Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed)

+20
D22_Malar
Sakalakala Vallavar
baroque
crimson king
rajkumarc
fring151
olichudar
Drunkenmunk
Punnaimaran
jaiganesh
Wizzy
sagi
kiru
al_gates
plum
V_S
sheepChase
Usha
app_engine
24 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed) - Page 6 Empty Re: Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed)

Post  plum Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:40 pm

"chinna poovu dhAnE kAmba thAngudhu"
AgA AgA, a VAM brrrr should have been added to that line Smile

plum

Back to top Go down

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed) - Page 6 Empty Re: Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed)

Post  app_engine Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:07 pm

#50 manidhA manidhA iniyun vizhigaL sivandhAl ulagam vidiyum (KJY / kaN sivandhAl maN sivakkum)

Song well-known for terrific orch by rAsA! The one minute long prelude sets the terrific tone of what's coming!

Recently Drunkenmunk posted about this song (and the movie) in his blog and opined that the movie was a well-made one. As a person who was in college when it came out, I can confirm that it came and went without anyone noticing it. Even my 'rAsA padaththai kaNNai moodikkittE pAkkalAm' fanatic hostelmate possibly didn't get a chance to watch this. (At the minimum, he didn't drag me to theater Laughing)

By the time I was in college, the "revolt" "rebel" (and other related commie) thingies weren't my cup of chAya and accordingly such literature, movies, songs never incited great thrill in me.

kaN sivandhAl maN sivakkum, fine! Agreed! After that?

History has proved time and again that in course of time there was soon again need for one more 'kaN sivakkal' Laughing Violence had never been known to bring even temporarily-lasting solutions. That way, while I do have the same anger against ALL kinds of injustice and ALL kinds of inhuman acts, I don't subscribe to the prescribed reaction.

That way, any movie / song cannot incite "yAraiyAvadhu pOy udhaikkaNum" feeling inside me - even though sheer instrumental music can create "blood-boiling" effect at times :)But then, that's about it, it typically leads to deep meditation of "why" "what is the purpose of life" "how long such atrocities"...

Despite such differences in principle, I cannot help but admire the way in which words are weaved in this poem. Like 2040 ( @vforvadi ) replied to my sAmaram post on 'pon mAlaippozhudhu' - சாமரம் வீசிய பாமர ஜாதிகள் சாதனை கண்டு விடும், there are some lovely phrases that are "nach nach" in this song Smile

Look at the lines:

மனிதா மனிதா இனி உன் விழிகள் சிவந்தால் உலகம் விடியும்
விழியில் வழியும் உதிரம் முழுதும் இனி உன் சரிதம் எழுதும்
அசையும் கொடிகள் உயரும் உயரும் நிலவின் முதுகை உரசும்

சில ஆறுகள் மாறுதடா வரலாறுகள் மீறுதடா
பசியால் பல ஏழைகள் சாவது என்பது தேசியமானதடா
இனி தேன் வரும் என்பதும் பால் வரும் என்பதும் ஜோசியமானதடா
அடி சாட்டைகளே இனித் தீர்வுகள் என்பது சூசகமானதடா

ஒளி வீசுக சூரியனே யுகம் மாறுது வாலிபனே
ஒரு தோல்வியிலாப் புது வேள்வியினால் இனி சோதனை தீர்ந்து விடும்
சில ஆயிரம் ஆயிரம் சூரிய தீபங்கள் பூமியில் தோன்றி விடும்
அட சாமரம் வீசிய பாமர ஜாதிகள் சாதனை கண்டு விடும்

Without question a peak in the VM career! Like I mentioned above, while I don't subscribe to the "solution" part, I definitely share very similar emotions / feelings on the existing conditions!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:20 pm

I have another 32 songs to cover in 1983 and by the end of that year, VM had 82 hits with rAsA music!

Tremendous record without question - but there had been 100's more during those years by IR with others in TFM & elsewhere. That has to be always kept in mind!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:45 am

appji,

Yes, saw the film as I was doing 3 songs from it. I would place this as a precursor of sorts to Anbe Sivam, which imo seems to be a watered down version of KSMS (not fair comparing and definitely stupid to say AS copied KSMS, but this film does have an artist hero, feudal villain, communist theme, a streetplay poking fun at the villain and all).

This song, like Bala (Karthik) mentioned on twitter, is not at all lyrical or poetic with words sitting on the tune with a flourish. But certainly Vairamuthu's peak. What lines! especially at "இனி தேன் வரும் என்பதும் பால் வரும் என்பதும் ஜோசியமானதடா
அடி சாட்டைகளே இனித் தீர்வுகள் என்பது சூசகமானதடா".

What a well played!

Btw, Plum and @sharankay mentioned 2 possible inspirations for the music of Manidha Manidha.

1. Salilda's fabulous Dheu uthche kara tutche (1946) for the India navy:

2. Ram Ganguli's Aag film's title score (1948): 
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:39 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:Btw, Plum and @sharankay mentioned 2 possible inspirations for the music of Manidha Manidha.

Inspired?
Yes, without question Smile Especially, the second youtube that you've posted!

Inspirational?
Not to me Embarassed
(But perhaps to many others)

Nevertheless, enjoyable Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:23 am

#51 nenjukkuL poo manjangaL nee itta nEram (sAttai illAdha pambaram, MV/SJ)

A simple romantic, filmy duet song for this KBR screen-played, Murugesh directed flop. All-CBE group making this movie that didn't click with the masses. IR as usual did his job of "exceeding the requirements" Smile

Look at the kari varigaL (isn't vairam a form of C?) - typical stuff, like "காதில் கள்ளூறும்" rotfl2

நெஞ்சுக்குள் பூ மஞ்சங்கள் நீ இட்ட நேரம்
கண்ணில் இட்டேனே (இட்டாளே) காதல் கட்டளை
கன்னம் எங்கெங்கும் ஆசை முத்திரை
நீ ஹீரோ ஹீரோ (ஸ்ரீ தேவி பேபி)

கோடை நிலவாகி விளையாடும் அழகே
காதல் உயிராகும் இனி நான் உன்னருகே
கையோடு பொன் மாலை எல்லாமே உன் லீலை
நாளும் உல்லாச ராகமிட்டு ஆடும் என்னோடு ஆசைச்சிட்டு
காதல் சங்கீதம் காதில் கள்ளூறும்

பாவை இரவோடு இனி நாளும் கனவே
தோளில் கிளை தேடும் கிளி நீதான் அழகே
எந்நாளும் சந்தோஷம் என் வாழ்வில் பொன் தீபம்
கோடி எண்ணங்கள் தூதுவிட்டு ஜாதிப்பூ அள்ளி மாலைகட்டு
மேலும் தொடாதே என் தோளில் விழாதே

Listening link (can't find youtube) :
http://download.tamiltunes.com/songs/__P_T_By_Movies/Saattai%20Illaatha%20Pambaram/Nenjukkul%20Poomanjangal%20-%20TamilWire.com.mp3

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:30 am

app_engine wrote:typical stuff, like "காதில் கள்ளூறும்" rotfl2

rotfl2 kAdhula eeyaththa kAchchi ooththa. Plum solrApla dhAn. "kadhal sangeetham kAdhil kaLLoorum". Random word play.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:39 am

Obviously, it was overambitiousness / trying to be different - the correct usage is 'காதில் கள் பாயும்' (madhu & honey are equivalent terms, kaL vadiyum pookkaL etc Wink)

But if he wrote that way, nobody will pay attention you see...even we won't talk about it now Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:46 am

#52 mArgazhippArvai pArkkavA (unreleased uyirE unakkAga, SPB-SJ)

Duly included in the SPB-IR series , this is one is such a soothing duet song from a never-released movie. Thanks to IOKS, the song had considerable air time and thus became known to the south-TNers Smile

VM often used that 'I saw sunshine on a cloudy day, when it's cold outside I got the month of May' thingy. While for west world it's sunshine, in the hot TN, it has to be mArgazhi know? ("neengaL ennaippArththAl kuLiradikkum, manadhukkuL EnO mazhaiyadikkum" had already been discussed before Smile There are some more and I'll keep recalling when such come across).

The simile 'thAmaraikkaigaL' is likewise lovely! Let's look at the pAdal varigaL:

மார்கழிப் பார்வை பார்க்கவா தாமரைக்கைகள் சேர்க்கவா
ஆசை ஆடை நான் தரவா தோகை நீயே மேகம் நானே

நெஞ்சில் ஆசை கங்கை பொங்கும் மங்கையின் அங்கம் என்றே தங்கும்
நீ தந்த ஆடை தீண்டும் அங்கம் நீ தொட்டதாக இன்பம் பொங்கும்
உள்ளங்கையில் தேனிருக்க என்ன சொல்லிக்காத்திருக்க
இளமை சுடுமோ இதழோரம் பரிமாறும் வரை தாளாது

தேனில் சோலை மூழ்கும் வேளை தேகம் சூழும் காதல் போதை
ஆதரவாக தோளில் சேர்த்து பூவிழி என்னும் வாசல் சாத்து
கையிரண்டில் அள்ளியெடு காமனுக்குச் சொல்லிவிடு
நழுவும் பழமே. உயிரோடு உயிர் சேரும் சுகம் ஆரம்பம்

Fortunately in this case, it is not the beetle that does the sinking in honey Laughing(and has to be rescued by mAdhu).

Here the garden itself drowns in honey, which is better Wink

Can listen to the song here !

BTW, don't get fooled by the picture on that page, which is from the L-P MD'ed UU Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:35 am

#53 udhaya kAlamE nanaindha mEgamE (panchami, PS)

Sweet lovely PS solo with nice guitar chords for the pallavi and very satisfying interludes Smile

There are also some lovely flute conversations / call & response sweetness here and there!

VM is in his home territory of "a happy person enjoying nature" (pon mAlaippozhudhu, poovil vaNdu, iLampaniththuLi vizhum, iLaiya nilA kind of song, sweetest voice added in this case).

Let us look at the varigaL:

உதய காலமே நனைந்த மேகமே
மொழியின் கதவு திறந்தது
விழியில் விடியல் புலர்ந்தது
அமுதம் பொழிந்து விளைந்த தமிழில் புலமை பிறந்தது

செம்பருத்தித்தோட்டம் பனியில் நீராடும்
தென்னை இளந்தோப்பு வெயிலில் குளிர் காயும்
கன்னிக்கனவு கண்ணில் உறங்கும்
ஈரக்கரை ஓரம் சாரல் விழும் நேரம் காதல் வந்ததால்
எழுந்து சிரித்துக் கொழுந்து விரிக்கும் இளைய பூச்செடி

பொன் விளையும் நேரம் பூக்களின் மாநாடு
மகரந்தச்சேற்றில் வண்டுகள் விளையாட்டு
எந்தன் விழிக்குள் உன்னைத்தேடு
இலைகளின் மீதும் கிளைகளின் மீதும் கொஞ்சும் தமிழால்
உனது பெயரும் எனது பெயரும் எழுதப்போகிறேன்

There's a no-video youtube :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJelrFMydGQ

The lyrics are sweet and pleasant, (of course மாநாடு & மகரந்தச்"சேற்றில்" are typical VM vakkiram but otherwise) well-suited to the melody & orchestration and PS gives the ornamentation!

