Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

+32
groucho070
Punnaimaran
Shank
mayilSK
Bala (Karthik)
vicks
kv
Sakalakala Vallavar
sagi
rajkumarc
writeface
kamalaakarsh
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
D22_Malar
Balu
mythila
baroque
rajaclan
ravinat
Raaga_Suresh
irir123
irfan123
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
Wizzy
kiru
crimson king
V_S
fring151
Usha
plum
app_engine
36 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 35 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  app_engine Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:29 pm

I was not part of tfmpage.com when it started. However, from some of the early DFers, I've heard that the original intention was to start some kind of IRF discussion forum Smile
(kiru, please correct me if I'm too much off the mark. In any case, one of the founders of tfmpage, RR sir, is a big IRF)

By the time I came into that forum, in late 90's, it was already a raging battling ground for IRFs v/s others Smile

And it continued to be that way even after more than a decade (well, it was the main reason why we left the hub to start this new forum).

I'm with you V_Sji - there's no need for this message / video and all such nonsense, especially looking down from the PoV of the extraordinary musical genius IR.

The fellows around him are trying very hard to bring him down to an "average Thamizh film hero" level Sad

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 35 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  V_S Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:56 pm

Usha ji,
Very well put. Every word have to carved in gold.

App ji,
"average Thamizh film hero'' - Exactly! correctA sonneenga what they are trying to reduce this genius to Embarassed 

I am pleased/relieved that IR veteran fans like Usha ji and App ji who have see the worst days in internet (since late 90s) share the same sentiment as mine. Thank you very much.

"IR fans in internet" is itself a big topic of research and study. Even when most of Maestro's contemporaries were regular in internet, he was not (he is still not). They have a good grip of who and what their fans are. I was so happy that IR is devoted to music only and he is not at all interested in all these. This is reflected in his music as it is so pure and it does not have these fans influence/impact on what he has to compose. He did/does not even know what his fan base is in the internet and their sentiments. Even those who are with him are aware of some of these, are not regular and all of them were only recently in some social medias. They don't even have a clue what happened for the last 17 years. We have seen (are seeing now too) recently that they are only reactive and impatient, rather than giving time to understand the whole issues in internet. So whatever updates they give/gave/giving to Maestro may not be completely true and mostly false. If Maestro is not even aware of what's going on here, why unnecessarily succumb to others views and issue that statement is my concern. Anyway having expressed my concern, I will take this as என் அப்பா சொன்னதாக எடுத்துக்கொள்கிறேன்.

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:15 pm

Well.. I am upset too.. but dont have to be too upset. Like App said, when we were discussing stuff on tfmpage, KR might not have even known what a web is.  Usha is right - tfmpage or our forumm cannot be shutdown overnight.  I dont think they can do it legally. So no worries there. Too much effort has gone into building the site and the relationships between members. We cannot overnight become part of another community. We will have adjustment problems :-) 
But why all this fuss is a good question. I blame it all on KR (like fring). IR has always listened to KR's advice, but he corrects himself after a while. IR has an ego, but he does respect people when he understands who they are. I dont think he will disrespect or disregard any of us. 
I dont want to hurt any music lovers or creators - but music exists only after we have resolved all our basic needs - food, clothing, shelter. Many of us are directly or indirectly involved in professions related to basic needs. We need to be on top of these before we can patronize entertainment/music. So am sure just like the poets who relied on the patronage of the kings.. IR knows he is funded by the patronage of music lovers who are involved in other productive functions. I am not too worried. We should continue our other conversations.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:13 pm

kiru wrote:Well.. I am upset too.. but dont have to be too upset. Like App said, when we were discussing stuff on tfmpage, KR might not have even known what a web is.  Usha is right - tfmpage or our forumm cannot be shutdown overnight.  I dont think they can do it legally. So no worries there. Too much effort has gone into building the site and the relationships between members. We cannot overnight become part of another community. We will have adjustment problems :-) 
But why all this fuss is a good question. I blame it all on KR (like fring). IR has always listened to KR's advice, but he corrects himself after a while. IR has an ego, but he does respect people when he understands who they are. I dont think he will disrespect or disregard any of us. 
I dont want to hurt any music lovers or creators - but music exists only after we have resolved all our basic needs - food, clothing, shelter. Many of us are directly or indirectly involved in professions related to basic needs. We need to be on top of these before we can patronize entertainment/music. So am sure just like the poets who relied on the patronage of the kings.. IR knows he is funded by the patronage of music lovers who are involved in other productive functions. I am not too worried. We should continue our other conversations.

+1 kiru........

..... film personalities.. club or Group or Forum.. Non offiial sites.. naakaradhu dhanae....

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:41 pm

V_S,
Thanks for the kind words....... Ungaludaiya karuthu dhan ellam...
IR fan aga patta kashtam.. paatai patri solli kolla idam illamal patta kashtam... apodhu dhan indha group , forum endru
vandhadhu....... adhilum idam illamal ponadhal dhane ipadi oru forum.......

indha nilaiyil.. indha kodumai.... konjamum Nyayam ilai..................

-

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Manja kulichu....  from Shivani.. Airtel super singer junior  -  from 37.44

Players... and the singer. tremendous improvement.....  realy Nice...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buxrR3bqHB0&list=PLsSTkBgqx7ovzWo-IShKJ_q-5_N9GdApw

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:06 am

Usha wrote:Manja kulichu....  from Shivani.. Airtel super singer junior  -  from 37.44

Players... and the singer. tremendous improvement.....  realy Nice...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buxrR3bqHB0&list=PLsSTkBgqx7ovzWo-IShKJ_q-5_N9GdApw

Good ..challenging song.. but I liked the first singer.. a bit more older and probably mature singer. 
Even the little fellow who did usilampatti was good inspite of the mistakes ..whats with Kerala and performing arts !!

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:27 pm

Kerala singers..  younger or older......  paatu nyanam.. adhigama than iruku...............

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:32 pm

Sedhu Darbar....  old dhan....  Singer Sunatha interview.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpzhmicy3Ho

Usha

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 35 Empty Down with License/Permit Raj(A)

Post  mythila Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:03 am

Sharing the same concern and distress as V_S and many here. I fervently wish all this so called "license/permit Raj a" Nehru kaalathu rule settles down quickly like a storm in a tea cup and we all have nothing beyond IR's music to talk about.

KaruNai kaNN pArum KR ayyA

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:43 am

rAsA award giving to LS

இசை கலைஞர்கள் பிறக்கிறார்கள், உருவாக்கப்படுவதில்லை என்று இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜா கூறினார்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:04 am

app_engine wrote: rAsA award giving to LS

இசை கலைஞர்கள் பிறக்கிறார்கள், உருவாக்கப்படுவதில்லை என்று இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜா கூறினார்.

There are a few people there politely refuting the above point by IR. I agree to some extent with them. But it has been established that music (and even Mathematical ability) is a genetic endowment. You have to have that kind of mental makeup/capability - not everybody can do it. Of course, hardwork, dedication etc are needed. As rjay mentioned in tfmpage, IR is a good example of - "genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration" .. But IR may not believe that he worked hard. If you compare him with me :-) he surely has worked hard. Not only that, he works hard systematically and every composing opportunity is a learning and enhancing exercise. He has let the cat out at times - saying he wanted to compose a particular song in a particular ragam. He has done this so many times, so he is able to draw on the ragam, as a software programmer would use a language or programming paradigm. You get better at it by doing it many times. Even logic sometimes comes naturally without conscious thinking and music will also come naturally without conscious thinking .. that i what is happening with IR.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:48 am

if you take software programmer analogy, not all software programmers are blessed with sound logic kiru.
Most of us manage by scraping through google and stackoverflow. Very few dig deeper and create new frameworks
for the impoverished majority (yours truly included in the majority). Raaja doesnt compose songs. He creates musical
 frameworks. Frameworks cannot be created without breaking existing ones. He is a born genius and he worked so hard
early on to understand his own genius. Once he sensed it, he stopped applying his mind and let his genius take over
 the process of creation. That is in nutshell how I perceive his genius, his innate gift, something he is born with, carefully selected
 from among a billion others and bestowed with.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:01 pm

A comment in a hindhi veRi article shows up in google search for rAsA

One of the main reasons behind Ilayaraja's overwhelming popularity has been this tendency of many self flagellating Tamilians who always denigrated Tamil film music composers who are all EXCELLENT in my opinion ( MSV-Ramamurthy , V.Kumar , KV.Mahadevan , G.Ramanathan etc etc) comparing them to bollywood's composers. MSV etc have been mature & humble enough not to argue but to unfairly concede rather thus appeasing hindi fanatics.

Then came Ilayaraja who punctured this hubris of hindi fanatics. So much so many bollywood composers started lifting his tunes telling they were "inspired". To this day TMS's delectable parody of "kabhie kabhie mere dil me " composed by Ilayaraja & the torture of hindi tuitions & hindi learning Tamilians are forced to undergo shown by Bhagyaraj in his " இன்று போய் நாளை வா " have such an emotive appeal to me and many kindred minds.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:35 pm

IR  - lady 's song. always.  Something Special dhan.....
comments...  parunga.. enna oru excitement......  2 varigalil...  touching the Soul........

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1502586436626310&set=vb.1470573279827626&type=2&theater

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Mu Mehta interview

இசை ஞானி இளையராஜாவிடம் பாடல் எழுதும் போது ஏற்பட்ட சுவாரஸ்யமான அனுபவங்களைச் சொல்லுங்களேன்...

ஒரே ஒரு அனுபவத்தை மட்டும் சொல்கிறேன். "உதயகீதம்' என்ற படம்! மதர்லேண்ட் பிக்சர்ஸ்அண்ணன் கோவைத்தம்பி அவர்கள் தயாரித்தது.

கதாநாயகன் ஓர் அற்புதமான பாடகன். (மோகன் நடித்திருப்பார்). தூக்கு தண்டனை பெற்று, மரணத்தை எதிர்நோக்கியிருக்கும் சிறைக் கைதி! கதாநாயகி (ரேவதி) அந்தப் பாடகனின் பரம ரசிகை. காதலில் உருகுகிறாள்.

""நான் சாகப் போகிறவன். நீ வாழ வேண்டியவள்'' என்று அவளிடமிருந்து அவன் விலகி விலகிச் செல்கிறான். 

அவளோ- "உன்னை மணந்துகொண்டு ஒரே ஒருநாள் உன் மனைவியாக உன்னுடன் வாழ்ந்தால் போதும். அடுத்த நாளே நான் மரணத்தையும் எதிர்கொள்ள ஆயத்தமாய் இருக்கிறேன்' என்று விரட்டி விரட்டி அவனைக் காதலிக்கிறாள். 

பாடல் காட்சி தொடங்கும்போது கதாநாயகன் சிறைக்குள் இருக்கிறான். கதாநாயகி சிறைக்கு வெளியே இருந்தபடி வெண்ணிலவைப் பார்த்துப் பாடுகிறாள்.

""பாடு நிலாவே! தேன் கவிதைப் பூ மலர...
உன் பாடலை நான் தேடினேன்
கேட்காமலே நான் வாடினேன்''

இதே "பல்லவியை' கதாநாயகனும் பாடுவதுபோல் நான் எழுதியிருந்தேன். பின்னர் சரணங்களைப் பாடுவார்கள்.

பாடல் பதிவாகப் போகிறது. ஒளிப்பதிவுக் கூடத்தின் உள்ளே எஸ்.பி. பாலசுப்ரமணியம்அவர்கள்.

இசைக்கூடத்தின் முன்னறையில் இசைஞானியும் நானும். திடீரென்று இளையராஜா அவர்கள், ""மேத்தா! ரேவதி சிறைக்கு வெளியே நிற்கிறார். நிலவைப் பார்த்துப் பாட முடியும். மோகன் சிறைக்கு உள்ளே இருந்தபடி "பாடு நிலாவே' என்று எப்படிப் பாடுவார்? நிலவை அவர் பார்க்க முடியாதே'' என்று கூறுகிறார். ""மோகன் பாடும் பல்லவியை மாற்றிவிடலாமா?''

நான் சமாதானம் கூறுகிறேன். ""அண்ணா! சிறைக்கதவுகள் பூட்டப்பட்டிருந்தாலும், ஜன்னல்களின் வழியே வெண்ணிலவின் ஒளி உள்ளே புகுந்துகொண்டுதானே இருக்கும். அதனால் அவரும் "பாடுநிலாவே' என்று பாடலாம்!''

இசைஞானி திருப்திடையவில்லை. யோசித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார். திடீரென்று பரவசத்தோடு கேட்கிறார். ""ரேவதி பாடுவது "பாடு நிலாவே' என்று இருக்கட்டும். அந்தப் பல்லவியை மோகன் பாடும்போது மட்டும் ஒரு "ம்' சேர்த்துக்கொள்ளலாமா?''

ஒரு நொடி யோசிக்கிறேன்- நிலவைப் பார்த்து "பாடு நிலாவே' என்று ரேவதி பாடுகிறார். மோகனோ சிறைக்குள்ளிருந்து ரேவதியின் பாட்டைக் கேட்டு விட்டு ரேவதியை முன்னிலைப்படுத்திப் பாடுகிறார்.

அப்போது "பாடுநிலாவே' என்பதில் ஒரு "ம்' சேர்ந்து கொள்கிறது. "பாடும் நிலாவே' என்று மோகன் பாடுகிறார் அடடே... இசைஞானியின் ஒரே ஓர் ஒற்றெழுத்து ஜீவனுள்ளதாக ஆக்கிவிட்டது.

""அண்ணா! ஒரு "ம்' சேர்ந்தவுடன் பல்லவி ஜம் மென்று ஆகிவிட்டதண்ணா!'' உற்சாகத்துடன் துள்ளுகிறேன்.

பரவசத்தோடு பாடல் பதிவாகிறது.

இப்போது இந்த நொடியில். இதை எழுதிக் கொண்டிருக்கும்போதுதான் ஒரு ரகசியம் தெரிகிறது. முதன்முதலாக "இனிய உதயம்' வாசகர்களோடுதான் இதைப் பகிர்ந்துகொள்கிறேன். இசைஞானிக்கே இனிமேல்தான் கூறவேண்டும்.

அது என்னவென்றால்-
இசைஞானி சேர்த்த அந்த "ம்' என்ற ஒரு மெய்யெழுத்துதான் எஸ்.பி. பாலசுப்ரமணியம்அவர்களுக்கே ஓர் அடையாளமாகிவிட்டது.

"பாடும் நிலா பாலு' என்று அவருக்குப் பட்டம் கொடுத்து அழைக்கிறார்கள். "ம்' சேராமல் இருந்திருந்தால் அப்படி ஒரு பட்டம் கொடுத்திருக்க மாட்டார்கள். "பாடு நிலா பாலு' என்றால் நன்றாக இல்லை அல்லவா?

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  panniapurathar Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:59 pm

App avargalae - premaadhamaana interview pull arithadhu kadaisi sila varigal padikkumbodhu

panniapurathar

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:38 pm

jaiganesh wrote:if you take software programmer analogy, not all software programmers are blessed with sound logic kiru.
Most of us manage by scraping through google and stackoverflow....

Jai,
For a moment I thought that was a direct personal attack on me .. just kidding :-)
I know what you mean ..
I consider myself a fan of this man's music, but I dont think I appreciate him as much as some music savvy people here
It is basically a milder form of ''kazhudaikku theriyuma karpoora vaasanai" :-)
(I still love stackoverflow though :-) )

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:43 pm

panniapurathar wrote:App avargalae - premaadhamaana interview pull arithadhu kadaisi sila varigal padikkumbodhu

Yes, this is an awesome story .. but dont you guys think that 'm' compromises the tune a little bit ..
Atleast, it proves that IR is particular about the concept than the details.. even if it might be damaging his own tune..
People dont have a case for him interfering in the lyrics if this is how he operates..

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:46 am

Senthoora poove  - Violin vicky.....

Beautiful Output..........  romba perfect.......  Especially.....

Amount of the Sound..........   for the instruments...........  Super.......

for SJ.............. during the stanza..

Kanni Paruvathin Vannak Kanavithuvae
Ennai Izhukkuthu Antha Ninaivathuvae

SJ yin soft and husky voice... idhai  piano vil express seidha vicky........ Really Great work..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlWBCdHnspI

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:54 am

karaharapriya  from T Soundhar

http://inioru.com/?p=41006

செவ்வியல் இசையின் நீண்ட தூர சொந்தக்காரியான நாட்டுப்புற இசையில் தரப்பட்டுள்ள பாடல்.செவ்வியல் தன்மை குறைத்து நாட்டுற வீச்சை காட்டும் பாடல்.நீண்ட ஆராய்ச்சிகள் செய்து காட்ட வேண்டிய விசயங்களை எல்லாம் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா மிக எளிமையாக எல்லோரும் புரியும் படி செய்த மௌனப் புரட்சியின் அசைக்க முடியாத இசைக்கோலங்களில் இந்தப் பாடலும் ஒன்று. இது வெறும் புகழ்ச்சி அல்ல.

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Bass Guitarist Sashi.. share his experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iChuubqj9P4

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:00 pm

மூணு ப்ரதேழ்ஸ்

VM wrote:
திமிர் பிடித்தவனா இந்த வைரமுத்து? என்னை விட எளிமையானவன் உண்டா? தன்னம்பிக்கைக்கு பெயர் திமிர் என வைப்பதா? புதிய வார்ப்புகள் பார்த்து மிரண்டேன். பாரதிராஜாவை பார்த்து ஒன்று சொன்னேன். 'உங்கள் படத்தில் எல்லாம் மாறி இருக்கிறது. திரைப்பாட்டு மொழியை தவிர. எனக்கு வாய்ப்பு கொடுத்தால் அதை மாற்றிக்காட்டுவேன்'  என்றேன்.

உடனே என்னை அழைத்தார். இளையராஜாவிடம் அறிமுகப்படுத்தினார். என்ன இவன் பாட்டு எழுதுவானா? என இளையராஜா கேட்டபோது, 'பாப்போம்டா.. இருடா' என உரிமையோடு பேசினார். அந்த வாடா, போடா உரிமையை வேலையிலும் பயன்படுத்துவதுதான் தப்பு. அறையில் பயன்படுத்துவது அன்பு. வேலையில் பயன்படுத்துவது வம்பு.
<BR-VM saNdai>
பாரதிராஜா, வைரமுத்து, இளையராஜா என்பவர்கள் வேறு வேறு தாய் பெற்ற 3 சகோதரர்கள்.

rotfl

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:26 pm

In no position to pick sides from this gumbal. But good to see BR's pretense on thannambikkai and thimir in art blown away by VM of all people. BR ku VM pOdhum. But idhE VM IR yArOda vEla seyyaNum'nu advise seivAr. adhu vEra vishayam and he exposes his self righteousness there. But BR'ku idhu perfect Razz
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:51 pm

Look at further comedy on this

பாரதிராஜா மிக உரிமையோடு வைரமுத்துவை ‘அவன்’, ‘இவன்’ என்றும் ‘வாடா’ ‘போடா’ என்றும் மைக்கில் பேசிவிட்டார்.

இதைத் தொடர்ந்து பேசிய வைரமுத்து பாரதிராஜா, இளையராஜாவையே ‘வாடா’, ‘போடா’ என்று உரிமையோடு பேசுபவர் என்றாலும், மேடைகளில் அப்படியே பேசுவதும், அழைப்பதும் தவறு என்று கண்டித்திருக்கிறார்.

உடனேயே அப்போதே எழுந்து வந்து மைக்கை பிடித்த பாரதிராஜா, “இவர் அளவுக்கு தமிழெல்லாம் எனக்குத் தெரியாது.. நான் ஒரு பாமரன்.. எனக்குத் தெரிஞ்சதை.. மனசுல பட்டதை சொன்னேன். அவ்வளவுதான்..” என்று சொல்லிவிட்டு மேடையில் இருந்து இறங்கி வெளியேறிவிட்டாராம்..!
பாரதிராஜாவின் திடீர் கோபத்துக்குக் காரணம்.. வைரமுத்து தேவையில்லாமல் இளையராஜாவை இதில் இழுத்துவிட்டதுதானாம்..

ஏற்கெனவே ‘அன்னக்கொடி’ படத்தின் இசை வெளியீட்டு விழாவில் “நான், நீ, வைரமுத்து மூவரும் மீண்டும் இணைய வேண்டும்.. அந்தக் காலத்தை திரும்பத் தொடங்க வேண்டும்…” என்று பேசினார் பாரதிராஜா

இதற்கடுத்து சில நாட்களில் ‘குமுத’த்தில் தான் எழுதிய கேள்வி பதிலில் இதற்கு பதிலளித்த இளையராஜா, “இதை மேடையில் இல்லாமல், நேரில் சொல்லியிருந்தால் நான் என்ன பதில் சொல்லியிருப்பேன் என்பது பாரதிராஜாவுக்கே தெரியும்..” என்று சொல்லி பாரதிராஜாவை கடுமையாகத் தாக்கியிருந்தார்.

இதற்குப் பின்பு இப்போதுவரையிலும் இளையராஜா பாரதிராஜாவிடம் பேசுவதே இல்லையாம்.. இந்த நிலைமையில் இதுவும் சேர்ந்தால் உண்மையாகவே வைரமுத்து லிஸ்ட்டில் தன்னையும் இளையராஜா சேர்த்துவிடுவார் என்று பயந்தே பாரதிராஜா திடீர் வெளிநடப்பு செய்திருப்பதாக பத்திரிகை வட்டாரங்கள் தெரிவிக்கின்றன..!

Comedy - is BR really concerned about getting "blacklisted" by IR?
Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next