Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

+32
groucho070
Punnaimaran
Shank
mayilSK
Bala (Karthik)
vicks
kv
Sakalakala Vallavar
sagi
rajkumarc
writeface
kamalaakarsh
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
D22_Malar
Balu
mythila
baroque
rajaclan
ravinat
Raaga_Suresh
irir123
irfan123
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
Wizzy
kiru
crimson king
V_S
fring151
Usha
plum
app_engine
36 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 pm

It is reported that BR's next movie will have rAsA's son (not KR, YSR the "underdog" and the rebel) as music director Smile

nallA irukkattum!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 2

Post  Usha Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:33 am

IR's Speech at Rich India...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kplopWz--_c

IR's words.......... Ellam porul ulladhu...  

About IR... oru  chinna meeting.. IR Fan yerpadu seidhadhu... andha nigazhchiyil.. oruvar pesinar.. Avar oru Siva sidhandham
paditha Ilainyar...... Kalashetra Student............. Humble... ivar kite kathukanam..  Unmaiyana Humble..   ipadi solla 
vendum  inimel.....

IR patri avar sonna vidham.....   periya vishayam.. simple aga solli vittar.

avar sonnadhu.........

"IR in isai.........  Unmaiyana ondru..... avar idhayathil irundhu varugiradhu..... Avaruku...  indha ulagam.. idhil
irundhu kondu.. mel ulla Nyana ulagam.. adhaiyum unargirar.. indha piravi apadi pattadhu..  andha nyanathai..
pipe vazhiyaga irakuvadhu pola.. than moolamaga isaiyaga tharugirar....  thani oruvaraga....... adhanal
niraiya kashtam. udal reethiyaga.. manam reethiyaga niraiya kashta padugirar...... adhu oru periya velai.......
paatakaga vandhadhum..  relax agirar...

andha nilaiyil..  sila samayangalil.. avaridam pesinal.. avar sollum vaarthaigal.. avar unarndhu soladhu ilai....
sadharana manidhanga irukavilali.. idhai yarum purindhu kolla mudiyavilali....

Unmaiyil.. isai.. idhai matum seivadhu avarudaiya asai ilai... adhaiyum meeri. isai avaridam varugiradhu. avar seigirar. idhai dhan avar solgirar."

inum niraiya sonnar. ipodhu en nyabagathil irundhadhu ivvalave........

indha youtube il IR in vaarthaigal.......  romba azhanga onnu... garvamaga sollavillai. Nambikaiyodu solgirar.. andha
arthathil dhan.. than vandhadhai seidhadhai solgirar..

Rich.. Manasu...... s. Manasu iruka unaku...............  ( IR indru solgirar. naan epodhum solven.. Manasum.. Feelingsum
irukaravanga dhan IR isaiyai rasika mudiyum... adhilum kashta padum podhu. )

Neengalum Nanum orae alai varisaiyil.. ullom.. vazhndhu kondu irukirom endru marandhu vidadheergal.......
GEM..........

oru lady.. avanga azhudhadhu.... amma affection.. paatu. IR........... idhai kaetadhum.. enaku azhugai. en amma irandhu
en sogam...... endru.

ARunlandham.. avarai patri..  avarukaga sonna varthai... Affection and humble........ Garvamaga ilai.....

thannai patri.. naan oruvanaga.. idhai sonnadhu kuda.. nam Fans solli than thannai patri therindhu kolgirar. idhai
ipodhu dhan Reflect seigirar. indha nimisham.. ivarai oru innocent Child pola than feel seidhen.....

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:52 pm

12th grader, so certified youththu

எங்கள் சாய்ஸ் - ஷ்யாம்’ஸ் 5
# இசை ஆல்பம்
இளையராஜா இசையில் யேசுதாஸ் பாடிய பாடல்கள்

I guess, to this end, the SS kind of programs do some kind of social service. (Especially the junior ones with KSC sitting as the judge, proclaiming "I'll comply if rAjA sir asks me to die now"...One funny thing happened the other day when I was scanning google news with my 8 year old by my side...there was a JJ pic & the child asked "Is that ChithrAmmA?" Laughing )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:51 pm

https://twitter.com/Karthick_Rishi

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:25 pm

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/kamal-haasan-recalls-his-association-with-ilaiyaraja/article6360293.ece

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:44 pm

Usha wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/kamal-haasan-recalls-his-association-with-ilaiyaraja/article6360293.ece

This series is supposedly about Kamal's indulgences in classical arts OTHER THAN his movie skills.

And, BRangan has to dedicate a whole week's article on rAsA.

Wink Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:49 pm

BRangan wrote:
Kamal said that he considered Ilayaraja one of his gurus. “As with acting, there can be posturing in singing. He doesn’t like that. He’ll say, ‘Do what suits your voice. Don’t try to sing like others.’ Above all, he taught me how to sing with abandon. ‘Just relax,’ he’ll say. He taught me how to relax over the about 50 recordings I’ve done for him.” Kamal Haasan pointed to Sanyasa mantram in ‘Hey Ram’ where his voice is, as he put it, held back.

“It’s not about performing to an audience,” he said. “It’s a very personal thing.” Because of the camaraderie and the casualness with which these lessons were imparted, he didn’t realise then that they were lessons. “And that was a lesson as well,” he said, “the way it was taught in a very pedestrian manner, without major technical terms, very simply.”

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:52 pm

app_engine wrote:
BRangan wrote:
Kamal said
“It’s not about performing to an audience,” he said. “It’s a very personal thing.” Because of the camaraderie and the casualness with which these lessons were imparted, he didn’t realise then that they were lessons. “And that was a lesson as well,” he said, “the way it was taught in a very pedestrian manner, without major technical terms, very simply.”

adhu dhan IR... purindhu kondal.. Avarudiaya Greatness ai unara mudiyum....

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:09 pm

aah damn it. Was to share here. You guys mundhikiteenga. When BR has a weak-knee moment at learning Ninaivo Oru Paravai and Panneer Pushpangale are same day based at how casually classics like these were thrown about like it's no big deal. THAT. Is what I expect from our writers while talking of Raaja. We know it. But when we say it, it's preaching to the choir. When a neutrally well established mega brand like Rangan says it, adhOda weight'e thani dhaan Smile
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:42 am

Interesting that he said Ilayaraja would tell him to just relax while singing.  Some of the newer singers have claimed to feel tight while singing for IR.  They didn't blame him for that, just said they revered and feared him too much.  So it's really about their own mindset rather than IR being overbearing all the time. Should be food for thought for the neetrals.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  vicks Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:12 pm

ithu vera vaayi (watch from 8 mins):

ithu naara vaayi :

Yen intha Sathyaraj/SJS ku intha kevalamaana pozhappu nu purila  Mad

vicks

Back to top Go down

Post  SenthilVinu Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:07 am

“It’s not about performing to an audience,” he said. “It’s a very personal thing.” 

This is profound and hard to follow in any artistic creation. And only another artist like Kamal can grasp such ideas/lessons, connect singing and acting seamlessly. 

SenthilVinu

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:21 am

vicks wrote:ithu vera vaayi (watch from 8 mins):

ithu naara vaayi :

Yen intha Sathyaraj/SJS ku intha kevalamaana pozhappu nu purila  Mad

Best is not to react to this farce in a farcical way like the IlaiyaraajaFans handle did on twitter. kaal ana prayojanam illAdha matter. Makers want such outrage to drive publicity. Best not to give them that.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  vicks Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:23 pm

DM, ha ha ippo thaan saw @IRFans 'harassing' Sibi.. That is 'thanniya kudi thanniya kudi' only.. 

But forum la wanted to post it as it is 'definitely' IR related news (Sathyaraj writing notations on a score sheet that has a watermark of his face, 'pazhasu aayiten', the studio looks like Prasad, maybe it is Prasad itself Sad ) 

I don't care if the movie runs or flops, what is more important is that the anti-IR lobby in the press & TFI seems to be still growing/evolving- so in addition to known VM/ARR/MR/BR/KB et al, this now includes the folks running Behindwoods,  SJS and Sathyaraj (which was a surprise for me given his speech in CNC audio launch) - oru aala (maratha Smile ) saaikka ethana pEr ethana varushama try panraanga !

vicks

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:26 pm

vicks wrote:DM, ha ha ippo thaan saw @IRFans 'harassing' Sibi.. That is 'thanniya kudi thanniya kudi' only.. 

But forum la wanted to post it as it is 'definitely' IR related news (Sathyaraj writing notations on a score sheet that has a watermark of his face, 'pazhasu aayiten', the studio looks like Prasad, maybe it is Prasad itself Sad ) 

I don't care if the movie runs or flops, what is more important is that the anti-IR lobby in the press & TFI seems to be still growing/evolving- so in addition to known VM/ARR/MR/BR/KB et al, this now includes the folks running Behindwoods,  SJS and Sathyaraj (which was a surprise for me given his speech in CNC audio launch) - oru aala (maratha Smile ) saaikka ethana pEr ethana varushama try panraanga !

avan eppidi eduthA enna? Trailer pAthAlE therilayA? Padam flopbuster. Sensation can't save bad filmmaking as SJS will learn. Or will he, going by his track record from Kushi?
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  vicks Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:

avan eppidi eduthA enna? Trailer pAthAlE therilayA? Padam flopbuster. Sensation can't save bad filmmaking as SJS will learn. Or will he, going by his track record from Kushi?

1. Our (IR fans) expectations are low after watching the trailer, but going by the views/likes, most people seem 'excited' for the movie..

2. Padam flop nu laam lets not declare, we never know (I didn't like New but it was a superhit, I though AhAah was a pretty funny movie but was a flop), the TN audience that lapped up 'IR is dictator, others are humble' story over the last 20-25 years, may, for all we know, make this a hit!

3. As I said earlier, I am more intrigued/interested in the fact that such a movie could even be conceived and made, and there are actors like Sathyaraj, whose careers hugely benefited from direct (movies where he was hero/villain)  or indirect (friendship with R. Sundarrajan, Manivannan who were 'introduced' by IR) association with IR, willing to portray the 'villain' role in this movie.
 ie; I am more interested in what people are 'willing' to do (to perpetuate the  'IR is dictator' myth) rather than 'how' they do it (might/might  not be mokka/flop - SJS is ARR, SJS is the music director laam namakku comedy ah irukku, but lets see if people trash it as well)

4. Given that Behindwoods and Sun Networks (from the youtube video rights) is behind this movie, I can only conclude that the anti-IR lobby is still alive and kicking, long after the man has lost the market dominance and is likely in his last few active years of composing - essentially innum yen ya ivara thoratharenga, athaan eppovo 'veezhthi' aachula. Ithula SJS ARR kitta story sonna po he encouraged SJS to 'compose' the music as well it seems (dai!)

-------

https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/viewtopic.forum?t=209

vicks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40