Radio-only hit from this obscure movie that boasts of cinematography by the famed Balu Mahendra. (Not directed by him, though)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:22 pm

#54 vizhigaL meenO mozhikaL thEnO (rAgangaL mARuvathillai, SPB)

The "MGR song" nilavu oru peNNAgi of USV is full of uvamai uruvagams and its popularity in TN is legendary. Vaali beautifully explained the nilavu metaphor in that song. The next gen VM literally makes it next gen (நிலவின் மகளே நீ தானோ?) Laughing

There's this typical VM-coinage also : "காதல் தேவாரம்". Also, the foot worship with a similar reference is typical VM : "நாயகி பாதம் நாயகன் வேதம்" Wink

Let us look at the lines of this song that ealier got covered in the SPB-IR series :

விழிகள் மீனோ மொழிகள் தேனோ
நிலவின் மகளே நீ தானோ
பூக்களின் மேலே தேவதை போலே
நீந்தி வரும் முகிலோ

குழலில் மேகம் குடியிருந்தாலும்
விழியில் ஏதோ புதுவித தாகம்
பௌர்ணமிப் பார்வை பொழிகிறதே
மனம் தனில் இன்பம் வழிகிறதே
பெண்மையின் பாகம் தாமரையாகும்
இடையின் பாகம் நூலாகும்

அடடா கால்கள் அழகிய வாழை
நினைத்தால் மணக்கும் ரகசியச்சோலை
நகங்கள் யாவும் பிறை நிலவு
இவள் தான் இங்கே கலை நிலவு
நாயகி பாதம் நாயகன் வேதம்
நீயே காதல் தேவாரம்

Listen to the song here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPHVyRKWqzg

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:02 pm

#55 & #56 from malayoor mambattiyAn

The movie was a trendsetter those days - both namesake (many similar names followed) and otherwise (i.e. picking the story of a deified village warlord and make a film out of it)! The expressionless Thiyagarajan suddenly became a hero and was a lot busy those days, until people outright rejected his ventures afterwards! The movie's songs were big hits and VM was privileged to write the two numbers that got rendered timeless not just by rAsA music but also by his voice!

chinnappoNNu sEla seNbagappoo pOla (IR-SJ) & kAttu vazhi pORa poNNE kavalappadAdha (IR) are songs that can be relished even today, decades after they arrived and got played all around TN! VM definitely wrote quite appropriate lyrics for the title number (V_Sji had a beautiful write-up for this song in one of our threads) as well as the duet! Let's look at the lines :

சின்னப்பொண்ணு சேல  செண்பகப்பூப்போல
எங்கே மாராப்பு மயிலே நீ போ வேணாம் வீராப்பு
சின்னப்பொண்ணு சேல  செண்பகப்பூப்போல
கையே மாராப்பு அருகே நீ வா வேணாம் வீராப்பு

நீர் போகும் வழியோடு தான் போகும் என் சேலை
நீ போகும் வழியோடு வருவேனே பின்னாலே
வழி தெரியாத ஆறு இது இதை நம்பித்தானா ஓடுவது?
புதுவெள்ளம் சேரும் போது வழியென்ன பாதை என்ன?
காத்தாகி வீசும்போது திசையென்ன தேசம் என்ன?
மனச தாழ் போட்டு மயிலே நீ போ வேணாம் வெளையாட்டு

என் மேல நீ ஆச கொண்டாலும் தப்பில்ல
என்றாலும் குயிலுக்கு நின்றாடக் கொப்பில்ல
நீ தந்த தாலி முடிஞ்சு வச்சேன் ஒன்ன நம்பித்தானே ஒளிச்சு வச்சேன்
பொல்லாப்பு வேணாம் புள்ள பூச்சூடும் காலம் வல்ல
நான் தூங்கப்பாயும் இல்ல நீ வந்தா ஞாயம் இல்லை
வேணாம் கூப்பாடு அருகே நீ வா ரோசாப்பூச்சூடு

kattu vazhi pORa ponnE is the title song (BTW, this song can be added to the list of IR songs that have "repeat interludes" , i.e. if at all we call this thing an interlude) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTPcgl6V4BU

காட்டு வழி போற பொண்ணே கவலைப்படாதே
காட்டுப்புலி வழி மறிக்கும் கலங்கி நிக்காதே
(எங்க / அந்த) மம்பட்டியான் பேரு சொன்னாப்புலி ஒதுங்கும் பாரு

எட்டுத்தல வெட்டி வச்சான் சந்தையில கொட்டி வச்சான்
கொடுமையத்தட்டி வச்சான் வேறென்ன மிச்சம் வச்சான்
முள்ளு மேல தான் படுத்தான் ஏழைக்கெல்லாம் பூ விரிச்சான்
(அந்த) அத்திமலைப்பாறை இன்னும் பேசுதவன் பேரை

கண்ணாத்தா வாழ வந்தா மம்பட்டியான் கூட வந்தா
தாலிக்கவ ஆசைப்பட்டா துன்பத்துக்கு வாக்கப்பட்டா
சொர்க்கத்துக்குச் சேந்து வர உத்தரவு வாங்கிப்புட்டா
என்ன கதை ஆச்சு அவ இடுப்பொடிஞ்சா நாத்து

தங்கம் போல வர்ணமடி புள்ளிக்கோட்டை சொர்ணமடி
பத்துப்பேரப் பாத்தவடி பத்தினி தான் மத்தபடி
மம்பட்டியான் சாகையில தன்னுசுர விட்டவடி
மாதவியாப் பொறந்தா அவ கண்ணகியா இறந்தா

Story telling / character intro etc happening in the title song - quite neatly!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  olichudar Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:27 am

I fondly recollect vairamuthu's words, where mentions his liking to raaja's voice. in 2009 he used to do a program on Aaha FM named "Vairamuthu Neram". He anchors the show in his poetic voice and gives trivia about the songs and plays them. It was mix of raaja and rahman. In one of the episodes he mentions like this:

" இளையராஜாவின் குரல் ஒரு தனித்துவம் உடையது. எல்லா பாடலுக்கும் அது பொருந்தாது என்றாலும், வருகின்ற பாடலில் ஒரு கிராமத்து கடையில் அமர்ந்து, இளைஞன் ஒருவன் பாடுவதை கேட்பது போன்று சுகமானது!" 

கத கேளு கத கேளு....
olichudar
olichudar

http://www.spotpack.com

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:09 am

#57 pAda vandhadhO gAnam (iLamaikkAlangaL, KJY/PS)

One of my all-time-fav IR songs. I've made a string of posts on the PS thread a few months back in this very forum on this song Smile Please checkout the posts on this page and the following one.

I've posted the lyrics there and made a brief remark on VM :

பாடல் வரிகள் வைரமுத்து ஓரளவுக்கு நல்ல ஓட்டத்தில் இருந்ததை நிரூபிக்கின்றன!

He has a lot of trademark elements in the kAmam niRaindha pAttu (though the choice of singers made me never get that kind of feelings) Laughing

Look at these pallavi lines where VM not only inserts his favourite "கள்" word but also gets other bedroom stuff without any ambiguity:

கள்ளூறும் பொன்வேளை, தள்ளாடும் பெண் மாலை
இளமை வயலில் அமுத மழை விழ

He continues on in the saraNams too, samples below (no explanation needed) :
மூடி வைத்த பூந்தோப்பு, கங்கைக்கு ஏனிந்த தாகம், நதிகள் விரைந்தால் கடலும் வழி விடும்

However, there is this seasonal thingy that is lovely (I keep mentioning it) :
கண்ணில் குளிர் காலம், நெஞ்சில் வெயில் காலம்
the clap

It was during this period that IR & VM were buddy-buddy and VM lost no opportunity in inserting an "இளைய" word here or another "ராஜ" word there, regardless of whether it was appropriate. One such comedy in this song is "ராஜமாலை" - on a romantic situation, what kind of garland is that Laughing

Anyways, great song!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:50 pm

#58 eeramAna rOjAvE (KJY / "chorus" - I don't know why the girl's name is not there on the vinyl, sounds like BSS to me)

As made fun of many times before, the science lesson VM sir takes in this song is about flotation principle, Archimedes thaththuvam etc Laughing

"தண்ணீரில் மூழ்காது காற்றுள்ள பந்து"

Some rationalize it - stating that it's a simile, to the "love with stuff won't fail" thingy, but even if we agree to that as not-out-of-context, it's still extremely funny :)In any case, VM is a terrific combination of science teacher & Thamizh teacher (teaching பந்து & சிந்து rhyming principle along with மிதத்தல் விதி)!

Let's look at the whole song - which was a big hit at the time of arrival and still listenable :

(BTW, this song too suffers from the improper stereo distribution of percussion sounds, like pAda vandhadhO of this album. Avoid hearing on headphones)

ஈரமான ரோஜாவே என்னைப்பார்த்து மூடாதே
கண்ணில் என்ன சோகம் போதும் ஏங்காதே
என் அன்பே ஏங்காதே

என்னைப்பார்த்து ஒரு மேகம் ஜன்னல் சாத்தி விட்டுப்போகும்
உன் வாசலில் என்னைக் கோலம் இடு இல்லை என்றால் ஒரு சாபம் இடு
பொன்னாரமே
தண்ணீரில் மூழ்காது காற்றுள்ள பந்து என்னோடு நீ பாடிவா சிந்து

நேரம் கூடி வந்த வேளை நீ நெஞ்சை மூடி வைத்த கோழை
என் நெஞ்சிலே இனி ரத்தம் இல்லை கண்ணீருக்கே நான் தத்துப் பிள்ளை
என் காதலி
உன் போல என்னாசை தூங்காது ராணி தண்ணீரில் தள்ளாடுதே தோணி

The first line is definitely very catchy (and accordingly used by someone for a movie title).

The rest are so so, with the first saraNam ending providing the max laughter Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:09 pm

kudos to him for writing words to such a complex charanam. The way the charanam takes a detour(thanneeril moozhgaadhu onwards) from the way it began (ennaippaarthu oru maegham) - requires a supreme wordsmith to write to such a contour.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:48 pm

#59 isai mEdaiyil indha vELaiyil (SPB/SJ, iLamaikkAlangaL)

Easily among the best ever by IR!
(And that's a very tall order to say!)

I mean musically (lyrics so-so)!

Perhaps the IR song I've heard the max number of times ever (competition iLaya nilA)! Each time it raises goosebumps and can never stop with one listen (unless it was in a bus / radio and such occasions)! SPB-SJ both at their best and a lovely melody and fantastic, fantastic orch! (Fortunately, though this song is mono and ordinary recording, it does not suffer from the "only one ear percussion" that happened to my other fav of the album, pAda vandhadhO) Smile

இசை மேடையில் இந்த வேளையில் சுகராகம் பொழியும்
இளமை நெருக்கம் இருந்தும் தயக்கம்

முத்தம் தரும் ஈரம் பதிந்திருக்கும்
முல்லை இளம் பூவெடுத்து முகம் துடைக்கும்
நெஞ்சுக்குள்ளே தீயிருந்தும் மேனியெங்கும் பூவசந்தம்
கன்னிக்கரும்பு உன்னை எண்ணிச் சாறாகும்

கன்னி மகள் கூந்தல் கலைந்திருக்க
வந்து தொடும் உன் கைகள் வகிடெடுக்க
போதை கொண்டு பூ அழைக்க தேடிவந்து தேனெடுக்க
தங்கக்கொழுந்து தொட்டவுடன் பூவாக

VM shows his violent sense in "சாறாகும்" - fortunately SJ smoothens it such a way that such atrociousness does not hit you :)Also, another comedy in "தங்கக்கொழுந்து" business Laughing

The whole line is comedy, flower full of honey invites bee but all of a sudden it becomes "கொழுந்து" and once again transforms into flower - complete kuzhappam! Anyways, the rAsA grandeur and SPB-SJ magic ensures nobody pays attention to the hap hazard words thrown in!

I keep mentioning this air-conditioning (climate control in automotive terms) stuff by VM and it's beautiful in this song too : நெஞ்சுக்குள்ளே தீயிருந்தும் மேனியெங்கும் பூவசந்தம் applause 

I mentioned in tweeter how every version of this song I've ever come across has this decibel issue in the pallavi after 1st saraNam when SPB sings இளமை நெருக்கம் - sound engineer / EchO sodhappal and surprising that it escaped rAsA too!

Drunkenmunk has pointed out to me that a good version is really available:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GglqA2Ap_LM

That is the first time I hear this right I think! (The vinyl possibly had one of them wrong IMG, it's there on both sides as I could see from the vinyl cover)!

My post in the IR-SPB series definitely included this number Smile

Last edited by app_engine on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:10 pm

seriously app - dont u know the virgin sugarcane that becomes juice on seeing the girl's face - idhai vida non-violentaa solla midimaa?

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:14 pm

puriyala jai
Embarassed

I guess 'kannikkarumbu' is the girl...

VM's equivalent of "unnai ninaiththu mezhugu pOl uruginEn" = "karumbAi irundha nAn chARAippOnEn", that brings the "karumbu juice machine" in my mind Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:19 pm

check PM.. :-)

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:04 am

app saar,

It is possible that an error might have happened in the recording which might have made it to the film. And it is possible that IR might have corrected it and brought the same version (corrected) on the other side. Those might have made it to later videos is my guess. Rajsmed, as much a great job as he is doing, contacts copyright holders for the movie, procures films, takes whole movies and cuts out songs, upgrades sound and releases as videos. So there's every likelihood this audio mistake is there in the original film video and the video I shared might have been a future upgraded version (from the other audio side).
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Correct DM sArE!

Doctor's youtube must be quite authentic (undoctored) Smile

"dhrishti" for one of the best ever songs of TFM Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:19 am

#60 thalaiyaik kuniyum thAmaraiyE (SPB/Rajeswari, oru Odai nadhiyAkiRadhu)

Sweet melody by rAsA, the famous reethigowlai rAgam, SPB & solo (synth) violin freaking out etc. The glorious song got duly covered in the SPB-IR series :)The nice-looking Sumalatha (who had some excellent movies like thoovAnaththumbikaL in Malayalam but failed to get any in Thamizh) with Raghuvaran...

VM obviously had some nice lines, including the terrific opening line. Of course, he has his 'vErththu' business as well Laughing

Look at the lines:

தலையைக் குனியும் தாமரையே
என்னை (உன்னை) எதிர்பார்த்து வந்த பின்பு வேர்த்து

நீ தீர்க்க வேண்டும் வாலிப தாகம்
பாற்கடலின் ஓரம் பந்தி வைக்கும் நேரம்
அமுதம் வழியும் இதழைத் துடைத்து
விடியும் வரையில் விருந்து நடத்து

காத்திருந்தேன் அன்பே இனிக் காமனின் வீதியில் தேர் வருமோ
பூமகள் கன்னங்கள் இனி மாதுளை போல் நிறம் மாறிடுமோ
ஆயிரம் நாணங்கள் இந்த ஊமையின் வீணையில் இசை வருமா
நீயொரு பொன் வீணை அதில் நுனிவிரல் தொடுகையில் பல சுரமா
பூவை நுகந்தது முதல் முறையா வேதனை வேளையில் சோதனையா
முதல் முறையா? இது சரியா?
சரி சரி பூவாடைக் காத்து ஜன்னலைச்சாத்து
உத்தரவு தேவி தத்தளிக்கும் ஆவி
இரண்டு நதிகள் இணைந்து  நடக்கும்
புதிய அலைகள் கரையை உடைக்கும்

The second saraNam being different from the first one adds to the charm of the song Smile

Also, the conversational lines there are terrific, kAviyam levels (despite the "கரையை உடைக்கும்" violence, VM-typical)!

Easily among the top of IR-VM combo!

Last edited by app_engine on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:22 am

paathukoangappa - rule breakers fans - oru pallavikku rendu charanam - indha antara mukda tukadda ruleayum already odachaachu.. neenga vera ennaththa poattu odacheenga?

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:55 am

App saar,
First time commenting on this thread. Great work so far. And lol-worthy analysis of Diamondu's gems along with his kaamedies and formulas.  LOL Keep em coming!

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next