Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

+33
kameshratnam
soco_sri
mythila
crimson king
Wizzy
Shank
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
Sakalakala Vallavar
Manoj Raj
Kr
d22_malarr
ank
kamalaakarsh
irfan123
இசை
AbhiMusiq
vicks
panniapurathar
irir123
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
groucho070
prakash
V_S
plum
writeface
sagi
fring151
Raaga_Suresh
counterpoint
Balu
kiru
vaticanscientist
37 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 19 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

Post  app_engine Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:08 am

Manoj Raj,

நல்வரவு!
Smile

தொடக்க காலத்தில் ஜானகி ராசாவோடு சண்டை போட்டது, ராசா மறுபடி அவர்களைப் பாடச்சொல்லிக்கெஞ்சினது பலமுறை வாசித்த ஒன்று தான். 

வேறு ஒரு இடத்தில், "ஜானகி என்னைத்திட்டினால் என்ன, பரவாயில்லை" என்று ராசாவே சொன்னதாகவும் வாசித்திருக்கிறேன்.

என்றாலும், அதை வைத்துக்கொண்டு இந்த டி.வி.க்காரர்கள் ராசா பற்றி இல்லாததும் பொல்லாததும் சொல்லக்கூடாதல்லவா?

உரக்கச்சொல்ல வேண்டிய உண்மைகள் :

1. ஜானகியை ராசா பாராட்டிய சிறப்பான முறை, தன்னுடைய ஆகச்சிறந்த பாடல்களை அவரைப் பாடச்சொன்னது (நிரூபிக்கக் கடினமில்லை, நூற்றுக்கணக்கில் உண்டு)

2. 70-களில் சிலவும் 80-களில் சிலவும் எனப்பேட்டிகளில் ஜானகியை வானளாவப் புகழ்ந்திருக்கிறார். குமுதம் பேட்டியில் வித்வத்வம் பற்றிச்சொல்லியது அது வந்தபோது நான் சுடச்சுடப்படித்து மகிழ்ந்த ஒன்று! எனக்கு வேறு ஒரு தெளிவும் தேவையில்லை!

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 19 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:55 am

JV yEn ippidi AyttAr nu therila. I know from personal circles who knew him very well that he used to be a bigger mafia himself than most mafia. Mafia kitta odhai vAngaradhu is unlikely since he himself used to be a huge mafia (so much so that he converted an ARR fan friend of mine into a Raaja devotee). anEgamA Prasad Studio la adi vAngiruppAr. He's completely lost his marbles and it's sad to see.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:56 am

BTW, JV is not a 90's born kid - who can get away saying that "I wasn't born then, didn't know about a lot of 70's 80's interviews of rAsA" etc.

He is 50 - lived as many years as myself so far and witnessed what all happened in TN very much like me! On top of it, claims happily that "he is an insider" (while we are outsiders).  What's more, he was a "music teacher" before becoming a TV artist / MD and claimed to have learnt a lot from IR in his musical career.

So, he should have known better.

yam least bit surprised by JV's rantings, he is a shit stack and Raaja deriding the current state of affairs/MDs in the concert must have deepened
his scars.

அதாவது, "என்னுள்ளில் MSV" நிகழ்ச்சியில் தான் ராசா முதன்முதலாக ஜானகியைப் புகழ்ந்திருக்கிறார் என்று ஜே.வ. சொல்லுகிறார்.

seriously how thick is this guy given Munk's assertion that he was a mafia once.

I'm not a MSV fan so for me the concert was worth just for Raaja solo's in particular 'Mayakamma' and the tail piece of 'Sadha Sadha' which were deeply moving.
it was more of an extension of 'Be with me', as KRaja asserted just wished he had sung all the songs.
and adhered to its minimalist orchestra given K.Arangam's poor acoustics and uncontrolled
sound levels which @ many places infuriated Raaja/

on the MSV nuggets, most of them were on expected lines(for those who have attended/seen his concerts over the last decade) save for Mozart connection/kavadi sindhu.
tad disconcerting to see Raaja's violin section being completely jobless for the most part.
my two takeaways were Raaja's sound reasoning(he didn't want to deter the focus off MSV)  of not inviting celebrity singers like SPB et al and standing his ground by not giving into crowd squealing for 'Siva Sambo'(Rajini et al in front row)
any lesser ones would have liaisoned into entertaining/crowd pleasing numbers but our man steadfastly stuck to the premise of 'Ennullil MS' all and through.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi Wizzy / Munk, whats that mozart connection song?! Smile
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:21 pm

Manoj Raj wrote:இது ஒன்னும் புதிதில்லை. ஜானகியே கூட ஒரு மலையாளம் ரியாலிட்டி ஷோவில் ராஜாவின் பெயரைக் குறிப்பிடாமல் மறைமுகமாக அவரை அசிங்கப்படுத்தி ஶ்ரீனிவாஸ் கூட நக்கலாக சிரித்தார். ஒரு டாக் ஷோவில் கூட ஜானகி ராஜாவைக் கடுமையாக விமர்சித்ததும் உண்டு. ஒரு சிறு சண்டைக்குப்பின் பிறகு ராஜா ஜானகியை மீண்டும் தன் இசையில் பாட வைக்க கெஞ்சினார் என்ற தொனியில் சொன்னார் ஜானகி.

இதுக்கு சுட்டி இருக்கா?!? Smile
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:15 pm

இன்றைய இளம் இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் கம்ப்யூட்டர் சிப்களை தூக்கிப் போட்டுவிட்டு மூளையைப் பயன்படுத்தி இசையமையுங்கள் என்றார் இளையராஜா

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:23 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:Hi Wizzy / Munk, whats that mozart connection song?! Smile
Kaavadi chindhu pAttu dhAn adhu methinks. Aadai Katti Vandha Nilavo. Wizz correct me if I'm wrong.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:24 pm

IR is a giant in his profession and a tough competitor/critic. If I were a contemporary MD of him, most likely I also would say some thing negative about him now and then (after all i am human) . If you accept he is great, it would be tough to do your job (as MD). As part of your survival, you cannot accept complete defeat. Rahman did great for himself. We can decide who is greater :-)

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:40 am

Drunkenmunk wrote:
Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:Hi Wizzy / Munk, whats that mozart connection song?! Smile
Kaavadi chindhu pAttu dhAn adhu methinks. Aadai Katti Vandha Nilavo. Wizz correct me if I'm wrong.

yam pretty sure that it isn't Kavadi Sindhu, either song no.14 or 15 from your list. from what I could decipher similarity was only
the pallavi part.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:50 pm

27 mins of Raaja reminiscing MSV with some unheard of anecdotes.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:12 pm

Link via twitter

JV trying to do some cover-up...

Unfortunately, by this post, he only substantiates that he intentionally maligned rAsA when he posted those things about the MSV-event.

For example, he says in this latest FB post thus :

I maintained a big and thick hand-made album which contained all the films that he scored music for, in the alphabetical order. People who lost track of his discography had to refer with me. I remember every byte of his, be it print or SLBC, and I can, off the sleeve, quote most of his interviews verbatim.

That means he should have at least once come across the many appreciative remarks IR had for SJ. So, DESPITE THIS KNOWLEDGE (which he boasts about here) HE DELIBERATELY SAID THAT IR IS APPRECIATING SJ FOR THE FIRST TIME!

If that was not deliberate slander, what else was?

Now that everyone is shouting at him, I think he wants some escape route that resulted in this post...
(Pavalar's son, Bhava's hubby both had strong FB posts condemning JV - quoting his twitter discussion with our @mayilSK.  Industry people too started commenting on those pages. I saw AVM Kumaran making a remark against JV and such development should have worried JV)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:

27 mins of Raaja reminiscing MSV with some unheard of anecdotes.

nanRi for the link!

What a remarkable memory - recap of incidents / just like that quoting pAdal varigaL etc. (that too after composing thousands of his own songs) - unbelievable!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:08 pm

Hindu paper series part 15

ஏதோ நினைவுகள் கனவுகள் மனதிலே மலருதே (அகல் விளக்கு)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:17 pm

part 16

விவரிக்க இயலாத உணர்ச்சிகளை எழுப்பும் மர்மமான உறவு காதல். குறிப்பாக, நட்பு காதலாக மலர்வதற்கு முன்னதான இடைவெளியில் ஏற்படும் உணர்ச்சிகள் விவரணைகளுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டவை. கலைப்படைப்புகளில் அவற்றைப் பதிவுசெய்ய நுட்பமான பார்வை தேவை. மர்மங்கள் நிறைந்த அந்தப் பக்கங்களை அற்புதமாகப் பதிவுசெய்த படைப்புகளில் ஒன்று ‘உறவெனும் புதிய வானில்’ பாடல்.

நெஞ்சத்தைக்கிள்ளாதே Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:32 pm

Thanks to Hindu paper for reminding the world of this exquisite beauty
"edhO ninaivugaL". Only yesterday I was feeling very nostalgic about the song, one of our childhood favorites and wondered why it was completely forgotten , unheralded etc .

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  counterpoint Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Ah..uravenum pudhiya vaanil. Can we get just one more song like this from IR? Is that even a realistic expectation?

If 1964 was a big year for MSV-TKR then I feel 1980 was like the defining year for IR -nizhalgal, nenjathai killaadhe, ullaasa paravaigaL,panneer pushpangaL, thaipongal,Moodupani,Johny...the classics just kept coming.

counterpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:41 pm

Official website: http://www.ilaiyaraajalive.com/

Video confirmation: Tamil:

English:

Official YT link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVlWr_LN9y80smEMr0KTBOA/videos

YT video link la they've uploaded jukeboxes for a few albums already. Ellaa 1000'ayum avungaLE senjuttAnga'nnA puNNiyamA pOgum. appidiyE medhuvA BG scores, interviews, new interviews with stars, actors like Kamal, Rajni, musicians'nu update senjuttE vandhA reNdu kai pathAdhE ya... Hopefully they keep this updated and going and this doesn't end like Raajangham or other sites. YT channel is new; so are uploads of albums. That is certainly promising. ivangaLE senjA dhAn uNdu. seyya Aramithiruppadhu nalladhoru Arambam.

God bless Him. nooru varusham nallA irunga  noteworthy
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:18 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:
Official YT

Good to see PM theme being played in the background for the intro video Smile

இந்த தீம் இசைக்கு வேறொருத்தருக்கு சொந்தம் கொண்டாட அப்பப்போ சில பைத்தியங்கள் முயற்சி எடுப்பதுண்டே...இனி வாயைத்திறக்கட்டும்!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:19 pm

idhayam juke box :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJj3PVKmEBs

Nice audio quality!

வாழ்க!

Someone should give them feedback to place the correct lyricist for each song Embarassed

(All songs show "Vaali & Piraisoodan" which is incorrect, they should credit correctly)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:41 pm

The apoorva sagOdharargaL official YT has the 'ammAva nAn kAlaiththottu kumbidanum dOi' song :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqxw0k5rjdQ

Kamal is singing the song but the youtube wrongly credits the singer as IR Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:36 pm

http://www.dinamalar.com/news_detail.asp?id=1319094&device=tw

இளையராஜா மருத்துவமனையில் அனுமதி

சென்னை: உடல்நலக் குறைவு காரணமாக, இளையராஜா, ராமகோபாலன் ஆகியோர், மருத்துவமனையில் சேர்க்கப் பட்டுள்ளனர். பிரபல இசை அமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜா, 73. இவர், நேற்று, தனக்காக, பிரத்யேக இணையதளம் ஒன்றை துவக்கினார். அன்று இரவு, அவருக்கு திடீரென உடல்நலக் குறைவு ஏற்பட்டது. உடனே, ஆயிரம் விளக்கு பகுதியில் உள்ள தனியார் மருத்துவமனையில் சேர்க்கப்பட்டார். அவருக்கு, 'இதய நோய்' பாதிப்பு உள்ளதை டாக்டர்கள் கண்டுபிடித்தனர். காலை, 'ஆஞ்சியோ பிளாஸ்ட்' என்ற சிகிச்சை செய்யப்பட்டது.அதன்பின், 'உடல் நலம் தேறி வருவதாகவும், சில நாட்களில், வீடு திரும்புவார்' என்றும் டாக்டர்கள் கூறினர்.

Crying or Very sad
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:42 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:http://www.dinamalar.com/news_detail.asp?id=1319094&device=tw

இளையராஜா மருத்துவமனையில் அனுமதி

சென்னை: உடல்நலக் குறைவு காரணமாக, இளையராஜா, ராமகோபாலன் ஆகியோர், மருத்துவமனையில் சேர்க்கப் பட்டுள்ளனர். பிரபல இசை அமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜா, 73. இவர், நேற்று, தனக்காக, பிரத்யேக இணையதளம் ஒன்றை துவக்கினார். அன்று இரவு, அவருக்கு திடீரென உடல்நலக் குறைவு ஏற்பட்டது. உடனே, ஆயிரம் விளக்கு பகுதியில் உள்ள தனியார் மருத்துவமனையில் சேர்க்கப்பட்டார். அவருக்கு, 'இதய நோய்' பாதிப்பு உள்ளதை டாக்டர்கள் கண்டுபிடித்தனர். காலை, 'ஆஞ்சியோ பிளாஸ்ட்' என்ற சிகிச்சை செய்யப்பட்டது.அதன்பின், 'உடல் நலம் தேறி வருவதாகவும், சில நாட்களில், வீடு திரும்புவார்' என்றும் டாக்டர்கள் கூறினர்.

Crying or Very sad
SKV has seen this on Twitter. Sharing here for others: https://twitter.com/kameshratnam/status/632571117383716864 Nothing to worry.

But OTOH: https://twitter.com/kanapraba/status/632571741714296832  Crying or Very sad Sad
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:26 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:

But OTOH: https://twitter.com/kanapraba/status/632571741714296832  Crying or Very sad Sad

Sad

Viji Manuel is no more?

Very sad news Sad

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:16 pm

I don't know why these news magazines and media are hell bent on spreading such rumors. I believe dinamalar is a subsect of Indian Express. Can't they make sure 100% if the news is correct, before they print something and spreading such false news. Shame on them. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:22 pm

Viji Manuel was only 64 this news says, really sad

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next