Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

+33
kameshratnam
soco_sri
mythila
crimson king
Wizzy
Shank
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
Sakalakala Vallavar
Manoj Raj
Kr
d22_malarr
ank
kamalaakarsh
irfan123
இசை
AbhiMusiq
vicks
panniapurathar
irir123
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
groucho070
prakash
V_S
plum
writeface
sagi
fring151
Raaga_Suresh
counterpoint
Balu
kiru
vaticanscientist
37 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 29 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

Post  kamalaakarsh Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:00 am

Ilaiyaraaja wins National Award for Best Background Score for Tharai Thappattai. It is his 5th National Award.  cheers
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3 - Page 29 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 3

Post  Usha Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:34 am

kamalaakarsh wrote:Ilaiyaraaja wins National Award for Best Background Score for Tharai Thappattai. It is his 5th National Award.  cheers

namba thonalai.. google check panninen. nejam dhan.........

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-16/music-director-ilayaraja-wins-national-award-for-thaarai-thappattai.html

Sandhosham........ BGM kaga kedachadhaku..... He is The King.........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:44 am

Violin Vicky's Avarampoo Title......

netraiya Raja show parthen......... Mandram vandha manjaluku.. paatai vera madhiri padinar.. adhu endha paatu endru yosithen...

kandu pidithen.. Sami kitte solli vechu... paatu style endru. adhanal  avarampoo padam.. paatai ninaithu konden.

Violin Vicky.. Avarampoo....... Sweet Surprise.

violin Vicky.. ungalin Piano work kaetu vittu.. Title score kaeten... thaniyaga kidaikavilali.. padathil dhan kidaithadhu...

padam.. peyar.. endru poi kondu irukum podhu.. kaeta indha title score.....

Ungalin Piano work ai kaekara madhirii irundhadhu.......
neenga vasitha madhiiri dhan iruku  andha title score............

Soul Searching...... Beautiful word for this work...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KszEHEKmtaE

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:00 pm

kamalaakarsh wrote:Ilaiyaraaja wins National Award for Best Background Score for Tharai Thappattai. It is his 5th National Award.  cheers

Gangai Amaren was part of the jury it seems. Are they even allowed to be part of jury if a relative is nominated? this is strange. In such cases, what is the process of voting?
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:34 pm

Look at the nonsense title by vikatan

Embarassed

ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானை பின்னுக்குத் தள்ளினார் இளையராஜா

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:57 pm

I heard loud and clear what Myskin said in the 'Ilayaraja 1000' show.

He spoke about how Raja understood Sergei Rachmaninoff as an underrated composer and how Raja  deeply understands WCM.

Well, unfortunately, Nandalala, which had one of the most melodious scores recently in TF did not win an award and neither did OAK.

Compared to the above two, I do not rate TT in the same class, though richly deserving.

Myskin needs to understand something here. It is not enough to be able to get the best WCM scores from Raja - you deserve all kudos for it. You need to elevate yourself as an award winning director. You need to learn a few things from Bala and others who paved their way for Raja to win awards.

Sagara Sangamam - K. Vishwanath - Delhi knows him and he is an award winner himself
Sindhu Bhairavi - K. Balachander - Delhi knows him though he was not an award winner till the end
Rudraveena - K. Balachander
Pazhassi Raja - Hariharan - Delhi knows him and he has won a few awards himself
Tharai Thappattai - Bala - Delhi knows him as an award winner of Sethu and Naan KadavuL

We need a great WCM BGM score from Raja that also wins a National award. It is in Myskin's hands to elevate himself and include Raja in that project.

I am looking forward to 'Kutrame Dhandanai' as Manikandan has already won a national award and Raja may just do his usual work and may get appreciated.

I am greedy, but hell, who cares? Anything to get Raja more recognition.

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:05 pm

Great news, amazing achievement, a true tribute to his longevity as a composer.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:13 pm

kamalaakarsh wrote:

Gangai Amaren was part of the jury it seems. Are they even allowed to be part of jury if a relative is nominated? this is strange. In such cases, what is the process of voting?

Interesting to see this :
http://ns7.tv/ta/i-am-not-recommend-ilaiyaraja-national-award-gangai-amaran.html

GA says "I didn't reco" Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:00 am

ravinat wrote:...

We need a great WCM BGM score from Raja that also wins a National award. It is in Myskin's hands to elevate himself and include Raja in that project.

