Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh

+23
jayannamalai1979
karthicc
irfan123
ksnavaneeth@gmail.com
vaticanscientist
fring151
crimson king
Drunkenmunk
skr
layman10
Usha
plum
Raaga_Suresh
olichudar
jaiganesh
rajkumarc
kiru
sagi
groucho070
SenthilVinu
V_S
Wizzy
app_engine
27 posters

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Empty Re: Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh

Post  Wizzy Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:37 pm

stocked up most of the cds from Inreco records @ the recent expo, was looking around for Telugu stuff from Aditya music, tad disappointed that they sold only 90s tamil collections Neutral
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Empty Re: Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh

Post  kiru Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:53 pm

Awesome thread, I am going to use these as 'album art' with my Squeezebox music server. One day, when the gods are kind to me, a bigger print out of these will adorn the walls as posters in my dream Home Theater. Thanks folks.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:09 am

Time for a landmark 1980 deepavaLi album.

One of the most path-breaking in TFM & one of the best of IR himself Smile

I won't hesitate to call this album an IR-peak! We can debate as to whether this was Everest or not but peak of such proportions nevertheless! (Like Himalayas, rAsA has many peaks and IMHO, another peak had recently been unveiled, NEPV in 2012...again, may not be Everest but way above Doddabetta kinds)!

BTW, pAvam BR, he suffered his first disaster as a director with this nizhalgaL. (We've already seen the covers of his first four silver jubilees and the fifth NMP which was above-average. His mERpArvai one, kallukkuL eeram was a flop but he wasn't the "official" director. So, nizhalgaL was his first flop).

Four gems (idhu oru ponmAlaippozhudhu, madai thiRandhu, poongathavE, dhooraththil nAn kaNda), four lyricists (VM, Valee, GA, PA), four singers (SPB, SJ, DC, UR), four main actors featured in songs on-screen (nizhalgaL Ravi, Rohini, Rajasekar who co-directed pAlaivanachchOlai and co-cinematographed oru thalai rAgam & Chandrasekar)...

Here are the covers:

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Nizhal10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Nizhal11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:26 pm

nenjathaikkiLLAthE got posted earlier in this thread (as a dual movie combo disk with Johny)...but that website also has another set of pictures for the movie.

Those don't even list the songs or any other details, just the pics of Hasini / Mahendran and rAsA...

edhukkum irukkattum...

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Nenjat10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Nenjat11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:53 pm

This must be another very rare disk cover - remembered today only for a couple of IR songs! (I'm shocked that someone even preserved this kind of records, must be veRiththanamAna TFM fans)

orE muththam (just one kissu Laughing)

With two lovely songs - 'rAjAppoNNu adi vAdiyammA' by PJ & 'pAvaiyarkaL mAn pOlE' by SPB-SJ...

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Ore_mu10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Ore_mu11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:48 am

Superb thread app with all rare images of many unheard movies. All are Collectors item for sure and I'm already religiously updating my album artwork. Thanks App Smile

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:38 pm

rajkumarc wrote:all rare images of many unheard movies.

You're welcome, rajkumarc!

The nanRi should actually be redirected to "musicalaya.net", who are hosting all these LP covers!

They do have a lot more in Telugu which I can't read but I'm sure there're a number of IR albums Smile

We don't want to lose these images (just in case that site disappears due to some copyright issues or otherwise) and collecting 'em here.

While throwing them into the frog image hosting site (used by this forum), I'm also having the jpg's stored in a local machine...will zip them and throw into the net cloud when done (mediafire, may be).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Rest of the 1980 album covers available there continued...

The movie that kumudam described in degree of comparison as "slow, dead slow, poottAtha poottukkaL" comes next.

Directed by Mahendran & SJ the only singer credited Smile

thiraippAdal link for the album here:

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00511&lang=en

Perhaps the only album that I know of where SJ is the sole singer for all (four) songs (with some kuzhuvinar support)...I love the songs and 'Anandham Anandham nee thandhadhu' being the top pick!

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Pootta10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Pootta11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:16 pm

'magiLampoovE unnaippArththEn mayangippOnEn' is such a lovely song and I know this 'puthiya adimaikaL' movie only from that song, when it got announced in radio.

Never even seen a poster of this or know any other details about it...

Now, we have this vinyl cover Smile

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Puthiy14

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Puthiy15

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:21 pm

SJ's 'nAn dEvadhai' was a big fav with me those days. It sounded a little bit RDB-ish but with enough elements to identify itself as an IR song.

soolam, another relatively unknown movie's disk cover:

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Soolam10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Soolam11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:31 pm

When it comes to IR, even a few seconds of inspiration is sufficient for his anti-gumbal to hit it as 'copy' 'thiruttu' etc (while all others get away with similar or worse stuff...reasonings such as 'ellArumE thirudanga' 'only beats, melody original' 'could be coincidence' etc.).

One such "copy" is in this 'thaippongal' - kaN malargaLin azhaippidhazh, the original being ABBA's money-money-money (for the prelude & the first few "syllables" of the pallavi)...

The album also has the awesome 'theerththakkarai thanilE sheNbagappushpangaLE' (KJY & Jency versions) & the sweet MV-SPS duet 'pani vizhum poo nilavil'...
Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Thaipo10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Thaipo11

Last edited by app_engine on Wed May 29, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:40 pm

The last of 1980 from our current run - a phenomenal, futuristic, stylish album!

ullAsap paRavaigaL!

Perhaps one of those albums whose preludes/interludes/postludes will automatically play in one's mind as soon as the songs' names are read / heard!

'germaniyin senthEn malarE' has one of the longest preludes until that time I think!

Both the SJ solos had phenomenal orch work - while 'azhagu Ayiram' can boast of some of the best interludes ever from IR, 'nAn undhan thAyAka vENdum' had a novel rhythm arrangement which drove fans like me crazy those days!

All the songs were bass-rich and definitely synth-rich for the time period (IMO)!

Jency had that 'deiveega rAgam' which got reminisced even in the recent Vijay TV show!

Rathi Agnihotri had it big those days - doing biggie movies with both KH & RK!

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Ullasa10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Ullasa11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Now that the mercurial year 1980 is done (well, for the present only these images located) and that V_Sji has given the option of links to individual posts, let me do a summarising of the 57 movies we have posted so far, with their links:

அன்னக்கிளி
பத்ரகாளி

கவிக்குயில்
தீபம்

16 வயதினிலே
அவள் அப்படித்தான்
காற்றினிலே வரும் கீதம்
கிழக்கே போகும் ரயில்
சட்டம் என் கையில்
சிகப்பு ரோஜாக்கள்
சிட்டுக்குருவி
திரிபுரசுந்தரி
திருக்கல்யாணம்
ப்ரியா
பைரவி
முள்ளும் மலரும்

அகல் விளக்கு
அழகே உன்னை ஆராதிக்கிறேன்
ஆறிலிருந்து அறுபது வரை
உதிரிப்பூக்கள்
கடவுள் அமைத்த மேடை
கல்யாணராமன்
கவரிமான்
சக்களத்தி
சொன்னது நீ தானா?
தர்மயுத்தம்
நல்லதொரு குடும்பம்
நான் வாழ வைப்பேன்
நிறம் மாறாத பூக்கள்
பகலில் ஒரு இரவு
பட்டாக்கத்தி பைரவன்
புதிய வார்ப்புகள்
பூந்தளிர்
பொண்ணு ஊருக்கு புதுசு
ரோசாப்பூ ரவிக்கைக்காரி
லட்சுமி

அன்புக்கு நான் அடிமை
இதயத்தில் ஓர் இடம்
இளமை கோலம்
உல்லாசப்பறவைகள்
ஒரே முத்தம்
கண்ணில் தெரியும் கதைகள்
கரும்பு வில்
கல்லுக்குள் ஈரம்
காளி
கிராமத்து அத்தியாயம்
குரு
சூலம்
தைப்பொங்கல்
நான் போட்ட சவால்
நிழல்கள்
நெஞ்சத்தைக்கிள்ளாதே
புதிய அடிமைகள்
பூட்டாத பூட்டுக்கள்
முரட்டுக்காளை
மூடுபனி
ஜானி

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Starting 1981...

