Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

+33
kameshratnam
soco_sri
mythila
crimson king
Wizzy
Shank
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
Sakalakala Vallavar
Manoj Raj
Kr
d22_malarr
ank
kamalaakarsh
irfan123
இசை
AbhiMusiq
vicks
panniapurathar
irir123
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
groucho070
prakash
V_S
plum
writeface
sagi
fring151
Raaga_Suresh
counterpoint
Balu
kiru
vaticanscientist
37 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 32 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

Post  app_engine Wed May 04, 2016 6:25 pm

nanRi V_Sji Smile

That thread got compiled a few years back when thiraippadal was still around  Embarassed Unfortunately, those links don't work anymore and so are most of the youtube links posted in that thread Embarassed

https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t80-gangai-amaran

Someday when I have time, I want to edit the thread and update the links  (as much as possible with #IR_Official_YT links and other "official" video links that won't quickly go down due to copyright issues)...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 32 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

Post  V_S Wed May 04, 2016 6:39 pm

Please take your time sir Smile That thread is golden and a real eye opener. GA should be proud to see that.

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Wed May 04, 2016 7:24 pm

V_S wrote:

If you see others, they have an easy and comfortable living with enormous reputation, even when they are compromising so much on composing skills, art and everything, but here Raja is torn into pieces every time even among us without even realizing what he has contributed.

Absolutely agree with both statements.  But then, same thing happened in the 90s so idhu dhaan thalaiyezuththu.   I am listening to Ennavendru solvathamma now and remember mostly every note even though I haven't heard it as often as my absolute favourite songs of IR.  But the problem is by IR standards it will be classified as "good melody with ok orchestration, typical IR folk etc etc".  But how does it matter where it ranks by IR standards?  Other than IR's work in the 90s and Rahman hits, there are very few songs from the 90s that I still listen to.  I have even worn out Malare and all though it is a good melody.  I am speaking for my tastes but I am pretty sure most people don't listen to the many Deva/Sirpi hits of that decade anymore and that some of Rahman's lesser hits have also been obscured.  So what are we complaining about?  This music is not coming back, people should enjoy it while they are alive.  I don't know how many more years IR can keep carrying on composing in this way; regardless he has made more than enough music for several lifetimes so as you say people should just get busy listening to it!  Not that he is above criticism or anything but mostly it's just Tall Poppy Syndrome.  In comparison to his peers he still sets high standards and if people are going to laugh at comparing him to his peers, it begs the question why these peers get feted and bag more and more assignments.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri May 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Some references to IR's church songs in this TFM Lyrics series of articles on The Hindu

பிள்ளை பெறாத பெண்மை தாயானது; அன்னை இல்லாத மகனைத் தாலாட்டுது” என்ற வரிகளைப் பாட முடியாமல் கண்ணீர் உகுத்துக்கொண்டு நின்றிருந்தார் எஸ். ஜானகி என்பது இன்றும் திரை உலகத்தில் சிலாகித்துப் பேசப்படும் விசயம்.

அச்சாணி’ (1978) திரைப்படத்தில் இளையராஜாவின் இசையில்
“மாதா உன் கோயிலில் மணி தீபம் ஏற்றினேன்”
என்ற பாடலின் ஒரு பகுதிதான் ஜானகியை அப்படி அழ வைத்தது.

“மேய்ப்பன் இல்லாத மந்தை வழி மாறுமே; மேரி உன் ஜோதி கண்டால் விதி மாறுமே; மெழுகு போல் உருகினோம் கண்ணீரை மாற்ற வா மாதா” என்று அவர் பாடுகையில் புல்லின் நுனியில் துளிர்க்கும் பனித்துளி போல் கண்களில் நீர்த் துளிகள் வெளிப்படுவதைத் தடுக்க முடியவில்லை.
‘அவர் எனக்கே சொந்தம்’ படத்தில் கிதாரின் பின்னணியில் இளையராஜா இசையமைத்த “தேவன் திருச்சபை மலர்களே; வேதம் ஒலிக்கின்ற மணிகளே” என்ற பாடல் அதி அற்புதமானது. அவர் எனக்கே சொந்தம் என்ற இப்படத்தில் சேர்ந்திசையின் கூறுகளையும் இளையராஜா உள்ளடக்கியிருக்கிறார். அதுபோலத்தான் ‘அன்புள்ள ரஜினிகாந்த்’ திரைப்படத்தில் இடம் பெற்ற கடவுள் இல்லமே ஓர் கருணை இல்லமே” பாடலும்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  counterpoint Mon May 09, 2016 10:39 pm

V_S and few others are getting too defensive about what is just an individual opinion. Just like how they think that IR 's songs are the only ones worth listening to in recent times, my opinion could be contrary to that. If you read my previous post the examples of benchmarks that I gave of IR songs that I liked are NOT from the 80s. They are from late 90s as well as some recent ones. I didn't claim anywhere that he has completely lost it. But I stand by my opinion that the quality is inconsistent, sporadic, a lot of tunes have the jaded heard-before feel(which is what Gangai Amaran has also said in a recent interview, he knows his music as well and has even worked with IR). Yes, I agree that there is still a lot to listen to from his 80s collection, especially when I listen to some of his recent songs it sends me running back to my 80s/90s collection of his.

counterpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  counterpoint Mon May 09, 2016 10:46 pm

Raaga_Suresh wrote:
Here is the list:
1. 'kunnathe' - PazhassiRaja (Malayalam) - Super Hit 
2. 'malaiyoram' - Ayyan - Unknown
3. 'avani thumbi' - Sneha Veedu (Malayalam) - Super Hit
4. 'mallepoovu' - Mallepoovu (Telugu) - Not a hit but known
5. 'rangu rangu' - Prem Kahani (Kannada) - Hit
6. 'mudi mudi' - Paa (Hindi) - Hit
7. 'unnai patri sonnal' - Mathya Chennai - Unknown
8. 'enge nee sendralum' - Kannukulle - Unknown
9. 'swapnangal' - Bhagyadevatha (Malayalam) - Super Hit
10. 'chinna polike - Om Shanti (Teluugu) - Known but not a hit
11. 'malar villile ' - Ponnar Shankar - Known but not a hit
12. 'kaiyeththa' - Vinodayatra - SuperHit (along with Mandarapoo)
13. 'kalvane' - Megha - Known but not a hit ('Putham Pudhu Kalai' the new version was hit though)
14. 'sambho siva' - Thandavakone - Unknown
15. 'kaatirupen kaatirupen' - Sengaththu Boomiyile - Unknown
16. 'ennada pandi' - Valmiki - Known but not a hit
17. 'Aaro Padunnu' - Katha Thudarunnu (Malayalam) - Hit
18. 'Saindhu Saindhu' - Nee Dhane En Pon Vasantham - Hit
19. 'Om Sivoham' - Naan Kadavul - Super Hit
20. 'andala lokam' - Gayam 2 - Known but not a hit
21. 'jadadananda karaka' - Sree RamaRajyam (Telugu) - Super Hit
22. 'rajagopuram' - Puthiya THeerangal - Known but not a hit
23. 'e janumave' - Oggarane (Kannada) - Super Hit
24. 'sannata' - Shamitabh(Hindi) - Moderate Hit
25. 'foolishq' - Ki & Ka(Hindi) - Moderate hit 
26. 'nanu neetho - Gundello Godavari (Telugu) - Known but not a hit
27. 'mattallo' - Abbayitho Ammayi (Telugu) - Hit
28. 'chandra neenu chanda' - Maitri (Kannada) - Known but not a hit
29. 'Punnami Poovai' - Rudhramadevi (Telugu) - Major Hit
30. 'thavi thavi' - Dhoni - Moderate Hit
31. 'swalpa soundu' - Suryakanthi (Kannada) - Hit (FM stations play it even now)
32. 'paruruvaya' - Taarai Tappatai  - Hit
33. 'kuthikira kuthikira' - Azhagarsamiyin Kudhirai - Hit

Surprised to see Vilayaatta padagotti from Dhoni being left out.

See, that's why its subjective.

counterpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon May 09, 2016 10:51 pm

counterpoint wrote:

That was from Sureshji's series of tweets sometime back, when he picked ONLY ONE SONG from each of the albums Smile
(That way, even Adhi ushus / aunA neevEnA kind of songs are not there)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Wed May 11, 2016 6:57 am

counterpoint wrote:V_S and few others are getting too defensive about what is just an individual opinion. Just like how they think that IR 's songs are the only ones worth listening to in recent times, my opinion could be contrary to that. If you read my previous post the examples of benchmarks that I gave of IR songs that I liked are NOT from the 80s. They are from late 90s as well as some recent ones. I didn't claim anywhere that he has completely lost it. But I stand by my opinion that the quality is inconsistent, sporadic, a lot of tunes have the jaded heard-before feel(which is what Gangai Amaran has also said in a recent interview, he knows his music as well and has even worked with IR). Yes, I agree that there is still a lot to listen to from his 80s collection, especially when I listen to some of his recent songs it sends me running back to my 80s/90s collection of his.
Here is another opinion - what do you think of people who listen exclusively to Carnatic classical ? What do you think of people who only listen to film songs and dont care much about Carnatic classical ?IMHO, IR's songs are somewhere in between classical and film/popular songs. Some people may not like it, it has the same tabla/drums arrangement, may be based on the same raagam on which he has done 1200 songs (!!!), you may not like the tune or composition, but if you look at the complexity of the tune, the backing for the main melody, the concerto of instruments in the interludes most IR songs will rate much higher than most or all of current film songs. Current MDs are running on "freshness" of tune and novelty of arrangements/instruments. It is just popular music, the general population does not care. it has to sound "different" and there should be some melody. 
Let others do songs in different "genres" - IR will do only in IR genre. Many of us stick to only a few genres and IR is one genre that is my favorite. If people want to listen to other MDs that is fine, I also enjoy YSR at times (because it shows up in my Spotify artist playlist for IR as he is the singer). But once you start enjoying the preludes, interludes, strings and harmony etc it is difficult to be pleased by other MDs (to generalize a bit, Ramesh Vinayagam, Ismail Darbar and some others are doing work in the similar space. Sadly Ramesh Vinayagam does not get enough work)

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Wed May 11, 2016 10:10 am

Where did Ismail Darbar come up from? Other than Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devdas, there is not a single notable work from him. And now if you listen to the soundtracks of Guzaarish, RamLeela and Bajirao Mastani, you can easily guess the driving force behind Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devdas, not just in tunes, but also in orchestration.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Fri May 13, 2016 3:33 am

counterpoint wrote:V_S and few others are getting too defensive about what is just an individual opinion. Just like how they think that IR 's songs are the only ones worth listening to in recent times, my opinion could be contrary to that. If you read my previous post the examples of benchmarks that I gave of IR songs that I liked are NOT from the 80s. They are from late 90s as well as some recent ones. I didn't claim anywhere that he has completely lost it. But I stand by my opinion that the quality is inconsistent, sporadic, a lot of tunes have the jaded heard-before feel(which is what Gangai Amaran has also said in a recent interview, he knows his music as well and has even worked with IR). Yes, I agree that there is still a lot to listen to from his 80s collection, especially when I listen to some of his recent songs it sends me running back to my 80s/90s collection of his.

I don't have a problem with saying the quality is not as consistent as 80s (compared to late 90s I don't see the difference - good soundtracks like Time were balanced by mediocre ones like Oru Naal Oru Kanavu).  But when GA says IR's last great song was Kaatril Varum Geethame, that just sounds self serving (because it's reminiscent of something they would have done when they were together).  Exactly how is Kaatril better than Nandri Solla Vendum?  The only difference is the former was on a major film.  But that film didn't do well either and Kaatril wasn't more than a moderate hit at best if we are talking commercial success.  Probably Ennodu Vaa Vaa was a bigger hit than that song.  What's wrong with songs like Kalvane?  IMO they are far more original than something like Kaatril Varum Geethame, very different from typical IR stuff.  I will say that post Megha the quality seems to be better in Telugu rather than Tamil but the lack of appetite for melody in the audience is also a major reason for this.  IR-type music doesn't fit into the youthu trends and with the exception of Bala/Prakash Raj he has few benefactors left now in TFM (unlike in the 90s when Faazil was still making films).

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Fri May 13, 2016 3:38 am

kamalaakarsh wrote:Where did Ismail Darbar come up from? Other than Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devdas, there is not a single notable work from him. And now if you listen to the soundtracks of Guzaarish, RamLeela and Bajirao Mastani, you can easily guess the driving force behind Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devdas, not just in tunes, but also in orchestration.
Yup Ismail Darbar is hugely overrated.  Never liked his work, his circuitous tunes which don't seem to coalesce into a certain logic (which was the most important thing about the songs of yesteryear composers, they always had that raga logic).  I find it very difficult to tune into Hindustani based numbers in today's films but if you have some good recommendations I'd love to listen.  Last one I liked was Dil Toh Baccha Hai from Ishqiya.  OK so if we extend to ghazals, then Phir Le Aaya Dil-e-Majboor.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Fri May 13, 2016 4:03 am

counterpoint wrote:
Raaga_Suresh wrote:
Here is the list:
1. 'kunnathe' - PazhassiRaja (Malayalam) - Super Hit 
2. 'malaiyoram' - Ayyan - Unknown
3. 'avani thumbi' - Sneha Veedu (Malayalam) - Super Hit
4. 'mallepoovu' - Mallepoovu (Telugu) - Not a hit but known
5. 'rangu rangu' - Prem Kahani (Kannada) - Hit
6. 'mudi mudi' - Paa (Hindi) - Hit
7. 'unnai patri sonnal' - Mathya Chennai - Unknown
8. 'enge nee sendralum' - Kannukulle - Unknown
9. 'swapnangal' - Bhagyadevatha (Malayalam) - Super Hit
10. 'chinna polike - Om Shanti (Teluugu) - Known but not a hit
11. 'malar villile ' - Ponnar Shankar - Known but not a hit
12. 'kaiyeththa' - Vinodayatra - SuperHit (along with Mandarapoo)
13. 'kalvane' - Megha - Known but not a hit ('Putham Pudhu Kalai' the new version was hit though)
14. 'sambho siva' - Thandavakone - Unknown
15. 'kaatirupen kaatirupen' - Sengaththu Boomiyile - Unknown
16. 'ennada pandi' - Valmiki - Known but not a hit
17. 'Aaro Padunnu' - Katha Thudarunnu (Malayalam) - Hit
18. 'Saindhu Saindhu' - Nee Dhane En Pon Vasantham - Hit
19. 'Om Sivoham' - Naan Kadavul - Super Hit
20. 'andala lokam' - Gayam 2 - Known but not a hit
21. 'jadadananda karaka' - Sree RamaRajyam (Telugu) - Super Hit
22. 'rajagopuram' - Puthiya THeerangal - Known but not a hit
23. 'e janumave' - Oggarane (Kannada) - Super Hit
24. 'sannata' - Shamitabh(Hindi) - Moderate Hit
25. 'foolishq' - Ki & Ka(Hindi) - Moderate hit 
26. 'nanu neetho - Gundello Godavari (Telugu) - Known but not a hit
27. 'mattallo' - Abbayitho Ammayi (Telugu) - Hit
28. 'chandra neenu chanda' - Maitri (Kannada) - Known but not a hit
29. 'Punnami Poovai' - Rudhramadevi (Telugu) - Major Hit
30. 'thavi thavi' - Dhoni - Moderate Hit
31. 'swalpa soundu' - Suryakanthi (Kannada) - Hit (FM stations play it even now)
32. 'paruruvaya' - Taarai Tappatai  - Hit
33. 'kuthikira kuthikira' - Azhagarsamiyin Kudhirai - Hit

comparing 70s' 80s' 90s' 2000s' and saying IR has lost touch is subjective. it is how a person sees it. If we take out 90s and above even within 70s' 80s' his style kept changing and like someone mentioned here there are songs in 80s' where only 1 track is good in whole film . no one complained his music is not like before.(again this is subjective) . when i used to record TDK cassette i used to tell the record shop owner only 1-2 songs i liked. he might like other one which he thinks is best where i refuse. To me IR is ever changing and gives goosebumps in interludes and keeps churning out tunes (some yes may resemble old but that is taken that he has mentioned so many times music is cheating permutation combination of raagas). Did you listen to songs these movies "Dhanam" and "Inimae naangathan"?

Of all this one thing is going down or say he stopped including this in all new albums is...his philosophical songs ..like Valmiki (atleast it has 3 ) Dhoni (1 song thaavi thaavi)
All of his philosphical songs had mesmerizing interludes (hindu wrote sometime back maestro reserves best tunes for his own voice Smile

Gundelo godari..i think that was telugu movie..i like how guitar tune goes up and down whole track..those are the things no one can do it and it gets engraved in listener's brain (subjective again some may not recollect)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqWUeaU1OAQ

listen to guitar tunes in background..these are gems

and this one..

https://youtu.be/eFbgM-BwDBY?t=3566

also same movie has "unaikeal unaikeal enna seithai"..

other than that IR is same as ever always experimenting new styles and this comparision with 80s , depends on each person's mentality

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri May 13, 2016 9:43 am

irfan123,

Thanks for the links...... indha paatai ipo dhan first time kaekaren...... IR songs.... kaekaradhu oru art............. chinna chinna sounds......
decorate pannum.... adhai kaekka kaadhu venum............  satham kaetu pazhagiya kaadhuku indha sound kaekadhu..........

inime naanga dhan.. link work agalai..........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Fri May 13, 2016 10:06 am

Usha wrote:irfan123,

Thanks for the links...... indha paatai ipo dhan first time kaekaren...... IR songs.... kaekaradhu oru art............. chinna chinna sounds......
decorate pannum.... adhai kaekka kaadhu venum............  satham kaetu pazhagiya kaadhuku indha sound kaekadhu..........

inime naanga dhan.. link work agalai..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFbgM-BwDBY

it is a full movie..but if you go to 55th minute (fast fwd) the song "oru murai keatalea" starts..such a fast beat song
and in the end of song IR would just humm Smile

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Fri May 13, 2016 2:56 pm

crimson king wrote:
kamalaakarsh wrote:Where did Ismail Darbar come up from? Other than Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devdas, there is not a single notable work from him. And now if you listen to the soundtracks of Guzaarish, RamLeela and Bajirao Mastani, you can easily guess the driving force behind Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devdas, not just in tunes, but also in orchestration.
Yup Ismail Darbar is hugely overrated.  Never liked his work, his circuitous tunes which don't seem to coalesce into a certain logic (which was the most important thing about the songs of yesteryear composers, they always had that raga logic).  I find it very difficult to tune into Hindustani based numbers in today's films but if you have some good recommendations I'd love to listen.  Last one I liked was Dil Toh Baccha Hai from Ishqiya.  OK so if we extend to ghazals, then Phir Le Aaya Dil-e-Majboor.

Digression begins:

Some of the songs I liked:

1. Couple of songs from Bajirao Mastaani (Mohe Rang do and Bhansali's beautiful twist to the popular bandish - Albelaa Sajan)
2. The song 'Laal Ishq' from Bhansali's previous film RamLeela was good. Arijit aced it.
3. Agree on Phir Le aaya (Barfi)
4. Lootera had some good songs by Amit Trivedi.
5. I am very much smitten by "Hone Do Batiyaan" from Fitoor (Amit Trivedi). Sounds very indie (non-filmy), but good. Some RD feel somewhere.
6. Amit Trivedi composed some interesting songs for Bombay Velvet
7. I liked Matargashti too from ARR's Tamasha (including that nice hat tip to Dev Anand-S.D.Burman towards the end of the song). 

Again, a good number of these do not fit into the stuff that we are used to (by listening to yesteryear greats). These are merely the songs I enjoyed. I felt that Sanjay Leela Bhansali is a surprise for me, because he is a filmmaker first. Never expected that he could come up with songs like Mohe Rang Do. Now i credit him for the songs of HDDCS and Devdas. Vishal Bharadwaj composes less but does a good job. Amit Trivedi is doing some interesting music.

digression ends.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri May 13, 2016 5:04 pm

Somewhat balanced article discussing IR's stand on NA for MD

இப்படிப் பார்க்கும்போது அந்தப் படத்துக்கான இசையைப் பிரித்துப் பார்க்க வேண்டாம் என்று சொல்வதற்கான நியாயம் இருக்கத்தான் செய்கிறது. ஆனால், இது எல்லாப் படங்களுக்கும் பொருந்தாது. இதற்கு இளையராஜா உட்பட எந்த இசையமைப்பாளரும் விதிவிலக்கல்ல.

Now my 2 cents :

தகுதியானவர்கள் விருது கொடுக்கும் குழுவில் இருக்க வேண்டும். 

ஆட்சியாளர்கள் அவர்களை நியமித்தாலும், அப்படிப்பட்டோரைத் தேர்ந்தெடுக்க வேண்டிய வழிமுறைகள் உயர்ந்த வல்லுநர்களால் வகுக்கப்பட வேண்டும்.  அவை மீறப்படக்கூடாது. நடுநிலைமை மிகுந்தவர்களும் திறம்பட்டவர்களும் கொண்ட ஒரே குழு மீண்டும் மீண்டும் வந்தாலும் குழப்பமில்லை. 

அப்படியெல்லாம் இல்லாத வரை, இவை வெறுமென அரசியல் அல்லது தனிநபர் விருப்பு வெறுப்புகள் / யாருக்குக் குழுவில் வலிமை அதிகம் என்பது போன்ற சில்லறைத்தனங்கள் அடிப்படையிலான விருதுகளாக மட்டுமே இருக்கும். 

தற்சமயம் இத்தகைய அரசியல் விருதுகளை விட "வெகுஜன ஆதரவு" என்ற விருதே மேல் என்ற அவலநிலை இருக்கிறது. (வெகுஜனத்துக்கும் உயர்ந்த கலை ரசனைக்கும் பல நேரமும் இணைப்பு இருப்பதில்லை - மார்க்கெட்டிங் போன்ற உத்திகள் வெகுஜனக் கருத்தை வளைக்கும் நிலை இன்று அதிகம். அப்படியாக, தரம் தாழ்ந்த படைப்புகளும் ஆஹா ஓஹோ எனப்புகழப்படும் நிலை!).

ஆக, பிரித்துக்கொடுப்பதா, சேர்த்துக் கொடுப்பதா என்பதையெல்லாம் விட  கொடுக்கிற குழுவின் தகுதி தான் ரொம்ப முக்கியம்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Sat May 14, 2016 6:31 am

app_engine wrote: Somewhat balanced article discussing IR's stand on NA for MD

இப்படிப் பார்க்கும்போது அந்தப் படத்துக்கான இசையைப் பிரித்துப் பார்க்க வேண்டாம் என்று சொல்வதற்கான நியாயம் இருக்கத்தான் செய்கிறது. ஆனால், இது எல்லாப் படங்களுக்கும் பொருந்தாது. இதற்கு இளையராஜா உட்பட எந்த இசையமைப்பாளரும் விதிவிலக்கல்ல.

Now my 2 cents :

தகுதியானவர்கள் விருது கொடுக்கும் குழுவில் இருக்க வேண்டும். 

ஆட்சியாளர்கள் அவர்களை நியமித்தாலும், அப்படிப்பட்டோரைத் தேர்ந்தெடுக்க வேண்டிய வழிமுறைகள் உயர்ந்த வல்லுநர்களால் வகுக்கப்பட வேண்டும்.  அவை மீறப்படக்கூடாது. நடுநிலைமை மிகுந்தவர்களும் திறம்பட்டவர்களும் கொண்ட ஒரே குழு மீண்டும் மீண்டும் வந்தாலும் குழப்பமில்லை. 

அப்படியெல்லாம் இல்லாத வரை, இவை வெறுமென அரசியல் அல்லது தனிநபர் விருப்பு வெறுப்புகள் / யாருக்குக் குழுவில் வலிமை அதிகம் என்பது போன்ற சில்லறைத்தனங்கள் அடிப்படையிலான விருதுகளாக மட்டுமே இருக்கும். 

தற்சமயம் இத்தகைய அரசியல் விருதுகளை விட "வெகுஜன ஆதரவு" என்ற விருதே மேல் என்ற அவலநிலை இருக்கிறது. (வெகுஜனத்துக்கும் உயர்ந்த கலை ரசனைக்கும் பல நேரமும் இணைப்பு இருப்பதில்லை - மார்க்கெட்டிங் போன்ற உத்திகள் வெகுஜனக் கருத்தை வளைக்கும் நிலை இன்று அதிகம். அப்படியாக, தரம் தாழ்ந்த படைப்புகளும் ஆஹா ஓஹோ எனப்புகழப்படும் நிலை!).

ஆக, பிரித்துக்கொடுப்பதா, சேர்த்துக் கொடுப்பதா என்பதையெல்லாம் விட  கொடுக்கிற குழுவின் தகுதி தான் ரொம்ப முக்கியம்.
பாராட்டு தானாக வரவேண்டும். பாராட்டுவருக்கு அதற்கான தகுதி வேண்டும் IR said this sometime back in a concert when host asked to shout more from audience. So this NA award OSCAR award all are just political (paring real ones which deserve) decided by set of people in committee. Just because suck kind of awards are given and recipient rejects to receive it doesnt mean it is an insult to the country. So as IR says "people award" or how his music reaches all general public and what they say is more important than all these political awards. Even though marketing gimmics may sway general public IR is still composing and people like him is more than enough as proof that people want him to continue with his creativity and all enjoy. No award can match that, which all fans know and IR knows as well.

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat May 14, 2016 7:03 am

kamalaakarsh wrote:
crimson king wrote:

Digression begins:

Some of the songs I liked:

1. Couple of songs from Bajirao Mastaani (Mohe Rang do and Bhansali's beautiful twist to the popular bandish - Albelaa Sajan)
2. The song 'Laal Ishq' from Bhansali's previous film RamLeela was good. Arijit aced it.
3. Agree on Phir Le aaya (Barfi)
4. Lootera had some good songs by Amit Trivedi.
5. I am very much smitten by "Hone Do Batiyaan" from Fitoor (Amit Trivedi). Sounds very indie (non-filmy), but good. Some RD feel somewhere.
6. Amit Trivedi composed some interesting songs for Bombay Velvet
7. I liked Matargashti too from ARR's Tamasha (including that nice hat tip to Dev Anand-S.D.Burman towards the end of the song). 

Again, a good number of these do not fit into the stuff that we are used to (by listening to yesteryear greats). These are merely the songs I enjoyed. I felt that Sanjay Leela Bhansali is a surprise for me, because he is a filmmaker first. Never expected that he could come up with songs like Mohe Rang Do. Now i credit him for the songs of HDDCS and Devdas. Vishal Bharadwaj composes less but does a good job. Amit Trivedi is doing some interesting music.

digression ends.

Will check out Lal Ishq, Bajirao, Matargashti and that Fitoor song.  I loved Sawar Loon though my favourite Amit Trivedi song is Looni Hasi.  Liked Dadaam from Bombay Velvet.  Bit reminiscent of Day by Day Wink albeit with much better singing.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun May 15, 2016 10:28 pm

SKV's celebration of 40 years of IR

இனியவை நாற்பது Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon May 16, 2016 3:47 pm

from saravanan from Dhool.....

Nenjilaadum Poo Ondru is one of those ventures that sleeps undisturbed in the cans, never destined to reach the silver screen. The film’s album, thankfully, was released- the sleeve of the LP record proclaims the year of its manufacture as 1979. And displays Vijayakumar in an intimate embrace with Radha Saluja.
‘Thankfully’ I said, because the elusive album cunningly secrets within its seldom explored confines, some bewitching compositions of Ilaiyaraja- compositions that surely warranted a happier destiny, grander commercial and critical acclaim.

http://newdhool.blogspot.in/2016/05/40-years-of-mesmerising-music-look-at_14.html

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon May 16, 2016 11:11 pm

SenthiVinu's "paper.li" :

http://paper.li/SenthilVinu/1354817192#!headlines

(நம்ம இழை ஒன்றுக்கு அங்கே விளம்பரம் இருக்கு Smile )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue May 17, 2016 11:56 am

app_engine wrote: SKV's celebration of 40 years of IR

இனியவை நாற்பது Smile
thanks inba sir!

