Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raja's New Albums

+49
Kr
BC
app_engine
crimson king
raagakann
ank
ravinat
counterpoint
kamalaakarsh
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
Manoj Raj
AbhiMusiq
raghuCA
Sakalakala Vallavar
Usha
panniapurathar
irfan123
sheepChase
suresh2
rajaclan
Shank
vicks
baroque
MH
Balu
Drunkenmunk
irir123
crvenky
Punnaimaran
writeface
mythila
Sanjeevi
rajkumarc
isaifan
fring151
jaiganesh
layman10
kiru
MumbaiRamki
sagi
skr
SenthilVinu
Bala (Karthik)
kameshratnam
Wizzy
kv
plum
V_S
Raaga_Suresh
53 posters

Page 32 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next

Go down

Raja's New Albums - Page 32 Empty Re: Raja's New Albums

Post  irfan123 Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:35 am

app_engine wrote: dinamani

I've seen some tweets referring to a FB post directed against this reviewer (soonAkAnA) but after seeing this page don't understand what was that for confused

இந்தாளு தான் ராசா பத்தி ஒன்னுமே எழுதலையே - நல்லது தானே? 

எரிச்சலைக் கெளப்புற மாதிரி ஏதாச்சும் எழுதாம இருக்கறது நல்லது தானே? 

"தினமணி பேப்பர்ல பின்னணி இசை பத்தி ஒன்னுமே சொல்லலை" என்பதெல்லாம் ஒரு பிரச்னையா என்ன? rotfl
ஆனால் இந்தத் திரைப்படத்தில் சாதாரண காட்சிகளில் கூட வழக்கமான தமிழ் திரைப்படங்களைப் போல  பின்னணி இசை கதறிக் கொண்டேயிருக்கிறது..............
Which one ? no reviewer says that . If they are simply mentioning about the violins of OAK impacted here in KT for sad scenes i would partially agree (with assumption i am not expert to dig into details how those violins related to sad scenes). But other instruments or unique sounds were used as well at so many places and it infact elevates the scene (just my opinion and doesnt spoil anything or viewing experience).

இந்த திரைக்கதைக்கு live sound எனப்படும் இயற்கையான சப்தங்களையே பெரும்பாலும் இயக்குநர் பயன்படுத்தியிருந்தால் ஓர் ஆவணப்படத்தின் தன்மையோடு பார்வையாளர்கள் இதனுடன் அதிகம் ஒன்றியிருக்கும் சாத்தியம் கூடியிருக்கும்.

the reviewer might have been sleeping or left theatre for break when "live sounds" were present at required scenes and astounding silence was there as well !!!

These kind of reviews are the ones can even distract regular raja fans thinking there is nothing interesting as far as bgm so let us not watch the movie just for bgm and folks will miss where good amount of interesting bgm pieces are there...

இளம்பெண்ணின் வீட்டில் வளர்க்கப்படும் கிளிகளின் கூச்சல் சப்தம், ரவியிடம் மனச்சாட்சியை உலுக்கும் இரைச்சலாக ஒலிப்பது மாதிரியான காட்சிகள், படத்தின் மையத்துக்குப் பொருத்தமாக அமைந்திருக்கின்றன.

There you go finally !! Those bird sounds. They do relate the the movie in the end and looks like raja what to emphasize that by giving subtle clues.
Looks like those sounds are not considered bgm as per reviewers..not sure why.

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:11 am

another link where violins come into play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1eTmieteHI

i am not sure what will be the review if it was reviewed now

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:57 pm

app_engine wrote: dinamani

I've seen some tweets referring to a FB post directed against this reviewer (soonAkAnA) but after seeing this page don't understand what was that for confused

இந்தாளு தான் ராசா பத்தி ஒன்னுமே எழுதலையே - நல்லது தானே? 

ஓஹோ, அதுல 2 பக்கம் இருக்கா - நான் கவனிக்கலை Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:21 pm

ராஜாவின் இசையை விமர்சிப்பதற்காகாவே திடீர் "அறிவு ஜீவிகளாக" பிறப்பெடுத்த அத்துணை நல்லுங்களுக்கு ஒரே ஒரு கேள்வி. இத்தனை நாளாக நீங்களெல்லாம் எங்கே போனீர்கள்? பின்னணி இசை என்ற பேரில், மற்றவர் போட்ட இசையை கொஞ்சம் கூட மனசாட்சியே இல்லாமல் தனது இசை என்று போட்டுக்கொள்வதிலிருந்து, பின்னணி இசை என்ற வார்த்தைக்கு அர்த்தம் கூட தெரியாத எண்ணற்ற இசைப்பாளர்களின் இசையை எதிர்த்து நீங்கள்  எப்போதாவது  கூட ஒரு வரி கூட எழுதி விமர்சித்து நாங்கள் பார்த்ததே இல்லையே. இசை என்ற பெயரிலேயே அவ்வளவு அநியாயம் செய்யும் இத்தலைமுறை இசையமைப்பாளர்களை இரத்தின கம்பளம் போட்டு வரவேற்பதன் சூட்சமும், ஒரு சின்ன வாய்ப்பு கிடைக்கும் போதும் கூட இசை என்ற வார்த்தைக்கு முழு அர்த்தம் கற்பித்து வரும் இசைஞானியை காலில் போட்டது மிதிப்பதை தவறாத சூட்சமும் அறிந்து கொள்ள பேராவலாக உள்ளேன்.

ஒன்று புரிந்து கொள்ளுங்கள். நீங்கள் எழுதும் ஒவ்வொரு இசை பற்றிய (முக்கியமாக பின்னணி இசையை பற்றிய) வரிகளுக்கும் இசைஞானியே சொந்தக்காரர் என்பதை தயவுசெய்து மறந்து விடாதீர்கள். அவர் மூலமாக இசையை பற்றியும், பின்னணி இசையை பற்றியும் அறிந்தும் தெரிந்தும் கொண்டு, அவரை விட அறிவு பெற்றுவிட்டதாக உணரும் உங்கள் அனைவரின் விமர்சனத்தை படிக்கும் பொழுது கிடைக்கும் அந்த அளவில்லா ஆனந்தத்திற்கு கோடி நன்றிகள். நீங்களும் உங்கள் அறிவற்ற விமர்சனங்களும் !!

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:55 pm

Sify

For a small budget film, Kuttrame Thandanai sparkles in the technical department. Right from the first frame, Ilaiyaaraja hooks us with his haunting score and undoubtedly in recent times, it is the best work of the ace composer. Apart from his phenomenal command over filmmaking, Manikandan's abstract way of showing things with his frames are beautiful to watch on big screen. The idea of showing the tunnel vision of the protagonist is brilliant and the crisp cut by editor Anu Charan is another big plus. 

To conclude, kuttrame thandanai is watchable for serious film buffs. 

Kuttrame Thandanai review-Verdict: Neat Crime thriller

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Manoj Raj Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:43 pm

Manoj Raj

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:01 pm

app_engine wrote: Sify

For a small budget film, Kuttrame Thandanai sparkles in the technical department. Right from the first frame, Ilaiyaaraja hooks us with his haunting score and undoubtedly in recent times, it is the best work of the ace composer. Apart from his phenomenal command over filmmaking, Manikandan's abstract way of showing things with his frames are beautiful to watch on big screen. The idea of showing the tunnel vision of the protagonist is brilliant and the crisp cut by editor Anu Charan is another big plus. 

To conclude, kuttrame thandanai is watchable for serious film buffs. 

Kuttrame Thandanai review-Verdict: Neat Crime thriller
haunting score.. check this nooravathu nall clip (navin bgm rip for 100vathu naal) @8:33 above those weird dark sounds Smile
do see them for scarry scenes in KT (not sure it is chorus or somekind of instrument mixed with chorus )

clip with timeline
https://youtu.be/LpCNZOnCgCA?t=517

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:03 pm

dafEdAr & Kerala CM

மிகவும் ஆச்சர்யமான விஷயமாக கேர முதலமைச்சர் பினராயி விஜயன் இந்தப்படத்தின் இசையை வெளியிட்டுள்ளார்.. இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவுக்கும் மறைந்த நடிகர் கலாபவன் மணிக்கும் கெளரவம் சேர்ப்பதற்காகவே இந்த விழாவில் கேரளா முதலமைச்சர் கலந்துகொண்டதாக சொல்லப்படுகிறது.

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:04 pm

crimson king wrote:
mythila wrote:AFA OAK is concerned, as Irfan commented, this movie is high
on emotional content which got sugar coated and propped up as a thriller
for marketing reasons, perhaps and hence Raja also went all out for
dark, rich bg score that accentuated the atonement emotions of Myskin.

