Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raja's New Albums

+48
BC
app_engine
crimson king
raagakann
ank
ravinat
counterpoint
kamalaakarsh
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
Manoj Raj
AbhiMusiq
raghuCA
Sakalakala Vallavar
Usha
panniapurathar
irfan123
sheepChase
suresh2
rajaclan
Shank
vicks
baroque
MH
Balu
Drunkenmunk
irir123
crvenky
Punnaimaran
writeface
mythila
Sanjeevi
rajkumarc
isaifan
fring151
jaiganesh
layman10
kiru
MumbaiRamki
sagi
skr
SenthilVinu
Bala (Karthik)
kameshratnam
Wizzy
kv
plum
V_S
Raaga_Suresh
52 posters

Page 37 of 43 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43  Next

Go down

Raja's New Albums - Page 37 Empty Re: Raja's New Albums

Post  kamalaakarsh Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:31 pm

ravinat wrote:
app_engine wrote:
jaiganesh wrote:Also the grammar of cinema itself has changed these days. Gone or the days when films were about simple emotions and plot points. Nowadays the movies are dealing with more nuanced and metaphor laden themes. the musical treatment cannot be the same. Raaja is cognizant of this transition than any other Musician in the field.

There cannot be two opinions on IR being able to do "apt / most fitting" job, better than anyone in the biz, in line with whatever the industry is travelling to (even directing the ship to more modernistic trends) Smile

What I was talking about was primarily w.r.t songs of the same time period (may be even exactly similar kind of movies) depending upon what the producer is able to spend for execution.

BTW, regardless of the new-age-new-theme movies, there continues to be Kamal-Rajini-Vijay-Ajit kind of movies Laughing

Interestingly, we haven't seen IR doing a high-bud-full-fledged-big-star-masAlA in Thamizh in recent times (though we got rAmarAjyam & rudhramA dEvi in Telugu in recent years).

digression - ட்விட்டர்ல விடுமுறை எடுத்துருக்கீங்களா?
App,

Some of Raja's recent films is quite confusing. For example, '60 vayadhu maaniram' - do you consider this as a small or big budget movie? The songs have no rich orchestration. If you listen to 'Raajavin ramana geetham', which is a charitable work, the recording is very good in comparison.  The parameters driving him are simply hard to fathom.
I so relate to the above words in bold. 

My rant begins/

I am not at all liking the arrangements in his recent albums, particularly the synth based ones. Even in the latest album - 60 vayadu - I was pained to listen to those keyboard strings. In fact, one song "Thedi Thedi?" had only one flute bit as real instrument I think. Rest all was keyboards... and it all felt non-raaja to me. The sound and to some extent even the melody. 

rant ends\
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:47 pm

Looks like the BO status of mERkuth thodarchchi malai is OK Smile

https://www.newstodaynet.com/entertainment/i-didnt-like-merku-thodarchi-malai-vijay-sethupathi-121187.html

He also said that he had not made any money from the release as he had asked the director to use all the returns to fuel promotional activities.

About the success, the actor-turned-producer said, "Lenin was worried that we would not get enough theatres. But if there was a demand, people will come and watch a film. Thanks to the media, which has created a demand for our film. And now, more theatre-owners are opting to show it."

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  irir123 Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:02 pm

any idea what are the lines in the opening western style choir in the prelude of "maarugo maarugo" from 'vetri vizha' ?
irir123
irir123

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:26 pm

irir123 wrote:any idea what are the lines in the opening western style choir in the prelude of "maarugo maarugo" from 'vetri vizha' ?

Possibly konkani / Goa / Portughese stuff, difficult to decipher.
(Or it could be some Latin / Syrian church chant, once again unintelligible)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  irir123 Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:52 pm

app_engine wrote:
irir123 wrote:any idea what are the lines in the opening western style choir in the prelude of "maarugo maarugo" from 'vetri vizha' ?

Possibly konkani / Goa / Portughese stuff, difficult to decipher.
(Or it could be some Latin / Syrian church chant, once again unintelligible)

its not Konkani - its some kind of a Christian hymn
irir123
irir123

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:02 pm

MTM vikatan review had been posted by someone on twitter - loading those pictures here...

Another IR movie with high marks (though I don't personally rate movies according to AV marks, it is known that lot of people think big about that)

Raja's New Albums - Page 37 Dl0ge210

Raja's New Albums - Page 37 Dl0gkc10

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:03 pm

kamalaakarsh wrote:
ravinat wrote:
app_engine wrote:
jaiganesh wrote:Also the grammar of cinema itself has changed these days. Gone or the days when films were about simple emotions and plot points. Nowadays the movies are dealing with more nuanced and metaphor laden themes. the musical treatment cannot be the same. Raaja is cognizant of this transition than any other Musician in the field.

There cannot be two opinions on IR being able to do "apt / most fitting" job, better than anyone in the biz, in line with whatever the industry is travelling to (even directing the ship to more modernistic trends) Smile

What I was talking about was primarily w.r.t songs of the same time period (may be even exactly similar kind of movies) depending upon what the producer is able to spend for execution.

BTW, regardless of the new-age-new-theme movies, there continues to be Kamal-Rajini-Vijay-Ajit kind of movies Laughing

Interestingly, we haven't seen IR doing a high-bud-full-fledged-big-star-masAlA in Thamizh in recent times (though we got rAmarAjyam & rudhramA dEvi in Telugu in recent years).

digression - ட்விட்டர்ல விடுமுறை எடுத்துருக்கீங்களா?
App,

Some of Raja's recent films is quite confusing. For example, '60 vayadhu maaniram' - do you consider this as a small or big budget movie? The songs have no rich orchestration. If you listen to 'Raajavin ramana geetham', which is a charitable work, the recording is very good in comparison.  The parameters driving him are simply hard to fathom.
I so relate to the above words in bold. 

My rant begins/

I am not at all liking the arrangements in his recent albums, particularly the synth based ones. Even in the latest album - 60 vayadu - I was pained to listen to those keyboard strings. In fact, one song "Thedi Thedi?" had only one flute bit as real instrument I think. Rest all was keyboards... and it all felt non-raaja to me. The sound and to some extent even the melody. 

rant ends\
we cannot be any more divergent here. His recent synth sounds well rounded - without trying to be hyper about trying to carry the ideas that can only be best conveyed through a live orchestra ensemble. Hence it is more restrained and less grating. I do agree that it inherently means we are getting more subdued tones from the backing in place of lush tones we are so used to. I am fine if the BGM suits the film - At the stage he is in I want his 100% in projects that hold his attention than the ones he is loaded with due to acquaintance. HST - he has special corner for Prakash raj and it Shows in these 3 tunes he has given the film.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:51 am

Today heard the songs of 60 vayadhu Maniram on HomePod.. Naalum Naalum is such a beauty!!

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:49 pm

jaiganesh wrote:Today heard the songs of 60 vayadhu Maniram on HomePod.. Naalum Naalum is such a beauty!!

Naalum naalum song.. kaeka kaeka nalla iruku. chinna chorus.. vidhyasamana ondru...... idhuvum nalla iruku........

naalum naalum...... oh oh... idhu dhan kaetadhum manadhil padhindha chorus.....

Female feeings.. Good corner from IR. always....

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:52 am

Usha wrote:
jaiganesh wrote:Today heard the songs of 60 vayadhu Maniram on HomePod.. Naalum Naalum is such a beauty!!

Naalum naalum song.. kaeka kaeka nalla iruku. chinna chorus.. vidhyasamana ondru...... idhuvum nalla iruku........

naalum naalum...... oh oh... idhu dhan kaetadhum manadhil padhindha chorus.....

Female feeings.. Good corner from IR. always....
Akka.. Naalum Naalum is straight out of 80s - panneer pushpangal draw.. 
Such a tough song and Monali gets it well. the duet version with benny dhayal is also good.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:01 am

Jaiganesh,
unmai dhan.... 80's composition style dhan indha padathu paatu rendum........ so sweet....

about instrumentation.. konjam dhan.
. ennudiaya feelings.. ipodhu veru syllabus... adharkaga nammai pazhakugirar...
during 90s ipadi thanae irundhadhu.. late 90s and 2000s ... niraindhu irundhadhu... adhai pola dhan indha padamum paatum..

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:10 pm

Udhayanidhi Stalin movie gonna have IR's music Shocked  (Well, directed by Mysskin)
https://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/tamil-cinema/article24862433.ece

BTW, funny to see that this one too gets produced by the same "double meaning" fellows (who are doing the Sibiraj Sathyaraj movie with IR's music)

இந்தப் படத்துக்கு ‘சைக்கோ’ எனப் பெயர் வைக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. டபுள் மீனிங் புரொடக்‌ஷன்ஸ் நிறுவனம் இந்தப் படத்தைத் தயாரிக்கிறது.

rotfl

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:03 am

Kattam Potta Sattai - a pretty good array of cast, from Radhika to Nasser to Samuthirakani.  Hope it doesn't have to meet the fate of Merku Thodarchi Malai (a MUST-watch movie) which at last saw the light of the day.

http://www.dinamani.com/cinema/cinema-news/2018/sep/13/kattampottasatta-2999600.html

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  raagakann Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:26 pm

This film is in the making for almost 4 years now..!  When I happened to meet Ramani Ammal (The lady who recently became popular in ZEE Sarigamapa) some 4 years back, she had told me that she had sung a song for IR in this movie.

raagakann

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:42 pm

raagakann wrote:This film is in the making for almost 4 years now..

Oh! Never knew that. I thought Kattam potta sattai was fresh in the making. Hope everything goes well for that team.

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:35 pm

Vijay Antony's new movie with music by IR.  Hope it releases and does well, for both!

Raja's New Albums - Page 37 DxMz2yMUUAI8W0F

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:57 pm

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/aadhi-s-bilingual-clap-have-music-ilaiyaraaja-103564 

Clap - Bilingual movie based on 'Sports' starring Aadhi, someone called Akanksha Singh and that Goli soda-2 girl Krisha Kurup (she was very good in that role, considering her as only a newcomer and from another state).  

The movie also has Nasser and Prakash Raj in "crucial" roles, it seems.

Let us see how it turns out - fingers crossed!

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:13 pm

kAkkA muttai pugazh Manikandan's second movie with IR (after kutRamE thaNdanai):

kadaisi vivasAyi
https://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/cinema-others/article28087256.ece

BTW, I saw this guy's interview to BRangan (some IR reference w.r.t. KT but no MD told for KV there) - brilliant fellow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx-Jd2Ky9SQ

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Kr Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:21 am

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/music/ilaiyaraaja-composes-an-english-song-for-a-tamil-film/articleshow/69942784.cms

Kr

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:48 pm

Another movie it looks like, "முன்பதிவு"

https://tamil.webdunia.com/article/tamil-cinema-news-movie-film/ilaiyaraajas-advice-to-introductory-director-119062600066_1.html

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:54 pm

Good line up for 2019-2020!

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:15 pm

Though not exactly an "IR Album" in a true sense, this is another that is expected to release in 2019
https://www.in.com/entertainment/regional/director-seenu-ramasamy-confirms-the-release-month-of-vijay-sethupathis-maamanithan-472657.htm

mAmanithan

Starring Vijay Sethupathi with IR-KR-YSR music it seems...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:22 pm

Sid Sriram sings for IR (movie - psycho)
http://movies.ndtv.com/tamil/kollywood/sid-sriram-croons-in-isaignani-ilaiyaraajas-music-for-the-first-time-2069806

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:49 am

I think there will never be another Kamal - IR combo:

https://twitter.com/ikamalhaasan/status/1150789119364104192?s=21
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Looks like 'psycho' is also in some kind of sine curve: