Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed)

+20
D22_Malar
Sakalakala Vallavar
baroque
crimson king
rajkumarc
fring151
olichudar
Drunkenmunk
Punnaimaran
jaiganesh
Wizzy
sagi
kiru
al_gates
plum
V_S
sheepChase
Usha
app_engine
24 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed) - Page 16 Empty Re: Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed)

Post  rajkumarc Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:53 pm

This is one of the movies that I bought the DVD just because IR was involved. Annan Gounds and Sathyaraj play the bad guys in this movie. The reason for lyrics conveying a troubled love is because Sasikala's love for Mohan was one-sided and the song was a dream sequence for Sasikala. Obviously, the visuals don't capture that. Since I had endured the movie once, I am obliged to reply to the context of this song  Very Happy. Nevertheless, it's a super sweet song(love the bass notes) wonderfully rendered by SPB & SJ.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed) - Page 16 Empty Re: Ilayaraja & Vairamuthu Combo - Checks & Balances (198 hits processed)

Post  app_engine Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:28 pm

nanri rajkumarc sir, for the clarification on the song's milieu!
Smile

Plum has mentioned in twitter that this is not the only Telugu original that had more than one Thamizh version...some others too had similar fate Smile

Well, thumbi vA may perhaps be the "most-reused-in-multiple-languages" melody of rAsA! (Even indhi has 2 versions I think Laughing )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:27 pm

#165 EkAntha vELai (pAdum paRavaigaL, SPB-SJ)

This song got covered as a 1988-er in the IR-SPB thread. Now, with more refined data available, one could see that the disk came out in 1985 itself, along with the Telugu movie. The Thamizh movie took some time to get released (per the posts in that thread, portions added to the Thamizh version it seems, like GM's comedy track).

In any case, great song! Full of bedroom stuff, a fav territory for VM and he throws in lines and phrases effortlessly.

What makes the song more interesting is the "conversational" style! SPB sings a phrase and SJ answers with a word! Lovely! ( கூந்தல் என்பது - இருட்டு, கண்கள் என்பது - விளக்கு, for example). I'm sure VM thoroughly enjoyed writing this dubbed song where lip sync was not a requirement. 

ஏகாந்த வேளை இனிக்கும் 
இன்பத்தில் வாசல் திறக்கும் 
ஆரம்பப்பாடம் நடக்கும் 
ஆனந்த கங்கை சுரக்கும் 
பெண் இன்பமே என்றும் பேரின்பமே 
இன்று உள்ளங்கள் சந்திக்கும் முத்தங்கள் தித்திக்கும் 

கூந்தல் என்பது இருட்டு 
கண்கள் என்பது விளக்கு 
உந்தன் புன்னகை கிழக்கு 
இன்னும் ஏனடி வழக்கு 
மேகம் வந்து பாய் விரிக்க 
நீயும் நானும் சேர்ந்திருக்க 
காமன் அம்புகள் பாயட்டும் 
காதல் வம்புகள் ஓயட்டும் 
ராசலீலைகள் ஆகட்டும் 
விண்ணில் வெண்ணிலா வேகட்டும் 
வா, மெல்ல வா! பூ அல்லவா? நான் கிள்ளவா? 

நேற்று ராத்திரி மலர்ந்தேன் 
நீல ஆற்றிலே நனைந்தேன் 
ஈர ஆடைகள் களைந்தேன் 
பூவில் ஆடைகள் புனைந்தேன் 
வண்ண பூக்களும் வெடிக்க 
பூவில் வண்டு தேன் குடிக்க 
தங்கம் போன்றது அங்கங்கள் 
எங்கு வேண்டுமோ தங்குங்கள் 
காமன் யாத்திரை செல்லுங்கள் 
காலை வந்ததும் சொல்லுங்கள் 
நம் நெஞ்சங்கள் பூ மஞ்சங்கள் தேன் சிந்துங்கள்

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:23 pm

#166 keeravANi iravilE (pAdum paRavaigaL, SPB-SJ)

Yet another dubbed sweetie sung by SPB-SJ, VM gets the first word from the Telugu original in this number too like 'EKantha vELA'.

And then fills in the rest with his typical yearning stuff ( வாலிப வேதனை, சூடானது மார்கழி, தலையணை நனைந்ததேன் etc) Smile

Extremely sweet number and generates some nostalgia each time I hear...

கீரவாணி இரவிலே கனவிலே பாட வா நீ
இதயமே உருகுதே
அடி ஏனடி சோதனை தினம் வாலிப வேதனை
தனிமையில் என் கதி என்னடி சங்கதி சொல்லடி வாணி

நீ பார்த்ததால் தானடி சூடானது மார்கழி
நீ சொன்னதால் தானடி பூப்பூத்தது பூங்கொடி
தவம் புரியாமலே ஒரு வரம் கேட்கிறாய்
இவள் மடிமீதிலே ஒரு இடம் கேட்கிறாய்
ஒரு வாய் பெறுவாய் மெதுவாய்
தலைவனை நினைந்ததும் தலையணை நனைந்ததேன்
அதற்கொரு விடை தருவாய்!

புலி வேட்டைக்கு வந்தவன் குயில் வேட்டைதான் ஆடினேன்
புயல் போலவே வந்தவன் பூந்தென்றலாய் மாறினேன்
இந்த வனமெங்கிலும் ஒரு சுரம் தேடினேன்
இங்கு உனைப்பார்த்ததும் அதை தினம் பாடினேன்
மலரில் மலராய் மலர்ந்தேன்
பறவைகள் இவளது உறவுகள் என தினம்
கனவுகள் பல வளர்த்தேன்

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:51 pm

There are two more hit songs left for the year 1985 and I should be done posting about them in this year and will take up 1986 probably only next year (2014)...

Hopefully this project will get completed by end Jan and we'll know how many TOTAL number of hits VM had with rAsA by then!

We can speak with total authenticity - statistically and factually refuting any nonsense statement that how IR's songs were popular / great only because of VM and rAsA had his "vasantham" only at that point of time.
(It is possible VM considers it as his own vasantham but definitely not for rAsA)

Of course, this project isn't as thrilling to me as IR-SPB. Or for that matter even IR-GA. However, this has to be done - to show TN-ers the reality and how to approach hype business.

Well, it's not totally dull either - as I get to hear some lovely songs after a gap (like that 'kAttukkuLLa kAdhal kiLiyakkaNdEn' by SJ) which is the big incentive Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:38 am

app_engine wrote:Fact 5 : The best movies of Mahendran, muLLum malarum / udhirippookkaL / nenjaththaikkiLLathE / Johny - films that changed the face of TF, had no VM.

Sorry to be taking this all the way from the beginning Was conversing with folks on twitter the other day and we discovered VM wrote 0 songs for Mahendran-IR combo. Also, if I can get details of Oor Panjayathu, A Mahendran directed film which had music by SPB in 1992, I can make sure that VM never wrote for Mahendran ever. Also, the last film that Mahendran directed and had IR's music was all the way back in 1984. 1992 had a Mahendran written film for which IR composed for. Also, stretching the logic, there is no Mahendran written or directed film where VM has written a single song for if we exclude Oor Panjayathu for which I don't have the details on. Quite surprising and stunning IMO!
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:39 am

Also, If I'm quoting from a previous message, I'm not able to comment below the quoted box and my comp only allows me to comment inside the quote box for which the previous message is proof of. Not sure what is wrong. I was able to comment normally till 2 days back.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:Also, If I'm quoting from a previous message, I'm not able to comment below the quoted box and my comp only allows me to comment inside the quote box for which the previous message is proof of. Not sure what is wrong. I was able to comment normally till 2 days back.

I agree there is a problem in "wysiwyg" mode.

By clicking on the last icon of the tool bar (switch editor mode), it is possible to quote properly...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:31 pm

app_engine wrote:
Drunkenmunk wrote:Also, If I'm quoting from a previous message, I'm not able to comment below the quoted box and my comp only allows me to comment inside the quote box for which the previous message is proof of. Not sure what is wrong. I was able to comment normally till 2 days back.

I agree there is a problem in "wysiwyg" mode.

By clicking on the last icon of the tool bar (switch editor mode), it is possible to quote properly...

Aah works. Thank you Smile and so this is how you quote out of text from articles from other sites. Teeplight.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:32 pm

#167 nAL nalla nAL (hello yAr pEsuRadhu, SJ)

I knew nothing about the background of this song except listening to it frequently in Cbe / Pollachi area buses those days and thus concluded it to be a hit. Only recently did I come to know the movie's name / VM wrote the song etc.

Funny to see VM invoking Mr Kamadevan, kattil business etc when a woman is singing about her forthcoming child and the happiness that motherhood brings. (Biology teacher mode I think).

Another funny thing is his invoking "violence" "revolution" etc, even when describing pregnancy
laugh
(இந்தப்பூவுக்குள்ளே போராட்டம், அடி வயிற்றில் சின்னச்சின்னத் தேரோட்டம்)

I don't think the video is available on the net...audio links available are not too good either (Oh, those Pollachi buses had this in real hi-res sound quality!)...

For those who cannot recall the song or the melody, a working link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zin-oSuBQBo

நாள் நல்ல நாள் புது நிலா பூச்சூடினாள்
உறவுகள் பிறந்த நாள் உலகமே மறந்த நாள்
கருவறையில் தீபம் ஏற்றினாள் உருகினாள்

காமதேவன் அன்று உன்மேல் புள்ளி வைத்ததென்ன
காலமென்னும் தேவன் உன்மேல் கண்கள் வைத்ததென்ன
கண்ட கதையை கட்டில் சொல்லுமே சொல்லிவைக்க வேண்டாமா
இனி தொட்டிலுக்குத் தாலாட்டு
தொட்டிலுக்குத் தாலாட்டு மறுபடியும் கட்டிலுக்குப் பாராட்டு
நலம் யாவும் வந்து சூழ்க மலர் மஞ்சள் தினம் வாழ்க

கருவில் தீபம் ஏற்றி நானே கோயிலாகிப் போனேன்
தாய்மை கொண்டதாலே இன்று ரெண்டு ஜீவன் ஆனேன்
வானவில்லிலே மின்னல்களினால் தொட்டில்கட்ட மாட்டேனா
இந்தப் பூவுக்குள்ளே போராட்டம்
பூவுக்குள்ளே போராட்டம் அடி வயிற்றில் சின்னச்சின்னத் தேரோட்டம்
இவள் வாழ்வே தவமாகும் வரும் பிள்ளை வரமாகும்

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:22 pm

#168 anbE anbE engE engE (sAdhanai, SJ)

The last IR-VM hit in our catalog for the albums released in 1985 Smile

Nice song, SJ emotes effortlessly a sweet rAsA melody that perfectly suits the setting. Though there are some VM-isms (தேகம் மாய்ந்து போகக்கூடும், பூவின் மீது பாறை ஏற்றிப்பார்ப்பதோ, சாவு மூன்று அங்குலம் Laughing ), the lines are mostly unobtrusive.

Unfortunately, the video is totally devoid of the necessary emotions - not fit for a movie that had NT playing the role of a movie director Embarassed

Perhaps the visuals explain why NT never tried movie direction but was "content" with acting Wink

அன்பே அன்பே எங்கே எங்கே
கண்ணீரின் ஈரங்கள் கல்லுக்குள் பாருங்கள்
காதல் மன்னவா, கண்டு செல்ல வா!

பாவை செய்த பாவம் என்ன வந்து சொல்லக்கூடாதோ
சாவை இன்னும் கொஞ்ச நேரம் தள்ளிப்போடக்கூடாதோ
கண்ணின் ஓரம் ஆவி தேங்க காதல் தூரம் பார்க்கிறேன்
தாங்கவில்லை பெண் மனம் காண வேண்டும் உன் முகம்
கண்டு போகச் சம்மதம்!

தேகம் மாய்ந்து போகக்கூடும் காதல் மாய்ந்து போகாது
நிலவு தேய்ந்து போகக்கூடும் வானம் தேய்ந்து போகாது
காதல் என்னும் பூவின் மீது பாறை ஏற்றிப்பார்ப்பதோ
நெஞ்சில் இன்று போர்க்களம் நீரில் மூழ்கும் கண்களும்
சாவு மூன்று அங்குலம்!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Started compiling the all-IR-hits of 1986. Will take a few days as this was another extremely prolific year Smile

Will then document the hits of the combo, for what was historically their last year of working together...to complete the thread objective!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:08 pm

As expected, from our reference spreadsheet, after taking out other language stuff (and some later-day-dubbed-stuff), there are still 200+ TFM songs done by IR in the year 1986.

What a prolific year that was! Many of those songs were hits as well Smile

Now in the process of identifying hit-or-not...will get the stats soon. Getting IR-VM hits v/s IR-others hits is no big deal as we have the superb spreadsheet now!

Please stay tuned...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:57 am

Per this post in this thread , rAsA did 50 TF albums in 1985 and we've subsequently catalogued 145 hits and later VM's share.

Looks like the number had been drastically less in 1986, if I go by initial observations from the spreadsheet. May be rAsA did a lot of Telugu in this year...

In any case, as a first step, let me list the TF albums that we'll consider for 1986 (the last year of official collob with VM)...

1 Dharma Paththini
2 Sippikkul Muththu
3 Aalapiranthavan
4 Amman Kovil Kizhakkalae
5 Aruvadai Naal
6 December Pookkal
7 Enakku Naanae Neethipathi
8 Hare Radha Hare Krishna
9 Iravu Pookkal
10 Isai Paadum Thendral
11 Kaadhal Parisu
12 Kadalora Kavithaigal
13 Kalyana Kachcheri
14 Kannukku Mai Ezhuthu
15 Kodai Mazhai
16 Maaveeran
17 Manaivi Ready
18 Manithanin Marupakkam
19 Manthira Punnagai
20 Maragatha Veenai
21 Mella Thiranthathu Kathavu
22 Mouna Raagam
23 Muthal Vasantham
24 Neethana Antha Kuyil
25 Paalaivana Rojakkal
26 Paaru Paaru Pattanam Paaru
27 Poovizhi Vaasalilae
28 Punnagai Mannan
29 Rettaivaal Kuruvi
30 Sirai Paravai
31 Solla Thudikuthu Manasu
32 Thaaikku Oru Thaalaattu
33 Thazhuvatha Kaigal
34 Thoorathu Pachchai
35 Unakaagavae Vaazhgiraen
36 Vidinja Kalyanam
37 Vikram

Much less number Embarassed
(Of these, some are dubbing as well - sippikkuL muthu / harE rAdhA)...

I'll get the list of hits by tomorrow...

EDIT: Dharma paththini already listed in 1985, so taking out...Only 36 movies them Smile

Last edited by app_engine on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:23 pm

I'm reading this news pretty late :

http://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/tamil-cinema/இளையராஜா-இன்னும்-ஆயிரம்-பாடல்களுக்கு-இசையமைக்க-வேண்டும்-வைரமுத்து/article5508114.ece

அது என்னலே "ஆயிரம்" கணக்கு?

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:45 am

OK, I've got 96 hits from 1986 out of 199 unique songs (removed some duplicates as same song with separate male / female versions etc).

That is a less than 50% hit rate for rAsA in TFM in the famed mid-80's, supposedly golden days of his career.

So, please don't make much noise about his "lower-hit-rate" in 90's. He had been prolific but hit-thingy was often due to many factors.

BTW, here's the break-up of the hits per lyricist:

GA - 27
IR - 1
K Kalimuthu - 1 (ADMK minister)
Kamakodiyan - 1
Mu Mehta - 1
Muthulingam - 5
nA Kamarasan - 4
Panju A - 1
Pulamaippiththan - 3
Vaali - 21
VM - 30
Viji Manuel - 1

Once again, VM edged out GA by 3 songs for the top spot, but not a greater percentage of total, despite big-time support by KH for 3 movies (Vikram / PM / SM)...but then SM, the dubbed movie, possibly missed the services of Vaali who could have definitely done a better job than "padhamAna-idhamAna lAli" IMO Wink

Like last time (i.e. 1985), let me get the list of non-VM hits from 1986 first :

1. EtRi vachcha neruppinilE (ALappiRandhavan)

2-7. chinnamaNikkuyilu, un pArvaiyil, kada veedhi, mooNu mudichchAla, kAlai nErappoonguyil, poova edhuththu (amman kOil kizhakkAlE)

8-10. dEvanin kOyil, mELaththai mella, OlakkuruththOla (aRuvadai nAL0

11,12. azhagAga siriththadhu indha nilavu, indha veNNilA (december pookkaL)

13. yArO sonnAngaLam andha Asai aRubadhu nAL (enakku nAne needhipathi)

14,15. malli malli, inimEl nALum (irauppookkaL)

16,17. kAdhal maharANi, kookkoo (kAdhal parisu)

18,19. dAs dAs, podi nadaiyA (kadalOrakkavidhaigaL)

20. anbu malaragaLil sOlai (kaNNukku mai ezhudhu)

21. kAtROdu kuzhalin (kOdai mazhai)

22-25. odhungu, nee koduththadha, nAn koduththadha, hEy mainA (mAveeran)

26. sAN piLLai AnAlum (manaivi ready)

27. kaLLukkuLLe vandha eeram (manidhanin maRupakkam)

28,29. pavaLa malligai, mandhirappunnagaiyO (mandhirappunnagai)

30-35. kuzhaloodhum, thEdum, sakkarakkattikku, ooru sanam, vA veNNilA, dhil dhil dhil (mellaththiRandhadhu kadhavu, with MSV)

36-40. manRam, nilAvE, pani vizhum, chinna chinna, OhO mEgam (mouna rAgam)

41-44. ponni nadhi, summA thodavum, mAnAdakkodi, ARu adhu Azham (mudhal vasantham)

45,46. yen jeevan pAdudhu, mAnangarukkudhu (nee dhAna andhakkuyil)

47,48. yAr thoorigai, thenRal varum (pAru pAru pattaNam pAru)

49-51. chinna chinna, pAttu ingE, oru kiLiyin (poovizhi vAsalilE)

52. one two three (punnagai mannan)

53,54. rAja rAja chOzhan, kaNNan vandhu (rettai vAl kuruvi)

55-57. poovE, enadhu vizhi, thEn mozhi (sollaththudikkudhu manasu)

58-61. vizhiyE viLakkondRu, onnA reNdA, kudumbaththai, thottuppAru (thazhuvAdha kaigaL)

62,63. O endhan vAzhvilE, kaNgaL reNdum (unakkAgavE vAzhgiREn)

64. kAlam iLavEnil kAlam (vidinjA kalyANam)

65,66. EnjOdi manjakkuruvi, meeNdum meeNdum vA (vikram)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:55 am

Now, let me get the list of those 30 hits for VM in 1986.