The first vinyl disk by Polydor for IR (possibly for TFM) was 'alaigaL Oyvathillai', the BR venture produced by Pavalar creations (Pavalar was IR's eldest brother...the official producer was R D Bhaskar, rAsA's elder brother).

Per news bits I've read before, Thiyagarajan was country manager or something like that in Polydor India and that's how they did this TF album (and also possibly that's how he got that villain role and went on to do many films, bring his vArisu into the TF field etc).

Polydor apart, this was perhaps the first "big size 33 1/3 RPM" record to get released for an IR movie that hosted that many songs in a single disk! (All prior ones were 4 song disks at the time of arrival...the ones that we saw in this thread having more than 4 songs were possibly later versions and not the original releases).

The album rocked TN big time! It perhaps created records in sales those days and was playing in every nook and corner of TN. Along with the songs, the movie scored big as well (Karthik / Radha debut movie, now - after 32 years - their kids are getting launched in another "sea" movie, by MR).

One of the fellows who played as Karthik's associates ('vAdi En kappakkizhangE' etc) was my year mate in college and was a biggie for all cultural events - brilliant guy, played all kinds of musical instruments effortless, wrote extremely funny skits etc (skits of course only in English, being a DonBosco Madras product...but could speak Thamizh really well too.) He was one of the lead organizers for Festembers each year during his college days...

Surprised to note that 'putham puthukkAlai' is not by VM Embarassed (Gangai Amaran)

Also, 'kAdhal Oviyam' is by PA Smile One more reason to reco him for that "Lifetime achievement award" proposed by groucho!

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Alaiga10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Alaiga11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:57 am

app, you are a great asset here. Sure, we can go to the original site that features the covers, but couple that with your comments and information, this thread is worth thousands of stolen Nazi gold bars. :thumbsup:
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:46 pm

nanRi, groucho!

EdhO nammAl Anadhu Smile

Continuing with 1981, a Sridevi hit, bAla nAgammA...by this time, she could sell movies on her own name both in Thamizh & Telugu I think. musicalaya site hosts both Telugu and Thamizh covers of this album in the same link...

koondhalilE mEgam vandhu was a big favourite...also 'paLLi aRaikkuL malligaiyai aLLi iRaiththEn'

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Bala_n10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Bala_n11

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Bala_n12

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Bala_n13

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:53 am; edited 2 times in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:51 pm

We've earlier posted garjanai, which came as a combo with azhagE unnai ArAdhikkiREn (obviously packaged later than the original release)...now, a couple of 'sooppikku kOzhiyum' thani edition pictures too...

Due to the limitation of '4 songs only', this disk misses the 'kuththum oosi valikkum' song!

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Garjan10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Garjan11

Last edited by app_engine on Wed May 29, 2013 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:09 pm

app_engine wrote:SJ's 'nAn dEvadhai' was a big fav with me those days. It sounded a little bit RDB-ish but with enough elements to identify itself as an IR song.

soolam, another relatively unknown movie's disk cover:

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Soolamfront

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Sulamback
Incidentally only yesterday I listened to Soolam songs. Rex posted a audio clip of Naan Devathai song in his blog. A terrific song and a soundtrack. Especially the Julie song by Malaysia Vasudevan sir. bounce

Thanks for all these treasures App. Very Happy I need to devote separate time for this thread and note down if any missing number which I have not listened/collected.
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:53 pm

nanRi, V_Sji!

