Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc.

+16
Drunkenmunk
writeface
sheepChase
sid_316
Kaaling
groucho070
kid_glove
plum
V_S
Bala (Karthik)
jaiganesh
Michael AF
Admin
app_engine
sagi
20 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 18 Empty Re: Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc.

Post  kid_glove Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:44 pm

Wizzy wrote:^in Gounds voice 'Enakku veru engum killaigal kidaiyathu', still binging on tv series/movies or completely consumed with stuttering Arsenal  Smile
forums are outdated

kid_glove

Back to top Go down

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 18 Empty Re: Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc.

Post  Wizzy Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:10 am

kid_glove wrote:
Wizzy wrote:^in Gounds voice 'Enakku veru engum killaigal kidaiyathu', still binging on tv series/movies or completely consumed with stuttering Arsenal  Smile
forums are outdated

outdated maybe but you never see people posting in bulletin boards about where they are/what they eat/wear with gps coordinates.
 documenting your life online and expect others to like/retweet..too creepy and not so alluring. 
unless you are in PR/sales/marketing and have to suckup to survive I just don't see the need to use FB/Twitter.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  kid_glove Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:18 pm

Wizzy wrote:
kid_glove wrote:
forums are outdated

outdated maybe but you never see people posting in bulletin boards about where they are/what they eat/wear with gps coordinates.
 documenting your life online and expect others to like/retweet..too creepy and not so alluring. 
unless you are in PR/sales/marketing and have to suckup to survive I just don't see the need to use FB/Twitter.
FB yes.

Twitter is anonymous.

kid_glove

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:05 pm

^won't be for long given the new axis of evil, on a tangential note check out this episode http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2290780
if you haven't already on recreating someone from their online interactions, entire series is gold  but of all the episodes this creeps you
given the plausibility of this happening is very distinct.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  kid_glove Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:01 pm

Wizzy wrote:^won't be for long given the new axis of evil, on a tangential note check out this episode http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2290780
if you haven't already on recreating someone from their online interactions, entire series is gold  but of all the episodes this creeps you
Saw first episode of this series. PM fucking the pig. Killer start.

kid_glove

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:24 pm

kid_glove wrote:
Wizzy wrote:^won't be for long given the new axis of evil, on a tangential note check out this episode http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2290780
Saw first episode of this series. PM fucking the pig. Killer start.
haha cant even imagine something like this being done on Indian telly, rest of the eps isn't as grotesque as this one, just a conditioning exercise  Smile
interesting bit of trivia is that the show was produced by 'Endemol' which gets parodied for their reality shows in the 2nd ep.
now Netflix has taken over from them and have ordered 12 eps, got to say their subscription is worth just for their original/acquired series.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:37 pm

Broadchurch S2, whatya fall in quality, effing disgrace to be tagged with the series given S1 was so close to perfection.
even the attaque par force brute of Rampling couldn't save the contrived court scenes. 

in other news Luther is back  cheers

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 18 F7Kjaem
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:00 pm

SW VII - Force Awakens.  Meh!  Pretty straight up sci-fi film.  Quite enjoyable while it lasted but utterly predictable and utterly stuck in time.  I suspect that is intentional, they want to keep it exactly the way the fans would like it?  Mind, never watched a Star Wars film before but unlike Matrix series, this wasn't something I needed to be clued into the backstory for.  Pretty lightweight stuff.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:35 pm

Pretty straight up sci-fi film.

err it was never pitched as sci-fi, more like pure fantasy, wizards+knights+The Force+Lightsabers, they just happen to be in outer space.
best term would be 'Space Opera'

Quite enjoyable while it lasted but utterly predictable and utterly stuck in time.  I suspect that is intentional, they want to keep it exactly the way the fans would like it?they want to keep it exactly the way the fans would like it?

ep vii is actually pretty dense and everything seems to happen @ breathtaking pace which is so unlike other episodes of the original trilogy which had many endearing calm/lull moments before a storm . If anything JJ killed the movie with the utterly stupid Starkiller Base plot device Evil or Very Mad  punting on
Rian Johnson to clear all the muck.

this wasn't something I needed to be clued into the backstory for

you should be, far too many connecting stories for instance in a scene Han doesn't recognize C-3PO with red arm/silver leg(which the comic will tidy up upon its release)
If you ever intend to watch the series do not ever watch the prequels first( you can even completely skip them) 
do this iv>i>ii>v>iii>vi, story reveals are far more surprising in this order thaen if you go by timeline order of episodes which is what many do.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:51 am

I know it's supposed to be fantasy rather than pure sci fi but as my dad was also saying, it had neither enough drama from a fantasy perspective nor the dazzling technical details of sci fi. Would say the cinematography was pretty lazy and very 70s, considering the budget.  Again,maybe they were just too anxious not to upset the apple cart.  I am suddenly beginning to appreciate the Nolan Batman films; at least he had the guts to do a thorough reboot. 

I didn't really mind the pace; in the absence of a gripping plot it was the only thing that kept the film from failing.  But, well, if this is heavy by SW standards, I am going to pass on the other parts as well.  Those kind of details like what you mentioned re Han Solo just don't interest me.  I was just comparing it to my experience of watching Matrix Revolutions without watching the first two parts.  I was just zapped, didn't get the film....AT ALL. That is a film which presumes prior knowledge of the preceding films in the series.  SW doesn't, or not in a way that hampers viewing.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:41 pm

Awesome pricing  thumbsup 

https://www.netflix.com/in/
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  writeface Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:20 am

Junun - Terrific Album by Jonny Greenwood (of Radiohead), Shye Ben Tzur with the band Rajasthan Express. 

writeface

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:07 pm

Watched Disney's Zootopia with 3 kutty chutties Smile

Typical fun (kids get theirs while adults get the mild social commentary embedded) Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:07 pm

Watched Disney's Zootopia with 3 kutty chutties Smile

Typical fun (kids get theirs while adults get the mild social commentary embedded) Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sun May 01, 2016 6:56 pm

Mozart in the Jungle

All you Raaja fans/isai arvalars must check out this show, Even-though the show plays mostly  on a stereotype 
of a genius out on a mediocre world but after 'Nodame Cantabile' haven't seen
anything intertwine classical music with drama as this show has done. icing is tastefully done Mozart/Beethoven's impersonations 
whenever conductor Rodrigo loses it.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:06 pm

Peter thread - World music, movies, Television etc. - Page 18 2ekslef

just binged from start to finish  Razz, can be easily panned as 80s pastiche but writing is pretty much on the dot.
mileu/characters are straight out of Stephen King's novel, plot majorly from ET/Goonies set to John Carpentersque synthwave.
Writers have neatly straddled many genres but doesn't seem forced nor does it get trapped in nostalgia/fan service like I feared.
also not often we have a show like a 8hr movie with each set of characters trying to solve their end of puzzle.
whining Winona Ryder aside loved how they showed the kids(Mani Saar pliss to note), my fav is Dustin.
just wish S2 doesn't rock the boat by Fargo/TD's way venturing out to new characters/setting.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:40 am

Sultan made me go back to Rocky series, Rocky III that is. The whole Rocky series is outstanding notwithstanding the worst acting from Stallone. The fight between him and Clubber Lang was ultimate. With Eye of the Tiger song, this movie is even more special. One of the best guitar riffs in the POP music world (by Survivor).

Incidentally my kids piano teacher started playing the chords of the song today and after I requested, he played the whole song. Amazing chord structure and a catchy melody and striking voice which pumps up our energy and fuels our inspirations. Saw this movie during college years (via repeated screening). What a song!

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sat May 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Get Me Roger Stone

remarkable docu on one of the lousiest guy on earth, his traits/speeches are remarkably closer to our idly Man Su. Swamy  Smile
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:43 am

saw the ep last night still gives me jitters, brilliantly done  VG/PG the clap
you don't get lingering shots like these in movies anymore, creators must be mad fans of
movies from 70s  Smile

Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18