Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Clear my doubt please" - Questions & Answers related to IR films / songs / stats

+16
ravinat
fring151
crimson king
Usha
Drunkenmunk
MH
kiru
kamalaakarsh
jaiganesh
groucho070
skr
rajkumarc
plum
V_S
Wizzy
app_engine
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

"Clear my doubt please" - Questions & Answers related to IR films / songs / stats - Page 3 Empty Re: "Clear my doubt please" - Questions & Answers related to IR films / songs / stats

Post  Saravanan Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:34 am

Oh yes, Counterpoint, particularly the place where PS goes 'Saathiram pesugiraai' is simply mesmerizing! One more GA composed Bharathiar song was 'Pillai Pirayathile' evocatively sung by Deepan C for Kanavugal Karpanaigal.

Last edited by Saravanan on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Saravanan

Back to top Go down

"Clear my doubt please" - Questions & Answers related to IR films / songs / stats - Page 3 Empty Re: "Clear my doubt please" - Questions & Answers related to IR films / songs / stats

Post  app_engine Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:54 pm

https://twitter.com/rajinirams/status/459204320324358144

N.Rajini Ramachandran wrote:
@nchokkan திரு.கங்கை அமரன் அவர்களிடம் பேசினேன்,நீ எங்கே பாடல் அவர் எழுதியதே, @kanavey @muthiahrm @iParisal @r_inba

Looks like he has also asked GA to publish his songs (like a book)...

Well, a lot more authentication than I originally looked out for Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

"Clear my doubt please" - Questions & Answers related to IR films / songs / stats - Page 3 Empty Ilaiyaraaja's composition played in university in Indiana

Post  panniapurathar Sat May 24, 2014 6:23 pm

A few years back I learnt that IR was invited to compose a piece that was played at an university in the US state of Indiana.  I tried to search for it, but found nothing.  Any information or links to this performance?  If I remember right IR was not present at this concert but his piece was commissioned to be played at the university.

panniapurathar

Back to top Go down

Post  MH Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Kamal Hassan has said that his movie is Raja's 786th, which is that movie. Is that Mumbai express, if so has Raja composed the remaining till 1000 after that...

MH

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Easwar wrote:Kamal Hassan has said  that his movie is Raja's 786th,  which is that movie.  Is that Mumbai express,  if so has Raja composed the remaining till 1000 after that...
I was thinking it was Mahanadhi or Sathi Leelavathy. Raaja's 500th was Anjali (strictly speaking, idhuve approximation only). He did 48 films iirc in 1991, 52 in 1992 and 53 in 1993 (out of my memory). That takes him roughly to roundabouts of 660-675. Now doing the arithmetic, he did around 28 in 1994 (~700) and 24 in 1995 (~725), 14 in 1996 and 11 in 1998 (~750). That now makes me think if Hey Ram was his 786th.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MH Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:45 pm

Based on an xl sheet containing DB of raja movies, shared in other thread, the list is atleast 50 short of 1000, if hey ram is considered 786th.. I guess the only place where we can confirm is the score sheet, where Raja writes the movie number...

MH

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:59 pm

Easwar wrote:Based on an xl sheet containing DB of raja movies,  shared in other thread,  the list is atleast 50 short of 1000, if hey ram is considered 786th.. I guess the only place where we can confirm is the score sheet,  where Raja writes the movie number...

If we are to factor in dubbed films, it will cross 1100. With a sizable number of dubbed films, I possess 1000+ films of his with me and I'm missing 20+ films. And I'm not taking into account his devotional albums (20+), private albums like How To Name It (4-5). In all likelihood, Bala is using it for marketing his film. IMO, better Bala than some random fellow. Balki has done a great balancing act here. avar padathayum promote senjaachu with Kamal, Rajni, Sridevi and Amitabh on a single stage and angaye his idol Raaja'vayum azhagu paathaachu.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3