It is surprising to note that majority of this came from just a few movies!

sippikkuL muthu

1. varam thandha sAmikku
2. manasu mayangum
3. thuLLi thuLLi nee pAdammA
4. rAman kadhai kELungaL
5. kannOdu kaNNana en kaNNA
6. dharmam saraNam kachchAmi

kAdhal parisu

7. Ey, unnaiththAnE
kadalOrakkavidhaigaL
8. adi AththAdi (sugam)
9. adi AththAdi (sOgam)
10. kodiyilE malligappoo
11. pOgudhE pOguthE

manidhanin maRupakkam

12. sandhOsham inRu sandhOsham
13. oomai nenjin sondham
nee dhAna andhakkuyil
14. kaNNAna kannA unnai
15. poojaikkEththa poovidhu

punnagai mannan

16. yEdhEdhO
17. enna saththam indha nEram
18. kavidhai kELungaL
19. vAn mEgam
20. kAlam kAlamAga vAzhum
21. singaLaththuch chinnakkuyilE
22. mAmAvukku kudummA kudummA

thAykku oru thAlAttu

23. kAdhalA kAdhalA
24. ArAriro pAdiyadhArO
25. thaNNi thavikkudhu

unakkAgavE vAzhgiREn

26. iLanjOlai pooththadhA
27. kaNNA unaiththEdukiREn vA

Vikram

28. Vikram Vikram
29. vanithAmaNi
30. sippikkuL oru muthu

Like always, let us look at the % of VM out of IR hits, 30/96 = 31.25% for 1986, the last year of their collab.

IR continued to favor VM with some of his better songs, before they parted.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:58 pm

Now, we have a COMPLETE SUMMARY of all the IR hits that had VM's pAdal varigaL!
(Disclaimer - I could've possibly missed a dubbed one or two, please point out and we'll include...but this should be ~99% accurate)

Let us get these numbers straight!

1976-79 : None (VM yet to enter the scene)

1980 : 1 (less than 2% of IR's hit# for the year)

1981 : 10 (15%)

1982 : 31 (33%)

1983 : 40 (38%)

1984 : 37 (34.5%)

1985 : 49 (33%) - Though the number had gone up, the % came down - because rAsA was more prolific

1986 - 30 (31.25%)

1987 & later - none (because of saNdai...may be some residues that got released later / dubbing etc, not much to track)

So, in all, VM wrote for 198 hit songs under rAsA music - in a period of around 7 years.

2 numbers short of double century Embarassed

And, just for record, IR possibly scored much more hit numbers than this 198 in non-Thamizh albums alone Laughing

Within TFM, even many years back, when we compiled just "clean-hits" (i.e. excluding ponmEni, nEththu rAththiri, nilA kAyudhu kinds), we crossed 1000 just like that.

Going by his general hit rate, he must have scored for 2000+ HIT songs in his career! (I cannot catalog all of them...may be an exercise for another thread someday).

Which will be 10 times that of the hit songs he did with VM - or more!

If ever anyone else opens his/her mouth about how IR got big "because of VM", this thread should shut it in no time!

As usual, for the next few days, let me collect the lyrics of these last 30 and where applicable, will include youtubes and my comments Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:47 pm

Looks like the last year of the combo was a Kamal special - out of the 30 hits, 17 were from Kamal movies!

So, we'll start with a Kamal movie classic (though for the herOini)...

#169 varam thandha sAmikku (PS, sippikkuL muthu)

Extremely sweet number sung by the isaikkuyil! (I believe there's a slower male version too but not heard often). From the frequent references of gods, a territory somewhat alien to VM, one can guess that the song relied upon the Telugu original for references. That way, it can be argued that VM mostly did some word-stitching than putting the thoughts together for the songs of this movie.

However, to a great extent, he did that without causing much irritability to the listener Smile (though people like Plum / Sureshji, who have better access to the Telugu originals, may not think much about these or won't care to listen to the VM versions at all). For Telugu-ignorants like me, this "iluppaippoo of plum" happens to be sakkarai / vellam Embarassed

வரம் தந்த சாமிக்குப் பதமான லாலி
ராஜாதி ராஜனுக்கு இதமான லாலி
குறும்பான கண்ணனுக்கு சுகமான லாலி
ஜகம் போற்றும் தேவனுக்கு வகையான லாலி

கல்யாணராமனுக்குக் கௌசல்யை நானே
யதுவம்ச வீரனுக்கு யசோதை நானே
கருயானை முகனுக்கு மலையன்னை நானே
பார் போற்றும் முருகனுக்குப் பார்வதியும் நானே

ஆனந்தக்கண்ணனுக்கு ஆழ்வாரும் நானே
ஸ்ரீராமன் பாட வந்த கம்பநாடன் நானே
ராமராஜனுக்கு வால்மீகி நானே
ஆகாய வண்ணனுக்குத் தியாகய்யர் நானே

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:35 pm

mun jAmeen: This number came in the order as I saw in the original spreadsheet, not picked for Friday Embarassed

manasu mayangum mouna rAgam pAdu (SPB-SJ, sippikkuL muthu)

Some translate 'swAthi muthyam' as 'the real pearl', even though swAthi doesn't directly mean that. Per some (based on Sanskrit), it indicates the bright north star, Arcturus. That way, it has to be "star pearl", or a pearl that is very special, remarkable and invaluable.

It should take a really perverted group of people to translate swAti to sippi and then interpret that as woman's womb Embarassed  

Well, that is what the dubbing ghOshti of swAthi muthyam has done to the movie in Thamizh, making it simbly "sippikkuL muthu". (You can either look at it as "a precious pearl inside a cheap sippy" or like our VM fellow, further interpret it simbly as a "fetus inside womb" Laughing

Well, how else can one understand "மன்மதக்கலையில் சிப்பிக்குள் முத்து தேடு" Laughing
(BTW, the total blame cannot be on VM alone as the visuals are bound to excite the poet in that angle only)

Extraordinary tha-ki-ta-tha-ka-dhi-mi 7 beat misra chApu song. rAsA in his terrific elements to give some of his best works to K Viswanath. The low class lines pay absolutely no regard for this musical speciality...

மனசு மயங்கும் மௌன கீதம் பாடு
மன்மதக்கடலில் சிப்பிக்குள் முத்து தேடு
இதழில் தொடங்கு எனக்குள் இறங்கு சுகங்கள் இருமடங்கு

மார்பில் உண்டு பஞ்சணை மடிகள் ரெண்டும் தலையணை
நீரில் நெருப்பின் வேதனை அணைத்துக் கொண்டேன் தலைவனை
இதயம் மாறியதோ எல்லை மீறியதோ
புதிய பாடம் விரக தாபம் போதை ஏறியதோ

காதல் இங்கே பலவகை உனக்கு மட்டும் புதுவகை
காமன் கலைகளும் எத்தனை! பழக வேண்டும் அத்தனை
காதல் யாகங்களோ காம வேதங்களோ
உனக்குள் மறைந்து உயிரில் கரைந்து உருகும் நேரங்களோ

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:06 pm

aNNal Diamondukku Bathma BoosaNam  the clap . But idha sAkku vechu Raaja'vum Booshan, Vairamum Bhooshan, hence IR genius = VM genius (type adikkara kaiyya karukkiraNum) nu sollAma irundhA seri.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  baroque Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:26 am

yeah.... Raja music community wishes the Kavingar! Very Happy

App_eng is doing a good job here. Smile
baroque
baroque

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:33 am

ஒரு தமிழ்க் கவிஞருக்கு விருது என்ற முறையில் மகிழ்ச்சி!

வாழ்த்துகள் கவிஞர் வைரமுத்து அவர்களே!
the clap

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:08 pm

சாதிமத பேதம் எல்லாம் முன்னவங்க செஞ்ச மோசம்

அந்தப்பாட்டை எழுதியவர் வைரமுத்து.

மேலுள்ள ட்விட்லாங்கர் எழுதியவர் நம்ம plum!  Wink

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:52 pm

For those who find it difficult to read the Thamizh post in English transliteration, let me give it here in unicode :

@nom_d_plum aka plum wrote:
வைரமுத்து ஒரு நல்ல பாடலாசிரியர் என்பதில் சந்தேகம் இல்லை. காலத்திற்கும் நிற்கக்கூடிய பல பாடல்களை அவர் எழுதியுள்ளார் என்பதை அவரது எதிரிகளும் மறுக்கமுடியாது என்பது தான் நிதர்சனம். கண்ணதாசன், வாலி, பட்டுக்கோட்டையார் என்று பலரும் கோலோச்சிய தமிழ் இசைப்பாடல் உலகில், வைரமுத்துவுக்கு சிறப்பான தனியிடம் உள்ளது என்பதை யாரும் மறுக்க மாட்டர்.

ஆனால், இது ஒரு புறமிருக்க, ஒரு எழுத்தாளராக சமூகப் புரட்சியாளர் என்ற தளத்திலேயே அவர் தன்னை முன்னிறுத்திக் கொண்டாலும், மனிதனின் அடிப்படைக் கீழ்ச்சிந்தனைகளான ஜாதி உணர்வுகள் இவரையும் விட்டு வைக்கவில்லை என்பது தான் இவரை தீவிரமாகக்  கவனித்தவர்களுக்கு வருத்தம் தரும் நிதர்சனமான உண்மை என்பதை இங்கு கூறுவது நம் கடமையாகிறது!

இந்த அடிப்படைக் கீழ்ச்சிந்தனையின் விளைவு அவருக்கு இந்திய அரசின் பெருமை மிக்க விருது கிடைத்திருக்கும் இந்த வேளையிலும் - அந்த விருதுக்கான முஸ்தீபுகளிலேயே - வெளிப்படுவது தான் வேதனை.

விஷயம் இது தான் - இந்தப் பத்ம விருதுகளைக் கொடுக்கும் அரசு அதற்கான அப்ளிகேஷன் ஃபார்ம் எனப்படும் விண்ணப்பப் படிவங்களில் ஒருவரது பெயரை வாங்கிக்கொள்கிறது. இப்படி இருக்கும் அறிவிப்புப் பட்டியலில் "வி ஆர் தேவர் " என்ற தமிழ்ப்பாடலாசிரியருக்கு விருது அளிப்பதாக அரசு அறிவிக்க, இவர் யாரென்று வியந்த தமிழுலகம் சுதாரித்துக் கொண்டு வைரமுத்து தான் இந்த தேவர் என அறிகிறது!

விருதுக்கான விண்ணப்பப்படிவத்தில் முற்போக்குச் சிந்தனையாளர் எனக்கூறப்படும் ஒருவர், தனது ஜாதிப்பெயரையே பிரதானப்படுத்திக்கொள்ளும் இந்த மனப்போக்கு வியப்பையும் அருவருப்பையும் அளிக்கிறது அல்லவா?

இன்னும் இருக்கிறது கேளுங்கள் - இதற்கு முன்பே அவரது விக்கி தளத்தில் "வைரமுத்து ராமசாமி தேவர்" என எழுதி இருந்ததைப் பலமுறை நண்பரொருவர் சுட்டிக்காட்டி அதன் பின்னரே அந்த ஜாதி அடைமொழி அழிக்கப்பட்டது.

இவ்வளவு நடந்தும், மீண்டும் பத்மவிருதுக்கு விண்ணப்பித்தவர்கள், "தேவர்" என்று ஜாதியைப் பிரதானப்படுத்தி விண்ணப்பிக்கிறார்கள் என்றால், அது இவரது சம்மதம் இல்லாமலா?

வி ஆர் தேவர், என்று ஜாதிப்பெயரைப் பிரதானப்படுத்தி இந்திய அரசு கொடுத்த விருதை நிராகரிப்பாரா புரட்சி சிந்தனையாளர் கவிப்பேரரசு எனத் தன்னைத்தானே கூறிக்கொள்ளும் இந்த உத்தமர்?

துரதிருஷ்டவசமாக, இந்தக்கேள்விகளுக்கு விடை என்ன என்பது நம்மெல்லோருக்கும் நன்றாகவே தெரியுமல்லவா?

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next