Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music of Sairat (Marathi film)

Go down

Music of Sairat (Marathi film) Empty Music of Sairat (Marathi film)

Post  crimson king on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:28 am

Didn't see a thread for the music of this film.  I think it deserves one.  As I am listening now to the songs, I can recognise it from ringtones that my Marathi colleagues have been using for the last few months.  What's refreshing is Ajay-Atul don't just derive from vintage IR.  They have also kept up with the maestro's own journey through the 90s and noughties.  I swear when the opening lines of the mukda of Sairat Zaala Ji came on, I, being fairly proficient in Marathi, could not make out Marathi words.  I heard only the Tamil words that maybe Vaali, Vairamuthu or Panju Arunachalam would have written for an Ilayaraja song.  What's amazing is they have given an IR-ish colour even to very Marathi rural based songs.  Even Zingaat seems to evoke IR's own rural songs though it is total Marathi.  I think Ajay-Atul along with Guitar Prasanna are among the biggest fanboys of IR in the music industry today.  They must love his music a lot to have woven it so beautifully into Marathi music. In a way, they are expanding his own legacy into new areas.  Fusion of IR rural with rural based music of other regions, that would be an interesting idea.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Music of Sairat (Marathi film) Empty Re: Music of Sairat (Marathi film)

Post  counterpoint on Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:22 pm

I can hear traces of chinna mani kuyile and sandhaikku vandha kili in this. Even the picturization and the faces looks very Tamilish. This could have been in a  movie like Subramaniapuram, for instance.

counterpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:09 am

The tune reminds me of Mannakkum Santhaname but married to his modern BSO projects-style orchestration.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum