Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1

+44
nambik
Kr
ravinat
crimson king
dilbert
kaarigan
D22_Malar
writeface
Drunkenmunk
crvenky
Punnaimaran
fring151
endrum_raja
rajkumarc
layman10
MumbaiRamki
kamalaakarsh
Usha
mavurundai
Raaga_Suresh
vicks
Sanjeevi
balachidambaram
raajarasigan
mythila
groucho070
irir123
SenthilVinu
kiru
sheepChase
Wizzy
Sakalakala Vallavar
Bala (Karthik)
sagi
skr
kv
kameshratnam
plum
jaiganesh
Admin
Joe
V_S
app_engine
48 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1 - Page 10 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1

Post  balachidambaram Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:37 pm

V_S wrote:
rajafan,
Please do write often. Your review is very inspiring. Very Happy As I said to Suresh ji earlier as he was also of similar opinion like yours, it is time I put some time to listen to GG again.

Few years before i was in the same mentality of listening to couple of times and thinking another nothing album from raja. Now after lots and lots of raja and well and truly surrendered to him i cant discount any album or even any song for that matter. It has nothing to do with being a HC fan which i am..
What i have realized is that one thing that is guaranteed from Raja is that there is no single song from him without a concept, a thought process.He is not about the tunes and melody lines alone which is usually what we are quick to warm up in a song. He is about exploring a tune and providing a composition around the melody line which is woven like magic.
He is also so true to the genre. He mostly tries to stick to the genre sensibility whether you like it or not. Most of the people who dislike GG is either because of genre sensibility issues or synth usage or tunes per say. But if you remove all that out and observe the composition it is just pure raja at his work. The same is the case with say ponnar shankar, Thandavakone, sneha veedu etc.

balachidambaram

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1 - Page 10 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 1

Post  jaiganesh Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:00 pm

skr wrote:Jai ,
Wow that was really nicely played Smile
Only a few small areas for her to take care of ..
During Charanam at 01:08 , she plays it as Ma1 Pa Ni3 Ni3 Sa Sa Sa , actually it should be Ma1 Pa Ni2 Ni2 Ni3 Ni3 Sa
(ie as per western notations should be F G Bflat Bflat B B C)
And the last part from 01:30 , these should be the notes Eflat D C , B C Bflat Bflat A A G , Aflat G F E , E F Bflat G F Eflat D C B (B alone in lower octave)
The last part notes are pretty confusing , she has done a great job of playing this tough song Smile

Thanks very much for the comment!!
I will take the correction and next time we will improve on this. We took two days for this and end of first day she was tired and at the edge of 'Cant do this' and I was like "Ok if you think you wanna do chinna chinna aasai, google google.' - Next day morning she remembered a trick she learnt while playing a song called "Andantino" - and used it to cheat a little - because her hand positions in the upper scale were hurting her when she tried to come back to the lower scale at the end of the charanam tune - That was soo tough.. Need to see if the notations you have provided can help her in doing that climb down in a easy way..
BTW - what i felt is that one can spend an entire life time learning to play this tune.
Our next goal is to add interludes to the performance.. Lets see..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:44 pm

Bharathiraja has pulled off a coup or what? Raaja, Mani saar in the same stage. And almost everybody from thamizh cinema. Vairamuth varuvaaraa?

https://twitter.com/Jananibraja/status/291599021288607744/photo/1/large

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Nerd wrote:Vairamuth varuvaaraa?

லிஸ்ட்டில் பேரைக் காணோமே?

BTW, the venue is மதுரை அரசரடி Smile

Not just MR - KBR, BM, Mahendran...என்னய்யா நடக்குது இங்கே? பிரகாசுக்கு பிரகாசமான நேரம்!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:50 pm

வைரமுத்து அசிங்கப்பட்டார் Very Happy

இது பாரதிராஜாவின் அரசீற்றமோ என்னமோ..

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:40 am

jaiganesh wrote:Nothing about Ilaiyaraaja - but because of Raaja..
Here is the youtube link to my daughter performing "Thumbee vaa" in a talent show in our local hindu temple (Des Moines, IA).

I am a proud dad and thanks to Raaja.
To music experts - little help required in teaching her the final portions and also need the score sheet for interludes. I used the
score sheet from http://raagadevan.blogspot.com/2008/11/thumbi-vaa.html for this.
and thanks to raagadevan blog for this.
Congratulations to your daughter Jai. cheers Nicely done, Pramaadham! The tune is such that we can keep on learn, yet will find out something new. Congratulations to you as well for all the hard work. Please keep up the passion. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 pm

chummA oru jolly-kku

A post on a microblogging site by STR has kickstarted a controversy in Kollywood.

‘Than the recent big tamil movie audio kumki songs r 2000 times better!!! Why cant these so called big people deliver some gud stuff ????’ wrote Simbu.

While some say that he is targeting at the songs of A R Rahman’s Kadal, others say he was talking about the songs of Neethane En Ponvasantham, which were composed by Ilayaraja.

lol!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:53 pm

thatstamil interpretation of IR releasing a GVP audio

பாரதிராஜா இயக்கத்தில் உருவாகியுள்ள அன்னக் கொடியும் கொடிவீரனும் படத்தின் இசை வெளியீட்டு விழா மதுரையில் நடக்கிறது.

இந்தப்படத்துக்கு தான் இசையமைக்காவிட்டாலும் தன் நண்பன் பாரதிராஜாவுக்காக, விழாவுக்கு தலைமை ஏற்க ஒப்புக் கொண்டுள்ளார் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா.

தான் இசையமைக்காவிட்டாலும், நட்புக்கு மரியாதை கொடுத்து இசைஞானி இளையராஜா சமீபத்தில் கமல் பட விழாவில் பங்கேற்று இசை வெளியிட்டார். இப்போது அதே மரியாதையை தன் இன்னொரு நண்பர் பாரதிராஜாவுக்கும் செய்கிறார்!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  skr Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:47 am

Jai ,
Your hands get juxtaposed when you try playing the song and as a little girl i could very well understand the difficulty..
But , continue to egg her on and with practise she will be able to do better..
Its always a pleasure trying or even attempting Raaja songs Smile

skr

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:19 pm

prolly we need a section to put all avlbl score sheets
of raaja songs/themes.
i asked her to play ur correction.
with some effort she was able to play it.
we felt happier!
thx skrji.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Good idea Jai.We'll start a separate section for it. It is one of our duties. ScoresheetslAm gunA collect paNNanum. That should be enough for IR's music to live for centuries.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:29 pm

rajafan wrote:

Few years before i was in the same mentality of listening to couple of times and thinking another nothing album from raja. Now after lots and lots of raja and well and truly surrendered to him i cant discount any album or even any song for that matter. It has nothing to do with being a HC fan which i am..
What i have realized is that one thing that is guaranteed from Raja is that there is no single song from him without a concept, a thought process.He is not about the tunes and melody lines alone which is usually what we are quick to warm up in a song. He is about exploring a tune and providing a composition around the melody line which is woven like magic.
He is also so true to the genre. He mostly tries to stick to the genre sensibility whether you like it or not. Most of the people who dislike GG is either because of genre sensibility issues or synth usage or tunes per say. But if you remove all that out and observe the composition it is just pure raja at his work. The same is the case with say ponnar shankar, Thandavakone, sneha veedu etc.

Very true words. Here is what I wrote about 'Gundello Godari':

http://onlyraja.wordpress.com/2012/11/08/gundallo-godari-a-review/

The title song and 'ninu naatho' are still in loop

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  balachidambaram Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Raaga_Suresh wrote:

Very true words. Here is what I wrote about 'Gundello Godari':
http://onlyraja.wordpress.com/2012/11/08/gundallo-godari-a-review/

The title song and 'ninu naatho' are still in loop

Great Review Sureshji..Particularly liked this line
If the theme of NEPV was ‘New DIrections’, the theme of ‘Puthiya Teerangal’ was ‘Melody’, the theme of ‘Gundello Godari’ is ‘High Energy’

GG is about energy..after a long time probably a raja album is full of Pep.

balachidambaram

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:56 pm

ToI report of the launch of audio for BR movie AKKV

The invitation had MR's name but the report doesn't talk about him. So, there was no MR-IR sharing stage Rolling Eyes

Well, the usual BR-IR luvs once again. (un ammA en ammA, appadi enakku reNdu ammA etc)

I don't know whether it's the reporter adding masAlA but I'm quite irritated with the word 'genius' Shocked :

It was Ilayaraja who released the audio of the film. G V Prakash, who had composed the music for the film prostrated in front of Ilayaraja and received his blessings. He was more than overjoyed when Ilayaraja said that Prakash was a musical genius and would scale great heights.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 pm

viRuviRuppu report on AKKV

Why BR is doing this "mottai gOpuram" uLaRal Sad

There was no VM when the IR-BR combo made it really very big in the industry with all those fantastic 4 silver jubilee hits in a row!

முன்னதாக இளையராஜா விழா அரங்கத்திற்குள் நுழையும்போது மொத்த கூட்டமும் எழுந்து நிற்க, இதை தனது உரையில் குறிப்பிட்ட பாரதிராஜா, “பார்த்தியா… நான் வரும்போது யாராவது எழுந்திருச்சாங்களா? ஆனா நீ வரும்போதுதான் எழுந்திருக்கிறாங்க” என்று கூறத் தவறவில்லை.

ஆனால், இளையராஜா இறுதிவரை பாரதிராஜாவின் ‘இணைப்பு அழைப்பு’ பற்றி வாயே திறக்கவில்லை.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:31 pm

A blogger is doing copy/paste from a book by Vali ("vAliba vAli" it seems Laughing )

Part 1:

http://apdipodu.blogspot.com/2013/01/1_13.html

இளையராஜா முதல் ஐந்து, ஆறு படங்களுக்குள்ளேயே தன்னால் எல்லாவிதமான இசையையும், கொண்டு வந்தார். உதாரணமாக, ‘மச்சானைப் பார்த்தீங்களா’, ‘சின்னக் கண்ணன் அழைக்கின்றான்’ பாடல்கள் பட்டி தொட்டி எல்லாம் பரவின. ரீதிகௌளை ராகத்தில் சின்னக்கண்ணன் அழைக்கின்றான் பாடலை இசையமைத்துப் பிரமிக்க வைத்தார். சிகப்பு ரோஜாக்கள் வந்த பிறகு தன்னை முழுமையாக மாற்றிக்கொண்டார். வெஸ்டர்ன் மியூசிக்கில் அவர் ரீ-ரெகார்டிங் எல்லாம் இருந்தது.

இளையராஜாகிட்ட இருக்கிற ஓர் உயரிய குணம் என்னன்னா எதையும் கஷ்டப்பட்டு முழுமையாகக் கற்றுக் கொள்ள வேண்டும் என்று நினைப்பார். இளையராஜா காலைல 4 மணிக்கு எழுந்திருப்பார். கோபாலகிருஷ்ணன்கிட்ட கிளாசிக் மியூசிக் கத்துகிட்டார். 5.30 மணிக்கு சம்ஸ்கிருதம் கற்றுக் கொள்ள வகுப்பிற்குச் செல்வார். இப்படிக் கஷ்டப்பட்டு முன்னுக்கு வந்தவர்தான் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா.

Part 2:

http://apdipodu.blogspot.com/2013/01/2_20.html

அபிஷேக நேரத்தில் அம்பாளைத் தரிசிக்க’னு இன்னொரு பாட்டு. அதில் ராஜாவோட வர்ணமெட்டுல அசந்தேன்னா சரணத்தில் சிம்மேந்திர மத்திமம் பேசும். அந்த ராகத்தினுடைய சகல பாவங்களும் சரணம் முழுக்க இருக்கும். அந்தப் பாட்டு ‘ஹிட்’ ஆச்சி. என்னால மறக்க முடியாத பாட்டு அது.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:33 am

News from nakkeeran, a few days old...

ரீமிக்ஸ்' முறையில், பாடலின் உண்மை தன்மை, பாதிக் கப்படுகிறது. அந்த குறையை போக்கும் விதமாக, இளையராஜாவின் பழைய பாடல்களை அதே இசையில் டி.டி.எஸ்.,' முறையில் ஒலி மாற்றம் செய்து, முதன் முறையாக விற்பனைக்கு கொண்டுவந்துள்ளனர்.

வெளியாகி உள்ள நான்கு ஆடியோ "சிடி'களும், "5 டிராக்' மற்றும் "2 டிராக்' என, இரு வடிவங்களில் வெளியாகியுள்ளன. 14 பாடல்கள் கொண்ட ஒரு "சிடி'யின் விலை ரூ.125. மதுரையில் விற்பனைக்கு வந்த ஒரு வாரத்தில், பெரும்பாலான "சிடி'கள் விற்பனையாகியுள்ளன.

