Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hindi film music - Old is Gold

+9
fring151
rajkumarc
baroque
Drunkenmunk
crimson king
Usha
kamalaakarsh
V_S
app_engine
13 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Hindi film music - Old is Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Hindi film music - Old is Gold

Post  crimson king Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:14 pm

That's another lovely number.  

By the way, the song that veteran Bollywood music arranger Kersi Lord considers his favourite.  

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Hindi film music - Old is Gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Hindi film music - Old is Gold

Post  Usha Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1xYWMM5mj8&list=PL3429952A54F89D19

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx7lAO1C4e0

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:53 pm

TUJHE SURAJ KAHOON   - Manna Dey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsiufnfBgQc

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  baroque Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:50 pm

thankyou  Hemanta with Gulzar & Kishore Kumar!

Hawaon pe Likh do, hawaon ke naam
hum anjaane pardesiyon ka salaam

Nature lover's dream composition!the clap

baroque
baroque

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:44 am

Looping a couple of songs from Bees Saal Baad. First one is for the magical voice of Hemant Kumar:

Second is probably one of the most haunting songs ever, Lata Mangeshkar's rendition is one of the prime reasons for that. A song that almost matches PSuseela's Nenjam Marapadhillai for the haunting vocals:

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:22 pm

rajkumarc wrote:Second is probably one of the most haunting songs ever, Lata Mangeshkar's rendition is one of the prime reasons for that. A song that almost matches PSuseela's Nenjam Marapadhillai for the haunting vocals:

Never heard this one before (or Hemant Kumar for that matter). What an absolutely mesmerising, haunting tune. Playing on loop  Very Happy . Any more Hemant Kumar suggestions anyone?

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:07 pm

Fring - Glad you liked it. I'm no expert here and the other forum stalwarts can suggest more numbers by Hemant da. Meanwhile, this list of songs is a good starting point:

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  baroque Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:36 am

Hemanta duet with Lataji.....Neend na......

Ever green Lataji's Bimpalasi rag KUCH DIL NE KAHA.... ANUPAMA...COMPOSER HEMANTA

baroque
baroque

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:47 am

This is the real root of bollywood, not the one which ndtv is describing. The current music trend may have global base, represent cultural aspects of minuscule population of urban elites, but it is not in unison with the heartbeats of masses. It is a beverage, which has no sedative effect. It agitates feelings and reaction, but lacks harmony big time. These ndvt's falsely propagate that these songs have indian sensilibities, which I completely disagree and dismiss. The world does not just listen to them. They lie blatantly and thereby forcing listeners to believe it, thereby holding their positions falsely as they cannot hold their positions musically. The decade of fifties witnessed the climax of bollywood which almost died by 70s. Master music director Anil Biswas. Anilda's music was such that it constantly turns the emotions of an individual. He too used western instruments, but hear the tunes and compare the tunes we hear today and see if they have 1% indian heart in it or at-least soul in it. 

A lilting composition seene mein sulagte hain armaan from Tarana (1951), composed in Yaman Kalyan (?) with Talat and Lata exceeding what Anilda was expecting out of them. The prelude with soft and silky start from Talat will definitely shed a drop or two. Simple and effective lyrics.

I will add one more from Anilda for today as these the kind of songs which makes me calm from all these nonsenses thrown out of media in the name of marketing. zindagi ka ajab fasana hai by Lata and Mukesh from chhoti chhoti baaten (1965). Indian (hindustani) classical in its heart, yet so gentle as Anilda softens and polishes it for it to be grasped by common audience. Hear how it pushes the envelope with the range and dynamics. Please don't miss the sitar, violins sweeps, sarangi and delightful flute ornamenting the composition.

Hear these and also hear Sholays and Rangeelas and decide for yourselves. Imagining the nights with all these songs by our pillow side, you are guaranteed to have tear drops falling by the side of your eyes as you will be put to peaceful sleep only to get up to a fresh morning.

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:25 pm

I was going to quote Kuchch Dil Ne kaha as the best of Hemant Kumar. But Baroque has already linked.
The best ever of Lata, if I may.
Andha wistful sigh, delicate Ekkam - waa re waa only.

One of the very few Lata songs in which I'd say that Lata is irreplaceable.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:49 am

One of finest compositions in Indian history by Anilda. Classic and classical Pee Bin Soona Re from Hamdard (1953) sung by Manna Dey and Lata. Sarangi at its best. Flawless gamakams. Raagamaalika. Scintillating, when the song changes to 'aayi madhu ritu basant bahar ree' in basant bahar raaga. When both sing the ending aalaapanai, observe if anyone goes fast or slow and anyone slips in sruthi or bhaavam as the tune is very fast there. So damn difficult to sing that piece. That's where these legends stand tall. Not a split second you find any fault. Such a great harmony. Where are we now?

