Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc.

+16
Drunkenmunk
writeface
sheepChase
sid_316
Kaaling
groucho070
kid_glove
plum
V_S
Bala (Karthik)
jaiganesh
Michael AF
Admin
app_engine
sagi
20 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 9 Empty Re: Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc.

Post  V_S Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:59 pm

AF,
Thanks a lot for your views and recos on the films. Wow! You have watched almost every film. Very Happy Great passion! Let me see how much I can watch given till end of this year. Wink

Back to top Go down

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 9 Empty Re: Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc.

Post  Michael AF Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:07 am

Watching SLP Today. Smile
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:34 pm

SLP - Thoroughly rewarding for a Localite like me 🙇.

Uniquely Funny film. Lots of nostalgia moments. Lincoln financial field, Comcast One cente and lots of other roamed around places. The Llanerch Diner where the date happens is <4 miles from the University I've been and the place I lived. The movie happens in 2008 according to the game results said in the film. Loved the epic retort by Pat Sr on what's more american than a cowboy to the punk ass Dallas fan. Very good acting by Jennifer and Cooper. The crowd loved the film. I really didn't expect an half filled theatre in Sathyam for this fim.

Sennipar Laaranss 👏. Bradley Cooper(Another philadelfian) Smile. Bobby Smile
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:05 pm

Indha localite / personal connection caveat ellaam thEvaiyE illaingREn.. SLP is the best film among the ones I have watched last year. Including Django.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:24 pm

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/djangounchained/releasedates/

Ayyo March 29th than release aa?. Yenda dei oru maasam munnadi release panna koodatha. Bleddy indians.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:38 am

PTA கடிச்சு துப்பியிருக்கார். Abstract, claustrophobic, compelling and problematic.

The Master has been watched. Sucks one into it right from the first scene. And one brilliant scene after the other unfolds. Up until the long curing session in which Phoenix keeps talking to wood and glass. After that the film loses its grip and rambles aimlessly. Last 30 minutes or so is very unlike the rest of the film and they bring the film down considerably.

Brilliant choice of actors (Phoenix, Hoffman, and Adams) and they belt out fantastic performances. Haven't seen Lincoln but I think DDL was plain lucky that he bagged the role of Lincoln which came with an academy award as part of his remuneration. Phoenix's controlled performance and his body language are sure to leave one speechless. Does full justice to the unpredictable, mentally troubled, master to servile to master character arc. And Hoffman is even better. The erudite master kept on digging deeper with his character with each passing scene. The subtle yet wicked Adams was a delight to watch. Somehow reminded me of nurse Ratched.

PTA is in great command of his craft and shows extraordinary control. For the most part. Almost undoes all the good things about the film towards the end.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:33 pm

Thanks Af and Nerd for your reviews on SLP and The Masters. I checked in Costco here, they don't have The Masters DVD yet. Will check in other shops.

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:04 am

V_S if you are really interested in an recommendation, start watching Breaking BAD if you haven't already. I warn you like page turners for books this stuff will make you watch an episode after an episode until you finish.

Cool
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Michael AF wrote:V_S if you are really interested in an recommendation, start watching Breaking BAD if you haven't already. I warn you like page turners for books this stuff will make you watch an episode after an episode until you finish.

Cool
the person who posted this comment is a living example to support af's point.

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:30 pm

Thanks AF and SS for the recos. Smile I have been hearing from you guys, Nerd, k_g in the hub too about this. Didn't get a chance to watch. There are many now in my plate to watch. Will sure find some time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:13 am

MM - S6 - 2 Hour premier @ April 7. Good job AMC, run 13 episodes from Apr - Jun end July start and start with BB @ July mid. Should watch this religiously.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/mad-men

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 9 Article-2267481-1721021B000005DC-343_964x683

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 9 Mad-men-season-6-elizabeth-moss-600x450
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:14 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2222868/Mad-Men-Jon-Hamm-Jessica-Par-beach-bodies-Hawaii.html
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:20 pm

Nerd, MM - S6 Fotos.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm310157312/rg1778489856
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:20 pm

Saw it. Waiting for some 'real' promos videos..

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:14 pm

kid_glove wrote:I'm busy watching Suits and Person of Interest when I'm not busy working for money..

nadri for PoI recco, gave up on it initially after reading the premise which sounded a bit from minority report procedural and Tru Calling.
Ex CIA Jesus sounding more and more like Batman Smile like the Matrix twist with the whole 'bad code' and Root the clap though
the show will gain immensely with less of Jesus and more of Harold and Root.

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 9 292piyu
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:17 pm

PoI inspired promo of Ubisoft game 'watch dogs'

Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:44 am

Suits - What Mad MEN has been for advertising, the creators have tried to do the same for lawyer profession. Only a couple of notches below. Still Gabriel Macht is trying and the new kid his associate is quite good.

Anger Management - Good. Good to see Martin Sheen has a role in this and father and son's real life roles are reversed and they both do well. Good to learn a lot of anger management techniques on the sitcom. Kate and Jen are good and so is his daughter Sam.

Dexter - Season 7:. The BEST thing about this is both Debra and Dexter can act. Still interesting. Dexter is great when he says he needs to kill somebody pretty soon after being continously interrogated by Debra. And bonus is Yvonne Strahovski.

Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:47 am

finally got to complete Akira's take on Prince Myshkin, this movie wouldn't make his top 5 still to think this was filmed in-between Ikiru and Rashomon Shocked movie setting in many ways an antithesis to 'Stray dog', my gripe with the movie is that many of the complex characters in the novel
been reduced to minor roles, that could well be down to studio cuts but to get Kinji Kameda play a war veteran doesn't really sit well with the character though 'The idiot' is one hell of a template for a velanthi manithan/outsider to the society and TFI has completely beaten this template to pulp Smile

as always movie is littered with some amazing cues

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 9 108ierb

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 9 Nfs8ls

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 9 2i9nzbs
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:03 am

Netflix's Hemlock Grove trailer, Eli Roth is directing it

looks like Twin Peaks/True Blood redux
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:25 pm

Django Unchained - Good. Sammy LLJ, Dicaprio very well acted.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:09 am

Anybody seen MM S6 opener???
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:22 pm

Netflix is winning the streaming war the clap they have added Fringe/plethora of DC comics and Bond movies over last few days though the 007s expire by this month end, with Netflix/Hulu+/Amazon Prime I'm officially calling it quits from torrenting Very Happy
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael AF Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:19 am

Breaking bad season 5 part 2 to start from Aug 11.
Michael AF
Michael AF

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:31 pm

waiting!

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Michael AF wrote:Anybody seen MM S6 opener???

Not yet. Already 4 episodes are over. Have D/Lded the premier (6x01 and 6x02).

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next