Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed)

+20
D22_Malar
Sakalakala Vallavar
baroque
crimson king
rajkumarc
fring151
olichudar
Drunkenmunk
Punnaimaran
jaiganesh
Wizzy
sagi
kiru
al_gates
plum
V_S
sheepChase
Usha
app_engine
24 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed) - Page 9 Empty Re: Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed)

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:18 pm

#85 muththam pOdhAdhE saththam pOdAdhE (SPB/SJ, enakkuL oruvan)

One of the sweetest duets by SPB-SJ, "flowing" melody and lilting orchestration by rAsA. Got covered in the SPB-IR series , obviously!

Let us look at the pAdal varigaL now...

முத்தம் போதாதே சத்தம் போடாதே
ரத்தம் சூடானதே நாணமே நாணுதே
இதழ் முத்தம் தரும் அதில் பித்தம் வரும்
என்னையே உன்னிலே தேடினேன் அழகே

தமிழ்நாட்டில் எப்போதோ மதுவிலக்கு
உன் இதழ் மட்டும் எப்போதும் விதி விலக்கு

புது ரோஜா ஒன்று செடி தாண்டி வந்து
என் மடியேறிக் குடியேறும் காலம் இன்று
இது காமன் வண்டு எனைத் தீண்டும் இன்று
புடவைப் புதையல் உனக்கே படையல்
இனி நீ தானே என் வள்ளல்

உன்னைப் பார்க்கும் போதே நனைந்தேனே நானே
இன்று நான் சூடும் பூவாலே நோய் வந்ததே
இதழ் சாறம் போதும் அந்த நோயும் தீரும்
இதுவே தருணம் மடியே சரணம்
சுக பூகம்பம் ஆரம்பம்

Full of VM specialities - நாணமே நாணுதே, சுக பூகம்பம், மடியேறிக் குடியேறும், புடவைப் புதையல், பூவாலே நோய் - establishing him as a strong contender in the risque genre Wink

Let me repost what was written on that SPB-IR thread, related to VM :

I think this one is Vairamuthu - 'pudavai-puthaiyal-unakkE-padaiyal' - how words play around in this man's pen! He also does some mild politics stuff by recalling 'thamizh nAttil eppOdhO madhu vilakku'. Did I say limited "maRRa" stuff? Well, upon seeing the whole lyric, I take it back. The first line of second saraNam is Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed) - Page 9 Icon_eekmaterial in a film song.
Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed) - Page 9 Empty Re: Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed)

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:50 pm

#86 engE endhan kAdhali (SPB, enakkuL oruvan)

As mentioned in the SPB-IR thread , this must be among the top few by way of "longest duration songs" by rAsA. The cassette version was over 7 min and the video runs for 6+ minutes:

There are not many pAdal varigaL, however. It's a case of repeating both saraNams, thus resulting in longer duration. Also, some dialogs in-between (much similar to Hindi songs of such genre during 70's).

Look at the varigaL (hopefully all by VM, the last few that sound like "vasana kavidhai" could have been written by Kamal himself too):

எங்கே எந்தன் காதலி நீயா நீயா யாரடி
இள மனது காதலில் பொங்குகின்ற பொழுது
முகவரியை வந்து என் உள்ளங்கையில் எழுது

காலையில் கண்ணகி நீதான் கண்ணே
மாலையில் மாதவி நீதான் பெண்ணே
கோபம் கொண்டாலே கன்னம் புண்ணாகும்
நாணம் வந்தால் தான் கன்னம் பொன்னாகும்
பெண்களின் கூந்தலில் வாசனை உள்ளதா என்றோர் ஆராய்ச்சி
அடி கன்னியே உன்னிடம் கூந்தலே இல்லையே வேண்டாம் ஆராய்ச்சி
அழகே நாணமின்றி நன்மையில்லை பெண்மையிங்கு உண்மையில்லை

ஓடை மலரே மேடைக்கு வா
பேடைக்குயிலே பேர்சொல்லி வா

என்னைப் போல ஆட யாருமில்லை
என்னை இங்கு வெல்ல ஆளுமில்லை
நான்தானே மன்மதன் தரவேண்டும் சம்மதம்

என்ன அதிசயம்! ஒரு நிலவு தரையிலிருந்து புறப்பட்டு விண்ணுக்கு வருகிறதே!
என்ன மெளனம்? பேசு கண்ணே, உன் குரல் என்ன ராகம் என்று நான் சுரம் பிரித்துச் சொல்கிறேன்!

உங்களுக்கு எத்தனை வாத்தியம் வாசிக்கத் தெரியும்?
நான் வாசிக்காத வாத்தியம் நீ ஒருத்திதான் அன்பே!

என்னோடு பாடுவீர்களா?
சொல்லாதே அப்படி, சங்கீத பாஷையில் நீயும் நானும் சுதி சேருவோமா என்று சொல்!

Average, cinematic lines / phrases. Nothing to complain or rave about Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:24 am

App sir, Browsing through your posts, it is amazing to note that much of VM's poetry and in fact TFM poetry in general is quite repetitive. You have already pointed out stereotypical uses before such as the general fascination with veppam and viyarvai, let me nitpick on a few more of the most overused words and phrases employed in Diamond's wordplay:

1) KAman- koil/pUjai/sAlai/pandigai etc
2) Manmadhan- yAgam/nAdagam
3) Pon- mAlai/VElai/vasantham/Agam/vAnam etc etc
4) Poo(n)-thegam/thendral/kaatru/mAlai/Adai
5) PoovAdai/MelAdai/NoolAdai
6) ILam category-ILampen, ILamanadhu

Miscellaneous overused words - Koondhal, megam, pani, nANam, dhAgam

I honestly feel Vaali tended to be less repetitive and had more variety. Not dissing VM here, I do admit he gave some great stuff, but from my point of view, as a person who has very little appreciation for poetry, I tend to find VM's style somewhat predictable.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:30 pm

enge endhan kadhali.. andha link work agalai app.

indha link.. prelude with SPB humming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auV3bMKTdpw

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:06 pm

nanRi, Usha chEchi Smile

For me both youtube links work Smile

Of course, thiraippadal links are still down, though the website is operational now. Interestingly, I no longer need to go there just for statistics' sake as our spreadsheet is a much better source Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:00 am

fring151 wrote:it is amazing to note that much of VM's poetry and in fact TFM poetry in general is quite repetitive
Very true!

Unfortunately, instead of placing the blame on the mediocre lyricists, people tend to slap that on rAsA ("he arm twisted, forced to write for mettu" etc).

Some even resort to stupidity about rAsA sidelining VM resulting in loss of kwality Laughing

They should honestly examine this thread for all the lines VM wrote for some of the top-class compositions in the 80's Embarassed

Also, what great poetry did he do AFTER rAsA made his exit from the top spot? Nothing but rubbish "olive eNNey thEyththu" & "50 kg tAj mahal" kinds. Plus some funny and extraordinary claims for occasional 'Ambal' 'mouvval' business as "grand-re-entry-of-poetic-ancient-vocabulary" Laughing

Then there's this strange claim that "people don't like classic Thamizh lines" and practially totally killing that semi-classical genre from TFM Sad

That such claims are total fraud can be established by the simple fact of karNan getting a dream run in TN. Or, such claimers should be redirected to this youtube (watch from 24th minute and see how much emotion / feel / cries / praises etc):

Lyricists such as Vaali & VM failed to use the available grand vocabulary of Thamizh (while their other language contemporaries excelled, for e.g. in Malayalam! I'll have to restart kunnaththE in the IR's MFM thread, but whatever few pages done in that thread so far already showcase the tremendous standard gap between both fields in lyrical quality)!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:12 am

In general, dumbing-down the people and telling "we can give only what they ask for / enjoy" is irresponsible behaviour from artists who have stuff.

For others, it's just an admission of their own mediocrity and effort to take mun jAmeen.

That's where rAsA stands tall - he dragged people up, making pAmarans "sing" complex interludes, talk about instrumental nuances and has uplifted TN's musical sensibilities where even someone in the street talks about 'sangathees' and 'interludes' today Smile

OTOH, lyricists right from his time (i.e. after the demise of kavingar) & later on did the opposite.

In addition, they are joined by low-class singers in the era of next-gen MDs Embarassed
(The current week of SS4 has some current singers sitting as "judges" instead of the usual kaLLa gumbal. Their suggestions to the contestants are ROTFL stuff - one pon mozhi : "you shouldn't sing Thamizh so sharply")

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:49 am

#87 AththAdi pAvAda kAththAda (IR, poovilangu)
Popular song, themmAngu with kuRumbu.

For documentation's sake, let's get the lines here and see what work VM did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dICzMiqd6Q

ஆத்தாடி பாவாட காத்தாட
காத்தாடி போல் நெஞ்சு கூத்தாட
காத்தாட நெஞ்சு கூத்தாட
குளிக்குது ரோசா நாத்து
தண்ணி கொஞ்சம் ஊத்து ஊத்து

அடி நாள் பார்த்து நான் வந்தேன் வீம்பாக
உன் பாவாடப் பூவில் நான் காம்பாக
காம்பாக வந்தேன் வீம்பாக
உன் வீட்டில் இந்நேரம் ஆளில்லையே
ஓடாதே பெண்ணே நான் தேளில்லையே
அடி செவ்வாழையே
உன் வீட்டு செவ்வாழை என் கைகள் பட்டாலே
குலை ரெண்டு தள்ளாதோ வா முல்லையே

மலர் மூடும் இலை கொஞ்சம் விலகாதோ
அடி நாளெல்லாம் தவம் செய்தேன் நழுவாதோ
நழுவாதோ வண்டு தழுவாதோ
நீர் சொட்ட நின்றாலே ஜலதோஷம் தான்
நீ இங்கு போடாதே பகல் வேஷம் தான்
இளம் பூஞ்சோலையே
உன் பூமேனி நான் பார்க்கும் கண்ணாடி ஆகாதோ
ஆனாலும் நீ ரொம்ப தாராளம்தான்

Nothing much to write about.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:03 am

#88 kaNNil Edho minnal adichchiruchchu (KJY/SJ, poovilangu)

Another 'maRRa' type song from the same movie. (The movie must be full of such stuff Embarassed Somehow I didn't watch it, even though it was a college-days movie). Full of VM keywords, such as 'minnal' 'kAman', 'dEgam' 'soodu' 'vErvai' etc. Add some SJ mukkal-munagals Embarassed

Obviously not worth discussing.

Anyways, look at them all here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vii6mB5SO7g

கண்ணில் ஏதோ மின்னலடிச்சிருச்சு
காமன் வீட்டு சன்னல் திறந்திருச்சு
தேகம் லேசா சூடாச்சு
சுட்டு விரல் தொட்டுப்புட்டா வேர்வை வரும் முத்து முத்தா
பஞ்சும் நெருப்பும் பத்திக் கொள்ளுமே பக்கத்தில் வச்சா

என்ன சொல்லி விளக்க எனக்கிது புதுசு
இடைவெளி இல்லாமே துடிக்குது மனசு
காணாததைக் கண்டு உடம்பு நூலாச்சு
இரு கண்ணுக்குள்ள தீ விழுந்தது போலாச்சு
இன்னும் கொஞ்சம் கிட்ட வந்தா என்னாவது

நெற்றி வேர்வை நனைச்சு பொட்டுக் கொஞ்சம் அழியும்
குங்குமத்துச் செவப்பு வெட்கம் போல வழியும்
அச்சப்பட்டு ஓடி வந்தேன் வீட்டுக்குள்ளே
அட அடை காக்க சேவலும் வந்தது கூட்டுக்குள்ளே
பெண்மை இங்கே போட்டுக்கொள்ளத் தாப்பா இல்லே

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:11 am

#89 love me love me love (MV, poovilangu)

Another crass song, with "love me" words stuck in the girl's pinnazhagu and such nonsense Embarassed

I can't understand how come this movie was a big hit those days - at least the songs had some rAsa magic to get their air time / bus time etc but the movie with such picturizations Embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_CDyFOD660

லவ் மி லவ் மி லவ் மி உன் மம்மி எனக்கு மாமி

and similar lousy lines, not readily available on the net and I'm not interested in investing time to get such "vaira" varigaL!

Last edited by app_engine on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:29 am

#90 pOttEnE poo vilangu anbAlE nee adangu (SJ, poo vilangu)

At last, one normal song on-screen from this movie:

VM at last gets some tolerable pallavi lines (but shocks in the first line of first saranam, SJ kind of softens it with some "muffler"):

போட்டேனே பூவிலங்கு அன்பாலே நீ அடங்கு
(இந்தப்) பெண்மையின் ஆணையை மீறாதே
(என்) கண்களைக்கடந்து போகாதே போகாதே

மலையைப் பிழியும் ஆண்மை தான் Shocked
மறுக்கவில்லை உண்மை தான்
தாண்ட முடிந்தால் தாண்டு இது உன் சீதை கிழித்த கோடு தான்
இன்றோடு மாறி விடு என் காதல் மன்னவா
என் நெஞ்சின் ஆசைகளை உன் காதில் சொல்லவா
கை சேர்த்தால் அந்தக்கோபம் ஆறிப்போகும் வா

ஆளைக்கொல்லும் திமிங்கிலம்
நூலில் தானே அகப்படும்
அன்பு என்னும் பிடியினுள்ளே மலையும் கூட வசப்படும்
கண்ணோரம் காதலிசை இந்நேரம் பாடுவேன்
கையோடு பூவிலங்கு எந்நாளும் போடுவேன்
கண்ணாளா உன்னை ஆளும் தாலி நான் செய்வேன்

Anyways, average stuff for a typical cinema romance Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:47 am

app_engine wrote:
fring151 wrote:it is amazing to note that much of VM's poetry and in fact TFM poetry in general is quite repetitive
Very true!

Unfortunately, instead of placing the blame on the mediocre lyricists, people tend to slap that on rAsA ("he arm twisted, forced to write for mettu" etc).

Some even resort to stupidity about rAsA sidelining VM resulting in loss of kwality Laughing

They should honestly examine this thread for all the lines VM wrote for some of the top-class compositions in the 80's Embarassed

Also, what great poetry did he do AFTER rAsA made his exit from the top spot? Nothing but rubbish "olive eNNey thEyththu" & "50 kg tAj mahal" kinds. Plus some funny and extraordinary claims for occasional 'Ambal' 'mouvval' business as "grand-re-entry-of-poetic-ancient-vocabulary" Laughing

Then there's this strange claim that "people don't like classic Thamizh lines" and practially totally killing that semi-classical genre from TFM Sad

That such claims are total fraud can be established by the simple fact of karNan getting a dream run in TN. Or, such claimers should be redirected to this youtube (watch from 24th minute and see how much emotion / feel / cries / praises etc):

Lyricists such as Vaali & VM failed to use the available grand vocabulary of Thamizh (while their other language contemporaries excelled, for e.g. in Malayalam! I'll have to restart kunnaththE in the IR's MFM thread, but whatever few pages done in that thread so far already showcase the tremendous standard gap between both fields in lyrical quality)!
Agreed! When I first heard "Olive eNNey theythu", because of its unseemly appearance there and incoherent pronunciation, I actually heard it as "Olly-Vennai" and for a long time had no cllue what "Olly" was supposed to mean and wondered what kind of bizarre fetish it was to get butter smeared over one's body.