I have serious doubt  audience (including judges) have significant appreciation for WCM. This is the main reason, IR is not fully recognized. What ever fame/fortune he has is the product of his tune making skills alone (no credit to WCM/harmony/orchestration). Once some young people who can create catchy tunes equipped with computers which can help them put together a song.. ha ..lo and behold ..we have so many 'Music Directors' in the industry.
My guess is even amongst the people who consider themselves as hardcore fan of IR, they are probably listening to only a part of musical content in his song. Dont get me wrong, I am trying to generalize  here for the sake of decisiveness . There might be still some people who can "sing" the preludes/interludes  !!!

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:58 pm

kiru wrote:
ravinat wrote:...

I have serious doubt  audience (including judges) have significant appreciation for WCM. This is the main reason, IR is not fully recognized. What ever fame/fortune he has is the product of his tune making skills alone (no credit to WCM/harmony/orchestration). Once some young people who can create catchy tunes equipped with computers which can help them put together a song.. ha ..lo and behold ..we have so many 'Music Directors' in the industry.
My guess is even amongst the people who consider themselves as hardcore fan of IR, they are probably listening to only a part of musical content in his song. Dont get me wrong, I am trying to generalize  here for the sake of decisiveness . There might be still some people who can "sing" the preludes/interludes  !!!

I have absolutely no disagreement with you Kiru. I do not see any other director in India who understands WCM and am glad there is a guy like Myskin who can talk about Rachmaninoff. I just wanted Raja to be recognized when Myskin elevates himself - while Raja does not need it, I do. That is unfortunately the sad state of affairs in India.

BTW.. if you like Rachmaninoff, you must watch 'Shine'. You will be able to appreciate Rachmaninoff better...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shine_(film)

ravinat

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Very happy to hear the news. Hearty Congratulations to Maestro  cheers Very Happy Maestro deserved much much more.

At the same time other categories winners make me little concerned.

While kaaththirunnu kaaththirunnu is a gem of a song, undoubtedly the song of the year last year. I have listened to it and recommended to many. It was a heart-warming song full of life. But the film ennu ninte moideen had three music directors (M Jayachandran, Ramesh Narayan and Gopi Sunder). Definitely M Jayachandran scores over the other two. But I am surprised a National award was given to M Jayachandran only for that one song. I believe it is the first time National award was given to a music director, not for the whole soundtrack, but just for one song. I am not quite happy with such a decision. Maestro had such a musical blast last year which was also conveniently forgotten by the jury  Embarassed

Same way the best picture and best direction going to two different films always amuses me (even at the academy awards). Leave alone the other categories  Embarassed Definitely not happy Kamal not winning for Uththama Villain.

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:01 pm

V_S wrote:Very happy to hear the news. Hearty Congratulations to Maestro  cheers Very Happy Maestro deserved much much more.

At the same time other categories winners make me little concerned.

While kaaththirunnu kaaththirunnu is a gem of a song, undoubtedly the song of the year last year. I have listened to it and recommended to many. It was a heart-warming song full of life. But the film ennu ninte moideen had three music directors (M Jayachandran, Ramesh Narayan and Gopi Sunder). Definitely M Jayachandran scores over the other two. But I am surprised a National award was given to M Jayachandran only for that one song. I believe it is the first time National award was given to a music director, not for the whole soundtrack, but just for one song. I am not quite happy with such a decision. Maestro had such a musical blast last year which was also conveniently forgotten by the jury  Embarassed

Same way the best picture and best direction going to two different films always amuses me (even at the academy awards). Leave alone the other categories  Embarassed Definitely not happy Kamal not winning for Uththama Villain.

V_S

Now that you brought up[ Kaathirunnu... a self plug here...

<Quote FB>
Several deserving awards int he 63rd Indian National Film awards...
1. M. Jayachandran for Ennu Ninte Moideen. This film has good songs and deserves it. I recently posted Shreya's song in this film. Glad somebody noticed it in Delhi. Nothing like a Raja fan MD getting an award for the second time...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qycMVIrlO5s
2. Visaranai - Samudrakani, Kishore Te- truly deserving one as this made us sit up the way Kaaka Muttai did in the previous year. However, Sanjay Leela Bansali took the thunder away from Vetrimaran. He had to settle for the best film in Tamil.
3. Mahesh Kale for best playback singer in Katyar Kaljat Ghusali. Music lovers must watch this film as this was my first Marathi film. Shankar Mahadevan acts and sings in this movie. If you liked Shankarabharanam, you'll like this. It is great to see Shankar creating (SEL did the music for this film) an award winning singer, he himself being one. However, to me the best song of the film is this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXbQ-dItErg
4. Ilayaraja for background score of Tharai Thappattai. As I mentioned in 2011, when they gave him the first award for BGM for Pazhassi Raja, they should stop giving this award to him. They should honor the BGM award by calling it the 'Ilayaraja award for best BGM goes to...'. Dhadasaheb Phalke may have shined an arc lamp on celluloid and made Indians watch movies. However, it is Ilayaraja, who kept them in the theatres/TV sets and ensured that the image (film or digital) touches the heart of the viewer. It is also Raja who made ordinary Indians whistle title music of films. I am not talking about the South Indian audience, but many North Indians who did that when they came out of 'Paa'. Indians will leave theatres only whistling their favorite song from the movie, if there was no Ilayaraja.
<End Quote FB>

ravinat

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:46 pm

finished watching accident (1985) kannada film directed by Shankar nag and starring himself and his brother..
The music is by Raaja. No songs. Absolutely minimalistic score. more on the lines of John Travolta starrer "Blow Out".
Lot of ambient sounds and symphonic master pieces, John williams tracks have been used as is (probably at the request
of the director). Raaja patiently waits for all that noise to subside and in key moments in second half, when the characters 
 are caught up in a huge fix and are wondering what to do, Raaja lets loose a score that paints the antagonist with a human
 touch, a theme he would unleash 3 times with varying effects. This goes out to his detractors that he is a 'dictator' and does not 
accommodate to director's whims.. What is interesting is that other tracks of foreign composers create a mere blip in our 
consciousness while Raaja's understated and melancholic grips us and tells us the emotion underlying so poignantly.

The movie is an absolute "Must watch" and can be made sense even if you didnt know the language..
Shankar nag excels - but the most juicy part belongs to Anant Nag as the politician Nyaayadhikaari and Ramesh bhat who plays 
inspector Rao.. As an additional incentive, I got to see the 'once beautiful' Bangalore in all its glory.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:16 am

http://tamil.filmibeat.com/news/kutra-paramparai-story-controversy-039492.html
ஒரு பாட்டு கூட பதிவு பண்ணியாச்சாமே?

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:51 am

V_S wrote:
   Now that you brought up[ Kaathirunnu... a self plug here...

<Quote FB>
Several deserving awards int he 63rd Indian National Film awards...
3. Mahesh Kale for best playback singer in Katyar Kaljat Ghusali. Music lovers must watch this film as this was my first Marathi film. Shankar Mahadevan acts and sings in this movie. If you liked Shankarabharanam, you'll like this. It is great to see Shankar creating (SEL did the music for this film) an award winning singer, he himself being one. However, to me the best song of the film is this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXbQ-dItErg
<End Quote FB>
I thought all the songs in this film were very good. Fantastic music. My favourites were Gheyi Chhand Makarand (both versions) and Dil ki Tapish - a wonderful song in raag keeravani. And I am quite late to the party, in the sense that, I discovered this awesome vocalist named Rahul Deshpande through this film although he has been an accomplished performer since long time. What a pristine vocal quality! I really hoped this film will win the Best Music award. Shankar-Ehsan-Loy did really fantastic work here.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:50 pm

Thanks Ravi for bringing up Katyar Kaljat Ghusali. It was originally a Marathi (musical) play adapted for the film of same name. Some songs were originally done by Pt. Jeetendra Abhisheki for the play. May be SEL while composed some new songs, some songs were reworked for the film version by Jitendra Abhisheki. May be that was the reason NA committee didn't award this film for music direction, as the original was the play version. Nevertheless every song is mind-blowing that I cannot skip a single one. Absolutely mind-blowing!! Still surprised NA didn't award Shankar Mahadevan as they sang most of the songs while Mahesh Kale sang only couple (that too with other singers). Yes, Surat Piya Ki, Tarana are masterpieces. May be they thought Shankar Mahadevan already got three times as playback singer, but that is not wise if he really deserved another one. But Aruna Kirana is definitely a rare classic and the way he renders and finishes, it richly deserves the National Award. No singer can come close to this rendering.

But it is a must listen for everyone who values music, especially our traditional music, especially the kids of this generation has to listen to this masterpiece to realize what crap they were listening to in the 'name of music'.

Last edited by V_S on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:53 pm

IR doesn't care for this award, per this kisu-kisu

இந்த விருது கிடைத்திருப்பதில் இளையராஜாவுக்கு உண்மையில் சந்தோஷமில்லை என்கிறார்கள். 2010ம் ஆண்டு 'பழசி ராஜா' (மலையாளம்) படத்துக்காக விருது கிடைத்தபோதே இளையராஜாவுக்கு சந்தோஷம் இல்லை என்ற தகவலும் கிடைத்தது. காரணம், பின்னணி இசைக்காக ஒருவருக்கும், பாடல்களுக்காக ஒருவருக்கும் என இரண்டாகப் பிரித்து விருது கொடுப்பதில் இளையராஜாவுக்கு இஷ்டமில்லையாம். 'சிறப்பாகப் பின்னணி இசை அமைப்பவனால் பாடல்களுக்கும் சிறப்பாக இசை அமைக்க முடியாதா?' எனக் கேள்வி எழுப்பியிருக்கிறார். அப்போதே விருது வாங்க ராஜா விருப்பப்படவில்லையாம். சிலரின் வற்புறுத்தலுக்காகத்தான் விருதை வாங்கியிருக்கிறார். எனவே, இந்த முறை இளையராஜா விருதைப் பெற்றுக் கொள்வது கடினம் என்கிறார்கள். அதனால்தான் இதுவரை விருது கிடைத்ததைப் பற்றி அவர் வாய் திறக்கவில்லையாம்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:55 pm

While IR hasn't talked about the TT NA, every politician has publicized their vAzhththukkaL for him!

rotfl

pAvam, election time Wink
(However, as @mayilsk says, all those politicians are wasting their time as appreciating IR may not get more than 40 votes Laughing )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:16 pm

TF industry trying to milk on IR-1000

Hopefully it will have IR & his orch, thus ensuring a class performance...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:27 am

Do you reward the ISO for coming out with a standard for weight, length or temperature? The standard itself called ISO standard, for a reason. My view is, giving Raja an award for BGM is similar to this. When some body measures up, they are told to meet an ISO standard. When a composer meets that standard, they need to be provided the 'Ilayaraja' standard award - that's all there is to it.

ravinat

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:51 pm

I dont mean to give more mileage to this issue especially when we do not know the matter at hand... but this constant onslaught by Agimusic (Agilan) on raaja is strange. https://m.facebook.com/notes/agilan-lechaman/the-other-face-of-ilaiyaraaja/10153503048119071/ 

Agilan recently wrote to President of India also, asking for withdrawing Padmabhushan (as if Raaja cares about it). But how come things are becoming so bitter and ugly (publicly). So much negative publicity on Raaja - doesn't look good. That too at his age now. Whats happening?
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:22 pm

It is interesting to see an European (?) group performing "uLLukkuLLa chakaravarthi" in a concert in France (I saw it first when Nerd shared Bhavatharini's tweet, now vikatan has an article):

http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/tamil-cinema/pokkisham/61791-ilayaraja-song-at-france-by-frech-singer.art

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:28 pm

"en vazhi" vinod / One India Shankar having fun with BR :

http://tamil.filmibeat.com/news/bharathiraja-join-with-ilaiyaraaja-again-039577.html

இந்த நிலையில் பத்தாண்டுகளுக்குப் பிறகு மீண்டும் குற்றப் பரம்பரை படத்தைத் தொடங்கியுள்ளார் பாரதிராஜா. 

இந்தப் படத்துக்கு இசை யார் என்பதை பாரதிராஜா வெளிப்படையாக அறிவிக்கவில்லை. 

இந்தப் படத்துக்கு இசையமைப்பது குறித்து இளையராஜாவுடன் பேச்சு நடத்தப்படுவதாக தெரியவந்துள்ளது.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:33 pm

Old article of TVG, republished I think, very good read

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:11 pm

How can newspapers make such blunders? Is there no quality check on the information they publish?

Dinamalar writes that Kamal has sung "iLamai idhO idhO" of SKV - one can understand if they make a mistake on some obscure number or some forgotten number.

Not this one Shocked

அவள் அப்படித்தான் படத்தில் பன்னீர் புஷ்பங்களே என்ற பாடலை முதன்முதலாக அவர் இசையில் பாடிய கமல், தொடர்ந்து சகலகலா வல்லவனில் இளமை இதோ இதோ, விக்ரம் படத்தில் விக்ரம், நாயகனில் தென்பாண்டி சீமையிலே, மைக்கேல் மதன காமராஜில் சுந்தரி நீயும், தேவர் மகனில் இஞ்சி இடுப்பழகி, விருமாண்டியில் உன்னை விட இந்த உலகத்தில் என பல சூப்பர் ஹிட் பாடல்களை பாடிய கமல், சமீபத்தில் இளையராஜாவின் இசையில் முத்துராமலிங்கம் படத்துக்காக தெற்கு தேச சிங்கமடா என்ற பாடலையும் பாடினார்

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next