Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raja's New Albums

+49
Kr
BC
app_engine
crimson king
raagakann
ank
ravinat
counterpoint
kamalaakarsh
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
Manoj Raj
AbhiMusiq
raghuCA
Sakalakala Vallavar
Usha
panniapurathar
irfan123
sheepChase
suresh2
rajaclan
Shank
vicks
baroque
MH
Balu
Drunkenmunk
irir123
crvenky
Punnaimaran
writeface
mythila
Sanjeevi
rajkumarc
isaifan
fring151
jaiganesh
layman10
kiru
MumbaiRamki
sagi
skr
SenthilVinu
Bala (Karthik)
kameshratnam
Wizzy
kv
plum
V_S
Raaga_Suresh
53 posters

Page 9 of 43 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26 ... 43  Next

Go down

Raja's New Albums - Page 9 Empty Re: Raja's New Albums

Post  app_engine Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Welcome to the forum, crvenky!

Hope you enjoy your time here Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:09 pm

mythila wrote:
But the shrieky, loud lady voice that joins Karthik is givin me a head ache Sad
Wait till you listen to puththampudhukkaalai in her voice. Coming soon :-)

Good portions of En Poo Nenjai (Don't like the shallow synth beats) and En Devadhai (Don't like the 2nd interlude) > Nilachoru Album.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  kv Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:27 pm

Lotta detailed reviews on NC & NT, thanks! Reading through 'em all, onnonnA.

Here are my initial thoughts on NT: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rkidaj

(been listening to ooh la la quite a lot since last week, only for the bass work - whattE brilliance! Raja's New Albums - Page 9 1065147233)
kv
kv

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:28 am

vaangO sir. adikkadi vanthaa nallaarukkum Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:44 pm

'kAlaiyila mAlai vandhadhu' in repeat mode in the car Smile

Regardless of her issues with stress / bhAvam / language etc, SaptabarnA's voice is honey sweet!

And, treating her voice as another "new instrument", with some lovely veeNai / nAdhaswaram / gatam(like) / thavil(like) arrangements, the song is terrific!

The interludes are melodies themselves and one tends to "sing" them, as in those olden days - which is a rarity nowadays (NEPV obvious exception) Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:25 pm

app_engine wrote:
Regardless of her issues with stress / bhAvam / language etc, SaptabarnA's voice is honey sweet!
And, treating her voice as another "new instrument", with some lovely veeNai / nAdhaswaram / gatam(like) / thavil(like) arrangements, the song is terrific!
Second this. This is becoming my favorite song in CNC - the arrangements, the way the tune flows, the song is full of surprise elements all the way till the end, an exceptional song from the Maestro cheers

Been soaking in Naadi Thudikkuthadi for last 2 days. En Devathai, En Poo Nenjai, Veli Naattu are getting highly addictive. They are outstanding melodies with novel arrangements. You got to listen to these is a good quality sound system to appreciate the arrangements - bass work, percussion, strings all sound fantastic. There are some synth misgivings, but negligible compared with the overall musical quality. Waiting to get my hands on the actual audio CD.

Been warming up to You and I young forever and Kadhale Illadha as well, there is something in them which doesn't let me dismiss those as failed attempts. The percussion in the first one and some guitar/strings work in the second sounded really good. I'm going to listen to NT more than CNC as it's more intriguing as IR seems to have lot more fun in this.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  writeface Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:24 am

Rajkumarc: +1 on your view about NT. It's an addictive and interesting album.

Gokul.

writeface

Back to top Go down

Post  irir123 Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:20 pm

crvenky wrote:Maestro's song video from Nadi Thudikkuthadi:

See thalaivar with his stylish cooling class Smile)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBw7xia0Oug&feature=player_embedded

embarrassing - to say the least !

IR in white veshti and shirt - surrounded by montages of girls dancing - EKSI - I dont have much hope for this film in terms of quality from an aesthetics point of view.

IR might be having fun appearing in front of the camera - aanaa konjam kooda rasanaiyey illaama shots compose senju shoot pannirukkaanga - thevaiyey illa
irir123
irir123

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:34 pm

No songs in wolf and lamb movie

BTW, there's a funny introductory remark in this article :

தமிழில் கதைகள் இல்லாத படங்கள் வருடம்தோறும் இரண்டு டஜன்களாவது வெளியாகும்.

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:12 pm

Glowing review by Akarsh for CNC

Kamal Akarsh wrote:

I rate Chithirayil Nila Choru among one of (Ilaiyaraaja's and even in general) best albums in recent times. All the songs are melodious, with gorgeous arrangements. Ilaiyaraaja touches that wonderful sweet spot between acoustic and synth arrangements in a way that not every Ilaiyaraaja album manages to. The songs have some modern arrangements, classy tunes and elaborate musical pieces - all of which reiterating that there is still so much of beautiful music that Ilaiyaraaja's ocean of talent is capable of.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:26 pm

you are very fast app_engine :-)

Yes, I loved CNC a lot... so much that i find NT at the other end of the spectrum (the brilliant en Devadai is the only one for me there). I think Raaja fans will not like my review of NT :-) For now, thanks for sharing my review of CNC. a lovely album, it is.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  kameshratnam Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:29 pm

MEGHA - AUDIO CD PRE-ORDER DETAILS

This is to make the AUDIO CD OF MEGHA AVAILABLE ACROSS THE WORLD to everyone on the date of release. Please enter your details and if the pre orders are more we will submit the data and have the cd released asap. This is a non commercial effort.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OTCqouu4K_KIYKXTRwZSFNQfBcoqVN-tSHiE6luIAhk/viewform

It will be available in itunes - world wide ; amazon and many other sites

kameshratnam

http://soundcloud.com/kameshratnam

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:52 am

kaalayilE maalai vanthathu - This is the song I finally warmed up to, but I saved for the best. I may end up listening to it endlessly for the rest of my life. This is a very special song. Initially I was put off for some minor reasons which we will come to it later, but there is much more than meets the eye in this composition. If I'd overlooked them, I would have not been at peace. When I was listening for first few times, as always my crude ears went on to nitpick, but I have to stop him doing that to explore more to bring out the joy in it. The song's soul is veena and nadhaswaram. Sound of veena was little sharp to my taste but ultimately I grew over it. I loved one interesting aspect in pallavi and anu-pallavi. I am not sure this is the first time. Once Saptaparna sings the pallavi for the first time with only veena and no percussion, the normal tendency is to repeat the same pallavi with the percussion and then move onto anu-pallavi. Maestro threw a big surprise by directly moving onto anu-pallavi (with percussion) without repeating the pallavi. இந்த வானமும் பூமியும் வாழ்த்து சொல்ல is Maestro's trademark convincing, complete, authoritative ending which no one else can replicate.

Bass lines even if it's synth is just terrific. Bass lines are heard clearly and move along nicely and independently with the tune. Nice groovy rhythm arrangements. I am not sure if you have heard this way, but the first thing which shook me off in this composition is the rhythm arrangements even more than the arrangements in ungappan pEra solli solli. It sounds like a standard 4/4 time signature and a straight-forward beat pattern, there is one unique 'clap' sound which occurs evenly. You can hear the clap sound clearly during the first interlude along with veena. I love this interlude. Here's why.

What I felt was, right from the anu-pallavi take off till the end of first interlude there is a larger scope to RAP. Just try putting a rap rhyme for this rhythm and it will perfectly fit like a 'T'. I can dare say, if it would have been any other music director, they would have surely introduced the rap rhymes for this rhythm pattern in this space to give the added pep and just to steal the attention (thereby spoiling the song), but Maestro cleverly avoided and he just gives us that feel implicitly without putting any horrible lyrics and bringing some horrible singer. He never hits you with that genre on your face. You have to go for it. That's the difference between a master composer and others. Did you ever feel this portion like that? If there is one genre I hate, that is RAP, but even there, when Maestro treats it differently, you cannot ignore or escape. That's the quality of mother. She knows how to give a bitter medicine and still we like it. As they say, rap is something you do, but hip hop is something you live. Rap is a genre, but hip hop is not, it is a sub culture. Rap can be negative and violent, but hip hop has happy attitude. He covers the negativity surrounding around RAP by playing the divine veena and positive lyrics and converting into a hip hop. The beat pattern following the veena will clearly establish the rap flavor in the song. He does all this on top of one of the most pleasing raagam, aabhEri. From the first lines I thought it was reetigowlai.

The way charanam melody is constructed proves yet another time why Maestro is the God of melody. He rushes the initial words; 'கண்களை நான்' and releases the rest of the words gradually one by one. By the time she sings என்ன அழகு we can feel the tension relieved. Beautiful, beautiful. Then in the third line she goes so high and extended, but it is more relaxed than the first two lines, then he comes back rushing for the remaining lines to land off in style; உனது இரு விழிகளில்  கதை எழுது. Nadhaswaram brings that aabhEri essence so well. I have never heard such a piece in Nadhaswaram in a long time. It takes the melody quotient to the highest possible pedestal that no one can reach. First time when I was just dissolving in this piece, it ended so soon. After a few seconds he brings it back again to a big surprise. I never imagined he would play that again. He reads our mind. Added to that, guitar and choir which bridges both these piece is a bonus. Another surprise he gave was, even Nadhaswaram was still playing Saptaparna started singing second charanam, that was a real googly. Who would have expected that?

Coming to some hiccups which could have been avoided. First I felt some words are over pronounced, I felt it could have caused some pain to those words. Especially the word வேளை, that word suffered a lot at the hands of the singer. Other words like வந்தேன், விட்டேன் et al, she pronounces almost like a 'வந்தேஅஎஅஎன்', I hope you got it. She sings வேணும் as வேணம், காத்திருந்த as காத்திருந்து. Some words I could not hear clearly, not sure if this is lyrical ambiguity or singing ambiguity. In second charanam there is a line; விருந்து கலந்து விருப்பம் உனதாக. Not sure if it is விரைந்து or விருந்து, so unclear. Same way சிற்றிடையில் வீணை இருக்கு or வீணை எதுக்கு? These reasons took away some bhaavam. But I love when she sings that புல்லாங்குழலாய் மாறும் போது, she sang 'போது' brilliantly, but her voice becomes thin at higher octaves. But she is damn clear when she sings கணக்கு and உனக்கு, every time she got it right. Sorry about that, but I got over it. ;)She is way better than any other debut singers. She will get better and better. One big plus point is she got a beautiful voice and she is a better singer than any new comer. Lyrically I don't see much sync between successive lines, it is good and just sits on the tune beautifully, but otherwise it is not that great except for the starting lines and few lines in charanam.

This song is a total riot. Full of positive energy with bright melody. It is a shame to call it an innovation, it is an invention. When the song's sweetness lie in the melody construction, equal sweetness lie in the surprising (synth) orchestration, especially synth veena and real nadhaswaram. These two hold the melody beautifully like pillars, with the basement holding these two pillars strongly with stunning bass lines. The walls and roof are constructed by the indian classical idiom called Aabheri. The windows are wide open like a 'RAP' portion to let in the 'singing air' inside to lit the home with auspicious atmosphere. The home is thus named Maestro ILaiyaraaja and Maestro calls us inside fondly.

Last edited by V_S on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:06 pm

கலக்குறீங்க, V_Sji!

Enjoyed reading the write-up on 'kAlaiyila mAlai vandhadhu', a terrific song!

While 'kallAlE' female version is my top fav (for my own quirky reasons), all the four others are real close and it's really difficult to leave any song in this album Smile

That makes it a real winner album for me!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks App ji. Smile After settling down, it now becomes difficult to select the best song in the soundtrack. After a long time we got to hear more of indian semi-classical soundtrack in thamizh from Maestro after ULiyin Osai I think. Padiththurai might have given this soundtrack a tough time, but we will never see its light, thanks to Arya. All songs are very high in terms of melody, we can find some equivalents only in his Malayalam films. Many thanks to Dir. Sunderrajan for making this possible. Always the greedy mind never stops thinking. Imagining how it would be with real orchestration, some careful choice of lyrics and singers (at-least same singers corrected their mistakes), this could have been another kOyil Pura. I am also surprised there is absolutely no promos about this film or this soundtrack. No trailers, teasers, nothing at all. Expecting the songs reaches its deserved audience. Overall a soundtrack which all music fans can be proud of, as it retained the nativity, retained the classicism and most of all reinforced our belief once again on this powerful musician on planet earth.

Back to top Go down

Post  skr Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:29 pm

Finally got my copy of Naadi Thudikkudhadhi songs .. Pretty impressed with the recording quality.
Attaching the scans and the list of songs from the covers.

Raja's New Albums - Page 9 Nadi110
Raja's New Albums - Page 9 Nadi210

Naadi Thudikkuthadi : Released by Junglee Music 

1) You and I Young for ever ...
Singers : Anitha , Sathyan , Senthil , Sam , Bellyraj & Chorus
Lyrics : Na Muthukumar 

2) En Poo Nenje 
Singers : Rita & Chorus
Lyrics : Palani Bharathi 

3) Kaadhale Illadha 
Singers : Ilaiyaraaja & Chorus 

4) En Devadhai 
Singers : Karthik & Anitha
Lyrics : Na Muthukumar 

5) Vellinaatu Graamapurathil 
Singers : Haricharan & Swetha Mohan 

skr

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:46 am

My review of 'Nadi Thudikkudhu'

Nadi Thudikkudhu : A review
‘Chiththiraiyil Nilachoru’ was a major hit with Raja fans. It was instantly liked by even the severe critics. Hence there was lot of expectation around ‘Nadi Thudikkudhu’, whose release followed ‘Chitiraiyil Nilachoru’ by a few weeks time. The initial reaction from the Raja fans was mixed but steadily the ‘likeability quotient’ of the album increased and currently has gained a decent number of followers. (As usual, I am only referring to Raja fans here. I am not sure how the general public received both these albums or even if they received it at all!!!)
Let me start the review by looking at the two songs which have made most fans uncomfortable and then proceed to the songs whose acceptance has been better. 
‘You and I young forever’ : First, the words are pedestrian. No idea who wrote them but ‘You and I Young Forever OO LA LA’ isn’t really exciting nor does it make for a great beginning. Second, the voices from our land trying to imitate Caribbean voices. Third, the pallavi tune itself is fairly simple. All these combine to together makes you feel that this not a Raja song at all and that Raja is too trying hard to do something different.  
People can be forgiven if they think that way because Raja’s songs in this particular genre of his haven’t been very popular. Right from the beginning this is a Raja song, a type of song that he tunes when it involves youth. Unfortunately the youth haven’t taken to these songs and many of such songs are strewn across various film, except for a few devoted fans, unheard by most people. The predecessor to this song can go back to late 90s itself. I would ask you to listen to ‘thenjudipoove‘ from ‘Anuragakottaram’ or in the early 2000s, ‘thenni paayum thennale‘ from ‘Vinodayatra’ or more recently, ‘ilavayasu pasangale’ from ‘Madhiya Chennai’. This song of Raja follows a very similar pattern except that the beginning puts you off.
The Raja stamp is established after the initial congo beats, when the sax enters. The drumming and the bass are lovely but the put on accent can be a put off to many people. The interlude though is a joy and a typical Raja interlude with lot of fun and energy and the bass accompanying all along. The charanams make it clear that this is indeed a Raja song. In typical Raja style, the charanam starts oozing melody and it is much better in the second charanam when the female voice enters. The orchestration keeps the spirit up and the chorus is used very effectively with the congos (or bongos) providing a nice rhythm. As I said, such songs have not got great reception but I love what he has done in this song and his quite consistent with his musical style. 
‘kadhale illadha’ : This is another song most people didn’t like in the first listen. As in the earlier song I quoted, the initial ‘la la la’ and ‘oolaa’ may put off many people. The pallavi here too seems very straightforward and the very cliched words don’t help. The pallavi blends into a generic pop ‘love love love’. In essence, the pallavi may not draw you in but if you are patient enough you will discover how wonderfully this pallavi blends when he comes back to it from the charanam. 
The idea of the song is to create an ideal world where love dominates. A world of peace, a world filled with nice people, a world where love is everywhere. Sounds corny I know but that is what seems to be the idea of the song. Raja, in his usual style, ensures this doesn’t become mushy and yet gives you a feeling of peace. For this, in the charanam, he enters ‘Dhoni’ territory. You can hear the same peaceful emotion that you heard in ‘taavi taavi’ here as well. He doesn’t have those sweeping violins with him now but the tune itself is enough to bring about a clam feeling. He doesn’t prepare you for that since the first interlude involving the guitars is quite energetic. By the time he gets to the third line of the charanam, ‘nooru nilavugal thonriye’ with the bass keeping him great company your stress starts vanishing and when he says ‘thayin karuvarai nizhalai pol amaidhi tharuvadhu kadale’ you are ready to replace ‘amaidhi tharuvadhu kadhale’ to ‘amadhi tharuvadhu’ un paadale’ It is almost as if the charanam were a different song altogether but that feeling vanishes when he joins the pallavi. If you can get over the initial pallavi, a song which you will loop !!!
‘en poo nenje’: The interlude starts quite sedately with a rhythm loop and the keyboard playing some soft passages and the chorus joining in. The rhythm totally changes after this and this rhythm loop follows the song throughout. The pallavi in this song is melodious and the first interlude keeps up the melody, with some brief and lovely keyboard passages alternating with the chorus. 
The charanam is typical Raja,, the melody quotient increasing as the song progresses and then wonderfully blending with the pallavi with a beautiful descent. The second interlude is with the chorus singing and then the keyboard passage creating a very sedate effect. The third line of the charanam onwards the melody picks up and then the preparation for joining the pallavi. All these done while ensuring the melody level keeps increasing.
Raja has been doing such rhythm oriented female solos in recent times. You can try hearing this beauty from ‘Gayam-2′ or this one from ‘Gundello Godari’ for comparison. (‘en poo nenje’ is probably more melodic of the three. The common factor here being the structures of these songs and the rhythm loops used.)
‘en devadhai’: The guitar strumming which starts the song captured everyone’s imagination immediately. This was the song approved by all Raja fans in their first listen itself. The guitar playing accompanied by the gyro(?) provide a great platform for Karthik to start. And what a start it is. With the accordian like sound and flute providing it company, the tune immediately enters your heart. The pallavi ends superbly with ‘nee dhaan aval, nee dhan aval’. 
The first interlude is a delight, with the violins slowly building up to a crescendo from where the charanam takes off. The way that Raja orchestrates the charanam to keep the infectious joy alive is a masterclass. The accordian initially and then the violin which accompany at ‘vaanathil thodu vaanathil’ seem to urge the singer to go faster. And when the female enters, the joy bursts forth. The tune is amazing at this point and sort of takes the song to an even higher level, if it is possible. 
The second interlude is a bit of a surprise because violins play the same phrase multiple time in different scales, not a Raja style but I guess it must have something to do with the song situation. The second charanam is started by the female singer while Karthik enters later. By the time they get back to pallavi we are completely enthralled. Outstanding song.
‘veli naatu grama purathil’: The start reminds me of the lovely ‘kaiyetha kombathu’ from ‘Vinoda Yatra’. The aim of this song too is to create that peaceful and harmonious world which lovers inhabit. The orchestration of the interlude suggests that there is something happening in the real world which may shatter the world of lovers. The blaring trumpets and the soaring violins give us this feeling. We will know what this actually is all about when the movie releases.
The piano work in the start is a joy and the flute which trills leads naturally to the pallavi. The bass follows the singers initially, providing the depth. After a while the violins join in a fascinating manner. They play as if to complete the idea of the singer. When the singer goes ‘pagal velicham’, they take that phrase and quickly play a variation of it. Throughout the song this happens. The orchestra sometimes supports the singing and sometimes is in a hurry to teach the singer new things.
As I said, the first interlude is filled with horns and drum beats building to a climax. Definitely something to do with the on screen picturization. After the climax of the horns, a piano gets back the soft mood of the song. I have said this multiple times earlier but let me say it again. There may be many who can tune a catch pallavi but no one can carve out a charanam in which the melodic keeps increasing steadily like Raja. He does this in so many songs and this song is no exception. The charanam also contains his trademark twists and turns, with the first two lines being harmonised by the piano and the violins wonderfully, then the rhythm joins in for the next line and then the violins come again to complete the idea!! What a variety. And added to all these is the bass which sincerely follows throughout. The second interlude is similar to the first in its intention. Overall, the best orchestrated song of the album.
Overall, a top class album from my perspective though I can understand why certain songs didn’t impress people. There has been a debate on whether this is the better album or ‘Nilachoru’. Well, it is a tough match but if a push comes to a shove I may select this.

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:16 pm

vaanga saar, naan +1 poattukkaren.
This is one fantastic album - the difference in quality of the raaga online streaming and the mp3s i bought from amazon is huge.
En poo vaasams trippy trippy beat structure is so intoxicating and en dhevadhai puts you on top of the furriest cloud. kadhale illaadha desam is peppy and rocking, faux caribbean you and i young is the only OK number. VeLi naattu is in a different stratosphere of a different planet.. CNC is jujubee compared to this - HST CNC is emotionally mellowed and more in tune with mallu albums of raaja of late.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:25 pm

nanRi Sureshji, for the detailed review of nAdi...I'm yet to listen even one time and your review has encouraged me to search around for this Smile

BTW, interesting to note your observation :

If you can get over the initial pallavi

Laughing

Unfortunately, that is the first part heard by listeners and such turn-offs are dangerous with this generation (that has very limited attention span) :(I have seen youngsters who keep pressing "skip" button frequently for even the songs they love, chose to record etc, after only a few seconds Embarassed

ADD / ADHD seems to be applicable to most modern youththu Laughing

Unfortunately again, even with HCIRFs who had been spoilt with 1000's of treats over the years, such dampeners could push them to switch to ones that are more comfortable...

For e.g. I was listening to 'mayilu' songs and for one energetic song, the 'kalyANamAm kalyANam' first line is a big turn-off Sad

Overall, it's such a great song - especially the anu-pallavi starting as 'vAdippatt' is so catchy - I wonder why rAsA (or the director) couldn't have chosen to start with that vAdippatti phrase and come back to kalyANamAm kalyANam a little later...that would have made it instantly catchy!

ennamO pOnga...

Last edited by app_engine on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:30 pm

And, mikka nanRi Nerd, for recommending mayilu!

I love the kirukki araikkirukki song (despite the female's singing style which is not to my taste) and keep playing it in repeat Shocked Quite an addictive song!

And the end of the second saraNam (araLi chedi stuff) creates sweats in me each time Shocked (Reminds me of a neighbor girl who did that @Palakkad and we had to rush her to gov hospital late night with her mother crying etc, terrible experience - though she survived).

The 'yAththE' song - except the laugh-worthy singing by both - is fantastic as well! (The girl's mukkal-munagaL sounds like child abuse Laughing And the boy reminds me of 'bayilvAn Ranganathan' Laughing)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Jai,

I already know your views from twitter. So no surprise here Very Happy

app,

What you say is very true and a couple of us including Chokkan were discussing this once. I heard that the current MDs spend an enormous amount of time for getting a catchy pallavi and catchier lyrics. They have understood this generation well !!

Good to know you have caught up on Mayilu. As usual we did lot of 'koovi azhaippu' when it was released Very Happy BTW, if you haven't heard 'Thandavakone' you must hear it immediately. Especially 'kaatu vazhi' and 'neeral udal kazhuvi' Both are songs of the highest order.

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Superb review Suresh ji. the clap A very detail one that. Two big paragraphs detailing Oo La La and Kadhale ilaatha tells us the grasp you have on the song, undoubtedly non-skip worthy ones. You almost read my mind with your review. Temporarily paused listening to NT till I get my CD, even though purchased from iTunes.

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:12 pm

nEthu oruthar SS4'la kizhakku cheemayilE paththi romba alattindaar (one or two mediocre folk albums in 20 years), but not a single word on chinna maNikkuyilE (one contestant sang that song) and Maestro's folk works which serves as a complete TN folk music dictionary. That's the fate, we have to live with it. Over-hyping one (undeservingly) and on the other hand severely disgracing (again undeservingly) other. Felt very bad. Good that at-least L R Eeswari commented about the song. Leave alone all this, Mayilu can beat them in all corners, such a classic!.

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Appji, don't miss watching the mayilu songs on YouTube. And you must concentrate on the hero's earlobes Laughing

And yeah, kAttu vazhi thunbam illai is janani janani level (almost). At least mayilu managed to release but this film is still in the cans.

V_Sji, +1 about Srinivas. I posted about this in twitter yesterday.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  kameshratnam Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Nadi thudikkathadi Studio Recording by Raaja sir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zpZa-iXQvuE

kameshratnam

http://soundcloud.com/kameshratnam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content