Glad that Mallu poetry is better as far as film music goes. Unfortunately, I am incapable of appreciating it. Neutral

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:11 am

fring151 wrote:Agreed! When I first heard "Olive eNNey theythu", because of its unseemly appearance there and incoherent pronunciation, I actually heard it as "Olly-Vennai" and for a long time had no cllue what "Olly" was supposed to mean and wondered what kind of bizarre fetish it was to get butter smeared over one's body.
LOL We live in the days where an "avaL paadham kazhuvum neeril samayal seivAn" and a "dEvadhai kuLiththa thuLigalai aLLi theertham enRE naan kudippEn" qualifies as poetry. solradhukku oNNumE illeengO.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:13 pm

fring151 wrote:
Glad that Mallu poetry is better as far as film music goes. Unfortunately, I am incapable of appreciating it. Neutral
Resources in our forum to help you Wink

1. To learn Mal alphabets, using vinyl cover pics (completed):
https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t93-learn-to-read-malayalam-using-vinyl-lp-record-covers-and-such-movie-based-resources

2. Weekly Malayalam language lessons (in progress):
https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t124-learn-malayalam-beyond-basic-reading-lesson-3-building-sentences-word-count-30

3. IR & MFM (translations / interpretations etc of IR's MF songs ; the detailed translation of 'Adhi ushus' of pazhassi rAjA got done there, I've even done my version of Thamizh translation of the song there Laughing ):
https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t111-ir-mfm

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:20 pm

#91 kAlam mARalAm nam kAdhal mARumA (vAzhkkai, SPB-VJ)

When I featured this song in the SPB-IR thread, I wasn't aware if NT were there on screen or not. Didn't have the courage to check that video then. Unfortunately, I looked at the same today ("yAm petRa inbam" to the forum'ers below):

Yes, ambi chEchi dance rotfl2 

VM did some adakki vAsikkal, if one looks at the lines (may be for NT's sake):

காலம் மாறலாம் நம் காதல் மாறுமா
தடைகள் தோன்றும் போதும் தலைவி பார்வை போதும் (தலைவன் பாதம் போதும்)
இனி வரும் காலம் மாறலாம் நம் காதல் மாறுமா

எந்தன் தோளில் நீ சாய்ந்தால் இன்னும் என்ன மௌனமா
புல்லின் மீது பூ வீழ்ந்தால் ஓசையென்ன கேட்குமா
மல்லிகைக்கொடி தோளைச்சுற்றுதே
தேவன் தொட்டதால் பூமி சுற்றுதே
உடலில் காந்தம் கொண்டு தழுவும் தங்கம் ஒன்று
இதழ்களில் ஈரமானதின்று

காலம் என்னும் தேனாற்றில் (பேராற்றில்?) நாமிரண்டு ஓடங்கள்
வாழ்ந்து காட்டும் நம் வாழ்க்கை வையகத்தின் பாடங்கள்
உள்ளங்கைகளால் உன்னை மூடுவேன்
உன்னைக் காக்கவே மண்ணில் வாழுவேன்
வாழும் காலம் யாவும் மடியில் சாய்ந்தால் போதும்
தோள்களில் தூங்கும் பாரிஜாதம்

Of course, he could not live without some key words, such as 'ஈரமான' 'பாரிஜாதம்' & 'காந்தம்...தழுவும் தங்கம்' Smile

AhA, the science teacher had finally got fail mark here Embarassed gOldu and mEgnattu Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:43 pm

app_engine wrote:
fring151 wrote:
Resources in our forum to help you Wink

1. To learn Mal alphabets, using vinyl cover pics (completed):
https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t93-learn-to-read-malayalam-using-vinyl-lp-record-covers-and-such-movie-based-resources

2. Weekly Malayalam language lessons (in progress):
https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t124-learn-malayalam-beyond-basic-reading-lesson-3-building-sentences-word-count-30

3. IR & MFM (translations / interpretations etc of IR's MF songs ; the detailed translation of 'Adhi ushus' of pazhassi rAjA got done there, I've even done my version of Thamizh translation of the song there Laughing):
https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t111-ir-mfm
Thanks a lot App-ji! Will try to read as time permits.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Just now looked at that "காலம் மாறலாம் நம் காதல் மாறுமா" lyrics and found this atricious line :

"புல்லின் மீது பூ வீழ்ந்தால் ஓசையென்ன கேட்குமா"
Shocked

Agreed, the girl can be compared to flower. OTOH, to compare a hero to 'pullu'?

rotfl2

Fortunately for VM, NT fans were probably not in any combatant mode those days (or were quite decent unlike other hero fans) Smile He escaped calling NT as veRum pullu Wink

(It's more deragatory in Malayalam than in Thamizh but here too it's silly)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:35 pm

idha eppidi pAkkaNum naa, NT appovum pullappOla silim aa irundhAr namma Diamondukku Razz
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:51 pm

Drunkenmunk,
Laughing

Well, I've been posting some abrasive stuff today @twitter and the forum...should smoothen now with a real good number in this thread, udambukku adhu dhAn nalladhu...