Where did he say that?  If anything, he agreed with me that the score doesn't mesh with the film. Yes, the film has emotions but it is also very ambivalent and in that respect, lets the audience watch and form their judgments rather than thrusting its judgments on them in the way a regular mainstream film would. There is no clear cut us and them, naanga/neenga in OAK and the protagonist is made to realise that the real villain can often be circumstance. 

The thing  is the vocabulary of these sort of films are different from typical Tamil films.  They don't NEED such an evocative score as Raja gives.  I love Henry Mancini's scores but can't imagine him composing the score for French Connection.  He would feel so bored. Just today, I finally watched the much hyped Shiva/Udhayam.  I was told it is a cult classic.  I saw a merely half way decent film elevated by a magical back ground score.  That is the kind of film where Raja's score works best.  It has good intentions but at times is crude/lacks coherence and the score elevates these moments and conveys that which the director failed to express. Those films, like many others in the 80s, were as much Ilayaraja films as they were RGV/MR/as applicable films, maybe more so in some cases.  The things that Mani Ratnam does not convey in Mouna Raagam are filled up by the background score.  But such a strong theme is not needed in a film like OAK because that kind of makes it over communicative.  I don't want to know what I am supposed to be feeling at that particular point through a rich string section; that feels manipulative. Silence would in fact make the tension, the confusion even more palpable. 

That is my opinion and I can respect the fact that others may have a different view.  I do not respect the notion that this immediately implies such a view can only come from somebody biased against Raja and therefore in turn the view is to be disregarded.  Maybe B Rangan or Karthik don't like modern Raja very much at all but even so, it doesn't mean everything they say is invalid just because of who's saying it.

I am sorry for misquoting IRFan in my last post. I have amended my
post and thanks for pointing it. I must have been sleep posting Smile.
Regarding OAK bgm , even though , I can see your view, I am unable to
accept that Myskin portrayal had ambivalence and only IR's score over
stated the smouldering emotions. May be IR only added more fuel to the
emotional /sentiment flame set by Myskin. OAK is not such a "matter of
fact" , stark thriller like a "Kirumi" or "VisAranai" to also expect
such a level of restraint from IR.
Having said that, it would be interesting to see how IR scores bgm for
emotion dry thrillers like Thegidi, Kirumi , ambivalent plots like
IRaivi.
As I had posted in the film review section, I was highly impressed
with music director K's re-redording for  Kirumi.

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  rajaclan Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:39 am

Manoj Raj wrote:

Is anyone finding resemblance of the music to "en veetu thotathil poovellam ketupar" from gentleman or is it only me?
same ragam?

rajaclan

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:58 pm

CR / irfan123,

I had written that article on the BGM of OAK. My understanding is clear and I think Raja did a terrific job in OAK.

The problem is that we confuse the BGM with sound level. Now, when Myskin does his monologue, the BGM is very appropriate. Without BGM the scene would have fallen flat since Myskin in no great actor and cannot emote with the intensity the scene requires. What can at most be said is that the BGM sound level was high (I didn't feel so but that can be a valid criticism). Now, at what level you retain the BGM is a decision which the director and sound engineer take finally. The music director generally has no say in it.

If you hear it stand alone and it invokes the scene for you and gets the emotions right, I would say the BGM was appropriate. If you wanted the BGM to have been at a lower sound level, that is fine. But would silence have the scene. I would argue no, because Myskin is a bad actor and definitely required support to get the emotion right.

(As a counterpoint, just watched 'Appa'. In one intense scene, there is a close of Samudrakani, who is reacting intensely. He has just found out that the son he thought he lost has been found. Kani does a good job there and Raja just keeps silent. So Raja in most cases does not score if the scene conveys what it wants to without music. He comes in only when music is needed)

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:42 pm

Raaga_Suresh wrote:If you hear it stand alone and it invokes the scene for you and gets the emotions right, I would say the BGM was appropriate. 

