Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

+32
groucho070
Punnaimaran
Shank
mayilSK
Bala (Karthik)
vicks
kv
Sakalakala Vallavar
sagi
rajkumarc
writeface
kamalaakarsh
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
D22_Malar
Balu
mythila
baroque
rajaclan
ravinat
Raaga_Suresh
irir123
irfan123
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
Wizzy
kiru
crimson king
V_S
fring151
Usha
plum
app_engine
36 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 34 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  app_engine Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:35 pm

Well, I did googling after the last post...

Seems to be this one:
http://www.isaignanifanclub.com/

There is a "FORUM" tab...but it says "Coming Soon" Smile

So, how to go to a place that is non-existent today?

இதெல்லாம் கொஞ்சம் ஓவர்...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 34 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  fring151 Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:22 am

If ever the Idle mind devil's workshop proverb can be applied to any one, it has to be KR. Somewhat struggling to find meaningful employment at present, he seems hellbent on exploiting and in the process destroying the goodwill and affection his dad has earned over the years - purely by dint of quality of music, I might add (unlike most other celebrities in TN). HCIRFs might not react to all this, but I can't blame certain sections of paamara rasigagal getting irritated or put off by all this drama. I myself have pretty much had it with KR, his mismanagement of concerts, lashing out at musicians who played for IR in Ilayathalam and now this...

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:34 am

app_engine wrote:Well, I did googling after the last post...

Seems to be this one:
http://www.isaignanifanclub.com/

There is a "FORUM" tab...but it says "Coming Soon" Smile

So, how to go to a place that is non-existent today?

இதெல்லாம் கொஞ்சம் ஓவர்...

app,
  Fees um iruku  indha fan club il sera...  

idhu ellam prob ilai.... ipo neenga nadaratha madhirii continue panna mudiyuma... nadakuma.. adharku than kavalai........

kedhal..  idhai seiyaravanga...  marainju irundhu dhan seivanga.. idha Raja purinjukanam........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:05 am

fring151 wrote:If ever the Idle mind devil's workshop proverb can be applied to any one, it has to be KR. Somewhat struggling to find meaningful employment at present, he seems hellbent on exploiting and in the process destroying the goodwill and affection his dad has earned over the years - purely by dint of quality of music, I might add (unlike most other celebrities in TN). HCIRFs might not react to all this, but I can't blame certain sections of paamara rasigagal getting irritated or put off by all this drama. I myself have pretty much had it with KR, his mismanagement of concerts, lashing out at musicians who played for IR in Ilayathalam and now this...

Same feeling here. we dont have to join that club and I dont think anybody can stop us from operating in this forum. KR can sue us :-(

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:40 am

kiru wrote:
fring151 wrote:If ever the Idle mind devil's workshop proverb can be applied to any one, it has to be KR. Somewhat struggling to find meaningful employment at present, he seems hellbent on exploiting and in the process destroying the goodwill and affection his dad has earned over the years - purely by dint of quality of music, I might add (unlike most other celebrities in TN). HCIRFs might not react to all this, but I can't blame certain sections of paamara rasigagal getting irritated or put off by all this drama. I myself have pretty much had it with KR, his mismanagement of concerts, lashing out at musicians who played for IR in Ilayathalam and now this...

Same feeling here. we dont have to join that club and I dont think anybody can stop us from operating in this forum. KR can sue us :-(

In Harry Potter, Hogwarts the magic school to Muggles (non-magic people, now part of Oxford dictionary, paarraa!) will appear as some decrepit building with a "Danger! Do Not Enter" sign. appidi indha foratha KR kaNNukku Akka mudiyungaLA? Razz
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Just felt like sharing this. There is a restaurant named 'Ulava Chaaru' in Hyderabad. And No, this restaurant did not start after the Prakash Raj film released. This restaurant has been there since about an year or so. I visited this place few times and all the times I went there, they played Ilayaraja's telugu hits. Coincidence, I thought.

Today I chanced upon their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Ulavacharu/photos/pb.472437379497674.-2207520000.1403870402./642869775787766/?type=3&theater
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:09 pm

I totally understand KR and the team curbed many sites that were playing/publishing IR’s music illegally. It was a very welcome move as the efforts put by Maestro on every note has so much value, that it should not be available for free. Definitely it falls under copyright laws.

If they are trying to employ the same method to IR fans thinking they should only operate on one single platform, they utterly failed to capture the essence and sentiments of the fan base, in addition to severely curbing their rights of expression, thoughts and freedom.

உங்களில் பலர் அதிகாரப்பூர்வமான என்னுடைய இணையதளம் என்று விளம்பரப்படுத்திக் கொண்டு, என்னுடைய அதிகாரம் இல்லாமலே, அதிகாரமற்ற முறையில் நீங்கள் பல வருடங்களாக இந்த இணையதளத்தை குழுமங்களாக நடத்தி வருகிறீர்கள்.

To express about what you feel about any music, there is no law which states you should only write in a particular (official) site and not anywhere else. Then you should also include many news dailies (including the big ones), magazines (because they are also groups) which review/analyze your music which also operates in the internet. There is nothing illegal here.

I am not sure who claims that their site is official other than the one created by Bhavatharini, KR and the team recently. I don’t think anyone does that. I agree there are many IR fan groups in internet, but all the groups mainly have only two mottos as far as I know. One to express their feelings about Maestro’s music to the group and to the world who does not know much about his works and the other to fight/defend anyone who talks anything against Maestro. Again it is not that simple to say that.

என் பெயரை வைத்து உங்களை நீங்கள் உலகுக்கு அறிமுகம் செய்து கொண்ட காரணத்தால்,

First time a hard-core ILaiyaraaja fan inside me shook when I read the above statement; because of these careless statements by KR and the team (Even I would blame IR here as he spoke these words, even though the original idea was not his). It is not about how careless that statement was, it is about what and how lowly they perceive IR fans, which is thoroughly disappointing. There is a way to communicate to bring and unit all the fans, but not this way.

Do we expect any recognition, fame or monetary benefits when expressing our thoughts on his music? In what way we address/spoil his name to get introduction to the world? This is truly hurting. Yes I agree, we talk about his music, but is that alone we do in the internet?  I will come to the details now.

Do you really know how many kinds of IR fans are there? Even leave me alone I came into internet only four years ago, there are millions of IR fans operating since the internet came into picture in late 90s. How many quarrels, fights, humiliation, and embarrassment they faced as a fan since last 17 years? Please read, that for every attack on Maestro and his music, there has always been a counter-attack/defense from an IR fan. Please read anywhere from youtube, facebook, twitter or any site, there always has been an IR fan who fought for you. We never left you behind. We might have even left our families and children behind for you, but not the other way round. I don’t think many fans did the same for their father even. On the other hand, please imagine the sleepless nights, the fights and compromises they have to make with their family and children because of the time we spend on your music and for you. For example, I ignored my children studies for your music. I ignored talking to my family (every weekend) because I thought I could write more about your music in that time for the unknowns. I ignored most of my family responsibilities for your music. There are millions like me. Is it all because of this “என் பெயரை வைத்து உங்களை நீங்கள் உலகுக்கு அறிமுகம் செய்து கொண்ட காரணத்தால” ?

How easy to say that without even thinking? It hurts so much. It is out of love, we do all these, nothing else. We don’t expect anything in return. We will continue to be so. Please don’t underestimate our love and affection towards you and your music. It is paining. We see this world only through your music and we deserve all this. We IR fans are united by love and not by force.

Back to top Go down

Post  SenthilVinu Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:48 pm

V_S wrote:I totally understand KR and the team curbed many sites that were playing/publishing IR’s music illegally. It was a very welcome move as the efforts put by Maestro on every note has so much value, that it should not be available for free. Definitely it falls under copyright laws.