Next coming "pAdavA un pAdalai?" (NPP)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:55 pm

#92 & #93 pAdavA un pAdalai (Both versions by SJ, nAn pAdum pAdal)

One of my all-time-fav TFM songs! Of course, I like the 'terror' number more than the soft sOga number but this one is not a pushover either. IIRC, the first one that comes in the film narration is the sOga song of this movie - a film that is good for the most part! (I've stated many times in the hub that the Mohan-Ambika love leading to marriage is perhaps one of the best sequences watched in TF Smile

Directed by none other than R Sundarrajan, the director with lovely ears for music)!

Before I post the sOga song's lines, one correction to my post (at the hub) for pAdum vAnampAdi, another song in that movie :

I gave credit to VM for that song there Embarassed
Yet another case of WRONG CREDIT, with VM being the beneficiery Embarassed
(VM wrote only pAdavA in that album - 2 versions ; pAdum vAnampAdi was by nA.KAmarAsan)

Now, let's look at sOgappAdal - mostly terrific lines (excluding the பூகம்பம் & வேட்கை business), with metaphors that suit the soothing melody:

Listen to the song here!

பாடவா உன் பாடலை?
என் கண்ணிலே ஏன் நீரோடை?

தேங்கும் கண்ணீரில் உந்தன் பிம்பம்
பூவின் நெஞ்சில் பூகம்பம்
சுடரோடு எரியாது திரி போன தீபம்
உயிர் போன பின்னாலும் உடல் இங்கு வாழும்
கண்ணீரில் சுகம் காணாதோ மனம்
நீ தந்த மாங்கல்யம் என் ஜென்ம சாபல்யம்

கண்ணா என் நெஞ்சில் காதல் காயம்
ஆறுதல் சொல்லும் ஆகாயம்
புயலோடு போராடும் பூவாகும் வாழ்க்கை
இருந்தாலும் என் நெஞ்சில் ஏன் இந்த வேட்கை
உன் பாதை எங்கே என் பாதம் அங்கே
வளராமல் தேயாமல் வாழ்கின்ற நிலவிங்கே!

That last line - WOW - terrific! What a fitting description to "நடைப்பிணம்"!

With the terror version too, we have suitable lines that ride nicely on the evergreen melody :

பாடவா உன் பாடலை
என் வாழ்விலே ஓர் பொன் வேளை

வாடைப்பூங்காற்று என்னைத்தீண்டும்
வாழ்க்கை யாவும் நீ வேண்டும்
கடலோடு அலை போல உறவாட வேண்டும்
இலை மோதும் மலர் போல எனை மூட வேண்டும்
என் தேகம் எங்கும் உன் கானம் தாங்கும்
நீ வந்து கேளாமல் ஏங்கும் தமிழ்ச்சங்கம்

உன்னைக் காணாமல் கண்கள் பொங்கும்
அதுவே நெஞ்சின் ஆதங்கம்
உனக்காக என் பாடல் அரங்கேறும் வேளை
நீ கேட்க வழி இல்லை இது என்ன லீலை
பூமேகம் இங்கே ஆகாயம் எங்கே?
நீ சென்ற வழி பார்த்து வாடும் உன் பூ இங்கே!

VM can do collar lift for this number!
applause

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:31 am

Requesting to cover Vaanampaadi Koodu ThEdum from ThalaiyaNai Mandhiram. One of Vairamuthu's best songs for Raaja imho. Lovely composition too.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:25 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:Requesting to cover Vaanampaadi Koodu ThEdum from ThalaiyaNai Mandhiram. One of Vairamuthu's best songs for Raaja imho. Lovely composition too.
Yes, it's a lovely composition. Though I don't remember hearing it a lot during the time of its arrival (too many great albums & songs those days and such ones got missed), listening to this in the recent times quite a bit and love the song Smile

I don't even remember how it started Embarassed
(Did you feature in your daily blog?)

Because this wasn't a "hit", I wasn't planning to feature in this thread Embarassed In any case, it's not getting "counted" for statistics Smile

One can listen to the song in this link

From the pAdal varigaL, one can easily guess that it's a "pasumai niRaindha ninaivugaLE" kind of college farewell (or may be school farewell) song:

வானம்பாடி கூடு தேடும் இந்த நேரம் என்ன பாடும்
வந்து இங்கு வாழ்ந்த காலம் கானல் நீரில் காணும் கோலம்
கசிந்து கண்ணீர் வரும்

சோக ராகம் பாடும் நேரம் வார்த்தை இங்கு ஊமையாகும்
பழைய காலம் திரும்புமா வசந்தம் மீண்டும் அரும்புமா
இது ஒரு வேடந்தாங்கல் கலைகிறோம் இன்று நாங்கள்
பாசமே போ போ மனதை மறந்து போ

பாடும் நெஞ்சம் பாரம் ஆகும் ஏங்கும் கண்கள் ஈரமாகும்
உறவு நம்மை இணைத்ததே பிரிவு இன்று அழைத்ததே
முகவரி வாங்கிக்கொண்டோம் முகங்களைத்தாண்டிச்சென்றோம்
விடைபெறும் வேளை வார்த்தை வரவில்லை

Definitely one of those better-written numbers by the kavingar! Aptly pictures the situation, especially the following lines reflect both emotionally and philosophically :

-இது ஒரு வேடந்தாங்கல் கலைகிறோம் இன்று நாங்கள்
-முகவரி வாங்கிக்கொண்டோம் முகங்களைத்தாண்டிச்சென்றோம்
-விடைபெறும் வேளை வார்த்தை வரவில்லை
doublethumbsup

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:38 pm

#94 thAlAttu mARippOnadhE (SJ, unnai nAn sandhiththEn - there's also a "track" version by IR on disk)

Simple lines, catchy melody but the song is loaded with emotions provided primarily by SJ's terrific singing! Of course the interludes add similar emotions and power to the song but IMHO SJ owns this number. This was a big hit when arrived and continues to be an evergreen sOgaththAlAttu! IMO, this kind of strong-emotion-sOga-song becoming extremely popular has almost ceased in today's TFM Embarassed

pAdal varigaL (like I mentioned, quite simple but not irritating, note the 'mAnE / thEnE'):

தாலாட்டு மாறிப்போனதே
என் கண்ணில் தூக்கம் போனதே
பெண் பூவே வந்தாடு என் தோளில் கண் மூடு
என் சொந்தம் நீ

பெண் மானே செந்தேனே யார் என்று பார்க்கிறாய்
உன் சோகம் என் ராகம் ஏன் என்று கேட்கிறாய்
உன் அன்னை நான் தானே என் பிள்ளை நீ தானே
இது போதுமே

கண்ணீரில் சந்தோஷம் நான் இன்று காண்கிறேன்
தாயாக இல்லாமல் தாலாட்டுப்பாடினேன்
என் வாழ்வே உன்னோடு என் தோளில் கண்மூடு
சுகமாய் இரு

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:18 pm

app_engine wrote:I don't even remember how it started Embarassed
(Did you feature in your daily blog?)
Enna ippidi kEttutteenga? Smile

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/2013/08/05/74-as-the-bird-flies/
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:19 pm

app_engine wrote:Definitely one of those better-written numbers by the kavingar! Aptly pictures the situation, especially the following lines reflect both emotionally and philosophically :

-இது ஒரு வேடந்தாங்கல் கலைகிறோம் இன்று நாங்கள்
-முகவரி வாங்கிக்கொண்டோம் முகங்களைத்தாண்டிச்சென்றோம்
-விடைபெறும் வேளை வார்த்தை வரவில்லை
doublethumbsup
Exactly cheers Thanks for unofficially discussing it Wink
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next