Yes, but that's not what I said.  I said the standalone BGM CD was beautiful as an assortment of western classical-based tracks.  I can't say I find the association of different BGM tracks strong.  Say the Karthik and Mohan themes in Mouna Raagam are so distinct I can immediately associate them with the respective character.  I didn't find that level of association.  Which per se is fine because I don't expect that strong a BGM theme in a film like OAK.  But it was the discord between the rich score and the very indie looking movie that Mysskin had made that didn't work for me. I agree that Mysskin is a bad actor but the score in that passage was trying to guide me to sympathise with him and I don't want that.  The film doesn't come out unequivocally in support of Mysskin's character.  It is like a chakravyuh of moral dilemmas one after the other in which the young medical student gets caught until he eventually finds himself on the side of the criminals. Could there perhaps have been a different theme at a lower volume when Mysskin embarked on his monologue?  Maybe.  But the theme itself was too sentimental for me in that situation.  Overall, I felt there was a mismatch between Mysskin's ambitions in both hiring Raja and asking a John Williams like score of him and the film that Mysskin had actually made. In fairness to IR, he did not exactly give him a JW score because he too perhaps realised watching the film that it would not fit.  He tried to satisfy Mysskin's aspirations and simultaneously keep the score aligned to the film itself.  But it was a compromise and not a seamless blend.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:06 pm

பொழுது போக்குபவர்

குற்றமே தண்டனை படத்தில் இளையராஜாவின் பின்னணி இசை சுத்த மோசம் என ஒரு சில இசை வித்துவான்கள் கடந்த சில நாட்களாக 80-களில் டைப்ரைட்டிங்கில் லோயர் பாஸ் பண்ண ஒரே காரணத்தால் கீபோர்டில் தட்டி தீர்க்கின்றனர். அதுக்கு இவர்கள் சொல்லும் முக்கிய காரணம் இசை சர்வதேச தரத்தில் இல்லையாம்...!!
"இவ்ளோ பேசுறியே, உனக்கு இசையைப் பத்தி என்ன தெரியும்? சங்கதி தெரியுமா? கர்நாடகா தெரியுமா? காவேரி தெரியுமா? சுதியை ஏத்தி இறக்க தெரியுமா?"ன்னு எந்த வித்துவானாவது கேட்டா அதுக்கு என்னோட ஒரே பதில்,

"ஆமா, எனக்கு இசையைப் பத்தி ஒரு கூந்தலும் தெரியாது, ஆனா இளையராஜாவோட இசை இல்லன்னா ஒரு வேளை நான் பாலா பட ஹீரோ மாதிரியோ, பெண்ணா இருந்தா பாலச்சந்தர் பட ஹீரோயின் மாதிரியோ ஆகியிருக்கலாம்..."

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:10 am

"What can at most be said is that the BGM sound level was high (I didn't feel so but that can be a valid criticism)."

raaga suresh ..this is what i am trying to convery as well. OAK BGM is one of the best works of raja, it just overpowers in some parts. (different than saying it totally doesnt mesh with the film).  also your article explains about the usage of violins for those scenes detailing the complexities. did you watch kutramae thandanai ?

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  irfan123 Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:13 am

rajaclan wrote:
Manoj Raj wrote:

Is anyone finding resemblance of the music to "en veetu thotathil poovellam ketupar" from gentleman or is it only me?
same ragam?
well. it is well know theru koothu type of song and especially when they complete the drama in olden days they sing mangalam mangalam ..this movie looks like about stage drama so probably it goes on same lines ..there are so many mangalam songs i am attaching clip of one of them..listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIjlG_fLq18

irfan123

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:08 pm

Onam special!

When I was thinking Maestro's Malayalam films may not come again given Sathyan Anthikkad moving away and also Pratap's movie becoming a non-starter, Dafedar came from nowhere. Looks like the movie started way back in 2014 as per this video, but they didn't announce/finalize the music director that time.

Coming to the song, it is a nice free-flowing song with native melody. It reminds me of thirathannil of Bhagyadevatha at few places, but not that sweet compared to the former. The small phrase after anu-pallavi is charming. CharaNam gets sweeter. Vijay Yesudas and chorus did a fine job. Maestro kept it simple and soulful. Song was shot at a beautiful location, just that they could have choreographed better, it looks awkward at many places. Same holds true with respect to acting, amateur acting.

Looking forward to the film and music.

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:29 pm

இன்று உலகம் இருக்கும் நிலையைக் கண்டால் இப்பொழுதெல்லாம் இறை நம்பிக்கையெல்லாம் குறைந்துகொண்டே வருகிறது. வயதும் அது கற்றுக்கொடுக்கும் பாடங்களும் இறை நம்பிக்கை எனும் தூணை பலமாக ஆட்டுகின்றது. இறை வழிபாட்டையெல்லாம் கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமாக நிறுத்த முயற்சித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறேன். ஆனால் சிறுவயதில் அப்படி இல்லை. நாங்கள் கூட்டுக்குடும்பம். இரண்டு பெரியப்பா, அத்தைகள், அவர்கள் மகன்கள் குடும்பம் என்று இருபது இருபத்தைந்து பேர் ஒன்றாக இருந்த காலம். தாத்தாவிற்கு வயதாகி பெரியப்பா தலை தூக்கிய காலம். அவர் சொல்வது தான் சட்டம். அவர் சிரித்து அநேகமாக நான் பார்த்ததாக நினைவில்லை. வீட்டிற்காக மிகவும் உழைத்தவர். விடியற்காலை 3 மணிக்கு எழுந்து முதல் வண்டிபிடித்து வேலைக்கு சென்னைக்கு கிளம்பி (பெரம்பூர் என்று நினைக்கிறேன்) (ரைல்வேஸ்) இரவு அவர் வர மணி ஒன்பதாகும். வரும்பொழுதே வீட்டிற்கு தேவையானவற்றை வாங்கிவந்து, எல்லாவற்றையும் சரிபார்த்து சாப்பிட்டு தூங்க இரவு 11 ஆகிவிடும். மீண்டும் காலை மூன்று மணி எழுந்தாகவேண்டும். அவருடன் பேச கிடைக்கும் சமயம் சனிக்கிழமையோ ஞாயிறோதான். இறைபக்தி நிறைய உடையவர்.

புரட்டாசி முதல் சனிக்கிழமை நாளை வருகிறது. சனி பகவான் தன்னுடைய சீற்றத்தை தணிக்கும் மாதம் என்று நம்பிக்கை. திருப்பதியில் ப்ரமோட்சவம் நடக்கும் நேரம். இம்மாதம் சனி பகவானையும் பெருமாளையும் வழிபட்டால் மிக விசேஷம் என்பது நம்பிக்கை. அந்த நாட்களில் புரட்டாசி சனிக்கிழமை எங்கள் வீட்டில் மிகவும் விசேஷம். காலையில் நீராடிவிட்டு என் பெரியப்பா எனக்கும் என் தம்பிக்கும் நெற்றியில் பெரிய நாமம் இட்டு, வெண்கல சொம்பில் நாமிமிட்டு  எங்களிடம் கொடுத்து எங்கள் தெருவில் இருக்கும் அனைத்து வீட்டிற்கு சென்று பாடல் பாடி பிட்சை எடுத்து வருமாறு அனுப்பி வைப்பார். அப்படி எடுத்து வந்த அரிசியில் தான் உலை. முதல் ஓரிரு சமயம் மிகவும் வெட்கமாக இருந்தது. போகப்போக சரியாகிவிட்டது. வீட்டில் மாவிளக்கிட்டு வந்த அரிசியை சமைத்து கடவுளுக்கு நைவேத்யம் செய்து விட்டுத்தான் சாப்பாடு.

அவ்வாறு பாடிக்கொண்டு நடக்கும்போது சில சமயம் ஒரு பெரியவர் கையில் சிறு தம்புரா ஏந்தி ஒரு வித்தியாசமான குரலில் ராமரையும், கிருஷ்ணரையும் விஷ்ணுவையும் துதி பாடிக்கொண்டே வருவார். அவருடைய முகம் இன்றும் நினைவில் உள்ளது. நம் வாழ்வில் எப்போதெல்லாம் இசைஞானி கூட வருவார் என்பது நமக்கே தெரியாது. அவரது இசை நம்மை எங்கே எடுத்துச் செல்லப்போகிறதென்பதும் நமக்கு தெரியாது.  அவருடைய இசை அப்படி. நம் வாழ்வியலோடு ஒன்றோடு ஒன்றாக கலந்த அற்புதம். நாம் மறந்த மறக்கக்கூடாத வாழ்வில் புதைந்து கிடைக்கும் பல உன்னத தருணங்களை தன் இசை மூலமாக மீட்டெடுத்தவர், மீட்டெடுக்கக்கூடியவர். இப்பாடலைக் இன்று கேட்கும் பொழுது திடீரென்று நான் மேற் கூறிய ஒவ்வொன்றும் தெள்ளத்தெளிவாக நினைவில் வந்து ஓட மனதில் ஒரே குதூகலம். அவர் சற்றே தன் குரலைக் மாற்றி ஒரு வயதானவர் பாடும் தொனியை ஒற்றினாற்போல் பாடும் பொழுது அவ்வளவு உண்மை. அந்தக் குரலே இன்று என்னை எனக்கு காட்டிக்கொடுத்து விட்டது. அந்த காந்தக் குரல் என்னை எங்கோ எடுத்துச் செல்கிறது. சுந்தர தெலுங்கின் இனிமையும், ஒவ்வொரு சொல்லில் இருக்கும் ஜீவனும், இசையில் உள்ள சிறு சோகமும், அதே சமயம் சிறுபிள்ளை போல விளையாடும் குறும்பும் நம்மை அப்படியே ஆட்கொள்ளும். இந்தப்பாடல் இனி என் வாழ்க்கை முழுவதும் தொடரப்போவதில் ஐயமேதுமில்லை.