If they are trying to employ the same method to IR fans thinking they should only operate on one single platform, they utterly failed to capture the essence and sentiments of the fan base, in addition to severely curbing their rights of expression, thoughts and freedom.

உங்களில் பலர் அதிகாரப்பூர்வமான என்னுடைய இணையதளம் என்று விளம்பரப்படுத்திக் கொண்டு, என்னுடைய அதிகாரம் இல்லாமலே, அதிகாரமற்ற முறையில் நீங்கள் பல வருடங்களாக இந்த இணையதளத்தை குழுமங்களாக நடத்தி வருகிறீர்கள்.

To express about what you feel about any music, there is no law which states you should only write in a particular (official) site and not anywhere else. Then you should also include many news dailies (including the big ones), magazines (because they are also groups) which review/analyze your music which also operates in the internet. There is nothing illegal here.

I am not sure who claims that their site is official other than the one created by Bhavatharini, KR and the team recently. I don’t think anyone does that. I agree there are many IR fan groups in internet, but all the groups mainly have only two mottos as far as I know. One to express their feelings about Maestro’s music to the group and to the world who does not know much about his works and the other to fight/defend anyone who talks anything against Maestro. Again it is not that simple to say that.

First time a hard-core ILaiyaraaja fan inside me shook when I read the above statement; because of these careless statements by KR and the team (Even I would blame IR here as he spoke these words, even though the original idea was not his). It is not about how careless that statement was, it is about what and how lowly they perceive IR fans, which is thoroughly disappointing. There is a way to communicate to bring and unit all the fans, but not this way.

Do we expect any recognition, fame or monetary benefits when expressing our thoughts on his music? In what way we address/spoil his name to get introduction to the world? This is truly hurting. Yes I agree, we talk about his music, but is that alone we do in the internet?  I will come to the details now.

Do you really know how many kinds of IR fans are there? Even leave me alone I came into internet only four years ago, there are millions of IR fans operating since the internet came into picture in late 90s. How many quarrels, fights, humiliation, and embarrassment they faced as a fan since last 17 years? Please read, that for every attack on Maestro and his music, there has always been a counter-attack/defense from an IR fan. Please read anywhere from youtube, facebook, twitter or any site, there always has been an IR fan who fought for you. We never left you behind. We might have even left our families and children behind for you, but not the other way round. I don’t think many fans did the same for their father even. On the other hand, please imagine the sleepless nights, the fights and compromises they have to make with their family and children because of the time we spend on your music and for you. For example, I ignored my children studies for your music. I ignored talking to my family (every weekend) because I thought I could write more about your music in that time for the unknowns. I ignored most of my family responsibilities for your music. There are millions like me. Is it all because of this “என் பெயரை வைத்து உங்களை நீங்கள் உலகுக்கு அறிமுகம் செய்து கொண்ட காரணத்தால” ?

How easy to say that without even thinking? It hurts so much. It is out of love, we do all these, nothing else. We don’t expect anything in return. We will continue to be so. Please don’t underestimate our love and affection towards you and your music. It is paining. We see this world only through your music and we deserve all this. We IR fans are united by love and not by force.

+1. Serious mismanagement. There are other ways to bring fans to official sites.

SenthilVinu

Back to top Go down

Post  vicks Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:20 pm

V_S wrote:

V_S ji, I will give them (KR & crew/IR et al) the benefit of doubt and assume IR is referring to 'IlayarajaOfficial' websites and facebook groups/pages and the "admins" who run those obviously fake sites (that border on spam and keep recycling the same 50-100 songs), and not the 'rasikas' who share their love and passion for his music everywhere, including such sites. For instance, our forum clearly states it is a place to 'discuss' anything IR related, nowhere does it say 'welcome to the official IR discussions forum' which is what would irk IR/KR, IMO.

vicks

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:17 pm

When I search for "Ilaiyaraaja Official" I only got this site. https://www.facebook.com/Ilaiyaraaja There is one other in youtube. Are they targeting just for these two groups and IR spoke just for these two groups and their admins (provided they are not official) ? I doubt it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:38 pm

^^ There seems to have been another IR fan group claiming to be his official voice online called It's Me Ilayaraaja (been pulled down now. I assume this was fake too): https://www.facebook.com/itsmeIlaiyaraaja

The worst part is this got advertisement in the tabloid websites like behindwoods.com which unfortunately is read by a wide section of paamara rasikas (everyone and not just mafias): http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-14/ilayaraja-is-officially-in-facebook-page-now.html (dated March 2014, quite recent and look at the language there, "joined the bandwagon" it seems). And then you have the page you linked which is recognized by Facebook (with the blue tick mark and close to 2 million likes, not a small number at all) but DOES NOT ACTUALLY have IR's nod  LOL 

So this gives these fake pages a sort of legitimacy to operate in the virtual world. And the only reason they advertise themselves as official pages when they are not would be for publicity. And these fake groups develop a rivalry. So I think vicks may have a point here.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Whatever, as long as they don't order/request a shutdown of this forum or other similar groups and bring everyone under the  "official forum" which in all likelihood is going to be a politicaly correct discussion space ridden with platitudes like "IR is great", "Raja raja thaan" with limited scope for critical remarks and no controversial topics or colourful language permitted.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:53 pm

So basically it comes down to just that one page which I quoted which then is too much. I believe that page was started way before the new global fan site started. I don't think the number of likes in fb decide the number of fans. Just that the visitors want some entertainment every day they login. By advertising it's official, they believed it was official as no one opened a page like that before. Just like msvtimes where fans opened/created a page and declared it official first. At the time of opening, they might not have a consent with MSV, but later on they did. Secondly, in terms of monetary benefit, what they gain by advertizing so? Or Did they spoil Maestro's image/reputation by opening that page? It's just out of passion they do, right? or am I missing something? In that case, the ideal way is to request them to join the 'actual' official site and not by poking at them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:55 pm

V_S wrote:So basically it comes down to just that one page which I quoted which then is too much. I believe that page was started way before the new global fan site started. I don't think the number of likes in fb decide the number of fans. Just that the visitors want some entertainment every day they login. By advertising it's official, they believed it was official as no one opened a page like that before. Just like msvtimes where fans opened/created a page and declared it official first. At the time of opening, they might not have a consent with MSV, but later on they did. Secondly, in terms of monetary benefit, what they gain by advertizing so? It's just out of passion they do, right? or am I missing something? In that case, the ideal way is to request them to join the 'actual' official site and not by poking at them.

Fair point. IR's andha oru sentence ennayum konjam uruthuchu.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:54 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:41 am

Thanks SKV for the video,
@VS - I think IR is not saying anything bad - if you introduce yourselves as my fan .. I ask you to operate within my framework. Seems ok. 
If there is any problem, we can change our forum name to 'musicwelove.forumms.net' or something like that and add a separate thread for rahman_and_beyond :-(

Does anybody have KR's email ? I think he does not understand many things. 
IR fans living in India and abroad are not making a living singing IR songs on trains, buses and airplanes or in amusement parks :-)
We are also productive and creative, maybe not like IR and the world needs IR and every one of us.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:56 am

Legally, they probably have every right to ask people to change the domain name, but the question is, doesn't it leave a bad taste in the mouth,  if he suggests well meaning fans have been using his name for personal fame or gain?

But I noticed he used the singular, not plural (iNayathaLam). He seems to be talking about one particular site, probably the "Official IR FB page" which DM pointed out earlier with million+likes and which KR maybe thinks is diverting traffic from the official page? Hopefully this forum is not the target of their ire.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:12 am

I don't think IRB is a target here (would be a real shame if it is  Sad).  He seems to have objected to calling it an official fan page.  If that is what they did, I think he is right to say they ought to do so with his permission.  And if he does not want to grant permission because KR has now started an official fan page, that is also fair.  I have followed many artists and their fan groups and, always, always, a fan group that is not officially run by the artist or his/her agents is identified as "unofficial".  That is just and fair.  Whatever the extent of passion, no fan group has the right to identify their page as official if they did not have the authorisation of the artist themselves to do so.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:45 am

I don't think IRB is a target either, in fact am pretty sure it must be that unauthorised official page on FB. But then this KR fellow has revealed himself to be a bit of a loose cannon at times, so you can't be 100% certain.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:10 am

about IR....  2 points...

1.  avarudaiya vaarthaigaluku direct aga artham theda mudiyadhu.

2.  vendam or.. veruthar endru mudivu seidhal.... neat aga thorathuvar....   kaalam bhadhil sollum...........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:16 am

Violin vicky.....  Pani vizhum iravu........  

nejam dhan......  

2.22 to 2.25......  left portion il irundha hand(avarudiaya left hand. ipadi ordinaryaga solla mudiyadhu...)..  parandhu vandhu.. right side il  land ana azhagu......  enna oru performance... Amazing.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v8tkfhwZBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v8tkfhwZBY

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:38 pm

My first concern is why a genius like IR has to even address these silly issues other than his music and copyright issues? I seriously think whoever gave this wonderful idea to him is actually spoiling his reputation rather than his fans who opened the sites out of passion for his music. If only one site was targeted, why not address that site exclusively (privately) rather than addressing all his fans on internet, if that was not his intention?

He did not say group, he said groups (kuzhumangaL) which means he/his team had other groups also in their mind. Another thing which was implied here is, it was not addresses to us, so don't mind. Sorry, I cannot think that way, as we all are his fans. I don't see any discrimination.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:00 pm

While there are alot of things which needs to be corrected/addressed at both sides(us and IR camp), just think, any outsider or unaware fella listening this vid will only go mad or confused. Such is the level of describing. not at all nice
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:42 am

V_S wrote:My first concern is why a genius like IR has to even address these silly issues other than his music and copyright issues? I seriously think whoever gave this wonderful idea to him is actually spoiling his reputation rather than his fans who opened the sites out of passion for his music. If only one site was targeted, why not address that site exclusively (privately) rather than addressing all his fans on internet, if that was not his intention?

He did not say group, he said groups (kuzhumangaL) which means he/his team had other groups also in their mind. Another thing which was implied here is, it was not addresses to us, so don't mind. Sorry, I cannot think that way, as we all are his fans. I don't see any discrimination.

You have a point. Idhu enga pOi mudiya pOradhO. pAppOm.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:45 am

V_S,
   Neenga sonnadhu pola.. indha internet il... Raja fan aga iruka .. enna paadu pattu irukom.. ethana idathil... ethanai sandai..

apadi padu pattu dhanae.. indru indha nilaiyil irukom...  

apodhu ellam vandhu kandu kollamal... ellam sariyaga irukum indha samayathil...  vandhu .. ipadi sonnal.. enna artham........

ipodhum.. indha inaiya thalathil.........  raja paatukaga  blog ellam iruku......  youtube colleciton ellam iruku...... 

ellavatraiyum control panninal....... enna minjum....  Raja sir adaiyalam ilamal..kanamal povar...............

from 90s..  Raja isai irukiradhu endral. indha inaiyamum..  Groups um...  Forum.... romba mukkiya pangu vagithu irukiradhu.

Fans.... oru idamaga irundhu... IR's works.... aduthu enna endru gavanithu...  adharku encourage seidhu. endru

romba periya velai.. ithanai varudangalaga nadandhu irukriadhu..... adharku ellam support seidhadhu illai. adhai
ellam edhirparkavum ilai...........

enaku therindhu.... Raja kaga official group...  Third time.. try panranga........   parkalam....

Raja... Forum or Group... indha inaiya ulagil.. athanai saadharana vishayam ilai.. adhai purindhu kolla vendum... adhai azhipadharku munnal......

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next