Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Song - 2012 - Tamil Film Razzies

+4
app_engine
HonestRaj
sagi
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Worst Song - 2012 - Tamil Film Razzies Empty Worst Song - 2012 - Tamil Film Razzies

Post  Admin Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:26 pm

I haven't listened to too many songs this year, so I'll leave the floor for you guys to discuss.

However, I need to get off my chest my visceral hate for kolaveRi. I fundamentally disagree with the music-making process that created it which we discussed in the previous forum. Someone smarter than me can possibly repost those discussions from "Last song" thread there.
It is wrong at so many levels.
And I am not a fan of Dhanush's misogyny - while artistically I can understand, a father of 2 daughters cannot but take offence to Dhanush's existence.(and his brother's)

Such a song becoming so popular is indicative of something deeply rotten with the world. Hence I nominate Kolaveri

Admin
Admin

https://ilayaraja.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Worst Song - 2012 - Tamil Film Razzies Empty Re: Worst Song - 2012 - Tamil Film Razzies

Post  sagi Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:13 pm

Avaththappaiyyaa - Once dhaan kEttEn but the ludes had the nail-on-blackboard effect on me. Marudiyun kEttuttu solREn..

sagi

Back to top Go down

Worst Song - 2012 - Tamil Film Razzies Empty Re: Worst Song - 2012 - Tamil Film Razzies

Post  HonestRaj Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:45 am

top in my mind..
"kaal muLaiththa poove" - Maatraan
HonestRaj
HonestRaj

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:01 pm

Admin wrote:
Such a song becoming so popular is indicative of something deeply rotten with the world. Hence I nominate Kolaveri

mannikkavum, for this very reason, I would request this song to be taken off from the list Smile

It's a spoof sArE Smile Not a regular, "real" song!

OTOH, there are songs that are as much kuppais but masquerade as classics today. kolaveRi simbly thOl-uRichchified such kuppai taste predominant in this world today. That way, it is a touch stone, urai kal, barometer, kalangarai viLakkam of the "musical taste" of not just TN but India and the whole duniyA lol!

Also, it thugil uRichchified what kind of thing gets great praise / ratings / market etc in today's world - that way it's such an eye opener as to how the youtubes, sonys, politicians, musicians etc thrive in the world today...adhaippOyi kuRai eppadi solla?

(Don't take my post as some kind of dhanush bias - though there's some political correctness in it, him being a genuine HCIRF, IMHO. yArukkuththeriyum - after all he is a good actor...also, more politics as the kuzhandhaikaL of KH-RK involved...and nuNNarasiyal such as Anirudh's song topped the charts above kadal...Those are all not the reasons for me doing a -1 here...the reason I mentioned on top is the real one...which is ivaiyellAm thANdip punithamAna kAraNam...)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Having said that, I nominate all those big hits like 'google google' 'nAnikkOni' etc that have been lapped up by TN public but are poor in musical taste and musical aesthetics!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:20 am

App,
Thoroughly concur with your views. One of your best posts. cheers Definitely it is frustrating when songs like this which does hold any value when it comes to originality, shelf life and reaching to common man but only becoming fakely popular for few days and vanishing into thin air.
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sridhar Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:56 pm

HonestRaj wrote:top in my mind..
"kaal muLaiththa poove" - Maatraan

+100 - Ennaya paatu adhu?

Also all Kalakalappu songs.
Sridhar
Sridhar

Back to top Go down

Post  Punnaimaran Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:49 am

Apart from rAsA's the only other movie songs which got registered in my mind were Kadal and Kumki. One day while waiting in the car at a signal, I thought I would hear the radio for a change instead of the usual rAsA songs. The moment I switched on the radio I had the misfortune of hearing the song "Google google" and vowed never to switch on the radio again. That songs qualifies for the worst in every department of music in my opinion.
Punnaimaran
Punnaimaran

Back to top Go down

Post  aravind.vind Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:44 am

chinna chinna natchathiram - lingaa i heard one time. The song looks melodies

aravind.vind

http://www.ticketnew.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down