Keep sharing with us your new-finds as well Smile

Moving on to another biggie from the same year - a dual Kamal movie, kadal meenkaL!

thAlAttudhE vAnam & enRenRum AnandhamE - I don't have to say anything more Smile

The album front and back cover both have movie stills but interesting to see there's no old Kamal image...also, another Polydor record Smile

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Kadal_10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Kadal_11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Sujatha wrote a thodar kadhai 'karaiyellAm sheNbagappoo' in a Thamizh weekly and the same had a terrific response from the readers.

So, as per the then-norm of killing every successful novel by making a horrible movie out of it, TF jAmbavAns produced 'karaiyellAm sheNbagappoo'...a movie that probably ran out of the theater after a couple of days (well, may be after just a couple of shows).

It was supposedly a story about a city guy coming to village for researching folk songs. Naturally, IR was chosen to compose (being the folk-music-king).

For whatever reasons (best-known to rAsA+producer+director and possibly least known to Sujatha), the resultant album happened to be a super-synth-super-guitar one for the times (and not a typical grAmaththu music).

I don't care whether the public loved the music that much or not (limited reach, by the IR-standards of those days), it was / is such a big favourite with me Smile

Here are the vinyl cover pics:

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Karaiy10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Karaiy11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Much like the Sivaji-Padmini classic 'thillAnA mOganAmbAL' which got composed by KVM and carried the names of MPM Sethuraman / MPM Ponnusamy - the nAdhaswara vidhwans - on the album / track credits and got announced on radio each time, kOyil puRA, an IR album had the names of the same vidwans that got announced on radio those days.

Fantastic songs - vEdham nee by KJY, amuthE thamizhE by PS/UR, sangeethamE by SJ.

I was hoping to see the name of the 'thambi evvaLavu azhagAp pAdinAn' guy in the vinyl cover (amuthE thamizhE song's beginning)...but it's not there.

Now, the only way to find out is if that person is on the news somehow or if someone asks IR my question...

The 'always-azhumoonji' Shankar on the cover (of 'oru thalai rAgam' fame)

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Koyil_10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Koyil_11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:36 pm

Let's have one more Kamal album cover from the same year.

The lovely comedy movie, meeNdum kOkilA Smile

chinnanjiru vayadhil & rAdhA rAdhA nee engE, both the Kannan songs got penned by his dAsan Smile

The front cover pic has KH with SD & Unni Mary Deepa...a similar picture where the originally signed-up actress (Banu)Rekha d/o Gemini Ganesh was present, initially appeared in the mags (may be newspaper ads too at the time of film's launch)...alas, something happened and she didn't do the film Sad

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Meendu10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Meendu11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:44 pm

When the Rajini movie, kazhugu, was in the making, magazines wrote a lot about the specially made "expensive" bus in which many scenes of the movie were shot. Also, how the bus got "destroyed" for the movie's sake and thus it was a lavishly expensive movie etc.

Compare that with what people do post-90's or how much money (and time) gets spent in movie making Smile

kadhalennum thEril is missing from this disk shown here...but something called 'theme music' is present, wish they host it somewhere in the web Smile
Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Kazhug10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Kazhug10

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:47 pm

I don't remember associating the name 'nallathu nadanthE theerum' with rAsA at any point of time...such a movie and album exists Shocked

Well, I heard the songs at thiraippadal yesterday for the first time Embarassed

Since there were only two, the music company possibly released it with two other songs - one from moonRam piRai and another from Anandha rAgam.

Just for record, let me state that it's the first EchO record cover that gets featured in this thread!

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Nallat12

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Nallat13

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Mahendran, after his initial dream run of 4 both critically acclaimed and commerical hits (muLLum malarum, uthirippookkaL, Johny, nenjaththaikkiLLAthE), tasted a string of failures...We've already seen the vinyl cover for poottAtha poottukkAL.

The next one - naNdu. This had Aswini, the uthirippookkaL heroini. Sweet songs (aLLiththandha vAnam, manjaL veyil mAlai itta poovE...)

Also to be noted is P B Srinivas, the famous singer from pre-IR era writing both the indhi lyrics of the album...

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Nandu_10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 4 Nandu_10

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 1:01 am; edited 2 times in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next