Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu

+3
Kaaling
Admin
7 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu Empty Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu

Post  Admin Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:40 pm

As we get more organised, we'd probably want to separate out discussions for easy linking and reference later on.

I'll move all Domestic Cricket discussions from the main thread to here over the next few days.
Meanwhile, all fresh discussions on Domestic Cricket can happen here

Mindvoice: Domestic Cricket thread periya mysore maharaja palace ALU ambu sEnai ellAm vandhu discuss paNNa. irukkaRadhu reNdu mukkA kai baniyan(Wizzy and Puliyan)...

Last edited by Admin on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://ilayaraja.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu Empty Re: Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu

Post  2040 Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:41 pm

idhellaam arumayaa work aagudhu...

Back to top Go down

Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu Empty Re: Ranji Trophy and Beyond - Domestic Mattai Pandhu viLayAttu

Post  Kaaling Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:02 pm

2.45 pm Jadeja goes to tea on 279

If he gets 21 more, Ravindra Jadeja will become the first man, I repeat, the first man to make three triple centuries in the Ranji Trophy. VVS Laxman has two, so does Wasim Jaffer. Only seven batsmen have achieved the feat before in first-class cricket. Saurashtra are 464 for 6, the next-highest score is Shitanshu Kotak's 68. Staggering, plain simple staggering. Someone check if he is human.
He is on 284 now. enna ezhavu idhu. Ranji trophy-a appuram evan madhippaan :banghead:.
Wouldn't be surprised if he is in 4th test squad given his Rhiti sports connection.

Badri approaching double Very Happy.

Kaaling

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Rajkot/NH/triple/rinse/repeat cheers having said that Raina is struggling even in Ranjis and he was Ind's mainstay before cancer survivor Yuvi made a comeback Mad . given our no.6 batting frailties/lack of spinner who could dart his way to glory..Jadeja might get to play if Ind went on to lose the eden test.

also there is some credence to the theory of Indian spinners lacking the bite on turners.
During World t-20 when KP was quizzed on effectiveness of Raza Hasan/Pak spinners vis-a-vis others he specifically talked about Ajmal/Rahman bowling @ 95kph throughout the test series thereby denying the batters the opportunity to get under the ball to dent them. with heavy bats/60m boundary don't think spinners with flight/guile will survive any longer, dart your way through or be prepared to be bullied around like PJha/Ashwin found out.

In all this maze yam surprised that Weed lost out to a fellow sardar on darting upmanship.
always held this view that Harbhi was the one who championed this rare art form of darts. to be beaten in your own game is Embarassed
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaaling Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:13 pm

Wizzy wrote:Rajkot/NH/triple/rinse/repeat cheers
Same reason why I was always skeptical about Pujara's 3 triples in a month at Rajkot. But looks like he can play Wink.

Wizzy wrote:having said that Raina is struggling even in Ranjis and he was Ind's mainstay before cancer survivor Yuvi made a comeback Mad . given our no.6 batting frailties/lack of spinner who could dart his way to glory..Jadeja might get to play if Ind went on to lose the eden test.
IMO the selectors were looking at a batsman who can drive home the advantage with some(?!!) quick runs after the slower middle order (GG/CP/SRT/VK) has grinded the opposition down. Sehwag, despite his hit or miss game, provides the bowlers with extra time to bowl opposition out twice whenever he clicks and selectors might have looked for a similar type player at 6 & 7 in case Sehwag fails. Could be the reason Raina and Yuvi have been tried out. But these two are zero when it comes to damage repair (the type Faf played beautifully). Solution is to look for a top-order batsman at 6(Rahane/Tiwary/even Nohit) & a proper WK/bat at 7 (Saha/PP/DK) and hope they can stick around with a top-order bat and make sure we get atleast a par score.

indha Yuvi moonji-ye enakku pudikkala. Cancer-la irundhu phoenix endhirichu varradhu ellaam 'othukkaren, vizhundhu kumbidaren' adhukkunnu Test team-layaa. Last time I said something against Yuvi for ODIs, he got MoS in World Cup. indha murai enna panna poraano Rolling Eyes.

Very valid point you made about Sidhu/Azhar acing it in India. We are not even home track bullies anymore pale.

Kaaling

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:53 am

^The no.6 position is tricky, in the subcontinent you ought to be @ top of your game against spinners and
any weakness will be ruthlessly exploited and in overseas its the opposite with your game against second new ball et al. Even in odies Yuvi/Raina phail to check these boxes hence its beyond realms of any cricketing logic that these guys get selected in tests repeatedly for their promise of quick runs as you put it.

pheel this whole mire of 'youwecan' is one giant marketing exercise with so many corporates lending support.
hapless selectors are caught in this web where even a scant indication of axing him will lead to public outcry/stalled parliament.

VVS should be banging his head against the wall for being pushed to forgo his test place for this bunch of hacks masquerading as test bats.

weighing everything up, a series loss against Eng will set many wheels in the right place. For starters Capatain Fool will lose his stronghold on Indian cricket and will be exposed for what he is.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:14 pm

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-domestic-2012/engine/current/match/574074.html

look @ VB's wagging tail/extras, D(k) should have had one of those stinky days.

only consolation Arrow TN is still @ the middle of the group whilst Karnataka is lavishing @ the bottom Very Happy
Pwnjab is smoking it this season, guess offloading dead weights helps Wink
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:22 pm

TN is making a meal of declarations. Just, Learn, From, Maharashtra.
Bat on until you can, Make 500, 600, 700. Atleast that way you prevernt 3 points for the opponents. Is it that hard to implement?

Maybe this is why our guys dont make it at the national level - you ought to make street smart decisions continuously and go for what suits you, spirit of the game be damned. Know you r average, just when you are ready for the chop, come with a Gautam Gambhir like 51 in mumbai. It just takes smartness.

Idiot D(K) - with due apologies to the other mukkA kai baniyan here, puliyan

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:40 pm

TN is making a meal of declarations. Just, Learn, From, Maharashtra.

donno if you had noticed, Maharashtra is being coached by certain Dermot Reeve, all the nadharithanams stems from there Smile
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Punjab vs Mumbai is headed for a exciting finish, Pun is currently 53/8, Chavan 7/21 Shocked

http://www.bcci.tv/bcci/bccitv/community/domesticresult/livescorecard/917

Raina refuses to declare and piles up cheap runs Smile
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:07 am

I already hear noises for Mandeep Singh(211 against Mumbai) and Jiwanjyot Singh(5 ranji matches in his career - great start this year with dabil century century pipity etc.).

Mark the names - these are the new Yuvraj and Harbhajan - good looking fellersA irundhA Hero Honda, Cola adlAm kedaikkum. seekkiramA munnERuvAnga. andha Abhinav Mukundaiyum PArunga - karichattila mukki eduththA mAdhiri, appuRam karadu muradA Rajkiran mAdhiri oru moonji - how can he sell Cola and Bikes in NCR belt? And if he cant. why should he play for Indian team?

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaaling Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Thamizhagam this time puppy shame. QF berth looks impossible.

Remaining 3 matches are against Baroda, UP and Haryana. By the time last round comes, even an outright win against Haryana might not be enough Embarassed.

Kaaling

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Wizzy wrote:

Raina refuses to declare and piles up cheap runs Smile

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Gary-Kirsten-always-wanted-me-to-open-the-innings-Suresh-Raina/articleshow/17577159.cms

It is no secret that Suresh Raina wants to play Test cricket on regular basis. He is scoring runs in domestic matches, working hard on his fitness and even hired a personal coach Praveen Amre to improve his batting techniques.

An unbeaten century against Vidarbha in the Ranji Trophy on Tuesday was perhaps his way of telling the national selectors that he is keen to be part of the Indian Test squad.

Missed out in the first innings, Raina, who opened the Uttar Pradesh's second innings, made amends by hitting a chanceless undefeated 105 to stake his claim for the Test spot. Although, he is hungry to regain his position, he is not in a hurry and ready to wait patiently.

"Today's century was important for me. I am determined to score heavily everytime I go out to bat and be ready for national call. The main reason to promote myself up the order was to get good batting practice and put up a big score against my name," Raina told TOI after the four-day Ranji Trophy match ended in a draw at the VCA Civil Lines ground.

The Uttar Pradesh skipper believes he has a technique to be a good opener and enjoys batting in the top-order.

"I think I can open the innings in every format of the game. I can defend very well and whenever the situation demands, I can play my shots. Gary (Kirsten) always wanted me to open the innings. He felt that I can do the job perfectly. I had done well at No. 3 slot for India (in ODIs and Twenty20s) and in the IPL and given a chance can open in any format," said Raina.

Despite performing decently in the 17 Test matches he played so far, he could not cement his place in the star-studded Indian middle-order.

"I did fairly well in my last Test series against New Zealand. My place was taken by Yuvraj (Singh) and now Ravinder (Jadeja). Both Yuvi and Jadeja got chance because they did well in domestic tournaments. There is a healthy competition and it's good for the game. I am eager and hopeful to make comeback into the Test team but before the next Australia Test series, there are 8 ODIs and few Twenty20 matches to be played. My focus will be to do well in those matches," said the Raina.

The 26-year-old supported the struggling Indian team and optimistic about winning the final Nagpur Test.

"I still firmly back Team India. I am sure they will have brilliant five days of cricket at Jamtha and will level the series. Sachin, Mahi and all other batsmen will come good," said Raina.

we need a thread for funny things happenings in cricket on/off the field ASAP Neutral
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaaling Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:51 pm

The Uttar Pradesh skipper believes he has a technique to be a good opener and enjoys batting in the top-order.

"I think I can open the innings in every format of the game. I can defend very well and whenever the situation demands, I can play my shots. Gary (Kirsten) always wanted me to open the innings. He felt that I can do the job perfectly. I had done well at No. 3 slot for India (in ODIs and Twenty20s) and in the IPL and given a chance can open in any format," said Raina.
Gambhir-ku replacement ready cheers. Sehwag's successful move from middle-order to opener will be cited (with Yuvi's failure as opener ignored) and Raina will be tried as an opener. Mukund, Vijay-laam tea pochu-nu endhirichu poga vendiyadhudhaan.

Kaaling

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:55 pm

dhayavu senju indha vijay'kellaam vakkaalatthu vaangittu yaarum varaadhinga sir... pannaadai evlo chance waste pannittaan... idhu tea pOchunu feeling vaerayaa... domestic'layachum edhachum pannanaa recentaa??

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:33 pm

True - the chances given to Vijay(Although much less than what Yuvi got in tests) have ensured that no Tamil playe will get a decent run for another 50 years.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:10 pm

plum wrote:True - the chances given to Vijay(Although much less than what Yuvi got in tests) have ensured that no Tamil playe will get a decent run for another 50 years.

am not only speakin abt tests...

there was one time when he was giving too many chances in both the formats as opener... and the fella did not even show any promise leave alone scoring runs.. thats when one of our regular opener was injured something... indha maadhiri chance ellaam apdiyae amukkida vOnaamaa... being a opener, run rate patthi ellaam kavalayae padaama kattaya pOttu sila match'la ukkaandhirundhaa cheeka innum konjam yaetthi vitruppaar... s.koluppulayae onnatthukkum aagaama pOiduchu...

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaaling Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:33 am

Accepted that Vijay got the most chances out of TN brigade and it is very tough to defend him. But he only failed in an away WI series where batting was very difficult (only Dravid and Laxman were scoring there, I think). Compare that to the number of chances that Raina/Yuvi got.

Anyways we don't have to worry about Vijay's future as he is now associated with Rhiti Laughing.

Kaaling

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Kaaling wrote:Accepted that Vijay got the most chances out of TN brigade and it is very tough to defend him. But he only failed in an away WI series where batting was very difficult (only Dravid and Laxman were scoring there, I think). Compare that to the number of chances that Raina/Yuvi got.

Anyways we don't have to worry about Vijay's future as he is now associated with Rhiti Laughing.

avlo deepa theriyaadhu...

explain rhiti. (2 marks)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaaling Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Softie, Rhiti sports:
- Owned by Arun Pandey, a close friend of Dhoni
- Last year bagged Dhoni's endorsement deal for ~200 crores
- Also manages Bajji,RP Singh,Raina,Jadeja,Chawla and recently Vijay & Saina Nehwal
- Handles sponsorship for CSK

Kaaling

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:40 pm

OgO...

there seems to be more teamwork off the field than on the field...

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:29 pm

TN already staring @ relegation,VB Mad

MP were firmly in control only to choke after tea, after a long time Zak got a chance to mouth off bats Smile
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:33 pm

mangaLAm nerunnu for TN. Something is rotten in the TN Dressing room.

I think 5 India rejects are totally defeated by Life and possibly focussed on their own come-back, and this is probably affecting the team unity.

The no of times the fabulous 4 of Vijay-Mukund-Dinesh-Badri have let down only for Arun Karthik/Prasanna/Yo Mahesh/Baba to rescue is mind-boggling in last 2 years.
And except Baba, everyone else doesnt have a firm place(Prasanna has after last year's and this year's heroics but before that he was also not very sure of his place).

And you all know my favourite theory -- TN played a SS Kumar in this match. enakku mildA doubt Ayi check paNNEn - he is also a bloody Sureshkumar

Sureshkumar-nu pEru vechavanai select paNNAlE TN Ranji team veLangaRadhillai!

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:34 pm

ovvoru cycle-laiyum mukki munagi oru finalsku vaRAnga. And then, very next season, they come last in the group or something and go into an abyss. ipdiyE 20 varushamA nadandhukittirukku...

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:10 am

you know TN is in the soup when D(k) tops the batting charts Laughing icing is Malolan being the highest wicket taker which is horrendous even
by TN's abysmal bowling standards.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ranji-trophy-2012/engine/records/averages/batting_bowling_by_team.html?id=7515;team=2184;type=tournament
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum