Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamil Film News

+8
Sridhar
groucho070
jaiganesh
rajkumarc
V_S
sagi
plum
app_engine
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tamil Film News - Page 3 Empty Re: Tamil Film News

Post  app_engine Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Not sure about the credibility of this website, but some news nevertheless

இத்தனை வயசுக்கப்புறம் பொண்டாட்டி புள்ளைங்களை விட்டுட்டு பேத்தி வயசு இருக்கிற ஒரு பொண்ணோட தனிக்குடித்தனம் இருக்காரு கங்கை அமரன். அவரே இப்படி இருக்கிறப்ப அவரோட பசங்க எப்படி இருப்பாங்க?

ஒ...! அதனால்தான் புள்ளைங்க குட்டிபுட்டின்னு அலையுதா?

நல்ல ஃ பேமிலிடா சாமி!

Unfortunately, the gossip article has Ilayaraja name in the title and thus came up in my search
Embarassed
Embarassed
Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:26 pm

Not necessarily 'news' but an elaborate profile on Vikram by Baradwaj Rangan.  Very well written, please don't miss the last para of the 7 part article.  

http://www.caravanmagazine.in/arts/man-steel?page=0,0

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:22 pm

Aish is "villi" in MR movie it seems

There had been rumors that MR is planning a movie based on ponniyin selvan and the same will have Mahesh Babu / Vikram in main roles. (Telugu / Thamizh multilingual).

Now, this news report says Sruthi Hasan is getting signed up along with Aish as villi.

My guess, Aish doing the PS "Nandhini" role Smile

Very good choice!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:45 pm

TF field becoming secular

After the Yuvan-faith-change news, another one :

டைரக்டர் டி.ராஜேந்தரின் மகள் இலக்கியா எம்.பி.ஏ., பட்டம் பெற்றவர். இவருக்கும் அபிலாஷ் சிங்கப்பூருக்கும் சென்னையில் உள்ள ‘லீலா பேலஸ்’ நட்சத்திர ஓட்டலில் கிறிஸ்தவ முறைப்படி நேற்று திருமணம் நடந்தது.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:20 pm

Dragging rAsA's religious inclinations in this news report is unfunny

Yuvan's first Ramadan...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:13 pm

தொடர் தோல்விகள் ஒரு கலைஞனை எப்படியெல்லாம் உளவியல் ரீதியில் பாதிக்கும் என்பதற்கு மணிரத்னம் தற்போதைய உதாரணம்.

இந்த செய்தியைப் பார்த்தால் பாவமாக இருக்கிறது - 'எப்படி இருந்த நான்...':

http://www.indiaglitz.com/-nbsp-nbsp-read-full-story-raquo--hindi-news-112672

Mani Ratnam his one director whose films create a huge buzz right from the day of the announcement. The expectations do not die down, despite the fact that the director has not churned out a commercial super hit after ‘Guru’ that released in 2007.
After the 2013 film ‘Kadal’ that ended up as commercial disaster Mani Ratnam seems to have decided to give a commercially viable project and make it a super hit. Earlier it was said that the director will be making a direct Telugu film with Mahesh Babu and Nagarjuna and the film will also release in Tamil. Now the project seems to have been put at the back burner and the director has started working on a romantic flick on the lines of ‘Alaipayuthe.’
Last week reports emerged stating that the director has spoken with Dulquer Salman and Alia Bhat to star in the lead roles n the film and P.C.Sreeram will be cranking the camera.

Now unconfirmed sources reveal that the veteran director is planning to remake his 1986 blockbuster film ‘Moun Ragam’. Dulquer will be playing the extended cameo role played by Karthik in the original. It is one of the highly admired roles in the history of Tamil cinema. Alia will be playing Revathy’s role while Nivin Pauly of ‘Neram’ fame will be playing Mohan’s role which will have more screen space.
While ‘Isaignani’ Ilaiyaraja scored music for the original, Mani’s current favorite A.R.Rahman will be scoring music for the remake. With Dulquer, Alia and Nivin Paul in lead roles Mani Ratnam plans to release the film big in Bollywood and Malayalam film industries besides Tamil and Telugu.
However the news about ‘Mouna Ragam’ remake is yet to be confirmed by official sources.

பார்த்து சார் - மருத்துவ உதவி தேவைப்படலாம்!

Embarassed
(One gets reminded of his bro)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:16 pm

OTOH, this BR guy is a hard nut Smile

http://www.indiaglitz.com/septuagenarian-bharathirajas-future-plans-tamil-news-112682

In an interview he has said that he will be launching his next film soon.

Speaking about the film he said, the film will be about the relationship between a grandfather and grandson. Bharathiraja is also likely to act in this film, perhaps in the lead role. Part of the film will be shot in London.  The film will have a musical score by Yuvan Shankar Raja who will get to work with the director for the first time. It is to be noted that Bharathiraja and Yuvan’s father Maestro Ilaiyaraja formed one of the most successful and path breaking combinations ever existed in the history of Tamil cinema.

After this film Bharathiraja is planning on a sequel for the Kamalhaasan starrer super hit thriller film ‘Sigappu Rojakkal’ that he directed in late 1970s. The veteran is planning to launch his son Manoj as a director with this sequel.

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:46 pm

app_engine wrote:தொடர் தோல்விகள் ஒரு கலைஞனை எப்படியெல்லாம் உளவியல் ரீதியில் பாதிக்கும் என்பதற்கு மணிரத்னம் தற்போதைய உதாரணம்.

இந்த செய்தியைப் பார்த்தால் பாவமாக இருக்கிறது - 'எப்படி இருந்த நான்...':

http://www.indiaglitz.com/-nbsp-nbsp-read-full-story-raquo--hindi-news-112672

Mani Ratnam his one director whose films create a huge buzz right from the day of the announcement. The expectations do not die down, despite the fact that the director has not churned out a commercial super hit after ‘Guru’ that released in 2007.
After the 2013 film ‘Kadal’ that ended up as commercial disaster Mani Ratnam seems to have decided to give a commercially viable project and make it a super hit. Earlier it was said that the director will be making a direct Telugu film with Mahesh Babu and Nagarjuna and the film will also release in Tamil. Now the project seems to have been put at the back burner and the director has started working on a romantic flick on the lines of ‘Alaipayuthe.’
Last week reports emerged stating that the director has spoken with Dulquer Salman and Alia Bhat to star in the lead roles n the film and P.C.Sreeram will be cranking the camera.

Now unconfirmed sources reveal that the veteran director is planning to remake his 1986 blockbuster film ‘Moun Ragam’. Dulquer will be playing the extended cameo role played by Karthik in the original. It is one of the highly admired roles in the history of Tamil cinema. Alia will be playing Revathy’s role while Nivin Pauly of ‘Neram’ fame will be playing Mohan’s role which will have more screen space.
While ‘Isaignani’ Ilaiyaraja scored music for the original, Mani’s current favorite A.R.Rahman will be scoring music for the remake. With Dulquer, Alia and Nivin Paul in lead roles Mani Ratnam plans to release the film big in Bollywood and Malayalam film industries besides Tamil and Telugu.
However the news about ‘Mouna Ragam’ remake is yet to be confirmed by official sources.

பார்த்து சார் - மருத்துவ உதவி தேவைப்படலாம்!

Embarassed
(One gets reminded of his bro)

I'll take what Indiaglitz says with a pinch of salt. Mani in his recent book with Rangan said Mouna Ragam's Karthik character was an add on and did not exist in the initial screenplay draft. It was added because he needed a justification in 1986 (relatively conservative times) for a woman to be unhappy with an arranged marriage. That turned out to be the film's USP. In today's clime, remaking it and justifying an uneasy arranged marriage is mildly (majorly if you ask me) outdated. So unless he redrafts his screenplay, it won't work. And if he does, Karthik and Revathi's half an hour, one of the breeziest urban romances ever (angayum ippo yoschu paatha depth kammi dhaan), will not be the same. And who can justify Revathi and Karthik? And I'm not even starting on the music. Recipe for disaster IMO if he goes through with this.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:48 pm

DM,
I guess MR itself was some kind of re-adpatation of NK, which was far advanced for 1980 - i.e. 6 years earlier - if one goes by the so-called 1986 conservatism Smile

May be Mani is planning to repackage NK in a current format, which could essentially work - regardless of time period, as the theme is simple and universal - woman trying to get out of an unhappy marriage. Actually, even in a 50% divorce-rate society like U.S., with the right setting and treatment, such story could work.

IMHO, the script will not be a problem at all.  (That is, for a competent and confident director).

OTOH, the problems are multifold for Mani.

The first and foremost thing appears to be loss of self-confidence. (Why would such a once-successful-director keep jumping trees like a monkey now? pooniyil selvan in Telugu'ngRAr. Then, alai pAyudhE. Then, love story. Now, mouna rAgam. That's pure jitteriness. Phobia. Stress. Such are indications of depression / nirAsha)

Equally important factor is lack of team that can work with correct sensibilities.

Though he tasted some success with VM-ARR for a couple of "music-video-mass-appeal" kind of projects, the success rate had been below-average if one looks at the overall count. In addition, such music-video-movies have proved to be disasters in recent years, despite all the hype / media promotions / polishing / shocking etc. (rAvaNan / kadal) 

So, he needs someone who can provide music / lyrics that jell with the theme and enhances the content, not stand-alone stuff.

Much similar case is dialogs. (Lot had been written about rAvaNan / kadal comedies though I have not watched these movies. People used to make fun of his one-word-kind-of-dialogs from dhaLapathi etc. The recent ones have proved to be more comical it appears).

Actually, instead of providing "slick-packaging" kind of feel, Mani needs a team that can make the movie truly connect with people's inner sensibilities.

For that, the first thing he needs to do is MOVE AWAY from VM-ARR, who boast of working hard to polish / shock etc for hit songs' sake but with zero life in them for the movie.

And sign-up newbies (i.e. if he cannot get IR).

That would be a great start!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Hmm. I'd quite look forward if he were going with ARR too. But fair point on Mouna Ragam's theme of failed love hence not interested in marriage being universal. But not sure if this would work because we've seen it already. Yes, MR is a kind of rework of NK Smile And matching Revathi and Karthik? Tuffmatch. But these are Indiaglitz reports. Won't trust them unless official word comes in. We are assuming stuff based on some tabloid sites Razz Anyway, I've slowly moved away from the Mani style of movies too over the years. Oru maari 90s'la vaLandhadhOda nostalogy dhaan irukku with his films Razz
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:16 pm

I agree we shouldn't read too much into tabloid reports.

However, there had been many other sites that reported the Mahesh Babu - Ponniyin selvan thingy and other MR attempts that didn't come to fruition.

That is definitely not a good sign.

Also, agree that any news like "remake of mounarAgam" will mean disaster.
(Even if it's repackaging, they should promote it as some new movie and not a rehash. Any reference to the old will kill any of its prospects by sheer comparison psyche among public.)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:30 pm

BTW, if at all MR ends up remaking mounarAgam, I will be very happy!

Why?

It will simply prove that such directors are no match to rAsA who continues to provide NEW and ORIGINAL scores after 1000 movies!

Genius Wink

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:23 pm

Dhanush

Shamitabh actor Dhanush is very busy with the promotional activities of the upcoming movie and apart from this actor has been noticed under discussion in relation to his latest deal with soft drink brand 7up.

As per the latest updates, Dhanush has been appointed as the new brand ambassador for popular brand 7up with a new campaign “Tu Up Toh Duniya Up.”

In relation to this Ruchira Jaitly (senior director, Marketing, Social Beverages, PepsiCo India) said “We are thrilled about our association with Dhanush as he embodies the spirit of our brand inherently,”

On the other hand actor Dhanush seems very happy with this and he said “We all change ourselves to suit the usual norms but I am glad that this campaign encourages people not to lose their original self to celebrate their authentic self.”

He added, “interesting and exciting campaign”.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat May 02, 2015 12:04 am

Ascar

Is it "I" effect?

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Sat May 02, 2015 7:23 am

app_engine wrote: Ascar

Is it "I" effect?
absolutely.. doubt verayaa?

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Thu May 07, 2015 8:28 am

Didn't "I" make money? I thought this japthi debacle was due to the unreleased movies - Vishwaroopam2 and Boologam.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:30 pm

Chinmayi & "thala" fans

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:49 pm

It is often sadness that hits people who make others laugh

நகைச்சுவை நடிகர் விவேக்கின் மகன் பிரசன்னா(13)  மூளை காய்ச்சலால் மரணமடைந்தார்.

Very sad and heartfelt condolences Sad

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:23 pm

kalAbhavan Mani

Sad

When I saw his picture on a movie poster for the first time (at Palakkad / MF), he looked so familiar. "இவரை எங்கேயோ பார்த்திருக்கோமே' kind of appearance.

Only when reading about his obituary I'm finding that he is only 45 and was an auto driver at Chalakkudi before he became a movie artist. 

It's possible I saw him at Chalakkudi during late 80's or early 90's when I visited the small town many times. Or, may be in some mimicry programs at Palakkad fort maidan.

Poor fellow - After seeing the initial news reports yesterday, I was telling my wife "he is not even my age and how could such a healthy looking person have a chronic lung / kidney disease while acting in movies like pApanasam"...

Now it appears there's some methanol mystery Sad

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:38 pm

Film News Anandhan is no more

Perhaps the ONLY info guy (or, the best info guy) on TF!

சிறிது சிறிதாக சினிமாவின் துவக்க காலகட்டம் தொடர்பான தகவல்களையும் சேகரித்த அவர், கிட்டத்தட்ட 6,000 திரைப்படங்கள் குறித்த படங்களையும் தகவல்களையும் வைத்திருந்தார்.

2002ஆம் ஆண்டில், அவருடைய சேகரிப்புகளைப் பெற்றுக்கொண்ட தமிழக அரசு அவருக்கு நிதி உதவி அளித்தது.

அதற்கு அடுத்த ஆண்டில், தமிழ் சினிமா குறித்த புள்ளிவிவரங்களை உள்ளடக்கிய சாதனை படைத்த தமிழ் சினிமா வரலாறு என்ற புத்தகத்தை வெளியிட்டார்.

This article says he released a book in the new millennium with a lot of TF statistics (and he supposedly had data of 6000 films Shocked )

It would be interesting if the TN gov (which supposedly paid him for this data and made it people's property) hosts it somewhere for public to view.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:04 pm

Could not digest the shocking news that legendary , visionary , trend setter director Mahendran is reduced to playing a sidey role , that too in a Vijay film called
Theri". How cruel could age/time be?

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:16 pm

A C Thirulogachandar passed away

Director who got 'kaNNan oru kaikkuzhandhai, kaNgaL sindhum poonkavidhai' from IR (bathrakALi) is no more.

Likewise he got that gem 'rAjAvin pArvai rANiyin pakkam' from MSV (anbE vA)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Ambarish (acted as Sridevi's pair in Priya, married to Sumalatha) - Kannada actor passed away.

https://www.mathrubhumi.com/movies-music/features/kannada-actor-and-mp-ambarish-passed-away-article-about-ambarish-1.3339638

(That Malayalam news refers to him as "one who made Clara his own" (Clara is the character Sumalatha played in her career best film, with Mohan Lal, thoovAnaththumbikaL)

Here is his most famous Thamizh song;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdDSdRJXUog

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3