நான் சொல்ல விழைவது, இதுபோல் எண்ணற்ற இசை வடிவங்களை அவர் நமக்கு அளித்தது, வெறும் சினிமா என்ற குறுகிய வட்டத்திற்குள் அந்த இசையை கேட்பதற்கோ,  ரசிப்பதற்கோ, அவரை மதிப்பிடுவதற்கோ (மட்டும்) அல்ல, நம் வாழ்வியலோடும் அது தானாகவே நாம் பூட்டு போட்டுவிட்ட, இறந்த நினைவலைகளை எப்படி மீட்டெடுக்கிறது என்றும் அதனால் நம் மனதிலும் உடலிலும் ஏற்படும் அதிர்வுகளையும், அதனால் உண்டாகும் ஆனந்த நிலையையும் உணர இதைவிட சிறந்த மருந்தை, மருத்துவரை தேடினாலும் கிடைக்காது. இவரது பாடல்கள் கேட்கும் பொழுதெல்லாம் நான் விட முயன்ற இறை நம்பிக்கையை மீண்டும் அவர் தந்தை ஸ்தானத்தில் இருந்து தன் பாடல்கள் மூலமாக தட்டி கேட்கின்ற அந்த பாசமும், பரிவும், சொந்தம் கொண்டாடும் லாவகமும் என்னை முழுவதுமாக கட்டிப்போட்டு விடுகின்றது. நான் என்ன செய்ய?

http://play.raaga.com/telugu/album/Mana-Oori-Ramayanam-songs-A0003652

Back to top Go down

Post  ank Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:04 pm

V_S wrote:இன்று உலகம் இருக்கும் நிலையைக் கண்டால் இப்பொழுதெல்லாம் இறை நம்பிக்கையெல்லாம் குறைந்துகொண்டே வருகிறது. வயதும் அது கற்றுக்கொடுக்கும் பாடங்களும் இறை நம்பிக்கை எனும் தூணை பலமாக ஆட்டுகின்றது. இறை வழிபாட்டையெல்லாம் கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமாக நிறுத்த முயற்சித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறேன். ஆனால் சிறுவயதில் அப்படி இல்லை. நாங்கள் கூட்டுக்குடும்பம். இரண்டு பெரியப்பா, அத்தைகள், அவர்கள் மகன்கள் குடும்பம் என்று இருபது இருபத்தைந்து பேர் ஒன்றாக இருந்த காலம். தாத்தாவிற்கு வயதாகி பெரியப்பா தலை தூக்கிய காலம். அவர் சொல்வது தான் சட்டம். அவர் சிரித்து அநேகமாக நான் பார்த்ததாக நினைவில்லை. வீட்டிற்காக மிகவும் உழைத்தவர். விடியற்காலை 3 மணிக்கு எழுந்து முதல் வண்டிபிடித்து வேலைக்கு சென்னைக்கு கிளம்பி (பெரம்பூர் என்று நினைக்கிறேன்) (ரைல்வேஸ்) இரவு அவர் வர மணி ஒன்பதாகும். வரும்பொழுதே வீட்டிற்கு தேவையானவற்றை வாங்கிவந்து, எல்லாவற்றையும் சரிபார்த்து சாப்பிட்டு தூங்க இரவு 11 ஆகிவிடும். மீண்டும் காலை மூன்று மணி எழுந்தாகவேண்டும். அவருடன் பேச கிடைக்கும் சமயம் சனிக்கிழமையோ ஞாயிறோதான். இறைபக்தி நிறைய உடையவர்.

புரட்டாசி முதல் சனிக்கிழமை நாளை வருகிறது. சனி பகவான் தன்னுடைய சீற்றத்தை தணிக்கும் மாதம் என்று நம்பிக்கை. திருப்பதியில் ப்ரமோட்சவம் நடக்கும் நேரம். இம்மாதம் சனி பகவானையும் பெருமாளையும் வழிபட்டால் மிக விசேஷம் என்பது நம்பிக்கை. அந்த நாட்களில் புரட்டாசி சனிக்கிழமை எங்கள் வீட்டில் மிகவும் விசேஷம். காலையில் நீராடிவிட்டு என் பெரியப்பா எனக்கும் என் தம்பிக்கும் நெற்றியில் பெரிய நாமம் இட்டு, வெண்கல சொம்பில் நாமிமிட்டு  எங்களிடம் கொடுத்து எங்கள் தெருவில் இருக்கும் அனைத்து வீட்டிற்கு சென்று பாடல் பாடி பிட்சை எடுத்து வருமாறு அனுப்பி வைப்பார். அப்படி எடுத்து வந்த அரிசியில் தான் உலை. முதல் ஓரிரு சமயம் மிகவும் வெட்கமாக இருந்தது. போகப்போக சரியாகிவிட்டது. வீட்டில் மாவிளக்கிட்டு வந்த அரிசியை சமைத்து கடவுளுக்கு நைவேத்யம் செய்து விட்டுத்தான் சாப்பாடு.

அவ்வாறு பாடிக்கொண்டு நடக்கும்போது சில சமயம் ஒரு பெரியவர் கையில் சிறு தம்புரா ஏந்தி ஒரு வித்தியாசமான குரலில் ராமரையும், கிருஷ்ணரையும் விஷ்ணுவையும் துதி பாடிக்கொண்டே வருவார். அவருடைய முகம் இன்றும் நினைவில் உள்ளது. நம் வாழ்வில் எப்போதெல்லாம் இசைஞானி கூட வருவார் என்பது நமக்கே தெரியாது. அவரது இசை நம்மை எங்கே எடுத்துச் செல்லப்போகிறதென்பதும் நமக்கு தெரியாது.  அவருடைய இசை அப்படி. நம் வாழ்வியலோடு ஒன்றோடு ஒன்றாக கலந்த அற்புதம். நாம் மறந்த மறக்கக்கூடாத வாழ்வில் புதைந்து கிடைக்கும் பல உன்னத தருணங்களை தன் இசை மூலமாக மீட்டெடுத்தவர், மீட்டெடுக்கக்கூடியவர். இப்பாடலைக் இன்று கேட்கும் பொழுது திடீரென்று நான் மேற் கூறிய ஒவ்வொன்றும் தெள்ளத்தெளிவாக நினைவில் வந்து ஓட மனதில் ஒரே குதூகலம். அவர் சற்றே தன் குரலைக் மாற்றி ஒரு வயதானவர் பாடும் தொனியை ஒற்றினாற்போல் பாடும் பொழுது அவ்வளவு உண்மை. அந்தக் குரலே இன்று என்னை எனக்கு காட்டிக்கொடுத்து விட்டது. அந்த காந்தக் குரல் என்னை எங்கோ எடுத்துச் செல்கிறது. சுந்தர தெலுங்கின் இனிமையும், ஒவ்வொரு சொல்லில் இருக்கும் ஜீவனும், இசையில் உள்ள சிறு சோகமும், அதே சமயம் சிறுபிள்ளை போல விளையாடும் குறும்பும் நம்மை அப்படியே ஆட்கொள்ளும். இந்தப்பாடல் இனி என் வாழ்க்கை முழுவதும் தொடரப்போவதில் ஐயமேதுமில்லை.

நான் சொல்ல விழைவது, இதுபோல் எண்ணற்ற இசை வடிவங்களை அவர் நமக்கு அளித்தது, வெறும் சினிமா என்ற குறுகிய வட்டத்திற்குள் அந்த இசையை கேட்பதற்கோ,  ரசிப்பதற்கோ, அவரை மதிப்பிடுவதற்கோ (மட்டும்) அல்ல, நம் வாழ்வியலோடும் அது தானாகவே நாம் பூட்டு போட்டுவிட்ட, இறந்த நினைவலைகளை எப்படி மீட்டெடுக்கிறது என்றும் அதனால் நம் மனதிலும் உடலிலும் ஏற்படும் அதிர்வுகளையும், அதனால் உண்டாகும் ஆனந்த நிலையையும் உணர இதைவிட சிறந்த மருந்தை, மருத்துவரை தேடினாலும் கிடைக்காது. இவரது பாடல்கள் கேட்கும் பொழுதெல்லாம் நான் விட முயன்ற இறை நம்பிக்கையை மீண்டும் அவர் தந்தை ஸ்தானத்தில் இருந்து தன் பாடல்கள் மூலமாக தட்டி கேட்கின்ற அந்த பாசமும், பரிவும், சொந்தம் கொண்டாடும் லாவகமும் என்னை முழுவதுமாக கட்டிப்போட்டு விடுகின்றது. நான் என்ன செய்ய?

http://play.raaga.com/telugu/album/Mana-Oori-Ramayanam-songs-A0003652

Beautiful write-up.  I could relate to the first half of your first sentence but because of that my Irai Bhakthi, I am trying to increase it even further.  I could relate to the part where you sing bhajans and visit people's homes for rice.  I lived in Perambur during the late 70s and it was a regular in that area during Purattasi Sanikizhamai.  The people who get the alms would give back a few grains that will be added to the rice used for cooking.  So we would wait for the people to visit us for the rice before our parents would start cooking on Saturdays.  And people would gather at the RBCC school for prayers on Saturday.

I loved the song from Mana Oori Ramayanam.  His rendition is superb.  His voice sounds different.

ank

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:32 pm

Thanks ank Smile Great to hear that you also had similar experience Very Happy Yes his voice haunts in mana oori ramayanam.

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:11 am

V_S , அந்த புரட்டாசி மாத பக்தி படலத்தை கண் முன் கொண்டு வந்து நிறுத்தியதற்கு மிக்க நன்றி. அந்த பெருமாள் கோவில் துளசியும் தீர்த்தமும் போன்றது தான் நம் ராஜாவின் இந்த பாடலும். Simple, yet fresh and refreshing even after thousands of compositions !! Amazing !! no latest genres, fancy sound / electronic gimmicks ..all in the tune.. Riding on pure fundamentals. !! இங்கு நடந்த கச்சேரிக்கு அவர் நுழைவதை பார்த்தவுடன் தானாகவே என் கைகளை கூப்பி எழுந்து நின்று மெய்  சிலிர்த்து விட்டேன். கோவில் பிரசங்கத்தில் ஒருவர் சொன்னார் ராமர் , கிருஷ்ணா போல் இல்லாமல் சாய் பாபா நம் யுகத்தில் வாழ்ந்தது சென்றார் என்று. ராஜாவின் சமகாலத்தில் நாம் வாழ்வது ஒரு பாக்கியமே .

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:16 am

(Digression: Does RB in RBCC stand for Rao Bahadur ? Child hood memories of hanging out with my cousins in Perambur, going to sembiathammal temple, Venus theatre, running/watching sportsmen in the railway ground, Paper mills road etc  etc)

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:39 am

kiru wrote:அந்த பெருமாள் கோவில் துளசியும் தீர்த்தமும் போன்றது தான் நம் ராஜாவின் இந்த பாடலும். Simple, yet fresh and refreshing even after thousands of compositions !! Amazing !! no latest genres, fancy sound / electronic gimmicks ..all in the tune.. Riding on pure fundamentals. !! இங்கு நடந்த கச்சேரிக்கு அவர் நுழைவதை பார்த்தவுடன் தானாகவே என் கைகளை கூப்பி எழுந்து நின்று மெய்  சிலிர்த்து விட்டேன். கோவில் பிரசங்கத்தில் ஒருவர் சொன்னார் ராமர் , கிருஷ்ணா போல் இல்லாமல் சாய் பாபா நம் யுகத்தில் வாழ்ந்தது சென்றார் என்று. ராஜாவின் சமகாலத்தில் நாம் வாழ்வது ஒரு பாக்கியமே .

Exactly!! Very well said Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:17 pm

another "festival" type movie with IR's music

Priyadharshan directed "sometimes" with Prakash Raj acting...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  ank Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:37 am

kiru wrote:(Digression: Does RB in RBCC stand for Rao Bahadur ? Child hood memories of hanging out with my cousins in Perambur, going to sembiathammal temple, Venus theatre, running/watching sportsmen in the railway ground, Paper mills road etc  etc)

Yes.  Rao Bahadur Calavalakannan Chetty. But I didnt study there - I studied in Don Bosco Perambur.   Railway ground hosted 1st division cricket - so we will have many of the TN Ranji stars like TE, Venkat, Bharath Reddy. Sivaramakrishnan (left hand bat) play there frequently

ank

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:00 pm

I am from Periyar Nagar and many days of the weekend have been spent on playing in RBCC grounds.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 43  Next