Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்!

+26
thiruvizha
sid_316
equanimus
nasc
Michael AF
Joe
HonestRaj
balaji.r
kid_glove
Sanjeevi
mythila
Kaaling
Hamid
Cinemarasigan
jaiganesh
app_engine
Wizzy
V_S
groucho070
CF
plum
Karthikeyan
sagi
Bala (Karthik)
Sakalakala Vallavar
30 posters

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down

உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்! - Page 21 Empty Re: உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்!

Post  plum Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Federer, Sachin , Kamal. B(K) - ninga unga self-appraisal-la konjam self-ai thittkongo. nInga slaagikkiRa yArukkumE neram sariyilla.

plum

Back to top Go down

உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்! - Page 21 Empty Re: உலகையே கலக்க உலகநாயகன் எடுக்கும் விஸ்வரூபம்!

Post  Bala (Karthik) Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Abhirami Ramanadhan and Venneer Selvam in Kamal office - want DTH only after theater release.
So, poor response and/or severe arm twisting and mafiahood Sad(

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  equanimus Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Bala (Karthik) wrote:While cold response to DTH is a possibility, I can't for the life of me imagine why he would give in to the mafia even in that abject situation. If the DTH plan ic cancelled this narrative makes sense but we have not seen confirmation that it is cancelled. If it is not, and assuming kamal surrendered, why would the mafia allow DTH with them being in a stronger position?
Or (the simpler explanation) is it the case that Kamal has actually persuaded the theatre owners for a simultaneous release but they've already committed to other films for this Friday? romba optimistic-O?

equanimus

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:41 pm

plum wrote:Federer, Sachin , Kamal. B(K) - ninga unga self-appraisal-la konjam self-ai thittkongo. nInga slaagikkiRa yArukkumE neram sariyilla.
++
NEPV lerndhe meelala, ippadi aagum nu appove mild davut irundhuchu

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:46 pm

equanimus wrote:
Bala (Karthik) wrote:While cold response to DTH is a possibility, I can't for the life of me imagine why he would give in to the mafia even in that abject situation. If the DTH plan ic cancelled this narrative makes sense but we have not seen confirmation that it is cancelled. If it is not, and assuming kamal surrendered, why would the mafia allow DTH with them being in a stronger position?
Or (the simpler explanation) is it the case that Kamal has actually persuaded the theatre owners for a simultaneous release but they've already committed to other films for this Friday? romba optimistic-O?

i suppose thats not the case... cos he would have got regular updates in the last few days that the theatres are getting filled up by other movies... its not something which he came to know this fine morning... he should have anticipated this...

Back to top Go down

Post  equanimus Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:51 pm

That's of course true from Kamal's side. I was thinking more along the lines of theatres wanting to show the film but unable to because of the point of contention (DTH). And if he was willing to negotiate with them behind the scenes for more theatres... Again, I understand it's too optimistic a speculation, but still, I find it just a little hard to believe that many theatres would simply give up the reasonable profits (I'm not imagining a big hit, there are just not enough films coming out anyway) they would make by showing Vishwaroopam because of what's basically a general-principle opposition. Would it be hard for them (genuine question) to allow just this one film and then bring in a rule/agreement that avoids the problem?

equanimus

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:53 pm

Like I said, it looks like severe mafiahood to drastically cut theaters (ensured even those theaters that had agreed to him subsequently reneged), and/or underwhelming DTH response. Or maybe not enough response to cover for the lack of theaters.
Apparently this has made him come to the table and announce postponement even with the negotiations not being complete. Theater kaaraingalaa, nalla varuveengada!

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  equanimus Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:56 pm

I see. So then he clearly has no upper hand in the matter. So they're probably closing the deal on when the film may have a DTH release? Sigh.

equanimus

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:02 pm

I would take less theaters, less DTH, less revenue(flap) but having his pride intact to this mess any day. Of course, thuddu avarudhu Laughing

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  equanimus Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:04 pm

அப்படியெல்லாம் ஏன் இருக்கணும்? Profit, acclaim. அது போதும். :-)

equanimus

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:04 pm

Bala (Karthik) wrote: If the DTH plan ic cancelled this narrative makes sense but we have not seen confirmation that it is cancelled.

That's true.

My speculation was for sure a wild-guess, given my "too-long-time-away-from-TN" problem.

I believe ordinary restaurants charge around Rs 250 for an ordinary meal nowadays. That way, "black ticket" (or its technological equivalents like DTH) selling for Rs 1000 is not surprisingly high. Hopefully, VR had / will have decent numbers through this avenue!