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:41 am

^^^  Yeah, great song.  These days one has to tune into Akashvaani 100.7 to listen to such songs.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:34 am

V_S, Plum, fring

Here is my writeup on 'kuch dil ne kaha'

http://sureshs65music.blogspot.in/2011/09/one-song-at-time-48-kuch-dil-ne-kaha.html

fring,

At the cost of doing some self publicity may I ask you to read the archives of my blog. You will find a lot of old Hindi songs there. Let me know if you like them

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:07 pm

CK,
Thanks. Glad you like it :)Good to know Aakashvani plays these songs today.

Suresh ji,
Beautiful write-up especially on the seductive B&W cinematography and ever gorgeous Sharmila Tagore and what a song to complement the visuals. Brilliantly done!

Last edited by V_S on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:59 pm

2 songs I immensely like.

1. Ek Baar Muskuraa Do. OP Nayyar and Kishore.

2. Tere Husna Ki Kya Tareef Karoon. Naushad, Rafi and Asha.

Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:45 am

Guess Tere Husn ki Kya Tarif is Lata.  Great song.  Leader also has the epic Ek Shahenshah duet.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:41 am

Raaga_Suresh wrote:V_S, Plum, fring

http://sureshs65music.blogspot.in/2011/09/one-song-at-time-48-kuch-dil-ne-kaha.html

fring,

At the cost of doing some self publicity may I ask you to read the archives of my blog. You will find a lot of old Hindi songs there. Let me know if you like them

Thanks Sureshji. Superb write up as usual and the song most certainly didn't fall short of expectation as I heard it after reading your description Smile . A very leisurely quality to the music indeed! Will definitely go through the archives, I AM a bit of a noob when it comes to some of these composers like Madan Mohan, Hemant kumar, Roshan etc.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:08 am

fring151 wrote:
Raaga_Suresh wrote:V_S, Plum, fring

fring,

Thanks Sureshji. Superb write up as usual and the song most certainly didn't fall short of expectation as I heard it after reading your description Smile . A very leisurely quality to the music indeed! Will definitely go through the archives, I AM a bit of a noob when it comes to some of these composers like Madan Mohan, Hemant kumar, Roshan etc.

Try Tu Mere Samne Hai, Mere Pyaar Mein Tujhe Kya Mila, Ek Haseen Sham Ko, Chirag Dil Ka, Khelo Na Mere Dil Se, Bhaiyyan Na Dharo, Hum Hain Mataaya E,  Rasme Ulfat, Ruke Ruke Se Kadam.  If you have already heard or when you are done with these, I will list more songs.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:39 am

crimson king wrote:Try Tu Mere Samne Hai, Mere Pyaar Mein Tujhe Kya Mila, Ek Haseen Sham Ko, Chirag Dil Ka, Khelo Na Mere Dil Se, Bhaiyyan Na Dharo, Hum Hain Mataaya E,  Rasme Ulfat, Ruke Ruke Se Kadam.  If you have already heard or when you are done with these, I will list more songs.

Thanks! None of those sound familiar, though it could be that I have heard some of them somewhere, sometime, but don't know them by name. Will listen and get back.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:07 am

crimson king wrote:Guess Tere Husn ki Kya Tarif is Lata.  Great song.  Leader also has the epic Ek Shahenshah duet.

Ya my bad. Lata it is.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:23 am

Signing off tonight with Khemchand Prakash's treasure melody, Ae dil na mujhe yaad dila baaten puraani sung by Singing Gods Rafi and Shamshad Begum for Sawan Aya Re (1949). Songs like these don't cross in our life often, nowadays complete NO. Goodnight!

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:52 pm

SD Burman. Mohammad Rafi. They don't make 'em like this anymore.

Tere Mere Sapne, Guide.

Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:10 pm

Chance illa....one of Rafi's desert island specials.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  baroque Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:00 am

fring151, wanna brush up your Hindi oldies of Madhan Mohan   Very Happy

Tum Jo Mil Gaye Ho - Rafi- madhan mohan!

Sau sal pehle mujhe tumse pyaar tha.. rafi and lata- Shankar-Jaikishan

baroque
baroque

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next