Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1

+44
nambik
Kr
ravinat
crimson king
dilbert
kaarigan
D22_Malar
writeface
Drunkenmunk
crvenky
Punnaimaran
fring151
endrum_raja
rajkumarc
layman10
MumbaiRamki
kamalaakarsh
Usha
mavurundai
Raaga_Suresh
vicks
Sanjeevi
balachidambaram
raajarasigan
mythila
groucho070
irir123
SenthilVinu
kiru
sheepChase
Wizzy
Sakalakala Vallavar
Bala (Karthik)
sagi
skr
kv
kameshratnam
plum
jaiganesh
Admin
Joe
V_S
app_engine
48 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1

Post  fring151 Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:40 pm

app_engine wrote:Does Saravana stores pay royalty for this (or escape telling "reemixu") :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMuceOy-p6s
 Royalty laam very doubtful. But in a way it's good that at least it keeps reminding people, particularly younger generation about IR's compositions. After all chinna vayasula car reverse meesikiyum titan adiyum paathu thana nammalukku Beethoven, Mozart patthi theriya vandhudhu..Smile

fring151

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1

Post  app_engine Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Good, rAsA pOgalai

இந்த விழாவில் இளையராஜாவும் ஸ்ரீதேவியும் பங்கேற்று இருந்தால் சந்தோஷமாக இருந்து இருக்கும். அவர்கள் சார்பில் நாங்கள் வந்து இருக்கிறோம். எனக்கு நல்ல நண்பர்களும் ரசிகர்களும் இருக்கிறார்கள்

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:52 pm

digital 16V trailer launched

Ilayaraja’s music for the film is still considered one of his masterpieces. 
Anyone watched the "trailer"?
Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Interesting name of a composer

Music maestro Ilayaraja 'Shishya' Jemmy Raj has composed the music for 12 songs that has devotional songs and Vachanas in it.
Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:01 pm

தமிழ்நாட்டில் பொறந்த பொண்ணாம்

After making her debut, Manju did not hesitate to take it further through her column in Manorama. She wrote on her favourite song – Thenpandi Cheemayile, the lingering song sung by Kamal Haasan in Nayakan and composed by none other than maestro Ilayaraja. The lucid writer in her deftly weaves a nostalgic thread for this song by linking it to her fond memories of CSI Lower Primary School in Nagercoil, where she did her schooling
So, what we do in forums are also being done in Malayala Manorama kind of magazines by celebrities it seems Wink

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajQaferbBnc

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Singer Vijitha

The next big chance in Tamil was given by maestro Ilayaraja,” says Vijitha. She was sweeping the house, when she recieved a call asking her to give a voice test. “I thought I performed poorly. But after the test, I was taken into the room where Illayaraja sir was sitting with a harmonium in front of him. I was nervous but somehow managed to sing a few Carnatic songs. The next thing I know I was asked to sing in his Symphony Thiruvasagam,” reminiscences Vijitha.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:52 pm

One lady's SOTD

A local band in Boston has an Ilaiyaraja themed live show coming up and I'm super excited to attend. I was thinking about my favorite Ilaiyaraja songs and this of course is one of the first ones that popped into my head.

I love SO much about this song - the groovy guitar and bass work, the multitude of drum types incorporated, the chord progression, the sudden switch to tabla and back to the western drums, SPB's smooth and dare I say sexy vocals? I know, it's weird, but true in the case of this song.
Read more in that blog for some lol!  moments Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:23 pm

ROTFL material

The “mafia” just can’t talk about IR’s greatness without belittling AR Rahman. No surprises here, as Raja himself is so bitter when it comes to AR Rahman – being his ardent “devotees”, the mafia would obviously toe his line on this. But, while Raja grabs any opportunity to take digs at AR Rahman, this group keeps creating opportunities to talk ill of ARR – as I said earlier, spreading negativity is their forte!
Apparently, this is directed to IRFs active in twitter. Since many such twitters are also members / visitors of our forum, we can assume the ire of the blogger being directed to the growth of our forum as well Smile

The funniest thing is the blogger trying to "spy" even IRF gatherings at homes Laughing

While one finds such blogs funny to read, it has to be reasserted here once again that our IR section is perhaps the "current-most-positive-content-host" among anything one can find on the net on any TFM composer today! I'm just saying this loud despite there being no need - as the proof is in the pudding Smile  Look at all the lively threads in this section!

(Just for comparison - the Hub's ARR section, despite having hundreds of thousands of members and visitors, had nothing but anti-IR discussions for almost the whole Sep Laughing Only one thread was active there for almost the whole month and it had the 'sadist composer' discussions primarily).

Well, regardless, let us continue to enrich our "anything & everything IR forum" with primarily +ve content, while also reacting to any major attacks from other camps as necessary, from time to time (e.g. ketta tunes, sadist composer, WCM-to-India-only-in-future etc)

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:26 pm

As others have said before, it's quite amusing how these people claim monopoly on spreading love and positivity through ARR's music. Also funny is how much he feels for poor Anirudh and the other young crop of MDs.

"So much negativity, so much hate, let's spread world peace"

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  vicks Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:41 pm

http://arrahmaniac.blogspot.in/2005/07/thiruvasagam-in-symphony.html

that guy has been anti-IR for many years now, thats okay. But, when he cannot understand the impact of TiS and belittles Raja's magnum opus (if I may), he has no right to talk about IR fan's 'negativity'

vicks

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:02 am

last noteworthy i heard of rahman was magudi. previously mausham from slumdog. he is known for looping fastbeat sounds. thats about it. nothing else. not really compose anything. its hilarious. ilayaraja provided a perfect jazz in mumbai express. then mixed albums came. like dhoni had guitars. azhaghar samy etc. came with guitars oboe etc. suddenly rahman wokeup and immitated that in kadal. trying to compose with melody guitars. then ilayaraja switched to perfect symphony style in nepv megha and OA. guess what. the 1 song released for kochadaiyan was ear irritating noice (not even sound Laughing) trying to mimic symphony. rahman is basically now trying to do catchup game with ilayaraja trending style and fails big time. poor spb has rendered the song. someone wrote about kochadaiyan song (one of his fans) that so sad that it is not his style of music Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad and also doubted with funny graphics and confused noise how the movie will be!. anyways let me stop her as this blog is about ilayaraja but i was noticing since ilayaraja experiments new style like jazz, real guitars, symphony..i see rahman trying to catchup game. let us see all others do the same. trying to some symphony and end up just noise

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Welcome to the forum irfan123!

Kindly discuss ARR's albums / scores in the following location:
https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t135-discussions-on-arr

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Tribute in EU

The concert, to be held at Framingham's O'Keefe Technical School on October 19th, is a musical tribute to Ilaiyaraja, one of India's foremost composers, and the culmination of months of dedicated practice on the part of the singers and musicians.
The Man: Isaignani Ilaiyaraja is a man who wears the different hats of composer, instrumentalist, conductor, singer and songwriter, with consummate ease. A gold medalist in classical guitar from the Trinity College of Music in London, he successfully integrated western classical music and Tamil folk songs in his compositions which number over 4500 in Tamil (mostly), Telugu, Malayalam, Hindi, Kannada and Marathi. He has scored the background music for over 900 films, and has won three National Awards for his compositions and one for background score, apart from numerous state awards and the Sangeet Natak Academy Award.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Shank Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:07 pm

app_engine, it's a group of musicians who are doing an IR show. I know a few of them from that group who used to perform for a band named Saptaswar. Similarly, there are some really good musicians from New Jersey who recently performed an IR show that could rival established bands like Lakshman Sruthi in execution. BTW, this concert is happening in Massachusetts (Not sure why the link said "Tribute in EU").

app_engine wrote: Tribute in EU

The concert, to be held at Framingham's O'Keefe Technical School on October 19th, is a musical tribute to Ilaiyaraja, one of India's foremost composers, and the culmination of months of dedicated practice on the part of the singers and musicians.
The Man: Isaignani Ilaiyaraja is a man who wears the different hats of composer, instrumentalist, conductor, singer and songwriter, with consummate ease. A gold medalist in classical guitar from the Trinity College of Music in London, he successfully integrated western classical music and Tamil folk songs in his compositions which number over 4500 in Tamil (mostly), Telugu, Malayalam, Hindi, Kannada and Marathi. He has scored the background music for over 900 films, and has won three National Awards for his compositions and one for background score, apart from numerous state awards and the Sangeet Natak Academy Award.

Shank

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Shank wrote: BTW, this concert is happening in Massachusetts (Not sure why the link said "Tribute in EU").
Embarassed
My miss Embarassed

I saw it in some "England" blog and thus assumed as EU.
Sorry!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:56 pm

radio vaga..... enna paatu endru theiryamal... IR songs.. NIce experience.......

http://www.southradios.com/ilayaraja-lite-radio.html

http://www.southradios.com/ilayaraja-radio.html

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:36 am

Old video which some of you might have seen. Fascinating stuff!!

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:01 am

fring151 wrote:Old video which some of you might have seen. Fascinating stuff!!

கண்ணை மூடினால் பார்வை மூடுமா? பார்வை என்பது, கண்ணில் இல்லையே... How on the spot? Only Raaja fossible.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:45 am

Found this cool video of an American Guitar teacher breaking down the chords of Neethane enthan pon vasantham (the song - probably for some Tam students) - can clearly see the arrangements often pleasantly surprise him as he plays along and figures out stuff..Smile . As a guitarist, this video is very interesting to me because of the way he tunes it in a different way to simplify the fingerings for the chords and the chromatic lines, but I am sure others will like it too.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:24 pm

Seems to have been 'converted' too.   It's interesting to watch him shake his head at the changes in the track.   Very revealing, actually, how many adjustments he had to make just to play the guitar chords to the song.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:59 pm

very nice.......  acutal sound ai produce seidha vidham. amazing............. vishayathai solli kondae vasichadhu. really Great..............

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  MH Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:18 pm

In the previous video, raja sir says only at age of 27 he came to know C major chord.No words to explain how hard this man has tried to learn music and the result of the hard work is the ease at which he created and still creates compositions.

MH

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:26 pm

crimson king wrote:Seems to have been 'converted' too.   It's interesting to watch him shake his head at the changes in the track.   Very revealing, actually, how many adjustments he had to make just to play the guitar chords to the song.
Haha..ya...'converted' only..have noticed of late that there are comments by Americans/other nationalities on many IR songs on youtube...wonder how!

Btw, why would IR use an alternate tuning, play with the capo and all that...why not play in standard tuning - he seems to do this it in many songs. If I remember right, I saw Sada put the capo on in one if the live concerts for En iniya pon nilAve? It is usually used when one consciously tries to compose in a key where the singer is comfortable, but which might not necessarily be a comfortable key on the guitar for playing open strings etc....so much for sadism!!

Also on youtube, this popped up in my recommendations. Violin Vicky playing Kadhal oviyam. I think he has nailed the D major 7th chord chord in the line 'Thendralile midhanthu varum then malare". What I have been playing so far is slightly different, but this is probably better/more accurate. Also Prasanna mentioned this as the song that taught him Major 7th chords. See the uploader comments - there are six chord changes in that one line. Goodness gracious me!!

Easwar wrote:In the previous video, raja sir says only at age of 27 he came to know C major chord.No words to explain how hard this man has tried to learn music and the result of the hard work is the ease at which he created and still creates compositions.
Lest we take that seriously, he clarifies that he had been playing it before without knowing what it was called...That video was lovely..very revealing...No newspapers/TV for 35 years..LOL. No wonder he has been able to stay sane despite all the badmouthing from various quarters.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:21 am

crimson king wrote:Very revealing, actually, how many adjustments he had to make just to play the guitar chords to the song.
Indeed. Many songs which are easy on the ears are in fact not so 'easy' once you pay attention to the harmony. Kadhal Oviyam - such a 'simple', pleasant sounding melody..and six distinct chords in one line?? Steely Dan would be impressed, surely.

P.S: For the nth time, I have to wonder, how can a person create something like this spontaneously - and moreover without any great effort?

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next