மதுரை கீஷ்டுகானம் உரிமையாளர் துளசிராம் , ’’இன்ஜினியர் இளையராஜா முத்துசாமி என்பவர், கடும் முயற்சிக்கு பின், இந்த வடிவத்தில் தயாரித்துள்ளார். தற்போதைய தலைமுறை, "டி.டி.எஸ்.,' ஒலியை விரும்புவதால், வந்த வேகத்தில், "சிடி'கள் விற்பனையாகி வருகின்றன’’ என்கிறார்.

Did any of our members get this or get a chance to try this?

4 audio CDs with 56 songs (14 each)...what are those songs?

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:00 am

app_engine wrote:News from nakkeeran, a few days old...

ரீமிக்ஸ்' முறையில், பாடலின் உண்மை தன்மை, பாதிக் கப்படுகிறது. அந்த குறையை போக்கும் விதமாக, இளையராஜாவின் பழைய பாடல்களை அதே இசையில் டி.டி.எஸ்.,' முறையில் ஒலி மாற்றம் செய்து, முதன் முறையாக விற்பனைக்கு கொண்டுவந்துள்ளனர்.

வெளியாகி உள்ள நான்கு ஆடியோ "சிடி'களும், "5 டிராக்' மற்றும் "2 டிராக்' என, இரு வடிவங்களில் வெளியாகியுள்ளன. 14 பாடல்கள் கொண்ட ஒரு "சிடி'யின் விலை ரூ.125. மதுரையில் விற்பனைக்கு வந்த ஒரு வாரத்தில், பெரும்பாலான "சிடி'கள் விற்பனையாகியுள்ளன.

மதுரை கீஷ்டுகானம் உரிமையாளர் துளசிராம் , ’’இன்ஜினியர் இளையராஜா முத்துசாமி என்பவர், கடும் முயற்சிக்கு பின், இந்த வடிவத்தில் தயாரித்துள்ளார். தற்போதைய தலைமுறை, "டி.டி.எஸ்.,' ஒலியை விரும்புவதால், வந்த வேகத்தில், "சிடி'கள் விற்பனையாகி வருகின்றன’’ என்கிறார்.

Did any of our members get this or get a chance to try this?

4 audio CDs with 56 songs (14 each)...what are those songs?

going by the version released on the net, I don't find much of a difference, they should have tried remastering tracks from OSTs like Nandu/Raaja Paarvai which suffers from massive artifacts.

CD1 - http://www.host4desi.com/y7nggtb6dtob

CD2 - http://www.host4desi.com/5ljpg4d9r54m

CD3 - http://www.host4desi.com/c7ww0vphaah0

Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:44 pm

Thanks wizzy, so much. The time/money you spent on it.

As you said, there's no difference. Conveniently choosing songs that are already well produced with Stereo sound back then. What about all those non-stereo stuff IR have out there. Who's going to remaster them and produce some CDs, put some price tag on them and fucking profit from it? Anyone? I remember, few years back, listening to one where they just slapped some original percussion and some synth stuff over the non-Stereo works of IR. It was fucking insulting.

If you guys (not you members of this forum, if you know what I mean) got the means and budget, take the original compositions and try to digitise them, and at least, at least, make them stereophonic (you need history lesson lesson to know what that means, yeah it's that stuff, go to your enlightenment centre, wikipedia), and then do your some dts shit or another. VanthutAngga.

....again wizzy, thanks for those links.

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one." - Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood in Dead Pool)
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  mavurundai Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:45 am

A guitar lesson on the original neethAnE en ponvasantham

mavurundai

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:21 am

nanRi wizzy, for those links!

Like mentioned, these are songs that had been generally available in OK quality already. And, I don't see much difference in these versions.

Great find, mavurundai!

That channel seems to have many youtube guitar lessons (iLaya nilA is there too):

https://www.youtube.com/user/fascers/videos?view=0

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:31 am

kannula thanni vandhuch

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:55 am

Wow! That was amazing! Thanks a lot mavurundai. Intha maathiri yaaraavathu sonna antha song'a innum rasikka mudiyuthu. Mad guitar that was from Maestro!

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:58 am

Thanks a lot wizzy!

Back to top Go down

Post  mavurundai Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:13 am

Look at his reaction at the 7.01 mark Very Happy That explains it!

mavurundai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next