Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking next gen MD's into account...

+17
rajkumarc
Bala (Karthik)
Wizzy
plum
ravinat
rajaclan
isaifan
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
Usha
kiru
V_S
vicks
sagi
crimson king
fring151
app_engine
21 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Taking next gen MD's into account... - Page 6 Empty Re: Taking next gen MD's into account...

Post  sagi Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:05 pm

Ammadi+++ That is my song (non-Raajannu sollaNumA?) of 2013. Havent heard the Rummy song but read that it is malligaiyE malligaiyE thoothaagappO V2.0.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Taking next gen MD's into account... - Page 6 Empty Re: Taking next gen MD's into account...

Post  Usha Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:20 pm

[quote="kv"]
I know Imman doesn't command much respect here but I was impressed with these two melodies from his 2013 work. One's 'edhukkaaga enna neeyum' from Rummy that's based on malayamArutham (I think). Raaja's influence is unmistakable in this one.

indha paatai kaeta.. brova barama madhirii thonaradhae.....

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  kv Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:49 pm

nerdy, this rummy song has more shades of 'kanmani nee vara kaathurindhEn' & 'thendrai ennai muththamittadhu' (whattay monster of an album OON is.... gotta revisit urgently!) than malligayE malligayE (or perhaps you're referring to a different song; I've heard only this number from rummy).

ushakka, enakku ennamO bahudhaari maadhiri padala. mEla ezhudhiirukka rendu paatu kEttu sollungo.
kv
kv

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:18 am

Man, totally stuck with the Thegidi song "Neeyum dhinam". Beautiful rock ballad level song. The opening riff is faintly reminiscent of something else that I cannot quite put my finger on, but I am willing to overlook that for now in view of the dazzling arrangements and plenty more original material. The part from 4:00 on with piano backing vocals followed by very authentic, non-faux guitar soloing flat out rocks!! Perhaps the best Tamil-rock I have heard in a long time. Am seriously excited about a newbie youth MD after a long time. This kid is good, seriously good. 

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:51 am

^^Song of 2014 for me, so far. This is one hell of a debut by the kid. 4 very good songs, 3 rock solid in terms of musicality, arrangements and thematic progression.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:44 pm

J Vasanthan latesttu, via twitter

Sorry young composers... every time someone tells me there is a good song here... good one there... and they insist me to listen to them... I go there only to hear a rehashed Ilayaraaja melody... which only reiterates 2 points - No. 1 .. he has done everything and if you need to do something worthwhile, you can only imitate or plagiarize or copy him... No.2 .. all of these so called modern composers lack basic creativity and a solid foundation in music, that they are not able to go beyond what is already done... I'm so sorry... I'm not cynical... but just a music lover...

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:13 pm

this rummy song has more shades of 'kanmani nee vara kaathurindhEn' & 'thendrai ennai muththamittadhu' (whattay monster of an album OON is.... gotta revisit urgently!

resemblance is striking :raajadhaane: D.man should start taking requests from Raaja fans.

you can only imitate or plagiarize or copy him... No.2 .. all of these so called modern composers lack basic creativity and a solid foundation in music, that they are not able to go beyond what is already done.

mind voice or Rev. James'u is a illeist   Smile
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Wizzy wrote:
mind voice or Rev. James'u is a illeist   Smile

Vasanthasenai's latest case of hit and run.

a. Posts this on his FB: https://twitter.com/milliblog/status/446114777488584704

b. Met with rebuttal. One example from the social media (not necessarily in the comments sections of his post): http://t.co/uIc5lwLphc Because before one could look for a rebuttal in the comments sections of his FB page, c happens.

c. Deletes post.

laugh laugh laugh
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:06 pm

This is seriously height of vayatherichal.  What IR was talking about was pretty clear, upper Sa is still Sa.  It obviously refers to the melodic shape of the note, if that's a good way to describe it, rather than just the pitch. Even if used across five octaves, a two note or three note composition is still hard to write...harder anyway than say a five note one.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:53 pm

Gautam is back with HJ as per this news report

அஜீத் நடிக்கும் புதிய படத்தில் கவுதம் மேனனுடன் மீண்டும் இணைகிறார் ஹாரிஸ் ஜெயரராஜ்.
ஆரம்பம் படத்துக்குப் பிறகு ஏ எம் ரத்னம் தயாரிக்கும் புதிய படத்தில் அஜீத் நடிக்கிறார். இந்தப் படத்தை கவுதம் மேனன் இயக்குகிறார். விரைவில் படப்பிடிப்பு தொடங்கவிருக்கிறது.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Chee Vee Pee https://m.facebook.com/AaryanADK/posts/10152316816526093  Laughing 
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  counterpoint Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:39 am

Iam not sure which is worse - GVP' tweets or his so-called compositions. Unfortunately in recent years TFM has been hijacked by a bunch of kids who have just learnt how to toy around with their synth and think that is all what it takes to qualify as a composer.

counterpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:07 pm

dina thanthi Q & A

While these are not authentic info, often such teakkadai stuff reflects the TN-layman-perception....

ஹாரீஸ் ஜெயராஜின் பட பாடல்கள் தற்போது இறங்குமுகமாகவும், டி.இமான் பட பாடல்கள் ஏறுமுகமாகவும் அமைவதை கவனித்தீர்களா...? (இரா.ரஜினி முருகன், புதுச்சேரி)

மேலே இருப்பவர்கள் கீழே போவதும், கீழே இருப்பவர்கள் மேலே போவதும் சினிமாவில் ரொம்ப சகஜம்!

BTW, I landed in that page because that Q & A also throws-in some IR stuff Embarassed

குருவியாரே, இளையராஜா இசையில், அதிக வரவேற்பு பெற்ற பாடல் எது? (எஸ்.புனித்குமார், நெய்வேலி)

வீசும் காற்றில் எது சிறந்த காற்று? என்று கூற முடியுமா?

‘‘இளமை எனும் பூங்காற்று...’’ பாடல் இடம்பெற்ற படம் எது, அந்த படத்தின் கதாநாயகன் யார், பாடலை பாடியவர் யார்? (பி.சக்திவேல், நொச்சனூர்)

படம்: பகலில் ஒரு இரவு, அந்த படத்தின் கதாநாயகன்: விஜயகுமார், ஆனால் இந்த பாடல் காட்சியில் நடித்தவர்கள்: ரவிகுமார்–ஸ்ரீதேவி! பாடலை பாடியவர்: எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்பிரமணியம்!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:11 pm

James Vasanthan pEtti

"சுப்ரமணியபுரம்' படம் ஆரம்பிக்கும் போது, ஒரு திருவிழா பாடல் மட்டும்தான் படத்தில் இடம்பெற்றிருந்தது. வேறு எந்தப் பாடலையும் படத்தில் பயன்படுத்த திரைக்கதை அனுமதிக்காது என உறுதியாகக் கூறிவிட்டார் இயக்குநர் சசிகுமார். "படத்தில பாடலே இல்லை என்பதால்தான் என்னை இசையமைப்பாளராகப் போட்டியா நீ' என நான் ஜாலியாக சசிகுமாருடன் சண்டை பிடிப்பேன்.

ஒருநாள் படத்தில் ஒரு டூயட் வைக்கப்போவதாக சொன்னான். சந்தோஷத்தில் நான் பாடலை இசையமைப்போம் எனக் கிளம்ப, அந்த டூயட் பாடலாக 80களில் இளையராஜா இசையமைத்த பாடலைப் பயன்படுத்தப் போவதாகக் கூறினான். சொந்தமாக ஒரு டூயட் இசையமைத்து தருவதாக நான் கூறிய எதையுமே அவன் காதில் வாங்கிக்கொள்ளவில்லை.

என்ன நினைத்தானோ தெரியவில்லை மூன்று மாதங்கள் கடந்த பின்பு, "சார், ஒரு டூயட் போடுங்க பயன்படுத்திக்கலாம்' என்றான். அப்படியாக நான் இசையமைத்த பாடல்தான் "கண்கள் இரண்டால்'. அது பெரு வெற்றி பெற்றது.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri May 02, 2014 8:13 pm

Chinmayi on news again

dinamaNi wrote:
மொசக்குட்டி படத்தில் ஒரு பாடலை பாடகி சின்மயி பாடினால் நன்றாக இருக்கும் என்று முடிவு செய்து இயக்குநர் ஜீவனும் இசை அமைப்பாளர் ரமேஷ் விநாயகமும் சின்மயியை வரவழைத்தனர்.

அவரும் ஸ்டூடியோவிற்கு வந்து பாடுவதற்காக மைக் முன் நின்று பாடல் வரிகளை வாங்கி பார்த்து அதிர்ச்சியாகி வெளியே வந்து விட்டார்.

அப்படி என்ன வரிகள் என்று பார்த்தால் வாடா டேய் எம்புருசா நான் தாரேன் புதுப்பரிசா ஓம் போல பேரழகா பத்து பத்தா பெத்து தாரேண்டா.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue May 13, 2014 12:38 am

HJ and kidnap mirattals

சென்னையில் பிரபல திரைப்பட இசையமைப்பாளர் ஹாரிஸ் ஜெயராஜை கடத்திவிடுவதாக ரூ. 20 லட்சம் கேட்டு மிரட்டியதாக திருநெல்வேலியைச் சேர்ந்த 3 இளைஞர்கள் கைது செய்யப்பட்டனர்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Tue May 13, 2014 9:24 am

Idhu thAn mudhal mirattalA Harrisku? Shame on TN kidnappers.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue May 13, 2014 6:19 pm

fring151, Laughing

Now, more Laughing stuff here :

முந்தா நேத்து கீபோர்ட் வாசிக்க ஆரம்பித்து, நேற்று இசையமைக்க ஆரம்பித்த பிரேம்ஜிக்குக் கூட இசை இளவல் என்ற பட்டத்தைக் கொடுத்துள்ளனர்.

12 வருடங்களுக்கு முன் இசையமைப்பாளராக அறிமுகமாகி, ஐம்பதுக்கும் மேற்பட்ட படங்களுக்கு இசையமைத்து எத்தனையோ சூப்பர்ஹிட் பாடல்களைக் கொடுத்தவர் இசையமைப்பாளர் இமான். ஆனாலும் இதுநாள்வரை தன் பெயருக்கு முன்னால் எந்தவொரு அடைமொழியும், பட்டமும் இல்லாமல்தான் இருந்தார் இமான்.

இந்நிலையில், இமானுக்கு இசைப் பேரறிவாளன் என்ற படத்தை வழங்கி இருக்கிறார்கள். 

rotfl3

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue May 13, 2014 7:18 pm

LOL! Hope he doesnt spend the next 21 years in jail.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:03 pm

Ramesh Vinayakam's Ramanujan (on Srinivasa Ramanujan). Heard only 2 songs. Narayana by Vani Jayaram and Thuli Thuliyaay by Kaushiki Chakraborty and Ramesh Vinayagam and I liked both.

Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:38 am

Whattay poster! Only Indian film makers are capable of inserting a love angle into every story. Anyone interested in Ramanujan's life and works should read Robert Kanigel's book. Our filmmakers (99% of them) can't imagine movies without the obligatory masala elements thrown in. Strange, we as a country are so lou-obsessed when it comes to movies and song-lyrics, whereas in real-life loving the "wrong person" is pretty much a crime. The funny part is we consider the west to be lou and sex obsessed when they in fact produce a lot more non-lou based works of art.

Sherlock Holmes wrote:You have attempted to tinge it with romanticism, which produces much the same effect as if you worked a love-story or an elopement into the fifth proposition of Euclid

Listening to the music now. Sounds pretty neat. Ramesh Vinayagam is very talented. All the instrumental themes, in particular Ramanujan's theme and "English notes" are brilliantly arranged and orchestrated, befitting a great tale about one of the great mathematicians of the 20th century. And I have heard Ramesh Vinatagam does it all himself. I am almost certain the movie won't live up to this score, simply judging by the poster.

P.S: Wiki says it cast includes Sugaasini, Abbas and YG Mahendra. Naaraasam! Director is the same guy who directed Mogamul, the movie adaptation of the great literary novel by the same name. I haven't viewed the movie but have come across a commenter someplace making some uncharitable remarks about it- along the lines of, it reminding him of a "moondraam tharam Shakeela padam" and being a must-NOT-watch for those who have read or are planning to read the book.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:28 am

I was very impressed by the instrument tracks in this album. Good to see RV getting opportunities. When 2-bit composers get many opportunities, somebody has got taste when they hire RV for a film. I will write about the instrument tracks after a few hearings.

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  counterpoint Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:58 pm

Ramesh Vinayagam got lost somewhere out there in the din that invaded TFM these past few years. Almost every soundtrack of his so far would have at least a couple of interesting numbers. Hope he gets to play a sustained innings this time.

counterpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:00 am

fring151 wrote:Whattay poster! Only Indian film makers are capable of inserting a love angle into every story. Anyone interested in Ramanujan's life and works should read Robert Kanigel's book. Our filmmakers (99% of them) can't imagine movies without the obligatory masala elements thrown in. Strange, we as a country are so lou-obsessed when it comes to movies and song-lyrics, whereas in real-life loving the "wrong person" is pretty much a crime. The funny part is we consider the west to be lou and sex obsessed when they in fact produce a lot more non-lou based works of art.

Sherlock Holmes wrote:You have attempted to tinge it with romanticism, which produces much the same effect as if you worked a love-story or an elopement into the fifth proposition of Euclid

Listening to the music now. Sounds pretty neat. Ramesh Vinayagam is very talented. All the instrumental themes, in particular Ramanujan's theme and "English notes" are brilliantly arranged and orchestrated, befitting a great tale about one of the great mathematicians of the 20th century. And I have heard Ramesh Vinatagam does it all himself. I am almost certain the movie won't live up to this score, simply judging by the poster.

P.S: Wiki says it cast includes Sugaasini, Abbas and YG Mahendra. Naaraasam! Director is the same guy who directed Mogamul, the movie adaptation of the great literary novel by the same name. I haven't viewed the movie but have come across a commenter someplace making some uncharitable remarks about it- along the lines of, it reminding him of a "moondraam tharam Shakeela padam" and being a must-NOT-watch for those who have read or are planning to read the book.
vAre vA the Holmes/Doyle quote is sooo out of place and yet so fitting. Eppadi sollanumnu theriyala...they are out to make money, that is all....and promote the creator...whoever it is called this days, scriptwriter? Director? Producer? eLLorum nallA irukkatum....

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one." - Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood in Dead Pool)
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Whattay poster! Only Indian film makers are capable of inserting a love angle into every story. Anyone interested in Ramanujan's life and works should read Robert Kanigel's book. Our filmmakers (99% of them) can't imagine movies without the obligatory masala elements thrown in. 

word...he is S.Krishnaswamy in disguise.. has mastered the art of screwing up biopics with horrible casting and worst case making it unattainable for other worthy writers/directors to even attempt given the paucity of biopic worthy personalities in TN...TN govt. should banned him when he made the graffiti on 'Bharathi' with Shinde  Mad
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum