new director (like a Mathiya Chennai or any such film). it would have been great if Thalaimuragal had songs at least for album's sake. 

So with all this, I wonder which is his next film release? Prakash Raj film?
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:34 pm

It's ok.  He doesn't need to continue to be popular at all costs anymore.  He has already bequeathed a magnificent legacy and has nothing more to prove to anyone.  Whatever he does in contemporary films is a bonus and a generous gift for us fans to cherish.   If some people will forget about him in the process, that can't be helped.  Beethoven can't come back from the dead to prove to some retard that he was good.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Recent News on Raaja (news about new films/albums, articles etc) - Page 2 Empty Raaja back to work

Post  kamalaakarsh Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:37 am

Raaja is back to work: http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/chennai/Ilayaraja-Back-at-Work-Composes-Porvaals-Track/2014/01/06/article1985062.ece

what is this film 'Rajaraja Chozanin Porvaal'?
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:47 pm

kamalaakarsh wrote:Raaja is back to work: http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/chennai/Ilayaraja-Back-at-Work-Composes-Porvaals-Track/2014/01/06/article1985062.ece

Some low-bud movie with a TFM lyricist acting as hero (his name is Snehan).

There was this hype of IR composing a song in front of public, for this movie.
(In a temple in the city of Karur in TN).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:53 pm

app_engine wrote:
kamalaakarsh wrote:Raaja is back to work: http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/chennai/Ilayaraja-Back-at-Work-Composes-Porvaals-Track/2014/01/06/article1985062.ece

Some low-bud movie with a TFM lyricist acting as hero (his name is Snehan).

There was this hype of IR composing a song in front of public, for this movie.
(In a temple in the city of Karur in TN).
abbaa that one!!!!! ok. so which is his next big release? big as in, a good budget and well marketed film. Prakash Raj film?
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:11 pm

kamalaakarsh wrote:
abbaa that one!!!!! ok. so which is his next big release? big as in, a good budget and well marketed film. Prakash Raj film?

That and Rudhramadevi.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Recent News on Raaja (news about new films/albums, articles etc) - Page 2 Empty Chithiraiyil Nilachoru and Megha releases

Post  nambik Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:23 pm

Looks like Chithiraiyil... released in Oct 2013 and seems to have flopped massively?

How about Megha...seems to be taking a long time to release?

nambik

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:30 pm

nambik wrote:Looks like Chithiraiyil... released in Oct 2013 and seems to have flopped massively?

How about Megha...seems to be taking a long time to release?
Massive flop? That's usually associated with high budget, most expected movies, no? That a movie with CNC's credentials managed to release is enough success  Very Happy So many Raaja films are still in the cans (most recent ones thaandavakkone and naadi thudikkuthadi).

Megha will release. The producer/director are actively tweeting about it every now and then.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next