Here is the updated links...

Part 1 - http://itekvijay.blogspot.in/2016/05/40-part-1.html

Part 2 - http://itekvijay.blogspot.in/2016/05/40-part-2.html

இசைஞானி இளையராஜா தன் இசைப்பயணத்தை திரைப்படங்களில் அதிகாரபூர்வமாக துவங்கி நேற்றோடு 40 ஆண்டுகள் ஆகிறது. அதாவது 40 வருடங்கள் முன்பு தான் 14 May 1976 அன்று, அவரது முதல் படம் ‘அன்னக்கிளி’ வெளியானது!

இதையும் சரி, ’இளையராஜா 1000’ என்கிற 1000 படங்களுக்கு இசையமைத்த சாதனை நிகழ்வையும் சரி, பல வாரங்களுக்கு, பலவாறகக் கொண்டாடலாம்! ஒரு முடிவே இல்லாமல் கொண்டாடிக்கொண்டே கூட இருக்கலாம்!

அப்படி, 40 ஆண்டுகள் நிறைவை, இசைஞானியின் 40 பாடல்களுடன், அந்தப்பாடல்களிலுள்ள ஏதேனும் ஒரு விஷயம்/நுட்பத்தை சொல்லி, கொண்டாடவே இப்பதிவு! இது என்னுடைய “இனியவை நாற்பது”!

Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Tue May 17, 2016 2:36 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:
app_engine wrote: SKV's celebration of 40 years of IR

இனியவை நாற்பது Smile
thanks inba sir!

Here is the updated links...

Part 1 - http://itekvijay.blogspot.in/2016/05/40-part-1.html

Part 2 - http://itekvijay.blogspot.in/2016/05/40-part-2.html

இசைஞானி இளையராஜா தன் இசைப்பயணத்தை திரைப்படங்களில் அதிகாரபூர்வமாக துவங்கி நேற்றோடு 40 ஆண்டுகள் ஆகிறது. அதாவது 40 வருடங்கள் முன்பு தான் 14 May 1976 அன்று, அவரது முதல் படம் ‘அன்னக்கிளி’ வெளியானது!

இதையும் சரி, ’இளையராஜா 1000’ என்கிற 1000 படங்களுக்கு இசையமைத்த சாதனை நிகழ்வையும் சரி, பல வாரங்களுக்கு, பலவாறகக் கொண்டாடலாம்! ஒரு முடிவே இல்லாமல் கொண்டாடிக்கொண்டே கூட இருக்கலாம்!

அப்படி, 40 ஆண்டுகள் நிறைவை, இசைஞானியின் 40 பாடல்களுடன், அந்தப்பாடல்களிலுள்ள ஏதேனும் ஒரு விஷயம்/நுட்பத்தை சொல்லி, கொண்டாடவே இப்பதிவு! இது என்னுடைய “இனியவை நாற்பது”!

Good work SKV. 

While it is ambitious to cover Raja's 40 years with 40 tracks in two posts , you have covered all the languages and not stuck to Tamil.

I also liked the idea of covering his independent albums and drawing parallels from Western masters.

cheers

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue May 17, 2016 7:44 pm

next opportunity for IR-attackers, unfortunately "maniacs" cannot jump into this

வாக்களிக்காத திரையுலக பிரபலங்கள்

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue May 17, 2016 8:25 pm

SKV,
Wonderful set of posts serving as a fitting tribute to Maestro's 40 flourishing years in music. ஒரு பானை சோற்றுக்கு ஒரு சோறு பதம் என்கிற மாதிரி you covered glimpse of Maestro's works in these 40 compositions. Congratulations!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next