Like Nerd, I would be pleasantly surprised if the numbers are good!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Thalaivan should retire and go into obscurity. Fuckin painful. There is a scene in Saving Private Ryan where a Nazi quietly but slowly and firmly pierces a yank's chest with a knife. Same peelingi

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:09 pm

i may be wrong... but i think kamal should have tried to gather the nadigal sangam together by explaining his case and should have made the sangam talk to the theatre owners association... in which case until they arrive at a deal no telex pandians or laddus getting theatres... i think he wanted to take it all by himself based on his faith on the no of dth turnover which was a miscalculation by his adipodis who gave him the counts...

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:10 pm

Ticket karumam cancel/date changeable-a nu vaangumbodhu gavanikkala...

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  sid_316 Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:35 pm

Sudhish Kamath ‏@SudhishKamath

Buzz on Vishwaroopam's
postponement is still unconfirmed & a decision will be taken only
tomorrow. Everything else is speculation & rumours.

Udhay ‏@Udhaystalin

@sri50 TNTOA hav agreed to release the muvi only if the DTH telecast is after 5 weeks frm the date of release

Twitter ranakalam!

5 weeks am.. oruthan paaka matan. Haasar seekiram pesungaya

sid_316

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Too late sid. We are on the losing side. They have fucked us over. Now it's their post coitus trolling

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  equanimus Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:50 pm

*Naive-speculation alert* Another doubt is if the DTH providers would be okay with post-release premiere or cancelling of the deal as a whole without any compensation. idhellAm mudhallayE pEsi vechchiruppAngalla? Or would there be a case or something in worst case? Which would be a hopeless situation to be in.

equanimus

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:12 pm

app_engine wrote:wild-guess, given my "too-long-time-away-from-TN" problem.

I believe ordinary restaurants charge around Rs 250 for an ordinary meal nowadays. That way, "black ticket" (or its technological equivalents like DTH) selling for Rs 1000 is not surprisingly high.

250??!! Really, app saar? Sennai ! = TN. And even in Chennai you can eat for < 100 in numerous decent++ restaurants.

I am all for DTH, it eliminates all the 'extra expenses' like betrol, parking, alaichchal etc., but IMHO Rs.1000 is crazy, even for the 'creamy' layer who he is mainly targetting. And how many people in TN belong to that group anyway..

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:50 pm

Nerd wrote:250??!! Really, app saar? Sennai ! = TN. And even in Chennai you can eat for < 100 in numerous decent++ restaurants.

ok, I was kuzhappified by my next-seat neighbor in the team room...looks like I need to do more research Embarassed

Also, from your post, it looks like my b-i-l's claim is true Embarassed (that his restaurant is really somewhat above-middle-class end and not ordinary as I imagined it to be) Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:02 pm

UTV Dhananjayan hints that the DTH response wasnt all that *good*. I think he was supporting Kamal from day 1 and more genuine than the thollai types, so there could be some amount of truth behind it:
Dhananjayan Govind@Dhananjayang
Why too many questions on DTH release happening or not. If DTH bookings from people were so good, I don't think this change would be there

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:05 pm

i dont think that the DTH numbers were bad.. must be in a few lakhs.. thats a substantial secondary stream of revenue !!..
but to compromise with poor theatres and lose out on the primary stream of revenue, its obvious that DTH bookings shud be much more than wat the theatricals wud have got him...

dint happen that way
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Karthikeyan Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:06 pm

Nerd wrote:UTV Dhananjayan hints that the DTH response wasnt all that *good*. I think he was supporting Kamal from day 1 and more genuine than the thollai types, so there could be some amount of truth behind it:
Dhananjayan Govind@Dhananjayang
Why too many questions on DTH release happening or not. If DTH bookings from people were so good, I don't think this change would be there

what is good ??

solla mudiyaathu Razz
Karthikeyan
Karthikeyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:15 am

Onnum vendam. Let that guy go there(hw). I want that to happen successfully.

This is something he should have done 10 years ago. Time to ditch the bitch Kamal. These people don't deserve you. Smile
plum wrote:

Besides, hollywood ellAm shift Agikka thEvai illai. namma Kerala irukku. small ideas vechu padam eduthArunnu nallAvE Odum.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:12 pm

PressMeet

Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  Cinemarasigan Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Kamal is saying that he is going to sue the Association and the members, but venneer selllvam" had a day long discussion and said he is happy about that.. onnum puriyala confused

Cinemarasigan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum